Getting an expanded image to return

I want to have web based visitors click on a small and compact thumbnail
PDF image on, say, page six, have a new high res image appear, and then
because of file sizes.

If you try this with IE and a .jpeg larger image, you return to PDF
document start page one rather than page six.  This gets exceptionally
annoying and inconvenient on longer documents.

Would making the larger image also a PDF file help any?
What else can be done?

See http://www.tinaja.com/glib/ebayfoto.pdf for an example of the
problem.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster
Synergetics   3860 West First Street  Box 809  Thatcher, AZ 85552
voice: (928)428-4073 email: don@tinaja.com fax 847-574-1462

don117 (203)

Don Lancaster <don@tinaja.com> wrote in message news:<3F08C961.ED4586A9@tinaja.com>...
> I want to have web based visitors click on a small and compact thumbnail
> PDF image on, say, page six, have a new high res image appear, and then
> because of file sizes.
>
> If you try this with IE and a .jpeg larger image, you return to PDF
> document start page one rather than page six.  This gets exceptionally
> annoying and inconvenient on longer documents.

I may be wrong, but I think I have seen this problem described in
Acrobat Reader's online docs. It said to check "Use logical page
numbers" (although I'm missing the logic behind this...).
0
sags5495

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)

Getting the Text from Image and PDF
Hi friends, This is Jan, I am new to this Group. I have a requirement here. Is there any Java API for getting the Text data from an Image and PDF formats. Please let me know the same. If anything found, please suggest me regarding them. Thanks && Regards.. Jan Jan <janreddy.sr@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi friends, > This is Jan, I am new to this Group. > I have a requirement here. > Is there any Java API for getting the Text data from an Image > and PDF formats. For reading characters from graphical data, google "ocr" (and "java") (the acronym means "optical character recognition") PDFs may contain the text directly (non-graphically), which would make extraction much easier (and not require ocr). On 02/14/2014 04:09 AM, Jan wrote: > Hi friends, > > This is Jan, I am new to this Group. > > I have a requirement here. > > Is there any Java API for getting the Text data from an Image and PDF formats. Please let me know the same. If anything found, please suggest me regarding them. > <http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#before> On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 01:09:12 -0800 (PST), Jan <janreddy.sr@gmail.com> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said : > Is there any Java API for getting the Text data from an Image and PDF formats. >Pease let me know the same. If anything found, please suggest m...

PDF image of text to readable text ?
Seems there are web based tools and software. My son needs text to have it read for him. He has a PC. Found PDF reader $50 , http://thurly.net/11ia and http://thurly.net/11i4 the last being google. Wondering what you folks found useful or use ? Thanks! -- Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden http://uppitywis.org/ live WI ...

Get image from DB fails. Image are not returned correctly.
Hi, I have a problem retreiving images from a MSSQL 2000 database with php. I wrote an ASP page using "response.binarywrite" to get the same image, and this worked 100%. Therefore, the images in my database is not corrupt. Only the top part of the image is returned to the client's browser window. Same result with both IE6 and Opera 7.11. I guess the problem is header related, and I've tried to output different headers with no luck whatsoever. Here is my php code: getimagefromdb.php ----------------------- <?php error_reporting(E_ERROR); header("Content-type: image/jpg"); $sql_servername = 'name_of_dbserver'; $sql_user = 'sql_user_name'; $sql_userpw = 'sql_user_password'; $db = 'database_name_where_images_is'; $query = "SELECT coverImage FROM dvds WHERE id = ".$_GET['ID']; if (false != $conn = mssql_connect($sql_servername,$sql_user,$sql_userpw)) { mssql_select_db($db,$conn); $rs = mssql_query($query,$conn); $arrImage = mssql_fetch_row($rs); mssql_close($conn); echo $arrImage[0]; } ?> Next is a simple example of a page requesting image with ID=1: index.php ----------- <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" /> </head> <body>...

Printing text, image, text, image, ...
I have bunch of text files (about 20 lines) and bunch of image files. Is there a clean way to print text, then image, then text, then image, ...., as though there are in single continuous document? -- William Park <opengeometry@yahoo.ca>, Toronto, Canada ThinFlash: Linux thin-client on USB key (flash) drive http://home.eol.ca/~parkw/thinflash.html BashDiff: Super Bash shell http://freshmeat.net/projects/bashdiff/ ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.misc.] On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 20:01:01 -0400, William Park staggered into the Black Sun and said: > I have [a] bu...

