How to combine two scanned pages into one page?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I need to scan one article from a news paper,
somehow this article is large than one A4
page, so I could not fit it into one A4
page, it takes about 1.2 A4 page in terms of
area size.

I would like to scan it first into 2 pdf pages,
then wonder if I could scale them a bit smaller
and fit them into one A4 page.

Anyone can help? I tried various tools of Adobe 5.x,
still could not figure how to do this. I know one
easy way is to use copy machines to scale the
article smaller, but I thought Adobe may have
some tricks to do "digital manipulation".

Thanks

Tian
0
Reply tian (2) 4/14/2004 3:39:24 PM

See related articles to this posting

tian@i2r.a-star.edu.sg (Tian) wrote:

>I need to scan one article from a news paper,
>somehow this article is large than one A4
>page, so I could not fit it into one A4
>page, it takes about 1.2 A4 page in terms of
>area size.
>
>I would like to scan it first into 2 pdf pages,
>then wonder if I could scale them a bit smaller
>and fit them into one A4 page.
>
>Anyone can help? I tried various tools of Adobe 5.x,
>still could not figure how to do this. I know one
>easy way is to use copy machines to scale the
>article smaller, but I thought Adobe may have
>some tricks to do "digital manipulation".

Scan to a TIFF. Finish your digital manipulation before transferring
to PDF, which is best thought of as a final format.
Aandi Inston  quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com

Reply quite 4/14/2004 4:03:05 PM

Try PDF-Tools :

www.docu-track.co.uk/PDFX3.zip

--
Best Regards

John Verbeeten
Tracker Software Products
PDF-XChange & SDK, Image-XChange SDK,
PDF-Tools & SDK, TIFF-XChange & SDK, DocuTrack.
Email : johnV@docu-track.com
www.docu-track.com
User Updates (serial # required)
http://www.docu-track.com/download.php
Trials:
http://www.docu-track.com/index.php?page=28
Pricing:
http://www.docu-track.com/index.php?page=30
"Tian" <tian@i2r.a-star.edu.sg> wrote in message
> I need to scan one article from a news paper,
> somehow this article is large than one A4
> page, so I could not fit it into one A4
> page, it takes about 1.2 A4 page in terms of
> area size.
>
> I would like to scan it first into 2 pdf pages,
> then wonder if I could scale them a bit smaller
> and fit them into one A4 page.
>
> Anyone can help? I tried various tools of Adobe 5.x,
> still could not figure how to do this. I know one
> easy way is to use copy machines to scale the
> article smaller, but I thought Adobe may have
> some tricks to do "digital manipulation".
>
> Thanks
>
> Tian

-1
Reply John 4/15/2004 10:04:03 AM

Hi, Aandi,

Thanks for help, I will try your method.

Any suggestions on which softwares for tiff
image manipulation like resize? Seems to me
the MS Paint and Imaging do not have the resize
function.

Tian
quite@dial.pipex.con (Aandi Inston) wrote in message

> tian@i2r.a-star.edu.sg (Tian) wrote:
>
> >I need to scan one article from a news paper,
> >somehow this article is large than one A4
> >page, so I could not fit it into one A4
> >page, it takes about 1.2 A4 page in terms of
> >area size.
> >
> >I would like to scan it first into 2 pdf pages,
> >then wonder if I could scale them a bit smaller
> >and fit them into one A4 page.
> >
> >Anyone can help? I tried various tools of Adobe 5.x,
> >still could not figure how to do this. I know one
> >easy way is to use copy machines to scale the
> >article smaller, but I thought Adobe may have
> >some tricks to do "digital manipulation".
>
> Scan to a TIFF. Finish your digital manipulation before transferring
> to PDF, which is best thought of as a final format.
> Aandi Inston  quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com
> Please support usenet! Post replies and follow-ups, don't e-mail them.
0
Reply tian 4/17/2004 3:43:49 AM

tian@i2r.a-star.edu.sg (Tian) wrote:

>Hi, Aandi,
>
>Thanks for help, I will try your method.
>
>Any suggestions on which softwares for tiff
>image manipulation like resize? Seems to me
>the MS Paint and Imaging do not have the resize
>function.

