How to combine two scanned pages into one page?

I need to scan one article from a news paper,
somehow this article is large than one A4
page, so I could not fit it into one A4
page, it takes about 1.2 A4 page in terms of
area size.

I would like to scan it first into 2 pdf pages,
then wonder if I could scale them a bit smaller
and fit them into one A4 page.

Anyone can help? I tried various tools of Adobe 5.x,
still could not figure how to do this. I know one
easy way is to use copy machines to scale the
article smaller, but I thought Adobe may have
some tricks to do "digital manipulation".

Thanks

Tian
0
tian (2)
4/14/2004 3:39:24 PM
comp.text.pdf 5587 articles. 0 followers. ramon (1518) is leader. Post Follow

tian@i2r.a-star.edu.sg (Tian) wrote:

>I need to scan one article from a news paper,
>somehow this article is large than one A4
>page, so I could not fit it into one A4
>page, it takes about 1.2 A4 page in terms of
>area size.
>
>I would like to scan it first into 2 pdf pages,
>then wonder if I could scale them a bit smaller
>and fit them into one A4 page.
>
>Anyone can help? I tried various tools of Adobe 5.x,
>still could not figure how to do this. I know one
>easy way is to use copy machines to scale the
>article smaller, but I thought Adobe may have
>some tricks to do "digital manipulation".

Scan to a TIFF. Finish your digital manipulation before transferring
to PDF, which is best thought of as a final format.
Aandi Inston  quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com

quite
4/14/2004 4:03:05 PM
Try PDF-Tools :

www.docu-track.co.uk/PDFX3.zip

--
Best Regards

John Verbeeten
Tracker Software Products
PDF-XChange & SDK, Image-XChange SDK,
PDF-Tools & SDK, TIFF-XChange & SDK, DocuTrack.
Email : johnV@docu-track.com
www.docu-track.com
User Updates (serial # required)
http://www.docu-track.com/download.php
Trials:
http://www.docu-track.com/index.php?page=28
Pricing:
http://www.docu-track.com/index.php?page=30
"Tian" <tian@i2r.a-star.edu.sg> wrote in message
> I need to scan one article from a news paper,
> somehow this article is large than one A4
> page, so I could not fit it into one A4
> page, it takes about 1.2 A4 page in terms of
> area size.
>
> I would like to scan it first into 2 pdf pages,
> then wonder if I could scale them a bit smaller
> and fit them into one A4 page.
>
> Anyone can help? I tried various tools of Adobe 5.x,
> still could not figure how to do this. I know one
> easy way is to use copy machines to scale the
> article smaller, but I thought Adobe may have
> some tricks to do "digital manipulation".
>
> Thanks
>
> Tian

-1
John
4/15/2004 10:04:03 AM
Hi, Aandi,

Thanks for help, I will try your method.

Any suggestions on which softwares for tiff
image manipulation like resize? Seems to me
the MS Paint and Imaging do not have the resize
function.

Tian
quite@dial.pipex.con (Aandi Inston) wrote in message

> tian@i2r.a-star.edu.sg (Tian) wrote:
>
> >I need to scan one article from a news paper,
> >somehow this article is large than one A4
> >page, so I could not fit it into one A4
> >page, it takes about 1.2 A4 page in terms of
> >area size.
> >
> >I would like to scan it first into 2 pdf pages,
> >then wonder if I could scale them a bit smaller
> >and fit them into one A4 page.
> >
> >Anyone can help? I tried various tools of Adobe 5.x,
> >still could not figure how to do this. I know one
> >easy way is to use copy machines to scale the
> >article smaller, but I thought Adobe may have
> >some tricks to do "digital manipulation".
>
> Scan to a TIFF. Finish your digital manipulation before transferring
> to PDF, which is best thought of as a final format.
> Aandi Inston  quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com
> Please support usenet! Post replies and follow-ups, don't e-mail them.
0
tian
4/17/2004 3:43:49 AM
tian@i2r.a-star.edu.sg (Tian) wrote:

>Hi, Aandi,
>
>Thanks for help, I will try your method.
>
>Any suggestions on which softwares for tiff
>image manipulation like resize? Seems to me
>the MS Paint and Imaging do not have the resize
>function.

If you don't have a suitable tool like Photoshop, place the images
into Word.