How to automatically display the bookmark pane when opening a PDF document in AR?

The topic pretty much sums it up, i am have made a PDF document using
Adobe Acrobat und manually created some bookmarks. I am searching for a
way now to tell the document that the bookmark pane should
automatically show up when being viewed in Acrobat Reader.
Any advice would be appreciated.
I already did a search and found a related topic, but that was dealing
with documents created from PS files through Acrobat Distiller.

0
gortuerch (1)
6/25/2005 9:58:27 AM
comp.text.pdf 5583 articles. 0 followers. ramon (1518) is leader. Post Follow

Problem solved, sorry to bother you with such trivialities.

File->Document Properties->Initial View->Show did the trick.

0
gortuerch

How to get links from Acrobat pdf file ???
I have in a few first page defined links (font blue color) row by row which are links for to appropriate pages in this pdf document. Could you tell how to get this links in javascript lang ??? Which method or function I should to invoke to get links which arer defined in my pdf document ??? Regards, Piotrek Ptaku25 wrote: > I have in a few first page defined links (font blue color) row by row > which are links for to appropriate pages in this pdf document. > > Could you tell how to get this links in javascript lang ??? > Which method or function I should to invoke to get li...

Automatically Logout User
Hi all I would like to create a utility to automatically logout the current user either at a designated time or after a certain amount of time. Can anyone provide me with guidance on how this can be achieved in VB6? Many thanks Marty You could probably make a call to code like this: http://www.veign.com/blog/2005/10/shut-down-windows-through-shortcut.html -- Chris Hanscom - Microsoft MVP (VB) Veign's Resource Center http://www.veign.com/vrc_main.asp Veign's Blog http://www.veign.com/blog -- "Mr McFly" <martin.turnbull@withdrawntlworld.com> wrote in message ...

[9fans] Error opening PDF file
Here's the error I get running page on the file. -=-=-= Ghostscript Error: postnote 6843: sys: trap: fault read addr=0x0 pc=0x000165bb ****This file has a user password set. Error: /invalidfileaccess in pdf_process_Encrypt Operand stack: Execution stack: %interp_exit .runexec2 --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- 2 %stopped_push --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- false 1 %stopped_push 1 3 %oparray_pop 1 3 %oparray_pop .runexec2 --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- 2 %stopped_push --nostringval-- --n...

[News] Microsoft Partly Responsible for Sabotaging Open Source Bill in Philippines

Firefox as default Browser does not open right...
Hello: I have set /usr/bin/firefox in the KDE control center... When I click on an URL in KMAIL or KNODE, I get a "funny screen" and firefox does not start. This worked before. Do I need to add a variable name after t /usr/bin/firefox ? (Like %1 etc...) Thanks AnonymousFC3 wrote: > Hello: > I have set /usr/bin/firefox in the KDE control center... I guess it depends on what flavor of Linux you're running and what version of Firefox, but on my Mandriva 2006 system the path/command is: /usr/bin/mozilla-firefox > When I click on an URL in KMAIL or KNODE,...

Storing PDF annotations "externally"
Hi, Here's a problem: our Filenet imaging system allows users to create annotations on a TIFF image. The annotations are not stored as part of the image, but externally as separate objects in the imaging system. Now we have started storing PDFs in this archiving system. The users want to annotate the PDFs. The problem is, that we do not want to have to re-archive the PDF every time it is annotated - we want to be able to store the annotations externally as we do for TIFF images. Before I start wading through the PDF spec - does this sound remotely feasible (or desirable)? I'm thinki...

Automatic Unblinding
I want to be able to unblind a drug trial automatically without having to change the column headers by hardcoding. For example I might have the following blinded INPUT data: Patient # Disposition Treatment 1 Completed Blinded 2 Discontinued Blinded 3 Completed Blinded Output Treatment Counts Disposition Blinded ----------- ------- Completed 2 Discontinued 1 Once the study becomes unblinded (Treatments A and B rather than Blinded) I want to automatically be able to produce output without hardcoding the output col...