If you don't have a suitable tool like Photoshop, place the images
into Word.
Aandi Inston  quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com

Reply quite 4/17/2004 4:16:40 AM
comp.text.pdf 5557 articles. 36 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

merge two pdf pages to one page
Hi, Any tool can print two pdf pages to one page with individual page 50% sized? Thanks. B.C psnup can do this. Binary wrote: > Hi, > > Any tool can print two pdf pages to one page with individual page 50% > sized? > > Thanks. > B.C On 2006-06-28, Binary <binary.chen@gmail.com> wrote: > Any tool can print two pdf pages to one page with individual page 50% > sized? I'm using a2ps for that. Works perfectly. -- Minds, like parachutes, function best when open Thanks! But it can't output pdf defaultly? B.C Andrei...

Split one A4 page into two A5 pages
Hi, I have a pdf file in which 2 A5 pages are printed on one A4 page. I want to split the A4 pages into A5 pages. Is there a way to do this? Perhaps a command-line tool that extracts only parts of a pdf page? mfg Marius Hennecke Marius Hennecke <marius.hennecke@uni-dortmund.de> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a pdf file in which 2 A5 pages are printed on one A4 page. I want > to split the A4 pages into A5 pages. Is there a way to do this? Perhaps > a command-line tool that extracts only parts of a pdf page? Program poster??? "Marius Hennecke" <marius.henneck...

Splitting 2 pages/page landscape postscript file into two single page portrait pages
Hi, I am a newbie. I have a book.ps file which has all the pages, having two facing pages per portrait page like this: +---------------+--------------+ | | | | | | +---------------+--------------+ I want to split the two pages. I dont want to scan the pages and then make bulky images out of compact pdf file. The file was generated from a dvi and latex that are no longer available. The author has died. The ps was made to save the number of printed pages in an era before pdf. So there are two problems: (1) split the ps into single p...

Page-in-page
What I need to do is open one page "inside" of another without using frames. For example: page1.html (somewhere in this page i have a table where i want "page2.php" to show). I have looked and looked for the code to do this, but had no luck. If I use document.open , it has a popup, don't want that. I hope this is clear as to what i'm trying to do. thanks in advance. Panther wrote: > What I need to do is open one page "inside" of another without using frames. > For example: page1.html (somewhere in this page i have a table where i want > "...

Two DIN A4-Pages on one DIN A3 Page as an PDF
Hello, I have two DIN A4 pages and I want them combine to one DIN A3 Page. How can I create a new PDF-file in DIN A3 from two DIN A4 pages? I use Acrobat 7 and WinXP + SP2 yours Hans-Joerg Hans-J�rg Ott wrote: > Hello, > > I have two DIN A4 pages and I want them combine to > one DIN A3 Page. How can I create a new PDF-file > in DIN A3 from two DIN A4 pages? > I use Acrobat 7 and WinXP + SP2 > > yours > Hans-Joerg > With 3rd party plugins like Quite Imposing or other tools like fineprint2000. Waldo Thanks! "Waldo" <nobody@onbody.co&g...

docbook all pages on one page
When I create chm with docbook I have most of the pages on one file. So, when I search for "Linux" page begins with "Sample HTML" .... I get the page with several pages in one. Can this be avoided? Can every page (copyright, disclaimer, credits) be on separate pages? Also when viewing chm "Sample xml" text is in the same page as "introduction", "copyright" ... here is xml: Sample-HOWTO.xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN" ...

paging down exactly one page while zoomed in
I would like to know if it is possible to page down exactly one page at a t= ime in a pdf document even if I am zoomed in so that a page is larger than = the screen. I am doing something slightly unusual here. I am generating a series of pos= tscript plots, the I am using LaTeX to combine them into a pdf file that I = can page through like a movie. Each plot shows a snapshot of air traffic, a= nd the traffic moves through the "movie." It works fine until I zoom in. I need to zoom in to see a particular area i= n more detail. But then when I page down, I end up at a differ...

