Horizontal scroll in PDF?

I have programmed an application that makes simple text pdf files.
Sometimes
the source lines are very long, and that is how I leave them in the pdf.
Problem is
that Acrobat Reader does not put up a horizontal scroll bar as I would have
expected
to allow the user to see the whole line, it just cuts it off.  I know that
ctrl-4 will
reflow the text so that it is visible, but is there a way to force the
reader to allow
horizontal scrolling?  I would prefer to leave the source document the way
it was
originally.

-1
comaxis (18)
10/12/2007 4:59:07 PM
comp.text.pdf 5583 articles. 0 followers. ramon (1518) is leader. Post Follow

"Jeff McKay" <comaxis@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I have programmed an application that makes simple text pdf files.
>Sometimes
>the source lines are very long, and that is how I leave them in the pdf.
>Problem is
>that Acrobat Reader does not put up a horizontal scroll bar as I would have
>expected
>to allow the user to see the whole line, it just cuts it off.

Adobe Reader will happily provide a horizontal scroll bar to allow you
to go left and right in the page.

However, I suspect you are placing text outside the page. The page
size (media box) is rigorously enforced, there is no enlargement just
because elements happen to lie outside it.
Aandi Inston

quite
10/12/2007 5:27:01 PM
That sounds like a reasonable explanation.  So wouldn't the solution
be to increase the size of the media box?  I have tried expanding it
to several thousand units in both directions, and it has no effect on the
reader's behavior.  No scroll box.  If you would like take a look at
an example of a .pdf file with this problem, you can download test.pdf
at ftp.comaxis.com.

"Aandi Inston" <quite@dial.pipex.con> wrote in message
> "Jeff McKay" <comaxis@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>I have programmed an application that makes simple text pdf files.
>>Sometimes
>>the source lines are very long, and that is how I leave them in the pdf.
>>Problem is
>>that Acrobat Reader does not put up a horizontal scroll bar as I would
>>have
>>expected
>>to allow the user to see the whole line, it just cuts it off.
>
> Adobe Reader will happily provide a horizontal scroll bar to allow you
> to go left and right in the page.
>
> However, I suspect you are placing text outside the page. The page
> size (media box) is rigorously enforced, there is no enlargement just
> because elements happen to lie outside it.

-1
Jeff
10/12/2007 9:27:45 PM
"Jeff McKay" <comaxis@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:13gvpmm3kbhlh73@news.supernews.com...
> That sounds like a reasonable explanation.  So wouldn't the solution
> be to increase the size of the media box?  I have tried expanding it
> to several thousand units in both directions, and it has no effect on the
> reader's behavior.  No scroll box.  If you would like take a look at
> an example of a .pdf file with this problem, you can download test.pdf
> at ftp.comaxis.com.

PDF is case sensitive for its keywords. You need to capitalize the B in MediaBox.

0
Dan
10/12/2007 10:19:43 PM
Oh for cryin' out loud...  Thank you.

> PDF is case sensitive for its keywords. You need to capitalize the B in
> MediaBox.

0
Jeff

Is it possible to split the table so that the first colum always staty on screen and the rest of the table is horizontally scrollable?
Please help me with this. Is it possible to split the table so that the first colum always stay on screen and the rest of the table is horizontally scrollable? On 06-02-2005 12:25, Alexey Litvinuke wrote: > Please help me with this. > Is it possible to split the table so that the first colum always stay on > screen and the rest of the table is horizontally scrollable? > > Try this: <http://www.codeguru.com/java/articles/128.shtml>. Paul. Thanks! "Paul van Rossem" <paul@timeware.nl> wrote in message news:420609f3$0$28984$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.n...

How to restore the original image from horizontal tensile version?
I have a rotated image and I want to restore the original image, the rotated image is the horizontal tensile version of the original.(45dgre counterclockwise rotated) I do not want to use the "imtransform" function and I have to write the code using both bilinear and nearest neighbor. But i dont know how?! "sepideh tork" <robex.99@gmail.com> wrote in message <kflpfa$rka$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > I have a rotated image and I want to restore the original image, the rotated image is the horizontal tensile version of the original.(45dgre counterclockw...

