f



how to change the background color and print the PDF file?

Hi all,

I have a PDF file which was converted from Powerpoint file. The background 
was unfornately blue and the foreground color is white. If I print it out 
directly, it will cost a lot of my laser printer powder. Is there a way to 
change the background color to a lighter color or negate the color either in 
Acrobat or during the printing process?

Thanks a lot 


4
Mike
2/27/2007 6:59:19 PM
comp.text.pdf 5600 articles. 0 followers. ramon (1518) is leader. Post Follow

14 Replies
21038 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 15

On Feb 27, 1:59 pm, "Mike" <housing2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a PDF file which was converted from Powerpoint file. The background
> was unfornately blue and the foreground color is white. If I print it out
> directly, it will cost a lot of my laser printer powder. Is there a way to
> change the background color to a lighter color or negate the color either in
> Acrobat or during the printing process?
>
> Thanks a lot

If your printer driver is Postscript capable, you will probably find
"Negative" among the advanced postscript options in the print
dialog.


0
rpresser
2/27/2007 8:08:54 PM
it didn't work for my printer...

there is no way to do this inside Acrobat? I have a professional version of 
the Acrobat...

"rpresser" <rpresser@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:1172606934.780323.4800@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> On Feb 27, 1:59 pm, "Mike" <housing2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a PDF file which was converted from Powerpoint file. The 
>> background
>> was unfornately blue and the foreground color is white. If I print it out
>> directly, it will cost a lot of my laser printer powder. Is there a way 
>> to
>> change the background color to a lighter color or negate the color either 
>> in
>> Acrobat or during the printing process?
>>
>> Thanks a lot
>
> If your printer driver is Postscript capable, you will probably find
> "Negative" among the advanced postscript options in the print
> dialog.
>
> 


0
Mike
2/28/2007 7:34:46 AM
On Feb 28, 2:34 am, "Mike" <housing2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> it didn't work for my printer...
>
> there is no way to do this inside Acrobat? I have a professional version of
> the Acrobat...
>
[please don't top post]

There are Acrobat plug-ins that can help, such as Enfocus's Pitstop
Pro, but to the best of my knowledge, the standard Acrobat Pro
distribution cannot change fill colors of objects. You could likely
delete the background altogether, but not change its attributes. I
could be wrong of course.

If you can create another PDF file with the desired background color,
perhaps you could delete the unwanted background and paste in a new
one.

0
rpresser
2/28/2007 2:27:56 PM
"rpresser" <rpresser@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:1172672876.256561.66410@k78g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> On Feb 28, 2:34 am, "Mike" <housing2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> it didn't work for my printer...
>>
>> there is no way to do this inside Acrobat? I have a professional version 
>> of
>> the Acrobat...
>>
> [please don't top post]
>
> There are Acrobat plug-ins that can help, such as Enfocus's Pitstop
> Pro, but to the best of my knowledge, the standard Acrobat Pro
> distribution cannot change fill colors of objects. You could likely
> delete the background altogether, but not change its attributes. I
> could be wrong of course.
>
> If you can create another PDF file with the desired background color,
> perhaps you could delete the unwanted background and paste in a new
> one.
>

It's not created by me. I don't have PPT source. I only have the PDF.

All I need is a negation in color.

How to do that? 


0
Mike
2/28/2007 11:23:41 PM
On Feb 28, 6:23 pm, "Mike" <housing2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "rpresser" <rpres...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:1172672876.256561.66410@k78g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>
>
>
> > On Feb 28, 2:34 am, "Mike" <housing2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> it didn't work for my printer...
>
> >> there is no way to do this inside Acrobat? I have a professional version
> >> of
> >> the Acrobat...
>
> > [please don't top post]
>
> > There are Acrobat plug-ins that can help, such as Enfocus's Pitstop
> > Pro, but to the best of my knowledge, the standard Acrobat Pro
> > distribution cannot change fill colors of objects. You could likely
> > delete the background altogether, but not change its attributes. I
> > could be wrong of course.
>
> > If you can create another PDF file with the desired background color,
> > perhaps you could delete the unwanted background and paste in a new
> > one.
>
> It's not created by me. I don't have PPT source. I only have the PDF.
>
> All I need is a negation in color.
>
> How to do that?