Two pages in one
Hello This isn't a specifically TeX question, but I presume that it will be of interest to many TeX users. I have a PS document with wide margins. I think that without those margins, two pages could fit in one page. Is there a method to convert my PS document to another PS document so that those huge margins are left out? Also, how could I print two pages of my PS document (one in the left and one in the right) in one page?? My document is rather large about 200 pages. And I don't want to waste so much paper. I am using WIN98 + ghostscript v8.00 + GSview 4.3 Thanks, Diego Andr�...

XP Home Office Document Imaging two sided page scan won't work with Lexmark X6170 all-in-one ADF
Hi, I have a Lexmark X6170 all-in-one. It has a single sided sheet auto document feeder. Office XP Document Imaging has a two sided sheet scanning option for one sided ADF's where you scan side one, then flip the pages over when prompted and scan side two and XP will collate the scanned images properly. I can't get it work right. Everything proceeds properly but when I'm done scanning I get a message that only the page one's have scanned and there are zero side two's scanned. I end up with only the page one's scanned. The Office XP Document Imaging...

&quot;Key Down&quot; event use in one page of tab control prevents using &quot;Value Change&quot; events on another page, even though separate case structure blocks handle the two
The attached VI has a tabbed control with two pages. On one page, titled "Using Value Change Events",&nbsp;there is a control and an indicator, and the underlying code processes a Value Change event on that control by adding one to the number and displaying it on the indicator. On the other page, titled "Using Key Down Events", there is an indicator, and the underlying code processes a Key Down event by displaying the scancode on the indicator. Both these underlying code blocks are in different cases of a case structure chosen by the tab control. Some extra items are ne...

sections on the same page + page nummber on title page
hi! I don't really understand what happened but sections now are on the same page... and I get page number on title.. how to get rid of that? and why it's happened? Thanx in advance :) \documentclass[a4paper]{article} \usepackage[english]{babel} \usepackage[latin1]{inputenc} \usepackage{hyperref} \usepackage{verbatim} \usepackage{graphicx} \usepackage{amsmath} \usepackage{fancyhdr} \usepackage{array} \usepackage{newalg} \title{Algorithms } \author{Author} \parindent 0in \parskip 11pt \headheight 24pt \textheight 609pt \newcommand{\note}{\textit{\textbf{NOTE: }}} \begin{document} \...

Page Count for title page and abstract page
I'm typing a thesis, for which I use documentclass{report} Following the required format, I must page count the title page and abstract also (just not print the page number). Would somebody show me how to do it? I did as following: \setcounter{page}{20} \addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{Abstract} \begin{abstract} This is the abstract \end{abstract} \tableofcontents But the page of the abstract in the TOC is i instead of xx. I don't know why. Thanks a lot. DT You can use the command \thispagestyle{empty} immediately after the \maketitle command and the abstract. Mauricio Orozco...

How to transfer data from one page to a second page
I've a HTML page where you can add a lot of data to a dynamic table created with JavaScripts. At the moment this data is stored in a two dimensional array (JavaScript). But how can I transfer this data to a second page? Of course I could move this data to hidden text fields (HTML). However I don't know if that makes sense. Today I do: <form name = "MyForm" action = "nextpage.html" method = "post" accept-charset = "iso-8859-1"> ... <input type = "button" name = "MyButton" onClick = "SubmitForm(do...

restrict page access to one referring page
I'm looking for a way to prevent access to a web page except from a particular referring page. What I am trying to do is prevent access to a download page for anyone who has not successfully completed an online quiz. Any ideas on how to this in php (using Drupal) would be most appreciated. Thanks. Tom Message-ID: <71c7012d-449e-4344-9a85-8ba03506448a@d45g2000hsc.googlegroups.com> from tomrue contained the following: >What I am trying to do is prevent access to a download page for anyone >who has not successfully completed an online quiz. > >Any ideas on how to this ...