Horizontal scrollbars
M-x toggle-horizontal-scroll-bar gives me: Horizontal scroll bars aren't implemented yet Will it ever be implemented or is it an insider joke? tia, -- Brian (remove the sport for mail) http://www.et.dtu.dk/staff/be Brian Elmegaard writes: > M-x toggle-horizontal-scroll-bar > Will it ever be implemented or is it an insider joke? Seems to be serious (!) : ,---- | (defun toggle-horizontal-scroll-bar (arg) | "Toggle whether or not the selected frame has horizontal scroll bars. | With arg, turn horizontal scroll bars on if and only if arg is positive. | Horizontal scroll bar...

Linking in an horizontally scrolling web page
I am attempting to create <A HREF> links to <A NAME> targets in a series of extremely wide web pages composed of tables with text and images sitting side by side. This is a failure since both Netscape and Explorer seem to assume that <A NAME> anchors target part of a vertical web page, where all that is needed is for the window to advance to the first character or whitespace after the target. In a horizontal page, this means that each link moves the window horizontally just enough to expose the beginning of the area I'm trying to target, leaving the rest ...

problem with menu only when page is scrolled down??
Hi all, I am using an open source menu that i found and it works great, except for one thing that when the web page is not scrolled to the very top the drop down links will not stay visible. Has anyone else had this sort of problem with javascript? and any ideas how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.. I have included a copy of the code below, thanks. /** * Don't change or remove the head comments! * * DHTML hierarchical, object oriented menu: VB MENU 1.5 * Copyright (C) 2003-2004 Vladimir Bodurov * * Version 1.5 2004-03-06 * * This library is free software; you can redistribute...

sending PDF files via print dialogue
Morning. On my machine Entourage is the default email application. And it works fine. But not when I try to send a PDF file via the print dialogue MacOS X opens Mail.app but not Entourage. (Where) can I define that MacOS X opens via print dialogue the default email application but not Mail.app. TIA and kind regards, Friedrich In article <1172071110.790996.61880@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, Friedrich Vosberg <post@vatolin.de> wrote: > Morning. > > On my machine Entourage is the default email application. And it works > fine. But not when I try to send a PDF file ...

How to print a PDF file.
Hi, In the near future a customer of mine wants to use PageScript32 to create a PDF file. Now I'm looking for an elegant way to print that file to the default printer. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Gerard Dear Gerard: "Gerard" <codgy63@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:frvojc$uhr$1@aioe.org... > Hi, > > In the near future a customer of mine wants to use > PageScript32 to create a PDF file. Now I'm looking > for an elegant way to print that file to the default > printer. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Use O...

Display PDF
I have to display pdf file in my application(which is to be used in mac and pc) .I am searching any plugin,class,function any to do it. Do you have any idea to do it. Please help with thanks XDFAS XD FAS <eyabber@gmail.com> wrote: > I have to display pdf file in my application(which is to be used in > mac and pc) .I am searching any plugin,class,function any to do it. > Do you have any idea to do it. Please help I have plugins for Mac. For Windows, well, you can use the HTMLViewer of course with a PDF plugin for Internet Explorer. Gru´┐Ż Christian -- O...

How to move the horizontal Toolbar to the vertical toolbar using drag-drop
------=_Part_25242_19540426.1208173791902 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline How to move the horizontal Toolbar to the vertical toolbar using drag-drop ------=_Part_25242_19540426.1208173791902 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline How to move the horizontal Toolbar to the vertical toolbar using drag-drop<br><br> ------=_Part_25242_19540426.1208173791902-- ...