Like I said, create ANOTHER PDF -- you don't need the original source,
you just need to be able to create a PDF -- that has a background of
the desired color. In Acrobat, DELETE the background color box from
the PPT PDF, then copy the desired background color from the new PDF
to the clipboard and paste it into the PPT PDF.

There is NO WAY TO CHANGE COLORS OF AN OBJECT IN ACROBAT without
buying an additional plugin. All you can do is move objects, delete
objects,and paste new objects from the clipboard. If you can't manage
it using my instructions then there is no help for it.

0
rpresser
3/1/2007 3:46:32 PM
"rpresser" <rpresser@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:1172763992.228699.32170@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> On Feb 28, 6:23 pm, "Mike" <housing2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> "rpresser" <rpres...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> news:1172672876.256561.66410@k78g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>>
>>
>>
>> > On Feb 28, 2:34 am, "Mike" <housing2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >> it didn't work for my printer...
>>
>> >> there is no way to do this inside Acrobat? I have a professional 
>> >> version
>> >> of
>> >> the Acrobat...
>>
>> > [please don't top post]
>>
>> > There are Acrobat plug-ins that can help, such as Enfocus's Pitstop
>> > Pro, but to the best of my knowledge, the standard Acrobat Pro
>> > distribution cannot change fill colors of objects. You could likely
>> > delete the background altogether, but not change its attributes. I
>> > could be wrong of course.
>>
>> > If you can create another PDF file with the desired background color,
>> > perhaps you could delete the unwanted background and paste in a new
>> > one.
>>
>> It's not created by me. I don't have PPT source. I only have the PDF.
>>
>> All I need is a negation in color.
>>
>> How to do that?
>
> Like I said, create ANOTHER PDF -- you don't need the original source,
> you just need to be able to create a PDF -- that has a background of
> the desired color. In Acrobat, DELETE the background color box from
> the PPT PDF, then copy the desired background color from the new PDF
> to the clipboard and paste it into the PPT PDF.
>
> There is NO WAY TO CHANGE COLORS OF AN OBJECT IN ACROBAT without
> buying an additional plugin. All you can do is move objects, delete
> objects,and paste new objects from the clipboard. If you can't manage
> it using my instructions then there is no help for it.
>

I really don't know how to do DELETE in Acrobat. Could you please help me?

The PDF file is here...

http://www.kevinsheppard.org/teaching/ox/gr/mfe05/pdfs/linear_regression_slides2.pdf

Thanks a lot!


0
Mike
3/2/2007 11:04:36 PM
Mike wrote:

> 
> I really don't know how to do DELETE in Acrobat. Could you please help me?

Use the TouchUp Object tool. But that's only part of the solution, 
because then you'll be stuck with white type and you'll have to change 
it all to black, a tedious process.

> 
> The PDF file is here...
> 
> http://www.kevinsheppard.org/teaching/ox/gr/mfe05/pdfs/linear_regression_slides2.pdf
> 
> Thanks a lot!
> 
> 

Why not just contact the original author at 
kevin.sheppard@economics.ox.ac.uk and ask him for the material you need?
0
Dick
3/2/2007 11:36:32 PM
"Dick Margulis" <margulisd@comcast.net> wrote in message 
news:12uhd8a6g75oodf@news.supernews.com...
> Mike wrote:
>
>>
>> I really don't know how to do DELETE in Acrobat. Could you please help 
>> me?
>
> Use the TouchUp Object tool. But that's only part of the solution, because 
> then you'll be stuck with white type and you'll have to change it all to 
> black, a tedious process.
>
>>
>> The PDF file is here...
>>
>> http://www.kevinsheppard.org/teaching/ox/gr/mfe05/pdfs/linear_regression_slides2.pdf
>>
>> Thanks a lot!
>>
>>
>
> Why not just contact the original author at 
> kevin.sheppard@economics.ox.ac.uk and ask him for the material you need?

Why should I bother the author for printing problems?

Acrobat Professional sucks! With an Acrobat Professional, I cannot negate 
the color of a PDF document?



