How do I view/print PDF files on SCO Unixware

We have SCO Unixware 7.1.3 running on Pentium 4. Looks like Adobe
Acrobat Reader isn't available for Unixware ! Am I right? If it is
available, I am unable to find the download page. Can you please point
me to the Adobe Reader download/install page? The only compatible
platforms I see are HPUX, AIX, Linux, Solaris, Mac and ofcourse
Windows.

If not Adobe Acrobat Reader, is there any other utility that I can use
on SCO Unixware to view/print PDF files?

Thanks
Shashi
0
provo1234 (13)
1/27/2004 5:39:18 PM
comp.text.pdf 5583 articles. 0 followers. ramon (1518) is leader. Post Follow

Shashi <provo1234@hotmail.com> wrote:
> We have SCO Unixware 7.1.3 running on Pentium 4. Looks like Adobe
> Acrobat Reader isn't available for Unixware ! Am I right? If it is
> available, I am unable to find the download page. Can you please point
> me to the Adobe Reader download/install page? The only compatible
> platforms I see are HPUX, AIX, Linux, Solaris, Mac and ofcourse
> Windows.

> If not Adobe Acrobat Reader, is there any other utility that I can use
> on SCO Unixware to view/print PDF files?

xpdf can do this.
Maybe there is an older Version of Acroread available for SCO (e.g. 3.0).
Bye,
 Christopher

--
Christopher Intemann
	mail:inte@goe.net             		 .~.

0
Christopher
1/27/2004 6:01:58 PM
provo1234@hotmail.com (Shashi) wrote:

>If not Adobe Acrobat Reader, is there any other utility that I can use
>on SCO Unixware to view/print PDF files?

GhostScript.
xpdf.
Aandi Inston  quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com

quite
1/27/2004 6:32:31 PM
Thanks Aandi,

I have already tried GhostScript. I am having problems with fonts. I
have installed the latest available fonts with Ghostscript but it did
not help either. I am just lost!

Any suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks again
Shashi

quite@dial.pipex.con (Aandi Inston) wrote in message news:<4016aeb4.897054936@reading.news.pipex.net>...
> provo1234@hotmail.com (Shashi) wrote:
>
> >If not Adobe Acrobat Reader, is there any other utility that I can use
> >on SCO Unixware to view/print PDF files?
>
> GhostScript.
> xpdf.
> Aandi Inston  quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com
> Please support usenet! Post replies and follow-ups, don't e-mail them.
0
provo1234
1/27/2004 9:58:19 PM
Thanks Aandi,

I treid "pdf2ps" command which comes witgh Ghostscript without luck. I
am having some problems with fonts. It gives out a bunch of errors
regarding the fonts inspite of installing all the latest available
fonts with Ghostscript.

Will try xpdf soon. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks
Shashi

quite@dial.pipex.con (Aandi Inston) wrote in message news:<4016aeb4.897054936@reading.news.pipex.net>...
> provo1234@hotmail.com (Shashi) wrote:
>
> >If not Adobe Acrobat Reader, is there any other utility that I can use
> >on SCO Unixware to view/print PDF files?
>
> GhostScript.
> xpdf.
> Aandi Inston  quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com
> Please support usenet! Post replies and follow-ups, don't e-mail them.
0
provo1234
1/27/2004 10:05:18 PM
provo1234@hotmail.com (Shashi) wrote:

>Thanks Aandi,
>
>I have already tried GhostScript. I am having problems with fonts. I
>have installed the latest available fonts with Ghostscript but it did
>not help either. I am just lost!
>
>Any suggestions are very welcome.

I suggest you post specific problems.  You are likely to have to
persist with GhostScript and get it working, so describe exactly what
packages you have installed and how you have set it up. Describe your
problems in details - error messages and symptoms in full. All details
are important.  If you can't remember, delete it and start again so
the environment is controlled. There are many GhostScript users here
who can probably help (though not me).

Aandi Inston  quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com

quite
Shashi <provo1234@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Aandi,

> I treid "pdf2ps" command which comes witgh Ghostscript without luck. I
> am having some problems with fonts. It gives out a bunch of errors
> regarding the fonts inspite of installing all the latest available
> fonts with Ghostscript.
Maybe you should download and install the fonts, or, if you already did,
take care if they are available.
Are they available with xfontsel?

