Has anyone tried PDF text to SVG text?

0
Dr

http://www.pdftron.com/pdf2svg/index.html

The pdfTron PDF2SVG converter enables users to publish PDF documents in SVG
(Scalable Vector Graphics), the open-standard W3C recommendation for
high-end graphics on the web. The flawless conversion process produces
compact SVG documents that can be viewed using freely available SVG viewers
and plugins.

"Dr Joolz" <jxm96c@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone tried PDF text to SVG text?

0
LV
2/28/2004 5:34:03 PM
pdf2vector is available in desktop, server and developer
configurations on Windows, Linux and UNIX platforms to batch convert
PDF to SVG (and a host of other file formats). Font text is also
supported (next to raster images and of course vector graphics) and
preserved. While SVG is not really designed to be a format for long
text documents, companies do use our software for things like forms
and database reports. Assuming you added the word 'text' to your
question for a reason.

More info at the URL below.

Jeroen Dekker
--
Square One - The Graphics Connection
Visit http://www.square1.nl/index.htm

"Dr Joolz" <jxm96c@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<c1oo74$kkv$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk>...
> Has anyone tried PDF text to SVG text?
0
jeroen
3/1/2004 10:11:47 AM
Thanks, but I was more meaning using the API to do that. I got text out ok
and positioning etc, but I have no idea how to embed font glyphs into SVG or
get Unicode characters out of the PDF and into the SVG... any help
appreciated..

Thanks, Jules

"Jeroen Dekker" <jeroen@square1.nl> wrote in message
> pdf2vector is available in desktop, server and developer
> configurations on Windows, Linux and UNIX platforms to batch convert
> PDF to SVG (and a host of other file formats). Font text is also
> supported (next to raster images and of course vector graphics) and
> preserved. While SVG is not really designed to be a format for long
> text documents, companies do use our software for things like forms
> and database reports. Assuming you added the word 'text' to your
> question for a reason.
>
> More info at the URL below.
>
> Jeroen Dekker
> --