Horizontal scroll in PDF?

I have programmed an application that makes simple text pdf files.
Sometimes
the source lines are very long, and that is how I leave them in the pdf.
Problem is
that Acrobat Reader does not put up a horizontal scroll bar as I would have
expected
to allow the user to see the whole line, it just cuts it off.  I know that
ctrl-4 will
reflow the text so that it is visible, but is there a way to force the
reader to allow
horizontal scrolling?  I would prefer to leave the source document the way
it was
originally.

-1
comaxis (18)

"Jeff McKay" <comaxis@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I have programmed an application that makes simple text pdf files.
>Sometimes
>the source lines are very long, and that is how I leave them in the pdf.
>Problem is
>that Acrobat Reader does not put up a horizontal scroll bar as I would have
>expected
>to allow the user to see the whole line, it just cuts it off.

Adobe Reader will happily provide a horizontal scroll bar to allow you
to go left and right in the page.

However, I suspect you are placing text outside the page. The page
size (media box) is rigorously enforced, there is no enlargement just
because elements happen to lie outside it.
Aandi Inston

quite
10/12/2007 5:27:01 PM
That sounds like a reasonable explanation.  So wouldn't the solution
be to increase the size of the media box?  I have tried expanding it
to several thousand units in both directions, and it has no effect on the
reader's behavior.  No scroll box.  If you would like take a look at
an example of a .pdf file with this problem, you can download test.pdf
at ftp.comaxis.com.

"Aandi Inston" <quite@dial.pipex.con> wrote in message
> "Jeff McKay" <comaxis@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>I have programmed an application that makes simple text pdf files.
>>Sometimes
>>the source lines are very long, and that is how I leave them in the pdf.
>>Problem is
>>that Acrobat Reader does not put up a horizontal scroll bar as I would
>>have
>>expected
>>to allow the user to see the whole line, it just cuts it off.
>
> Adobe Reader will happily provide a horizontal scroll bar to allow you
> to go left and right in the page.
>
> However, I suspect you are placing text outside the page. The page
> size (media box) is rigorously enforced, there is no enlargement just
> because elements happen to lie outside it.

-1
Jeff
10/12/2007 9:27:45 PM
"Jeff McKay" <comaxis@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:13gvpmm3kbhlh73@news.supernews.com...
> That sounds like a reasonable explanation.  So wouldn't the solution
> be to increase the size of the media box?  I have tried expanding it
> to several thousand units in both directions, and it has no effect on the
> reader's behavior.  No scroll box.  If you would like take a look at
> an example of a .pdf file with this problem, you can download test.pdf
> at ftp.comaxis.com.

PDF is case sensitive for its keywords. You need to capitalize the B in MediaBox.

0
Dan
10/12/2007 10:19:43 PM
Oh for cryin' out loud...  Thank you.

> PDF is case sensitive for its keywords. You need to capitalize the B in
> MediaBox.

0
Jeff

PDF PDF PDF
For anyone struggling to figure out how to create a PDF in SWX it's pretty simple but you may have to have the Bluebeam version of swx FIRST go to Tools>Options and check "Save as PDF" Then you can save them right from the save as dialog. Maybe I'm the only dumbass that could't figure that out! ;0) But it was in help under "PDF" An easier way is to download a program from www.pdf995.com that "prints" you files to a PDF foramat. This program works with SW and any other program you use to print with. "3d" <jmiller at marvelindustri...

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)

PDF TO PDF/A
Hello, is it possible to convert a PDF file to PDFA file ? i tried the -dPDFA option and i vefy my pdf file with PDF longlife. I have an error. Thanks for help. ...

ANN: Fly Text to PDF

Convert PDF image to PDF text
Hi, I have a PDF file with image text documents. hence I can't search the text. How can I convert it to searchable PDF file? Thanx You will have to scan it using an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) application and then create a PDF file. -- Don Vancouver, USA <WhiteLen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193737890.691267.165820@z9g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have a PDF file with image text documents. hence I can't search the > text. How can I convert it to searchable PDF file? > > Thanx > Any recommendation for OCR application? ...

Postscript to PDF with pdf-tools, pdf-writer, or other
Does anyone have a way to convert Postscript to PDF using pdf-tools, pdf-writer, or other method? Any suggestions? On 14/04/2008, Sean Nakasone <seannakasone@yahoo.com> wrote: > Does anyone have a way to convert Postscript to PDF using pdf-tools, > pdf-writer, or other method? Any suggestions? ps2pdf is standard on any install of Ghostscript, at least on most flavours of Linux/BSD Farrel ...

convert PDF images to PDF text (OCR)
Hi, I have a book which was entirely scanned into a PDF, there are approximately 300 pages. The problem is that each page is an image of the paper page, not selectable text. How can I convert this PDF made of images to a text-selectable PDF? Or directly convert it to Word? I suppose I'll need some form of OCR. Thanks in advance, Raphael Yes, since you have an image, you need to OCR it into data. You will not have much luck with any formating info, but most OCR programs today to a pretty good job if the image is fairly clean . Larry T. larrynospam@nospamjbmsystems.com wrote in message...

scanned image pdf to searchable text pdf
We have a lot of pdf files that are just scanned images of documents. How easy is it to change these into pdf's that we can search for specific words. I believe Adobe Acrobat Capture will do this when the document is originally scanned, but can it use pdf's that have already been created. If it can, can this process be automated to convert 100s of pdf files? Are there other alternatives to Adobe Acrobat Capture as it is not cheap for a large number of documents? I am new to this, so please keep it simple. Thanks for any help. Adrian HI, As you indicated, your pdf's are ...