HELP ME IN FINDING PDF BOOK!!
Hi friends! I am SAS student; I want to try and practice all the SAS programs. So that I can get good hand on this tool. But the problem is that SAS books are very expensive for me, and I can't afford that. Please help me! If you know any website where I can get the free SAS E-books. Then let me know, so that I will download them. I hope some one from you guys may know that.... Vickey Hi Vickey - from a past thread...(I just added the v91 doc location)...there's more if you look at the thread. Subject: SAS Internet Resources: Tutorials, Papers, Groups, Downloads, etc . Newsgroups...

Printing to console, no scroll
Hi, How can I print to the console without having it scrolling to a new line for each print statement? I want to print a count down in the console, but for each count it scrolls the screen (of course). Is there another way? Here is the simple script for now print "Closing window in :" for second in range(10): time.sleep(1) print `10-second` +" seconds" thanks /totte "Totte Karlsson" <mtk@qm.com> writes: > Hi, > How can I print to the console without having it scrolling to a new line for > each print statement? > I want to print...

Emacs AUCTeX redirects LaTeX errors to supp-pdf.mkii
I have a problem in Emacs (using AUCTeX): when I use [CTRL-c `] to go to an error that occurred in the compilation of a LaTeX document, it takes me to supp-pdf.mkii. I seem to remember having previously solved this problem on another system - I just don't remember how. I think it was something about changing LaTeX' error output style, but I don't remember if it was a matter of reconfiguring LaTeX, or AUCTeX to parse it differently, or where the setting is located. I use Emacs as supplied by Ubuntu 9.04 and TexLive 2009. Does this ring a bell anywhere? Best regards, ...

Open pdf
I'm searching for a software for Linux for read PDF documents. I'd like to be able to do the follow things: - open a pdf directly from command line using fullscreen features - move between previous and next pages using keyboard - keeping press the next or previous button the page must slide faster - back to the index using keyboard In your opinion what kind of software could I use? Thanks to all Maurizio Hi, There are a number of potential solutions, go to www.pdfzone.com and check the buyer's guide. It's searchable by subject and application so it should be easy to re...

REQ HELP: Batch Print Multiple Reports to Pdf file(s)
Hi, I have 30 separate Access reports to print to pdf files. Presently, I print these reports to Acrobat pdf files one report at a time. I am looking for some help, or a program or add-in to batch print these multiple reports to one or to separate pdf files. I have no knowledge of Access modules, coding or visual basic, etc. Will someone please help me? Thanks, MHenry Check out Steve Arbaugh's site. He writes this kind of stuff. Of course you'll have to pay for it, but it sure beats writing your own! http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/attac-cg/acgsoft.htm I did exchan...

How to draw horizontal rule that's invisible along part of its length
Hi I am trying to draw a horizontal rule in LaTeX that would have the total width equal to textwidth. No problem here BUT I would like it to be invisible along part of its length. What I am trying to do is put a .pdf image on the rule and would like to have rule not touch the .pdf image on either side (i.e., create some blank space on both sides of the image). I have not tried any practical solution to this problem but have toyed with the idea that perhaps it might be possible with some option(s) of graphicx package that I am using. This rule will be in the header area of the first page of ...

iBook forgets that mouse has a scroll wheel
I have a scroll mouse (HP, which I think is in reality some old Logictech) connected to my iBook running Tiger. It works fine without any special drivers or anything. The problem is that if I unplug it (to go mobile), it doesn't entirely work when I come back home. Cursor and clicking works, but not the scroll wheel. It forgets there's a scroll wheel. It only works right if I restart the iBook while the device is plugged in. A factor that may be involved is that I am going through a Hawking PS2 KVM switch. The mouse is a PS2 mouse; I have a PS2->USB connector from the KVM in...

Overlapping divs, scrolling and fragment anchors
I'm looking for some advice here. Using a browser that supports fixed positioning (not IE), take a look at: http://tranchant.plus.com/guitar/chord-tutorial/ The page consists of a fixed header and menu, with scrolling content. The content goes under the header - in Firefox/Mozilla, and allegedly Safari, you can see this due to the slight transparency of the header. I've assigned an appropriate (50px) margin-top to the content so that it starts below the header when the page is loaded. OK, now click on the "Chords on the guitar" link in the Contents list. ...