Icons displayed with bbrowser
hi, has any one displayed a icon in the bbrowser and stored in a dbf table. i know this has to work but i don't now how? a smal excample will help. regard reinhard Hello Reinhard, the following code should give you the idea how it should work: ----- schnipp ----- protect method _p_PreTabellenspaltenHinzufuegen(lEditierbar ref logic,dwMaxCaptionHeight ref dword) as void pascal class brwVEP super:_p_PreTabellenSpaltenHinzufuegen(@lEditierbar,@dwMaxCaptionHeight) self:SpalteHinzufuegen(#MarkierteDatensaetze,"Mark",{|oServer,oBrw| iff(oServer:FieldGe...

Strage characters displaying in Enterprise Manager 2000
Hi Recently I have noticed that strange characters have begun appearing in sql server 2000 enterprise manager. Examples are: when viewing a table listing some tables may have 14:04:51 followed by a square. when performing a restore the selection of backups to restore are all displayed as bold pipe, bold pipe, bold pipe (which is really unhelpful in that situation ;) Could anyone shed some light into whats causing this? I'm actually quite concerned! Product version 8.00.760(SP3) running on 2003 sp1, the problem was occuring prior to sp1 tho Thanks in advance ...

[News] Open Source Misconceptions That Refuse to Die
Frustration: some (Open Source) myths just refuse to die ,----[ Quote ] | Some misconceptions refuse to die. And, worst of all, these | misconceptions are harming our community and harming us, directly. | I'm talking about a two-headed beast: | | 1. That Open Source projects cannot (or should not) be repackaged | and sold by third parties | 2. That Open Source products' tech support is worthless | | Keep reading to find out how I've personally experienced this monster on my | business. `---- http://turbochargedcms.com/2006/11/frustration-some-open-source-myths-just...

CIRC Package DVI to PDF Conversion
Hello, I am new to the Circ package, and am having some trouble converting my DVI file (which looks just fine) to PDF. dvipdfm gives the following error: ===================================================== C:\localtexmf\fonts\pk\ljfour\public\circ\dpi600\cicirc.pk already exists! cicirc: Can't locate a Type 1, TTF, PK, or virtual font file Not sure how to proceed. For now this is fatal Maybe in the future, I'll substitute some other font. Output file removed. ===================================================== I suspect there's a problem with the installation of the p...

Retrochallenge 2013 Summer Competition now open for entrants
Yes folks, it's your bi-annual excuse to shun all things modern and immerse= yourself in your classic kit for a month of retro-goodness. :P If you are new to retrochallenge head over to http://www.retrochallenge.org= / for more details and examples of previous entries if you need ideas. The = results of the previous competition, the winter warmup, are here). For my l= ast retrochallenge I went back to school and completed a BBC Basic project = that had been resurrected from a 28 year old floppy that a classmate had ke= pt in his attic! About Retrochallenge In a nutshell, th...

automatic error-handling by wxWidgets?
I tried wxCopyFile() and the source does not exists. A MsgBox with an error-msg was shon then? It was not by me? Why does wxWidgets produce such messages by itself? How does wxWidgets produce such messages by itself? Can I turn on/off this technic? Can I modify this technic for my own wishes? On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 12:29:16 +0200 Christian Buhtz <yspam@gmx.net> wrote: CB> A MsgBox with an error-msg was shon then? CB> CB> It was not by me? CB> CB> Why does wxWidgets produce such messages by itself? CB> How does wxWidgets produce such messages...

PIX object-groups automatically created named "_ref" ?
Hi, After upgrading our PIX 525 from version 6 to 8 I noticed the access- lists and object-group command behaviour has changed - it no longer automatically creates "reference" access-groups ending with "_ref" Previously I created inbound access-lists (via PDM) referencing the inside server names and the PIX automatically created a "reference" access-lists/object-groups that matched the outside NAT'ed addresses. For example: Name 192.168.10.10 SERVER1 (inside name) object-group network INSIDE-SERVER (object -group with inside name) network-object SERVER1...

Re: automatically include automatic numbering in a
At this point I'm not asking for anything that fancy. My primary request is a way to create a cell style that automatically inserts the automatic numbering option. And a secondary request is to include automatically some boiler-plate within the cell when it is created. This is not to deny the utility of a hook into a database of examples or exercises, or whatever. On 8/4/2010 5:50 AM, David Park wrote: > What is really needed is a method, perhaps in Workbench, for users to design > their own paclet data structures. Then you could build a data file of > exercise...