> Will try xpdf soon. Do you have any other suggestions?

Just for interest, is there *any* good reason for using SCO Unixware?
Regards,
 Christopher

--
Christopher Intemann
	mail:inte@goe.net             		 .~.
PGP-Public-Key:                        	        ^^ ^^
	 http://www.math.uni-goettingen.de/intemann/pgp

0
Christopher

What happened to the ability to set a default file type when saving?
In v.7 you could set PSP to remember the last file type you saved and offer this as the default for the next save. I can't find this in 8.1. The help file says: "You can have Paint Shop Pro display the last used file type when opening this dialog. Select this option in the Dialogs and Palettes Preferences tab of the General Program Preferences dialog." However, the "Dialogs and Palettes Preferences" tab doesn't seem to exist any more. Did JASC just forget this very useful facility? It's really annoying having to specify a file type for every save operation. ...

Printing embedded view #2
Hi, I embedded the view on a form and use a single category formula. Then I open a document which shows some documents in the embedded view. If I try to print embedded view only the rows visible on the form are being printed. The problem is that I want to print whole view. Can you tell me if it's possible? Great thx for your help. Linda ...

file system full
Hi, we use a Sun Blade 100 with a fresh Solaris 8 installation. The system has a 80 GB IDE Harddisk. We tried to unzip a huge zipfile in a subdirectory of /opt, but Solaris said "sun ufs: NOTICE: alloc /: file system full". After a short look we recognized that there is a directory named "/home/export" which "has" the most of the free dask space. How can we "give" this space to the root directory? Greetings Benjamin -- Wenn Du den Esel des, der Dich ha�t, siehst unter seiner Last liegen, h�te Dich, und la� ihn nicht, sondern vers�ume gern das De...

SQL norm views to describes tables (and probably some other things) of a database ?
Hello, I know that the SQL norm contains some views to describes the tables (and probably some other things) of a database. Does PostgreSQL implement theses views (from which version number) ? I don't find anything in the documentation about that. Thanks in advance ! --------------------------------------- Bruno BAGUETTE - pgsql-ml@baguette.net ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 5: Have you checked our extensive FAQ? http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs/FAQ.html Bruno BAGUETTE wrote: > Hello, > ...

FTP large number of files
I am trying to upload a large number of HTML and GIF files to a web server using FTP. The code below was suggested by SAS. The problem is that the code does not produce consistent results -- that is, not all files from the local directory are transferred, and each time I run the code, different files from the local directory are sent to the host. I suspect there may be a problem with the lrecl statements (?). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- /* SEND CC output to web site */ %let ftpcmds=S:\ftp.cmds...

Q: Latex special to make pdf text unextractable
Can somebody advise on how to block text extraction from pdf's generated through latex -> dvips -> ps2pdf (a \special probably)? VK Among other things, VK@club.org saw fit to write: > Can somebody advise on how to block text extraction from pdf's generated > through latex -> dvips -> ps2pdf (a \special probably)? I don't know, but you could try using an external app *after* generating the pdf, something like pdftk: http://www.accesspdf.com/pdftk/ -- Ignacio __ Fern�ndez Galv�n / /\ Linux user / / \ #289967 / / /\ \ PGP Pub Key /...

CSplitterWnd-switching from two colums to one and back with different Views
Hello dear newsgroup, I�m doing my diploma thesis in programming an (MDI)Doc/View-app with the MFC-Framework. It�s not important for my question what I�m doing exactly. I have visualized two seperate views of the same data in a CSplitterWnd. My problem is, that I want to switch the visualization of my data (all in one Document-Class) from two views to one, i.e. to eliminate/disconnect one of my two views that are displayed in the Splitter and have only one view displayed in the whole Splitter-Window, and back. This means, that I�ve to change the Layout of the Splitter-Window ...

Retrieve Spool File's Attribute into Excel Columns
It is possible to retrieve spool file's attribute(e.g. Spooled File, Job Name, User and Number) to Excel and allocate them in respective column. My problem is I want to build a spool file retrieval tool like "iSeries Navigator - Printer Output" does, to allow user drag and drop the spool file and able to save as PDF, but I couldn't get the spool file's attribute. I've try CPYSPLF to a file but the data chunk into one column instead. anyone? > It is possible to retrieve spool file's attribute(e.g. Spooled File, > Job Name, User and Number) to Excel and al...

