How do I view/print PDF files on SCO Unixware

We have SCO Unixware 7.1.3 running on Pentium 4. Looks like Adobe
Acrobat Reader isn't available for Unixware ! Am I right? If it is
available, I am unable to find the download page. Can you please point
me to the Adobe Reader download/install page? The only compatible
platforms I see are HPUX, AIX, Linux, Solaris, Mac and ofcourse
Windows.

If not Adobe Acrobat Reader, is there any other utility that I can use
on SCO Unixware to view/print PDF files?

Thanks
Shashi
0
provo1234 (13)

Shashi <provo1234@hotmail.com> wrote:
> We have SCO Unixware 7.1.3 running on Pentium 4. Looks like Adobe
> Acrobat Reader isn't available for Unixware ! Am I right? If it is
> available, I am unable to find the download page. Can you please point
> me to the Adobe Reader download/install page? The only compatible
> platforms I see are HPUX, AIX, Linux, Solaris, Mac and ofcourse
> Windows.

> If not Adobe Acrobat Reader, is there any other utility that I can use
> on SCO Unixware to view/print PDF files?

xpdf can do this.
Maybe there is an older Version of Acroread available for SCO (e.g. 3.0).
Bye,
 Christopher

--
Christopher Intemann
	mail:inte@goe.net             		 .~.

0
Christopher
1/27/2004 6:01:58 PM
provo1234@hotmail.com (Shashi) wrote:

>If not Adobe Acrobat Reader, is there any other utility that I can use
>on SCO Unixware to view/print PDF files?

GhostScript.
xpdf.
Aandi Inston  quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com

quite
1/27/2004 6:32:31 PM
Thanks Aandi,

I have already tried GhostScript. I am having problems with fonts. I
have installed the latest available fonts with Ghostscript but it did
not help either. I am just lost!

Any suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks again
Shashi

quite@dial.pipex.con (Aandi Inston) wrote in message news:<4016aeb4.897054936@reading.news.pipex.net>...
> provo1234@hotmail.com (Shashi) wrote:
>
> >If not Adobe Acrobat Reader, is there any other utility that I can use
> >on SCO Unixware to view/print PDF files?
>
> GhostScript.
> xpdf.
> Aandi Inston  quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com
> Please support usenet! Post replies and follow-ups, don't e-mail them.
0
provo1234
1/27/2004 9:58:19 PM
Thanks Aandi,

I treid "pdf2ps" command which comes witgh Ghostscript without luck. I
am having some problems with fonts. It gives out a bunch of errors
regarding the fonts inspite of installing all the latest available
fonts with Ghostscript.

Will try xpdf soon. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks
Shashi

quite@dial.pipex.con (Aandi Inston) wrote in message news:<4016aeb4.897054936@reading.news.pipex.net>...
> provo1234@hotmail.com (Shashi) wrote:
>
> >If not Adobe Acrobat Reader, is there any other utility that I can use
> >on SCO Unixware to view/print PDF files?
>
> GhostScript.
> xpdf.
> Aandi Inston  quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com
> Please support usenet! Post replies and follow-ups, don't e-mail them.
0
provo1234
1/27/2004 10:05:18 PM
provo1234@hotmail.com (Shashi) wrote:

>Thanks Aandi,
>
>I have already tried GhostScript. I am having problems with fonts. I
>have installed the latest available fonts with Ghostscript but it did
>not help either. I am just lost!
>
>Any suggestions are very welcome.

I suggest you post specific problems.  You are likely to have to
persist with GhostScript and get it working, so describe exactly what
packages you have installed and how you have set it up. Describe your
problems in details - error messages and symptoms in full. All details
are important.  If you can't remember, delete it and start again so
the environment is controlled. There are many GhostScript users here
who can probably help (though not me).

Aandi Inston  quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com

quite
Shashi <provo1234@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Aandi,

> I treid "pdf2ps" command which comes witgh Ghostscript without luck. I
> am having some problems with fonts. It gives out a bunch of errors
> regarding the fonts inspite of installing all the latest available
> fonts with Ghostscript.
Maybe you should download and install the fonts, or, if you already did,
take care if they are available.
Are they available with xfontsel?

> Will try xpdf soon. Do you have any other suggestions?

Just for interest, is there *any* good reason for using SCO Unixware?
Regards,
 Christopher

--
Christopher Intemann