How to get orientation of connector pane?
This is a follow-up to "How do I get terminal/connector information with a vi reference?", posted by Kyus, answered by Randy Hoskin. Using Randy's solution VI, I got the connector pane pattern and an array of the connector names, and I guess that that array is ordered from the lower right-hand corner up in columns, right-to-left. I want to know how to get the orientation of the connector pane pattern. Each pattern can be turned 90, 180, or 270 degrees from the original. Many patterns are symmetric, but some are not. How can I discover (programmatically) what direction the co...

fig cannot open, Error using ==> open at 164 #3
I just updated MATLAB in my windows xp system from an old version to version R2007b. I have tried to open matlab figure files that were produced and saved using the old version. some of them can be opened, some can not with the information below: ''Error using ==> open at 164 Unable to find function update_contextmenu_cb within G:\matlab\toolbox\matlab\scribe\@scribe\@legend\methods.m'' Can someone help me? ...

Re: Tk::Canvas to PDF module offer #3
--nextPart19330464.Q7E6sxZdDT Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="Boundary-01=_sSGrBn0Lgux9rmj" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline --Boundary-01=_sSGrBn0Lgux9rmj Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline Dne =FAt 30. listopadu 2004 08:31 John napsal(a): > Hello > > How did you hack the module? Simply:-) It uses PDF::API2 module to create the actual PDF content.=20 It creates a new PDF object and a PDF page, then it examinines=20 every...

How to stop an Access form from automatically saving a record?
Hi, How do I stop an Access (2003) form from it's default behaviour to automatically save a record when exiting the form? I want to use a save button instead. Thanks, -pw use paulwilliamson at spamcop dot net for e-mail uh you should just use unbound forms it's a pita i would reccomend using the beforeinsert event instead of changing to unbound.. do you know vb? it's a good language to know >i would reccomend using the beforeinsert event instead of changing to >unbound.. Looking over some old cold of mine, I found exactly that. I just added a Me.Undo there. Sorr...

Automatically press OK button in Script?
Is there a way to automatically acknowledge or press the OK button when running a script? Charles wrote: > Is there a way to automatically acknowledge or press the OK > button when running a script? Do you mean the OK button that applies the settings in each filter's dialog? If so, you want to toggle the execution mode to Interactive mode while running the script. The button for this appears on the Script toolbar. You forfeit the ability to change the dialogs' settings, of course. They will use whatever settings were in effect when you recorded the script. -- Fred Hiltz,...

Displaying Window Icons in Listbox.
i want to display local files and directories in a list box in my program. i am able to retrieve tht but i want to display respective icons against the file name. File extensions can be retrieved using GetExtension in mfc. i want to display the icons using Windows, NOT create my own bitmaps. kindly suggest how to go about it. ...

[News] Increased Pressure on Google to Share Code, # of Open Source Fakers Increase

capturing the primary display
hi all, I would like to capture the primary display and drawn into window. How can i access memory area of the display. My application should render the primary display continously by only updating the changes in the screen. The intention is to drawing the primary display in application window on the same machine. Where can i start? Is there any example code? Thanks in advance selva. selvaganesan@gmail.com staggered into the Black Sun and said: Tried to fix this so it's more understandable. If I've messed up your meaning, say something. > I would lik...

OS/2 File Open dialogue oddity in PM123 v1.31rc1
(Program download page: http://glass.os2.spb.ru/software/english/pm123.html ) PM123rc1 v1.31 doesn't appear to have a support area -- if someone knows of one, please let me know. Anyway, I just unzipped it into an empty directory. Opened Playlist Manager (<Ctrl+M), RMB and chose "Add a playlist". Up pops the stock OS/2 File Open dialogue. However, when I point it to a dir where there are plenty of existing playlists, it doesn't show them. I assume that this is probably a Filename mask issue. See this before-n-after screenshot: ftp://asavage.dyn...

Output arguments are displayed, but not available anymore