Limit user to only print one copy of a generated PDF file?
This forum looks like it might have the knowledge I need. If not, and there's a more likely place, I'd be grateful for any pointers. Briefly, here's what we want to do: 1. We have PDF files that are generated by our Java server-side app through a servlet. 2. once the PDF is generated, we forward the user's browser to the URL of the PDF, so the user can view it and print it. So far, so good; this all works well, no problems. 3. But we just got handed a requirement to only allow the user to print ONE COPY of this generated PDF. So: 4. Is there some programmatic way to let the...

Cannot compile some views...
Hi, I have some views in a schema which I can't compile from user system these views have select ... from select ... but I can compile from the owner. So these views are not automatically compiled when used. For others views I can compile from system. Any clues ? is it a bug or a feature ? Oracle 8.1.7.0 On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 17:22:33 +0200, "astalavista" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have some views in a schema which I can't compile from user system >these views have select ... from select ... >but I can compile from the owner. So why don&...

proper aperture for "normal" looking views
What aperture values should one use to achieve a "normal" looking view (as opposed to a "wide angle" or "telephoto" look). I've been using 50 to 55 degrees and now think my scenes look a little on the "wide angle" side of normal. Any input or advice will be appreciated. glenn -- Glenn Forney National Institute of Standards and Technology 100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8663 Gaithersburg MD 20899-8663 Telephone: (301) 975 2313 FAX: (301) 975 4052 ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeed...

Remote viewing software
I've got a small network at home to share our adsl internet connection. The server doesn't have a monitor - it's just what i plug the adsl modem into. Is there any freeware software to see/control what's going on on the server via my pc? Thanks, Dan. Dan wrote: > I've got a small network at home to share our adsl internet connection. > The server doesn't have a monitor - it's just what i plug the adsl modem > into. Is there any freeware software to see/control what's going on on the > server via my pc? > > Thanks, > Dan. Try search...

Problems descodifying PCL4 files
I am working descodifying PCL4 files (*.SFP). I have found some "FONT DOWNLOADING"(byte's definition). <http://itsa.ucsf.edu/~rpb/hppcl.html> I have started to descodify the Font Descriptor's table, but I have a problem with "xHeight", "style (LSB)" and the following bytes. Font Descriptor BYTE NAME IN_THE_TABLES IN_MY_FILES 20 xHeight 6400 0000 23 style 0 or 1 03 26 reserved 00 2A If anyone knows why I have this problem, please answer me!! ...

How to print without spaces?
Hi, I don't want to print the space between 'a' and 'b'. Could somebody let me know how to do it? Regards, Peng $ python Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, May 21 2008, 10:08:24) [GCC 4.1.2 20070626 (Red Hat 4.1.2-14)] on linux2 Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information. >>> print "a","b" a b > Hi, >=20 > I don't want to print the space between 'a' and 'b'. Could somebody > let me know how to do it? >=20 > Regards, > Peng >=20 > $ python...

FILE undeclared
Just starting with C, can somebody explain why this does not work or point me in the right direction? I wrote some tools and did some coding but cant seem to get this one. I DID declare my FILE *fp! and still get... isource2.c: In function `getval': isource2.c:5: `FILE' undeclared (first use in this function) Here is my Example project: $ls Makefile file1 isource2.c isource2.h source1.c $cat source1.c #include <stdio.h> #include "isource2.h" main() { int val; val = getval(); printf("in main: %d\n", val); } $cat isource2.c int g...

changing file ownership
I had one admin account with UID 507. I have created a new one that has a UID of 505, and I want to eventually delete the old one. I have installed things in places like /Applications and /Library that are owned by 507, which will no longer have an owner should the account be removed. I could look around for these apps and files and change the ownership manually. But is there a quick and easy way that I can search the whole HD for files owned by 507 and have their ownership automatically changed to 505? I have read the man page for chown but I'm not unix-savvy enough to underst...

SCO network Failed after being run for 30 mins
Dear All, I just set up a new server running SCO OSR 5.0.4 using 3com 905c ethernet card. After the server started to run it could only survive for 30 mins and below is the output from netstat -am. (stune is also given below) streams allocation: config alloc free total max fail stream 3716 107 3609 217809 117 0 queues 566 223 343 435643 244 0 mblks 29967 29861 106 2323488 29863 0 buffer headers 29882 ...