0
Mike
3/4/2007 3:44:12 AM
Mike wrote:
> "Dick Margulis" <margulisd@comcast.net> wrote in message 
> news:12uhd8a6g75oodf@news.supernews.com...
>> Mike wrote:
>>
>>> I really don't know how to do DELETE in Acrobat. Could you please help 
>>> me?
>> Use the TouchUp Object tool. But that's only part of the solution, because 
>> then you'll be stuck with white type and you'll have to change it all to 
>> black, a tedious process.
>>
>>> The PDF file is here...
>>>
>>> http://www.kevinsheppard.org/teaching/ox/gr/mfe05/pdfs/linear_regression_slides2.pdf
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot!
>>>
>>>
>> Why not just contact the original author at 
>> kevin.sheppard@economics.ox.ac.uk and ask him for the material you need?
> 
> Why should I bother the author for printing problems?
> 
> Acrobat Professional sucks! With an Acrobat Professional, I cannot negate 
> the color of a PDF document?
> 
> 
> 

The problem isn't Acrobat, it's PowerPoint. You've got white type on a 
solid background. If you delete the background, you've got white type on 
white paper. Go ahead and print it. Be my guest. Or just save the PDF as 
a Word document and change the text color there. Might be the easiest 
solution if you're afraid to send a polite request to the author. Oh, 
wait a minute, that "polite" thing might be too much of a challenge for 
you, perhaps?
-1
Dick
3/4/2007 4:40:41 AM
On Mar 3, 10:44 pm, "Mike" <housing2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Acrobat Professional sucks! With an Acrobat Professional, I cannot negate
> the color of a PDF document?

No, you can't.  You also can't use it to feed your gerbil.  It is
designed for certain tasks, and though you may be disappointed in it,
it cannot be used for certain other tasks.

Perhaps you would be content with the "handout" version of the same
presentation, provided by the author already elsewhere on the web
site:

http://www.kevinsheppard.org/teaching/ox/gr/mfe05/pdfs/linear_regression_handout2.pdf

-1
rpresser
3/5/2007 8:26:32 PM
Hello Mike,

you can do it with plain Acrobat:
  select the TouchUp-Object Tool
  click on the background to select the background object
  delete the background object (sometimes more than 1 object)
  you could then add another background to your pages
        (Document > Add Watermark & Background.)
  now the text color has to be changed, at least for white text on a white
        background
  select the TouchUp-Text Tool
  click on text in a page and enter STRG A to select all text
  open the context menu with a right mouse click
  select "properties" and change the "fill color" for the text to something
       more appropriate

-----------
Roland Baier


Mike schrieb:

> it didn't work for my printer...
> 
> there is no way to do this inside Acrobat? I have a professional version of 
> the Acrobat...
> 
> "rpresser" <rpresser@gmail.com> wrote in message 
> news:1172606934.780323.4800@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> 
>>On Feb 27, 1:59 pm, "Mike" <housing2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi all,
>>>
>>>I have a PDF file which was converted from Powerpoint file. The 
>>>background
>>>was unfornately blue and the foreground color is white. If I print it out
>>>directly, it will cost a lot of my laser printer powder. Is there a way 
>>>to
>>>change the background color to a lighter color or negate the color either 
>>>in
>>>Acrobat or during the printing process?
>>>
>>>Thanks a lot
>>
>>If your printer driver is Postscript capable, you will probably find
>>"Negative" among the advanced postscript options in the print
>>dialog.
>>
>>
> 
> 
> 
0
Roland
3/8/2007 3:22:21 PM
I know how expensive laser powder is...:(

Youb could use this wonderful 100%freeee tool for color PDF conversions...
You can just change primary colors, for example you could change the yellow if your yellow cartridge is empty...Here is the online tool:


http://www.pdftocolor.com
0
vadfan (1)
1/31/2014 10:51:49 PM
hey
just had a similar situation last night at 11pm with girlfriends class 5 pdf's.
compounded with a password protection and
compounded with not having word...i use open office.
i converted pdf to odt (openoffice)format using http://online2pdf.com/
then in open office, changed all the document text to black (edit menu, select all).
then manually got rid of the blue pages by right clicking in left corner of each blue page and selected area(pour bucket) and selected color to "none". 
blue goes away
any questions, markleaver1@hotmail.com
i wont be back here hopefully
peace