Embedding PDF into PDF ?
I have read from websearching that it is possible to embed a smaller PDF into a main PDF, but cannot find out how this is done. Would I have to open the PDF as a text file and have my program locate a certain PDF command, then literally just stream the raw smaller PDF into it ? Any links or info would be very much aprpeciated Thanks Paul On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Paul Champan wrote: > I have read from websearching that it is possible to embed a smaller PDF > into a main PDF, but cannot find out how this is done. Do you want to merge 2 pdf files or "place" pdf files into a ...

pdf to dvi to pdf?
I need help with what seems to be a simple problem. I have a collection of pdf manuscript to submitt to a on-demand publisher. They want them to be: (1)6in x 9in with 1/2in margins allound (2) and embedded fonts. The problem is there are: (1) 8.5in x 11in with 1in margins (2) and the fonts aren't embedded. Perl pdf mod is one possibility, what would be involved with doing this with LaTex? I wanting to stay with open source solutions(Linux). TIA, David editor@deepmeanings.com (David Jackon) schrieb: > I need help with what seems to be a simple problem. > I have a collection of ...

PDF::API2
Hello All, I am new to PDF files so I don't really know if what I want to do is possible and how to use the PDF::API2 modules. I need to extract information from columns in a table ( I assume that PDF does not know anything about tables). What I was thinking of doing was finding the horizontal location of the header (I know what it should be), then extract all text that starts at that location. I have played around with the PDF::API2 module and read the 'Using PDF::API2 - The code' help page, however it doesn't show me how to extract information from an exi...

PDF TO PDF MULTIPAGES
Hello, (gs 8.54 -Windows XP) i try this to convert a pdf file to one pdf file per page: gs.exe -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -o c:\fic-%d.pdf -q c:\colle.pdf It doesn't work. Is works with jpeg files: gs.exe -sDEVICE=jpeg -o c:\fic-%d.jpg -q c:\colle.pdf Thanks for Help. Christophe BADET Christophe BADET wrote: > Hello, > > (gs 8.54 -Windows XP) > i try this to convert a pdf file to one pdf file per page: > > gs.exe -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -o c:\fic-%d.pdf -q c:\colle.pdf > It doesn't work. > Is works with jpeg files: > gs.exe -sDEVICE=jpeg -o c:\fic-%d.jpg -q c:\colle....

PDF::Writer, create pdf and insert in other pdf file.
Hi folks(wharever it mean my english is so bad...) the following code create a PDF: #!/usr/bin/ruby require 'pdf/writer' pdf = PDF::Writer.new pdf.text "Hello Matz", :font_size => 22 pdf.save_as "novo.pdf" ######################################## now I wanna save this pdf as a last page of a existing pdf. any tips? -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Ricardo Pog <ricardo85x@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi folks(wharever it mean my english is so bad...) > > > the following code create a PDF: > >...

4x PDF Help
Hi Everyone -- we've launched a new question and answer site for all PDF questions. It's based on the highly popular technology platform used by StackOverflow.com, and provides a great environment for getting your questions answered and answering other people's questions. Check it out --> http://help.4xpdf.com/ Cheers, - Rowan. ...

Web resources about - Horizontal scroll in PDF? - comp.text.pdf

Horizontal branch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The horizontal branch ( HB ) is a stage of stellar evolution that immediately follows the red giant branch in stars whose masses are similar ...

Facebook tests new sidebar ad format with horizontal image above body copy
Facebook is testing a new format for marketplace ads in the right hand column of its desktop site. The new design gives ads an image that stretches ...

#TheRallyTakeover - We control the horizontal. We control the vertical
We control the horizontal. We control the vertical

Horizon - Shoot & share horizontal videos on the App Store on iTunes
Get Horizon - Shoot & share horizontal videos on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Horizontal Bar Gymnast Robot HIGHLIGHT 2 - YouTube
Horizontal Bar Gymnast Robot HIGHLIGHT 2 鉄棒ロボット総集編2

Emily VanCamp's Elle Canada Cover Makes A Case For Horizontal Stripes
It's often said that horizontal stripes are unforgiving but Emily VanCamp is making us change our minds. The "Revenge" star covers the April ...

TwelveSouth announces BookArc for Mac Pro, a chrome-plated horizontal desktop stand
... the Mac Pro. Much like its BookArc products for MacBooks and iPads, the BookArc acts as a desktop stand that allows the Mac Pro to lay horizontally ...

Romney’s horizontal fibbing on oil drilling
Yet another last-minute lie from Mitt Romeny, this time about the supposed panacea of horizontal drilling. .

Apple's iOS 8 May Feature Split-Screen, Horizontal Multitasking On iPad
Apple is expected to announce iOS 8 at next months Worldwide Developers Conference.