Getting numbers only of the "accumulated" pages

Hello,
       I produce pdf presentations by LaTeX Beamer class. A slide
("frame" in Beamer's terminology) with step-wise uncovering of the
contents is implemented here as a series of pdf pages with incrementally
growing contents. Pages in the series have the same "soft" page number.
Open in AdobeReader, the title page shows 1(1/10), the next e.g.
2(2/10), next 2(3/10), next 2(4/10), then 3(5/10), then 3(6/10), then
4(7/10) etc.
Is it possible, in an automatic way, to get the "hard" numbers of all
the full-content pages (i.e. the last page of every series – pages 1,4,6
etc. from the above example)? I work in Linux.

Thanks in advance!

Tomáš

On Thursday, April 9, 2015 at 4:49:38 AM UTC-4, T.K. wrote:
> Hello,
>        I produce pdf presentations by LaTeX Beamer class. A slide
> ("frame" in Beamer's terminology) with step-wise uncovering of the
> contents is implemented here as a series of pdf pages with incrementally
> growing contents. Pages in the series have the same "soft" page number.
> Open in AdobeReader, the title page shows 1(1/10), the next e.g.
> 2(2/10), next 2(3/10), next 2(4/10), then 3(5/10), then 3(6/10), then
> 4(7/10) etc.
> Is it possible, in an automatic way, to get the "hard" numbers of all
> the full-content pages (i.e. the last page of every series =E2=80=93 page=
s 1,4,6
> etc. from the above example)? I work in Linux.
>=20
> Thanks in advance!
>=20
> Tom=C3=A1=C5=A1

The 3rd comment on the answer http://stackoverflow.com/a/12925195/864696
describes how to use pdftk to output page label information. That's a
starting point; from there you'd have to write a perl script or something
to deduce where page labels change.

Example output from a PDF I just hacked up to have repeating page labels:

InfoBegin
InfoKey: Creator
InfoValue: Adobe Acrobat 9.3
InfoBegin
InfoKey: Title
InfoValue: Pint Size: Simple Photo Book 2015
InfoBegin
InfoKey: Producer
InfoValue: Aleyant Systems via ABCpdf
InfoBegin
InfoKey: Subject
InfoValue: docid:407039 sessionid:e5ac35bf-0b8c-4814-87f4-6ff41251e275
InfoBegin
InfoKey: ModDate
InfoValue: D:20150409112634-04'00'
InfoBegin
InfoKey: CreationDate
InfoValue: D:20100220120559-05'00'
PdfID0: 07b093e7bfd346bdace3a8402081a927
PdfID1: 8b0ebe56e3853c4da98c9f2c32e44107
NumberOfPages: 8
BookmarkBegin
BookmarkTitle: LayoutFPO_1
BookmarkLevel: 1
BookmarkPageNumber: 1
BookmarkBegin
BookmarkTitle: LayoutFPO_2
BookmarkLevel: 1
BookmarkPageNumber: 2
PageMediaBegin
PageMediaNumber: 1
PageMediaRotation: 0
PageMediaRect: 0 0 873.12 432
PageMediaDimensions: 873.12 432
PageMediaBegin
PageMediaNumber: 2
PageMediaRotation: 0
PageMediaRect: 0 0 837.12 432
PageMediaDimensions: 837.12 432
PageMediaBegin
PageMediaNumber: 3
PageMediaRotation: 0
PageMediaRect: 0 0 837.12 432
PageMediaDimensions: 837.12 432
PageMediaBegin
PageMediaNumber: 4
PageMediaRotation: 0
PageMediaRect: 0 0 837.12 432
PageMediaDimensions: 837.12 432
PageMediaBegin
PageMediaNumber: 5
PageMediaRotation: 0
PageMediaRect: 0 0 837.12 432
PageMediaDimensions: 837.12 432
PageMediaBegin
PageMediaNumber: 6
PageMediaRotation: 0
PageMediaRect: 0 0 837.12 432
PageMediaDimensions: 837.12 432
PageMediaBegin
PageMediaNumber: 7
PageMediaRotation: 0
PageMediaRect: 0 0 837.12 432
PageMediaDimensions: 837.12 432
PageMediaBegin
PageMediaNumber: 8
PageMediaRotation: 0
PageMediaRect: 0 0 837.12 432
PageMediaDimensions: 837.12 432
PageLabelBegin
PageLabelNewIndex: 1
PageLabelStart: 1
PageLabelNumStyle: DecimalArabicNumerals
PageLabelBegin
PageLabelNewIndex: 3
PageLabelStart: 2
PageLabelNumStyle: DecimalArabicNumerals
PageLabelBegin
PageLabelNewIndex: 4
PageLabelStart: 2
PageLabelNumStyle: DecimalArabicNumerals
PageLabelBegin
PageLabelNewIndex: 6
PageLabelStart: 3
PageLabelNumStyle: DecimalArabicNumerals

0
rpresser
4/9/2015 3:32:35 PM
"T.K." wrote:
> Is it possible, in an automatic way, to get the "hard" numbers

As you're using Beamer, take a look at the handout mode. It only outputs
the last of all subframes.