0
1/15/2015 9:44:06 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

ANN: Fly Text to PDF
Hi All: Fly Text to PDF 1.3 is powerful tool which can convert your text files into PDF. This tool is powerful converter tool running on Microsoft Windows Operating System. You can use this tool to convert your text report, text documents and other text files into PDF quickly and easily. You also can set the PDF properties in each text files by using special tags, or set the default properties for every output PDF files. Please visit our website for more information: http://www.medafan.com/pdf-tools For the output sample, please click on: http://www.medafan.com/pdf-tools/license.pdf Key fea...

How print a pdf file on both sides of a paper(Duplexing for pdf files)
Hi All, Please let me know how to print a pdf file on both sides of a papers. Thanks in advance. krishnapalvadi@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All, > Please let me know how to print a pdf file on both sides of a > papers. > Thanks in advance. > Do you have a duplex printer? krishnapalvadi@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All, > Please let me know how to print a pdf file on both sides of a > papers. > Thanks in advance. The same way that you would print any other document on both sides of the paper. You select duplex output in your printer driver properties. Presuma...

A PDF into a FM file then save as pdf... how to have alll the pages of the included pdf file
FM 7.2 We can import a complete PDF file as an object into a framemaker file. Then when we try to generate a pdf from this framemaker file, we have only the firts page of the pdf imported. Is there a method to import a pdf file and force FM to generate a pdf file with save as... with the complete pdf file inserted into the padf ? > We can import a complete PDF file as an object into a framemaker file. Then > when we try to generate a pdf from this framemaker file, we have only the > firts page of the pdf imported. > > Is there a method to import a pdf file and force FM to generate a pdf file > with save as... with the complete pdf file inserted into the padf ? FrameMaker imports PDF files per page only. To do something similar to what you intend, I once came up with a Windows shell script that writes out a MIF file, incorporating the name of a referenced PDF file and its page count. Note that the MIF code was just stripped off a file and isn't constructed very nicely, but it does the job. After running the script, you should use FrameMaker to open and save the output file. There is no text flow, thus you can't import the file into a document, but you can use it as part of a book instead. Regards Johannes Here is the VB script, feel free to post an optimized version: Dim fso, mif, pdfname, pagecount, counter Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") pdfname = InputBox("Name o...

PDF::API2
Hello All, I am new to PDF files so I don't really know if what I want to do is possible and how to use the PDF::API2 modules. I need to extract information from columns in a table ( I assume that PDF does not know anything about tables). What I was thinking of doing was finding the horizontal location of the header (I know what it should be), then extract all text that starts at that location. I have played around with the PDF::API2 module and read the 'Using PDF::API2 - The code' help page, however it doesn't show me how to extract information from an existing file. ...

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)
Is there a way to remove all text from PDF? Will extract images work for you? If so, PDF-Tools by Tracker Software will do it. http://www.docu-track.com/ -- Don Vancouver, USA "MarosV" <maros.vranec@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ebb897e1-c8e3-4b3a-9274-dfd9d2c845c3@c4g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to remove all text from PDF? ...

Changing background color of PDF documents
"Felix E. Klee" wrote: > how can I set the background color of PDF documents (for which I don't > have the "source") to something other than white? To answer the question myself: a possibility is to convert the document to Postscript, insert a Postscript command like "1 0.7 0.8 setrgbcolor clippath fill", and convert it back to PDF. Felix -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I tried to above process but there is not that entries in postscript converted file. However if I change the ps file with notepad and...

PDF TO PDF/A
Hello, is it possible to convert a PDF file to PDFA file ? i tried the -dPDFA option and i vefy my pdf file with PDF longlife. I have an error. Thanks for help. ...

Print or Save a PDF document, as a PDF file, "2 up"?
OS X allows one to print most documents to a PDF file and/or to print documents "2 up" (2 pages/page) or even higher. But I can't seem to print a PDF document to a PDF file this way -- at least not from Adobe Acrobat. The OS X Print dialog says "Use Save, not Print", but Acrobat's Save As doesn't seem to have a 2-up option. How to do this? In article <siegman-3CA794.13163209042005@news.stanford.edu>, AES <siegman@stanford.edu> wrote: > OS X allows one to print most documents to a PDF file and/or to print > documents "2 up" ...