Printing a percent sign
Hi all. How do I escape the "%" sign in a print statement so that it prints? Thanks. Stephen wrote in news:1159216705.649649.116260@d34g2000cwd.googlegroups.com in comp.lang.python: > Hi all. How do I escape the "%" sign in a print statement so that it > prints? Thanks. > print "%%" Rob. -- http://www.victim-prime.dsl.pipex.com/ stephen@theboulets.net wrote: > Hi all. How do I escape the "%" sign in a print statement so that it > prints? Thanks. >>> print "%" % Did you mean in a string being interpolated wi...

Encapsulated PDF Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.104.1
Hi all! In a conformance statement of an application I'm able to find SOP Class Encapsulated PDF Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.104.1. The conformance statement tells me that it is being supported as an SCU as well as a SCP. Can I expect that the application can create Enc. PDF documents of its own assesments? My supplier tells me that this application can only store received enc. PDF documents with this SOP Class. I thought that this SOP class also was for creation of the Enc. PDF document. Or do I need another SOP Class for this functionallity (Creation of Enc. PDF doc of ...

Tree View
A2003, XP Pro. My client wants to navigate around his db forms using a "Tree View". As far as I know there's no such utility in Access 2003 - are there any reliable 3rd party plug-ins that any of you have used to any degree of success? I've always been a bit wary of plug-ins. The last one I had to deal with silently disabled the 'filter by form' function. Many thanks for any recommendations. Keith. www.keithwilby.com "Keith" <keith@NOCARPkeithwilby.org.uk> wrote in message news:cvt20h$gim$1@sparta.btinternet.com... > A2003, XP Pro. > &g...

Way To View A Rectangle In A GUI
Is there a way to see a wire frame of a simple rectangle in MATLAB's GUI? I want to be able to specify the vertices and then have MATLAB display an image of a rectangle from those vertices. Thanks On Sep 19, 9:04=A0pm, "Devin Rohan" <dro...@purdue.edu> wrote: > Is there a way to see a wire frame of a simple rectangle in MATLAB's GUI?= =A0I want to be able to specify the vertices and then have MATLAB display = an image of a rectangle from those vertices. =A0Thanks ------------------------------------------------------- Yes. Create a figure with an axes o...

S750
Wish to print solid black (using Black Cartridge only). Have tried greyscale etc but still uses C/M/Y to create black. (Proved by removing col carts) Canon not much help, any advise appreciated. ...

Skill for creating a symbol view
Hi, Does anyone have the Skill code to (re)generate, for example, the "nmos4" symbol view from analogLib? I manage to draw the lines and selection box but i'm not sure on how to create the 4 terminals and their cdsTerm() labels. Is there a specific function for the terminals or can they be drawn using dbCreateRect()? What about the cdsParam() labels of type ILLabel? Thanks, Gerd > Hi, > Does anyone have the Skill code to (re)generate, for example, the > "nmos4" symbol view from analogLib? > I manage to draw the lines and selection box but i'm not sure ...

How to print a raw file (print ready file) through USB port in MS Windows?
Hi, all: I have a print ready file (PCL or PS format) to send to a printer through USB port. But my platform is Win2k. Is there any method to directly send the job through USB port to the printer in Win2k? (just like "cat abc.ps > dev/usb/lp0" in linux) thanks for any advice, johny ...

Re: combining multiple records from two files #9
I don't think I understand all the issues but this may be helpful. It counts the visits up to an assessment; data work.assessment; input Obs ageM date:date9. id; format date date9.; drop obs; cards; 1 0 12SEP2002 10100155 2 3 03DEC2002 10100155 3 6 04MAR2003 10100155 4 12 02SEP2003 10100155 5 18 12MAR2004 10100155 6 24 12SEP2004 10100155 7 30 12MAR2005 10100155 ;;;; run; proc print; run; data hvisit; input Obs date:date9. id; format date date9.; drop obs; cards; 1 31JAN2002 10100155 2 11FEB2002 10100155 3 26FEB2002 10100155 4 12MAR2002 10100155 5 25MAR2002 1...