How to get text from PDF?
Hi all, I have my web server bases on linux. I am working on a project for which I need to get text out of PDF file. I need to know which text belongs to which PDF page number? Is there any utility/tool that should be installed on linux and I can use it from command line in PHP through exec() or system() etc for this purpose? Please reply me urgently. Thanks in advance. On 22 Dec, 15:03, Shahid <mirzashahidmahm...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I have my web server bases on linux. I am working on a project for > which I need to get text out of PDF file. I need to know which text > belongs to which PDF page number? > > Is there any utility/tool that should be installed on linux and I can > use it from command line in PHP through exec() or system() etc for > this purpose? > > Please reply me urgently. > > Thanks in advance. Oh dear, is google **again** http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=postscript+to+text&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a C. ...

How to get clear image of a scanned image by removing black dots,resize,despeckle,clearer text
i want to do scanned image of a text document in to a clear text document image.. pls can anyone help .. i converted image into black&white.and applied bwmorph(bw,'remove'), it removes most black part .. but i am not getting clearer text. pls help me thanx. jagadish katti: Maybe you could try this: http://www.leptonica.com/binarization.html or look here: http://iris.usc.edu/Vision-Notes/bibliography/contentschar.html#OCR,%20Document%20Analysis%20and%20Character%20Recognition%20Systems Or try MATLAB's adapthisteq() in the Image Processing Toolbox. ...

How to get a JPG image from a PDF?
Hi, I'm using PHP 4.4.4 (but can upgrade if that's the answer to this question). Given a PDF file, I want to be able to generate a JPG of each page. I have no idea where to start but sure this is a problem someone has tackled before. Anything out there you would recommend? - Dave laredotornado@zipmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I'm using PHP 4.4.4 (but can upgrade if that's the answer to this > question). Given a PDF file, I want to be able to generate a JPG of > each page. I have no idea where to start but sure this is a problem > someone has tackled before. > > Anything out there you would recommend? - Dave At the minimum use a screen capture program view each page, capture it,and process to a JPEG ;-) <laredotornado@zipmail.com> schreef in bericht news:28a68f6c-e990-43ab-9874-edc69ce510ee@1g2000hsl.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I'm using PHP 4.4.4 (but can upgrade if that's the answer to this > question). Given a PDF file, I want to be able to generate a JPG of > each page. I have no idea where to start but sure this is a problem > someone has tackled before. > > Anything out there you would recommend? - Dave without PHP, you can use PDFcreator (www.pdfforge.org) its a printerdriver that able to output to JPEG but this is not from PHP, and only works on Windows...... "Luuk" <luuk@invalid.lan> schreef in bericht news:q6eb75-kao.ln1@leafnode.a62-251-88-195.adsl.xs4...

getting an image off a pdf file
i've got a pdf file that's got one or more scanned images. i'd like to get programmatic access to the image and do nasty stuff to it. a page explaining the format of pdf file - specially embedded images should do it. thanks. "Tashkant" <goahead@spamme.com> wrote: >i've got a pdf file that's got one or more >scanned images. > >i'd like to get programmatic access to the >image and do nasty stuff to it. > >a page explaining the format of pdf file - >specially embedded images should do it. "A page" sounds optimistic....

Get the thumbnail of a PDF as an image
Hi - How can I extract the thumbnail of the first page in an existing PDF file in my Windows Visual C++ application as a JPEG, PNG or TIFF? - If possible I don't want to use the Acrobat SDK. Is there another library available to do this? I have to do that in a Windows C++ application and eventually in a MAC OS X application (Codewarrior; MACH-O). Thanks Hans "Hans Stoessel" <hstoessel.list@pm-medici.ch> wrote: >- How can I extract the thumbnail of the first page in an existing PDF file >in my Windows Visual C++ application as a JPEG, PNG or TIFF? Do you ...

ANN: Fly Text to PDF

Help reading PDF to get text...
Hi, I need help with PDF::API2 or TEXT::PDF::* or any module which can b used to read pdf files. I have been trying to find any other thread which address this... but was unable to get a resolution. I have a bunch of pdf reports which I need to read through to find text string in any of the lines to read the report name. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.[COLOR=firebrick - tq_aud ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.codecomments.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

How to get the size of image/text entry
Is there a SQL-Statement to obtain the real size of an image or text entry? Regards Guido Frohn Found the (simple) solution by RTFM. select datalength(object) from table where object_id=4711 "Guido Frohn" <guido.frohn@compumatica.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:bg2u2r$6c2$1@news.nrw.net... > Is there a SQL-Statement to obtain the real size of an image or text entry? > > Regards > Guido Frohn > > "Guido Frohn" <guido.frohn@compumatica.de> wrote in message news:bg2u2r$6c2$1@news.nrw.net... > Is there a SQL-Statement to obtain the real size of an image or text entry? > > Regards > Guido Frohn > Use the datalength() function on the text/image column. HTH, Rob ------------------------------------------------------------- Rob Verschoor Certified Sybase Professional DBA for ASE 12.5/12.0/11.5/11.0 and Replication Server 12.5 Author of "Tips, Tricks & Recipes for Sybase ASE" and "The Complete Sybase ASE Quick Reference Guide" Online orders accepted at http://www.sypron.nl/shop mailto:rob@DO.NOT.SPAM.sypron.nl.REMOVE.THIS.DECOY http://www.sypron.nl Sypron B.V., P.O.Box 10695, 2501HR Den Haag, The Netherlands ------------------------------------------------------------- ...