Background Color of included PDF Files in pdflatex
Hi! I have a problem concerning the background color of some PDF vector graphics that I'm including in my LaTex document (compiling with pdflatex). The PDF files are generated with ps2pdf and when I open them in the Acrobat Reader, the background color is white. But when compiling the document and opening it again in the Reader, the background color of the included pdf graphics is black. Any idea how I can change this? Best regards, johannes "joph" <e0027531@student.tuwien.ac.at> wrote: > I have a problem concerning the background color of some PDF vector > graphics that I'm including in my LaTex document (compiling with > pdflatex). The PDF files are generated with ps2pdf and when I open them > in the Acrobat Reader, the background color is white. But when > compiling the document and opening it again in the Reader, the > background color of the included pdf graphics is black. Any idea how I > can change this? 1. A bug in AR? Try different pdf viewers (ghostscript, xpdf, other AR version, ...) 2. Which versions you are using? pdfTeX, ghostscript, AR, ... 3. For further analysis you shoud provide a minimal example. Yours sincerely Heiko <oberdiek@uni-freiburg.de> Thank you for your answer! > 1. A bug in AR? Try different pdf viewers (ghostscript, xpdf, other > AR version, ...) I am working under windows XP SP2 and I tried AR in several version, ghostview, foxit pdf viewer and an online pdf viewer (http://...

Batch converting of PDF files into searchable PDF files
Hello Group We need to convert about 500 multipage non-searchable PDF files into searchable PDF files. The original PDFs just contain the scanned documents and we plan to run them through an OCR program which will afterwards save them back in the PDF format. It seems that Omnipage 12 Pro Office edition would be able to do the job but Omnipage 12 Standard, which is much less expensive, seems to have many of the same features. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a resource which lists the exact differences between the two programs. For now we'd require only one or two licences...

Printing a PDF from Another PDF
is there any way I can print a PDF Document from another PDF. The reason I am asking this is that I have a PDF list containing approx. 50 PDF Documents and would like to be able to print a chosen Document from my list rather than linking to it and then printing it when it has opened. Thanks in anticipation ...

Printing colored text on a colored background
I am trying to print a document that has some orange writing and imagery on a purple background. How do I set the document to have the orange objects and text appear as their true color (like on a plain white background) as opposed to looking like it is blending with the purple when I go to print? I know this is not called trapping, but I was told that a thin white background appears on the objects when this is done? Thank you! Nora * Zohrabian21@gmail.com: > I am trying to print a document that has some orange writing and > imagery on a purple background. How do I set the document to have the > orange objects and text appear as their true color (like on a plain > white background) as opposed to looking like it is blending with the > purple when I go to print? > > I know this is not called trapping, but I was told that a thin white > background appears on the objects when this is done? > > Thank you! > Nora > Actually it would be trapping. The orange elements would "knockout" of the purple objects and the trap would actually overlap the objects just a tiny bit around their edges so that when the registration travels at the press you won't get any white, paper, showing through. >>as opposed to looking like it is blending with the purple when I go to print? << if you're getting orange overprinting the purple, something's set incorrectly. By default (and I'm being simplistic) when printing, mos...

split one pdf file into multiple pdf files #2
Hi I am in urgent need of code for spliting one pdf file into multiple pdf files based on a particular condition. Guidance of how to go about writing the code for this problem would really helpful. Thanks, Suparana ...

GUIDE: Using xtopdf to create PDF from text and DBF files (including creating simple PDF e-books)
Hi, I'm giving below, steps to install and use my xtopdf PDF creation/conversion toolkit. This post is for end-users. xtopdf is both a set of end-user tools and a library for use by developers, to create PDF from various input formats. I'll post another message here about how developers can use it in various ways, sometime later. The steps are for the Windows platform. Will do another post for Linux. 1. Get Python v2.4.3 here: http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.4.3/python-2.4.3.msi Size is not more than 10 MB. Install it - its an MSI, so just double-click. (Any Python version >...