How join two image files to print two documents on one page?
What software can I use to join together two image files? I would like to join files such as JPEG, GIF, TIFF, etc which have come from my scanner from scanning documents. I then want to print the "double image" file on a single page so that I get two documents side-by-side on that page. "Lars" <see.other.header@x.x> wrote in message news:95F2C1F7DE7EB51D7E@204.153.244.156... > What software can I use to join together two image files? > > I would like to join files such as JPEG, GIF, TIFF, etc which have > come from my scanner from s...

ps2pdf - one muti-page ps input file
hi Solaris 8, gs 8.00 Does anyone know how to output one pdf file per ps page of a multipage ps source file? Using a 2 page ps file(infile.ps), I've tried: ps2pdf -dFirstPage=1 -dLastPage=1 infile.ps page1.pdf %%[ ProductName: AFPL Ghostscript ]%% %%[Page: 1]%% %%[Page: 2]%% %%[LastPage]%% But the result is a single pdf file containing both pages. : -( Can anyone help? thanks ...

ps2pdf - one muti-page ps input file
hi Solaris 8, gs 8.00 Does anyone know how to output one pdf file per ps page of a multipage ps source file? Using a 2 page ps file(infile.ps), I've tried: ps2pdf -dFirstPage=1 -dLastPage=1 infile.ps page1.pdf %%[ ProductName: AFPL Ghostscript ]%% %%[Page: 1]%% %%[Page: 2]%% %%[LastPage]%% But the result is a single pdf file containing both pages. : -( Can anyone help? thanks On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 04:46:07 GMT, tec wrote: > hi > > Solaris 8, gs 8.00 > > Does anyone know how to output one pdf file per ps page of a multipage > ps source file? > > Using a...

Could anybody tell me a method to merge 2 ps file, one is the overlay (one page )and the second is the document (n page) ?

Could anybody tell me a method to merge 2 ps file, one is the overlay (one page )and the second is the document (n page) ? #2
Could anybody tell me a method to merge 2 ps file, one is the overlay (one page )and the second is the document (n page) ? thanks. ...

Could anybody tell me a method to merge 2 ps file, one is the overlay (one page )and the second is the document (n page) ? #3
Could anybody tell me a method to merge 2 ps file, one is the overlay (one page )and the second is the document (n page) ? thanks. One way could be to define the overlay as a procedure and install the procedure as the BeginPage proc (or EndPage if you want it painted on top of the document, in which case you should have a BeginPage proc that saves the graphics state so EndPage can restore it before rendering the overlay--in case the document altered the graphics state). If the overlay procedure can satisfy the restrictions for being registered as a form, so much the better (it will sa...

including pages in pages
Just a quick question... When including a page inside another (include('page.php')), is it bad for the second document to also have <head> and <body> tags etc? Im using iframes currently, and it works, but getting the page to match the content is kind of a javascript hack that only works after the page is loaded, not counting the images. So the new page loads, doesnt fit the old page size, and its changed. Not exactly fluid. Thx *** Theo wrote/escribi� (Tue, 28 Sep 2004 06:26:08 -0000): > When including a page inside another (include('page.php')), is it b...

Paging Long Page
Hi all I have a problem and I cannot solve it. I want to divide a long page in pages, I know how to do it if I use recordset (ADODB). But if I have a loop or a long page so how can I divide it, using ASP (VBScript, JS) or CSS ..... Any Idea PLEASE Hi again Any Idea about divide long html page using asp without recordset ...

paging page trouble
Hi I got a little trouble while trying to create index of pages I want to to something like : <0-> <-1-> <-2-> <-3-> once user click <-3-> new page counter start with <4-> <-5-> <-6-> <-7-> .. I do like that : local our $nb_page = arrondi ($total / 4, 1); local our $min_index = $query->param("min_index") || '0'; local our $max_index = $query->param("max_index") || '4'; local our $page_nbr = $query->param("pagenbr") ; local our $page_start = $query-&...

two functions on one page
Hi. I'm learning JavaScript slowly and I'm trying to get a form validation to work with a usability feature (hiding the input button on submit) whichever function i chose to run first onsubmit is the only one that runs. I'm sure this is a simple answer but, I've not found it yet. Otherwise can anyone comment on whether this code has any glaring problems with it? my other problem is that this code grounds to a halt if one of the forms variables isn't present on a particular page meaning I need a different script for each page, which obviosuly isn't very acceptable...