Removing horizontal line in Reply?
Anyone know how to remove that horizontal line in an email reply? I can click on it and hit the TT button, but its a pain for every single email. Also, with the new 7.0.1 release, deleting it is even more painful as you have to click *exactly* on it to remove it. Thanks, Frank G. Frank D. Greco <fgreco@removecrossroadstechnospam-foobar.com> wrote: > Anyone know how to remove that horizontal line in an email reply? I can click > on it and hit the TT button, but its a pain for every single email. You're talking about the sig separator? Why do you want to remov...

Infoprint Server or move PDF's from IFS to OUTQ (requeue)
hello! i have a question dealing with the Infoprint Server from IBM on an AS400. A thirdparty application creates pdf files and stores them on our IFS on the AS400. is there a way with Infoprint Server to move file from the IFS to an OUTQ? i read that IBM Redpaper about the Inforprint Server. "Re-queue print files or segments as PDF for printing" is mentioned in this book, but i cant figure out how to solve my problem to Re-queue PDF's from the IFS to an Printer OUTQ. Is there a possibility to do this? Do i need the Infoprint Server for this, or can i solve this problem other...

add text anntation into PDF
Hi I have PDF file and acrobat 4.0. I need to add text annotation into the file (on the fix place), but programmably, it means by visual basic (which is called inside the Excel). Can somebody help me, the best is to show me the part of the code. I'm familiar with VB, but not with Acrobat functions....I appreciate any help. Thanks Jiri Vecerka ...

Scroll Bar Align #2
Repost: Using Access 2010. When I set the Control Bar Align property to 'Left' for a List Box using the Property Sheet, nothing happens. The scroll bar continues to display to the right side of the List Box. I've also tried VBA (Me!lstControl.ScrollbarAlign = 2) with no effect. I'm obviously missing something, but what? -- Bob Darlington Brisbane ...

Simple question (?) -- how to stop the inbox scrolling?
User (POP setup) returns from a week's vacation. Logs into Eudora and downloads the hundreds of messages she's received. User starts reading at the top of the "unread" pile, but when new mail arrives (it's set to auto-check for new mail every 10 minutes), the "inbox" scrolls down as the program appends the new mail to the "In" mailbox. User then loses her place where she was looking at the old mail and has to "scroll back up" to find where she left off. Is there a way to force Eudora to retain the view of the "in"...

Disabling scrolling through scroll wheel
Hello All: I would like to disable scrolling through records by using a scroll wheel on a mouse. Is this possible? I could not find a reference to this in the help files. Thanks, Sam You would probably have more luck doing this through the windows driver for the mouse under control panel. In article <1131673707.062291.239420@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, "SamMc" <FMP_account@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hello All: > > I would like to disable scrolling through records by using a scroll > wheel on a mouse. > > Is this possible? > > I could not...

horizontal scrolling
Do we have to do horizontal scrolling the browser to read some posts? ......test for system wrapping function.....................fox jumped over the lazy dog.fox jumped over the lazy dog.fox jumped over the lazy dog.fox jumped over the lazy dog.fox jumped over the lazy dogfox jumped over the lazy dogfox jumped over the lazy dog. ...

Joining PDF Files with Ghostscript
I am trying use gsWin32.exe to combine sets of dynamically generated lists of PDF files to merge into a single PDF file. I'm creating the list to combine using a VB6 program and the problem is the PDF files may have imbedded blanks in the file name along with each directory could also include blanks in the name. The code works fine if there are no blanks in either the file name or the directory name but unfortuniately this is not the case. Is gsWin32.exe supposed to handle imbedded blanks? I've surrounded the entire path and file name with quotes with a space between each f...