How to create two pdf files into one pdf file using pdflatex?
Hi, there! I use MikTeX on my PC. I have a tex file, I use pdflatex to create a pdf file. Now my problem is that I have other a pdf file, I want to put two pdf into a pdf file. Does anyone have suggestion to do this? I am like to put some tex code into my tex file, then I run pdflatex, I will create this two pdf files into one pdf file. Thanks! zyx wrote: > Hi, there! > > I use MikTeX on my PC. I have a tex file, I use pdflatex to create a > pdf file. Now my problem is that I have other a pdf file, I want to put > two pdf into a pdf file. Does anyone have suggestion to do this? I am > like to put some tex code into my tex file, then I run pdflatex, I will > create this two pdf files into one pdf file. > Thanks! use the package: pdfpages (remember to read the manual for it) it can do all sorts of nifty things with pdf files -- /daleif (remove RTFSIGNATURE from email address) LaTeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq AMSMATH Intro: http://www.ams.org/tex/amslatex.html LaTeX Intro: http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/lshort/lshort.pdf Graphics Intro: http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/epslatex.pdf Superb Class: http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/memoir.html Remember to post minimal working examples. Dear Madsen; Thank you very much for your answer. It is very useful. However, I want to create a bookmark at first pdf file, I use following lists into my tex file: *****************************************...

Need a tool which makes a Text-PDF and a separate TXT-File from a windows print stream
Hello, I know some tools which make Text-PDFs and other tools which make Picture-PDFs and separate TXT-Files with a bad structure (values of tables are as long strings without spaces in the textfile, so it is not possible to extract the values) from a windows print stream (virtual printer). Is there a tool which can both things or is it necessary to take two different tools (the first tool make a Text-PDF and the second tool makes a textfile from the PDF). Thanks Jens Jens, Can you capture the Windows print stream as Windows Metafiles (WMF, EMF, GDI)? If so, our wmf2vector SDK migh...

PDF file as a background
Hello! I was wondering if there is any LaTeX / XeTeX package that would allow me to use previousely preparated PDF document as a background (or watermark, if you prefer this term) for a new output file? Have a nice day, Chris Am Fri, 19 Oct 2007 04:00:06 -0700 schrieb kkolago@op.pl: > I was wondering if there is any LaTeX / XeTeX package that would allow > me to use previousely preparated PDF document as a background (or > watermark, if you prefer this term) for a new output file? This is definetly doable using package eso-pic.sty. There's two more packages which might do the same (watermark.sty and wallpaper.sty), but I've never used them myself. Cheers Michael ...

Printing to a pdf file
I am currently at a site where some users have Adobe Reader/Distiller 6 installed on their PC's and I need to provide the ability to save reports as pdf files. Searching the internet I found a number of sites that described how to do this, but they involved writing to the registry. As this is an soe site I am unable to modify the registry. Without doing this I gather I cannot preset the file name or path of the pdf file to be created. When I open the report with the default printer set to Adobe PDF Writer, I get the Savas dialog box. I would prefer to fully automate this process so tried ...

Print pdf file
I have a pdf file in a table as an OLE object. I want print it but not display with Acrobat. I already found on this news a solution as this: Dim risp risp=Shell("C:\TuoPercorso\AcroRd32.exe /p /h C:\PercorsoFile\TuoFile.PDF") but is necessary a path on disk. Is there someone that know how do it with an OLE object? Ciuky On 2 Mar 2004 08:06:19 -0800, ciuky2003@tiscalinet.it (ciuky2003) wrote: >I have a pdf file in a table as an OLE object. I want print it but not >display with Acrobat. >I already found on this news a solution as this: > >Dim risp >risp=Shell(&...

Printing Pdf Files
Hi ! I'm trying to Print a PDF File from a Program with the following Command :- >ShellExecute(NULL,String2Psz("print"),String2Psz("12345.pdf"),NULL,String2Psz("C:\Test"),SW_HIDE ) However, Adobe Acrobat doesn't seem to be getting the path information, what am I doing wrong ?? Many thanks Cheers Vic Vic, Here's what I use to open Acrobat: ShellExecute( oAppWindowGlobal:Handle(), ; String2Psz("open"), ; String2Psz(sPDFFullPath), ; NULL_PTR, ; NULL_PTR, ; SW_SHOW...