Converting a PDF document image to text
I prgramatically save a PDF document as text using automation. I then process the document in VB. However, my client now has one of his clients sending an image of a document in a PDF file. What is the best way to convert the PDF image file to text using VB? Thanks. Greg In article <jldi03dlmqcb5mr1fifrg5ok89mso45rok@4ax.com>, bookreader_1955 @yahoo.com says... > I prgramatically save a PDF document as text using automation. I then > process the document in VB. > > However, my client now has one of his clients sending an image of a > document in a PDF file. > > What is the best way to convert the PDF image file to text using VB? > > Thanks. AFAIK, your only choice will be to save it as an image file and use OCR on the file. -- Remove the ns_ from if replying by e-mail (but keep posts in the newsgroups if possible). If a PDF file is in ASCII format (As opposed to Binary) it should be possible to extract the text. Postscript is a well defined language and parsing the page is a possibility. I don't think the task is simple but it should be possible. CharlesW "Greg" <bookreader_1955@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:jldi03dlmqcb5mr1fifrg5ok89mso45rok@4ax.com... >I prgramatically save a PDF document as text using automation. I then > process the document in VB. > > However, my client now has one of his clients sending an image of a > document in a PDF file. > > What is the best way to...

Extract text and images from pdf file
Hi guys, can you guide me to tutorials, examples and scripts where I can learn how to extract text, images, etc from pdf file. Thanks Undbund On Mar 31, 3:42 am, undbund <undb...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi guys, can you guide me to tutorials, examples and scripts where I > can learn how to extract text, images, etc from pdf file. > > Thanks > Undbund start here http://www.php.net/pdf SrSilveira <srsilveira@gmail.com> wrote: >On Mar 31, 3:42 am, undbund <undb...@gmail.com> wrote: > >> Hi guys, can you guide me to tutorials, examples and scripts where I >> can learn how to extract text, images, etc from pdf file. > >start here >http://www.php.net/pdf That's an interesting suggestion, but it doesn't do anything to solve his problem. The PDF functions are used to CREATE PDFs, but they don't do anything about READING PDFs. To extract stuff from a PDF file, you need a PDF rendering library. I'm not aware of any PHP packages that do that (although I'm sure someone will correct me), but you might look into xpdf or poppler. -- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc. On Apr 1, 5:48 pm, Tim Roberts <t...@probo.com> wrote: > SrSilveira <srsilve...@gmail.com> wrote: > >On Mar 31, 3:42 am, undbund <undb...@gmail.com> wrote: > > >> Hi guys, can you guide me to tutorials, examples and scripts where I > >> can learn how to extract text,...

Module to get text from a PDF page?
I'm looking for a Perl module that will give me the text from a page of a simple (uncompressed, unencrypted) PDF. I've found several modules on CPAN that will write text into PDFs, but nothing to get it out. The closest possibilities look like PDF::API2 and Text::PDF. I've been working with them, and they seem to be able to get at a lot of meta-information in a PDF, but unable to get at the actual text in the file. My workaround is to shell out to pdftotext to get the text, but I'd like to have a pure-perl solution if possible. Does anyone know of a module that can do this? Thanks, Wade ...

How to get the single image in the video viewer output where i am getting 3*3 images
i am sending the video using gateway in & gateway out blocks. the output in the video viewer is 9*9 but i want it to be single image ...

Adding search text to image pdf
I have a 350 page scanned pdf. I OCR'd it and now have a .txt file with all of the text in it with page breaks in it. What I want is to view the PDF as original scan images, but be able to search (to the page or word) using the text in the text file. I can't figure it out, how do I attach the text to the pdf? I'm using Acrobat 5 on win2000. Is this possible without buying any extra software? I know I've seen PDFs that use original images but somehow link the OCR text with individual word images. Thanks for any help. postalgbv@hotmail.com (Eric) wrote in message news:<...

Differentiating image+text from PDF normal
Is there an east way either in Acrobat, or via a s/w utility or plugin, to determine if a pdf file was done as image+text, as opposed to pdf normal (without having to visually inspect the pages). I have a large number of pdfs that I need to differentiate between the types. Thank You. Mike Gross schrieb: > Is there an east way either in Acrobat, or via a s/w utility or > plugin, to determine if a pdf file was done as image+text, as opposed > to pdf normal (without having to visually inspect the pages). I have > a large number of pdfs that I need to differentiate between the type...