Axel
0
Axel
4/9/2015 8:17:58 PM
On 9.4.2015 22:17, Axel Berger wrote:
> "T.K." wrote:
>> Is it possible, in an automatic way, to get the "hard" numbers
>
> As you're using Beamer, take a look at the handout mode. It only outputs
> the last of all subframes.
>
> Axel

Thank you very much for your answer. I know about the handout mode, but
my problem is different. During the preparation process, I am used to
print out a version in the <second> mode, containing the final frames
together with the notes (as the second screen located below the frame).
In the same way, I print a version containing, as the second screen, a
different language mutation. In these versions, the page LABEL grouping
does not correspond to the actual PAGE grouping (slides in frames), so I
need to make the beamer mode pdf (where both groupings are equal),
extract the numbers and, based on them, extract the desired pages from
the version to print.
It would be probably possible to set the overlay/mode specifications to
show only the last slide of each frame in the second mode, but then I
would miss the possibility to use the second screen as real second
screen during the lecture.

It was just to explain, do not waste your time with this any more, the
answer of rpresser seems to solve my problem.

Thanks
Tomáš
On 9.4.2015 17:32, rpresser wrote:
> On Thursday, April 9, 2015 at 4:49:38 AM UTC-4, T.K. wrote:
>> Hello,
>>        I produce pdf presentations by LaTeX Beamer class. A slide
>> ("frame" in Beamer's terminology) with step-wise uncovering of the
>> contents is implemented here as a series of pdf pages with incrementally
>> growing contents. Pages in the series have the same "soft" page number.
>> Open in AdobeReader, the title page shows 1(1/10), the next e.g.
>> 2(2/10), next 2(3/10), next 2(4/10), then 3(5/10), then 3(6/10), then
>> 4(7/10) etc.
>> Is it possible, in an automatic way, to get the "hard" numbers of all
>> the full-content pages (i.e. the last page of every series – pages 1,4,6
>> etc. from the above example)? I work in Linux.
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Tomáš
>
> The 3rd comment on the answer http://stackoverflow.com/a/12925195/864696
> describes how to use pdftk to output page label information. That's a
> starting point; from there you'd have to write a perl script or something
> to deduce where page labels change.
>
> Example output from a PDF I just hacked up to have repeating page labels:

Thanks a lot, it seems to solve my problem! I am going to write a
“program” to parse and save the numbers (bash+pdftk+sed).

How to get no page number on "Table of contents" page
How to get no page number on "Table of contens" page? Ted Johnson Am Wed, 15 Jul 2009 15:19:02 +0200 schrieb Ted Johnson: > How to get no page number on "Table of contens" page? http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=nopageno -- Ulrike Fischer Ted Johnson wrote: > How to get no page number on "Table of contens" page? > > Ted Johnson > depends on what class you are using, could you make a minimale example? should the number also be removed on the possible pages 2,3,... of the TOC? -- /daleif (remove RTFSIGNATURE from email ad...

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

How to understand that there are both "virtual ~Number();" and "Number::~Number()"?
Hi, When I read the example class, I feel puzzled about "Number::~Number()" after there is virtual ~Number(); I remember that the derived class of Number should have a real ~Number(); Now, class Number has both virtual and member function ~Number(). Can you help me on this question? Thanks for the expert keeping answer my questions. //////////////////////////// struct BaseConstructor { BaseConstructor(int=0) {} }; class RealNumber; class Complex; class Number; class Number { friend class RealNumber; friend class Compl...

What does r"""any text""" mean ?
.... as you can find in os.py at line 1 ? Regards Alexander Alexander Eisenhuth wrote: > ... as you can find in os.py at line 1 ? Please don't split your request between subject and body. String literals enclosed in triple quotes are multiline strings. String literals prefixed by "r" are raw strings. http://docs.python.org/ref/strings.html Regards, Bj�rn -- BOFH excuse #71: The file system is full of it Hi Alexander, Alexander Eisenhuth wrote: > ... as you can find in os.py at line 1 ? This is a raw string. Raw strings don't interpret the escape sequences...

Number" fields to "Text"
Hi All I have a question and I hope this is the place where I will get the answer. I need to read an excel file, that I can do by using the PROC IMPORT, later I need to convert all the 'Number" fields to "Text" in the data sets. Excel file may have one or more than one column. Excel file may have all the variable of numeric type or the text type or both. How to do that. Please help me. Thank You in advance Ricky Ricky: Let's first switch to SAS terms and concepts. Columns in a SAS dataset either have numeric typed data or character typed data. SAS does not support m...

"or" and "and"

"/a" is not "/a" ?

why "::", not "."

about "++" and "--"

"out" and "in out"

"my" and "our"

"If then; if then;" and "If then; if;"

Web resources about - Getting numbers only of the "accumulated" pages - comp.text.pdf