Printing PDF files
Hi Friends, Does anybody of you know a method on how to print PDF documents from an application to a specific printer not to the default printer.I have done for the default printer. I need to do it for the user specific printer char *path = "c:\\ctpg.pdf"; ShellExecute(NULL, "open", path, NULL, NULL, SW_NORMAL); ShellExecute(NULL, "print", path, NULL, NULL, SW_NORMAL); this prints to the default printer. Please help me regarding this. Thanx in advance Mullai ...

text on pdf file
How can I add a text on a pdf file in order to print it with the page? Thanks Sandro "Sandrobi" <sandbizzXXX@libero.it> wrote in message news:<TQP0c.42052$Kc3.1337410@twister2.libero.it>... > How can I add a text on a pdf file in order to print it with the page? > > Thanks > > Sandro There are so many ways to do it if you have the full version of Acrobat. Not the Free Reader. 1. Use the free text tool. 2. Use the forms tool and make a text box and fill it up. 3. Use the touchup text tool, click where you want the text inserted while holding the &...

How to convert eps to pdf with pdf file size same as the eps file BBox? (using ps2pdf)
I want to convert an eps file to a pdf file and the paper size of the newly created pdf file be the same as the BBox of the eps file. Would you please show me what options I should specify if I use ps2pdf? Or you can tell me some other ways. Thanks, Peng > I want to convert an eps file to a pdf file and the paper size of the > newly created pdf file be the same as the BBox of the eps file. Would > you please show me what options I should specify if I use ps2pdf? Or > you can tell me some other ways. This will do it: -dEPSCrop Govert Govert J. Knopper wrote: >> I want...

insert pages from auxiliary pdf file into specific page locations in main pdf file
I am saddened by the slow death of usenet. Sigh. It is tax season in my neck of the woods. Depending on what tools you use,= you might end up with forms that don't make a duplex printer-friendly PDF = file. Since my home printer is "manually duplexed", I would like to write = a bash script to insert the pages of auxiliary files into a main PDF file. = Make a huge file that can print out easily with minimal manual interventio= n other than one flip of the whole file once the odd sides have printed out= .. Oh, and I'm looking for a free open source solution. ...

Web resources about - how to change the background color and print the PDF file? - comp.text.pdf

Background Music (album) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
^ Morris, Kurt. " Background Music – Overview" . Allmusic . Rovi Corporation . http://allmusic.com/album/background-music-r642918 . Retrieved ...

Android App OStream Speeds Up Facebook Experience By Synchronizing Content In Background
Facebook’s newly revamped Android application was rebuilt with a focus on speed, and startup oStream wants to help users of devices on that operating ...

Background for Dick Armey’s Endorsement of “Nothing for the Nation”
To truly grasp the profound nature of Dick Armey’s endorsement of Nothing for the Nation: Who Got What Out of Iraq, one must understand the events ...

Parse launches analytics tool, background jobs feature at first Developer Day conference
Parse , the Facebook-owned app development platform, held its first Developer Day conference in San Francisco Thursday, and the company launched ...

Easy Background Tasks in ASP.NET
As I work on the badge implementation for Stack Overflow, I needed a way to call the code that detects and awards the badges out of band. Traditionally ...

Wallpaper Studio Pro HD - Themes & Backgrounds for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Wallpaper Studio Pro HD - Themes & Backgrounds on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Apple/FBI fight looks destined to go all the way to the Supreme Court as more background is revealed
... doubt about Apple’s determination to fight the matter all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court, that doubt appears to be removed by further background ...

Latest Opera Max update brings Smart Alerts to help you manage sneaky background data usage
... in this update is the addition of Smart Alerts, which will allow the app to notify you when an unused app is using too much data in the background. ...

Opera claims you're using 30 percent of your mobile data on background apps
... through it. Unless you're predominantly on Wi-Fi then you're likely wondering where all of that data is going. The answer, of course, is background ...

Everyone manually closes all their background apps, right?
Apple software engineering VP Craig Federighi recently dispelled one of the more long-standing myths about iPhone battery life. In short, if ...

Resources last updated: 3/15/2016 12:56:06 PM