Text IN an Image To Straight Text?
Hi. (I'm not sure where to ask this so I'm trying a few newsgroups) I have some .jpg's of text documents. Is there a utility which will work like OCR in a scanner, helping to convert the text WITHIN the image to straight text? I don't have a printer working at the moment, or I'd print the .jpg's and then scan them using OCR. (The format doesn't necessarily have to be .jpg) Thanks in advance for any help GP Yes, if the image is not to bad a pic (not much noise and all that). Try http://www.twocows.com/windows.html I know they have a couple of ocr programs s...

VeryPDF PDF To Image Converter v2.0
For Immediate Release Contact: support@verypdf.com http://www.verypdf.com/ http://www.verypdf.com/pdf2tif/index.htm VeryPDF PDF To Image Converter v2.0 - Convert Adobe PDF file to Image Formats PDF To Image Converter Introduction (Document) PDF To Image Converter is an application program based on Windows platform, which can directly convert PDF files to dozens of image formats, such as TIF, TIFF, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, EMF, PCX, TGA and so on, it does support whole PDF file to image file conversion, include text, line, arc, ellipse, Bezier, color, image, form and other type elements. PD...

Ghostscript and copying text from a pdf gets junk
Dear group, I have downloaded gs 8.14 and redmon 1.7 to make pdfs in win98se. I use the apple color laserwriter 12/600 driver which outputs to redmon and makes a pdf. The pdfs look great, the only problem is that when i try to copy the text in acrobat and paste to notepad, it comes out like this: 7\SH)RQW)RUPDW \SH([WHQVLRQ9HUVLRQ&RPSUHVVLRQ&RORU'HSWK0DLQWDLQHU$GREH6\VWHPV6SHFLILFDWLRQ GSview and text extract give similar results. It doesn't always do this, that is, some pdfs don't have this problem, but if i ask the printer driver to use truetype fonts only (no subst) it seems to do it every time. It appears that a "shifting" process is occurring: copy text: 5HVXOWV orig text: Results s->V 3 character shift (not counting that it's lower case to upper case) t->W 3 chars e->H 3 chars When the print driver uses "standard substitutions" like arial -> helvetica it copies fine. Any ideas? I dont think it's mozilla (which is the app i'm printing from) Thanks, Don ...

Help reading PDF to get text... #4
Hi, I need help with PDF::API2 or TEXT::PDF::* or any module which can b used to read pdf files. I have been trying to find any other thread which address this... but was unable to get a resolution. I have a bunch of pdf reports which I need to read through to find text string in any of the lines to read the report name. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.[COLOR=firebrick - tq_aud ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.codecomments.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

Image PDF to Searchable PDF
Hello, Is there any way to convert an image only PDF to a searchable PDF without going through a scanner? In other words, are there software that can do this task directly on the computer? Or, does using OCR software merely mean running the image PDF file through the software and produce a searchable PDF? What reliable softwares are available? Are there programs that run independently? That is, without needing full Acrobat or aome other adjunct software? Thanks, Guru gururajan20815@yahoo.com (Gururajan Ramachandran) wrote in message news:<f72691a.0311200601.27406ab7@posting.google.co...

Web resources about - Getting an expanded image to return - comp.text.pdf

Category:Articles to be expanded from October 2007 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Facebook Recruiting Solution Work4 Labs Debuts Expanded Suite, Free Version; Secures Funding
Facebook recruiting solution Work4 Labs Wednesday announced an expanded suite of social recruiting products, a free version of its product targeted ...

Expanded Capabilities for Lookalike Audiences
Advertisers can now create lookalikes based on people who visit their websites, use their mobile apps, or are connected to their Facebook Pages. ...

Facebook roundup: shares close at $19.05, Instagram deal progresses, Oregon data center to be expanded ...
Facebook shares sink further – Facebook shares closed at $19.05 today, dropping more than 4 percent as the lock-out period ended and large investors ...

Experience more with expanded Tweets
... expand Tweets containing links to partner websites, you can now see content previews, view images, play videos and more. You’ve probably expanded ...

Window expanded for stroke treatment - YouTube
A new study shows that treatment with potent clot-busting medication can benefit patients up to 4.5 hours after they experience their first stroke ...

Adnoc to start production from newly expanded Ruwais refinery
Once fully commissioned, the expanded refinery is expected to produce an additional 8 million tonnes a year of diesel and 4 million tonnes a ...

US secretly expanded warrantless NSA internet spying to find hackers, Snowden documents show
... computer hacking, documents shared by Edward Snowden show. Washington: Without public notice or debate, the Obama administration has expanded ...

Turnbull eyes expanded TPP pact
PM wants Indonesia and the Philippines included in the Pacific trade pact.

ASADA probe team expanded
The Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority's investigative team has expanded from six to 22, with 10 additional investigators joining a unit ...