How to combine two scanned pages into one page?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I need to scan one article from a news paper,
somehow this article is large than one A4
page, so I could not fit it into one A4
page, it takes about 1.2 A4 page in terms of
area size.

I would like to scan it first into 2 pdf pages,
then wonder if I could scale them a bit smaller
and fit them into one A4 page.

Anyone can help? I tried various tools of Adobe 5.x,
still could not figure how to do this. I know one
easy way is to use copy machines to scale the
article smaller, but I thought Adobe may have
some tricks to do "digital manipulation".

Thanks

Tian
0
Reply tian (2) 4/14/2004 3:39:24 PM

See related articles to this posting

tian@i2r.a-star.edu.sg (Tian) wrote:

>I need to scan one article from a news paper,
>somehow this article is large than one A4
>page, so I could not fit it into one A4
>page, it takes about 1.2 A4 page in terms of
>area size.
>
>I would like to scan it first into 2 pdf pages,
>then wonder if I could scale them a bit smaller
>and fit them into one A4 page.
>
>Anyone can help? I tried various tools of Adobe 5.x,
>still could not figure how to do this. I know one
>easy way is to use copy machines to scale the
>article smaller, but I thought Adobe may have
>some tricks to do "digital manipulation".

Scan to a TIFF. Finish your digital manipulation before transferring
to PDF, which is best thought of as a final format.
Aandi Inston  quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com

Reply quite 4/14/2004 4:03:05 PM

Try PDF-Tools :

www.docu-track.co.uk/PDFX3.zip

--
Best Regards

John Verbeeten
Tracker Software Products
PDF-XChange & SDK, Image-XChange SDK,
PDF-Tools & SDK, TIFF-XChange & SDK, DocuTrack.
Email : johnV@docu-track.com
www.docu-track.com
User Updates (serial # required)
http://www.docu-track.com/download.php
Trials:
http://www.docu-track.com/index.php?page=28
Pricing:
http://www.docu-track.com/index.php?page=30
"Tian" <tian@i2r.a-star.edu.sg> wrote in message
> I need to scan one article from a news paper,
> somehow this article is large than one A4
> page, so I could not fit it into one A4
> page, it takes about 1.2 A4 page in terms of
> area size.
>
> I would like to scan it first into 2 pdf pages,
> then wonder if I could scale them a bit smaller
> and fit them into one A4 page.
>
> Anyone can help? I tried various tools of Adobe 5.x,
> still could not figure how to do this. I know one
> easy way is to use copy machines to scale the
> article smaller, but I thought Adobe may have
> some tricks to do "digital manipulation".
>
> Thanks
>
> Tian

-1
Reply John 4/15/2004 10:04:03 AM

Hi, Aandi,

Thanks for help, I will try your method.

Any suggestions on which softwares for tiff
image manipulation like resize? Seems to me
the MS Paint and Imaging do not have the resize
function.

Tian
quite@dial.pipex.con (Aandi Inston) wrote in message

> tian@i2r.a-star.edu.sg (Tian) wrote:
>
> >I need to scan one article from a news paper,
> >somehow this article is large than one A4
> >page, so I could not fit it into one A4
> >page, it takes about 1.2 A4 page in terms of
> >area size.
> >
> >I would like to scan it first into 2 pdf pages,
> >then wonder if I could scale them a bit smaller
> >and fit them into one A4 page.
> >
> >Anyone can help? I tried various tools of Adobe 5.x,
> >still could not figure how to do this. I know one
> >easy way is to use copy machines to scale the
> >article smaller, but I thought Adobe may have
> >some tricks to do "digital manipulation".
>
> Scan to a TIFF. Finish your digital manipulation before transferring
> to PDF, which is best thought of as a final format.
> Aandi Inston  quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com
> Please support usenet! Post replies and follow-ups, don't e-mail them.
0
Reply tian 4/17/2004 3:43:49 AM

tian@i2r.a-star.edu.sg (Tian) wrote:

>Hi, Aandi,
>
>Thanks for help, I will try your method.
>
>Any suggestions on which softwares for tiff
>image manipulation like resize? Seems to me
>the MS Paint and Imaging do not have the resize
>function.

If you don't have a suitable tool like Photoshop, place the images
into Word.
Aandi Inston  quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com

Reply quite 4/17/2004 4:16:40 AM
comp.text.pdf 5546 articles. 36 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

XP Home Office Document Imaging two sided page scan won't work with Lexmark X6170 all-in-one ADF
Hi, I have a Lexmark X6170 all-in-one. It has a single sided sheet auto document feeder. Office XP Document Imaging has a two sided sheet scanning option for one sided ADF's where you scan side one, then flip the pages over when prompted and scan side two and XP will collate the scanned images properly. I can't get it work right. Everything proceeds properly but when I'm done scanning I get a message that only the page one's have scanned and there are zero side two's scanned. I end up with only the page one's scanned. The Office XP Document Imaging...

merge two pdf pages to one page
Hi, Any tool can print two pdf pages to one page with individual page 50% sized? Thanks. B.C psnup can do this. Binary wrote: > Hi, > > Any tool can print two pdf pages to one page with individual page 50% > sized? > > Thanks. > B.C On 2006-06-28, Binary <binary.chen@gmail.com> wrote: > Any tool can print two pdf pages to one page with individual page 50% > sized? I'm using a2ps for that. Works perfectly. -- Minds, like parachutes, function best when open Thanks! But it can't output pdf defaultly? B.C Andrei...

Split one A4 page into two A5 pages
Hi, I have a pdf file in which 2 A5 pages are printed on one A4 page. I want to split the A4 pages into A5 pages. Is there a way to do this? Perhaps a command-line tool that extracts only parts of a pdf page? mfg Marius Hennecke Marius Hennecke <marius.hennecke@uni-dortmund.de> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a pdf file in which 2 A5 pages are printed on one A4 page. I want > to split the A4 pages into A5 pages. Is there a way to do this? Perhaps > a command-line tool that extracts only parts of a pdf page? Program poster??? "Marius Hennecke" <marius.henneck...

Two DIN A4-Pages on one DIN A3 Page as an PDF
Hello, I have two DIN A4 pages and I want them combine to one DIN A3 Page. How can I create a new PDF-file in DIN A3 from two DIN A4 pages? I use Acrobat 7 and WinXP + SP2 yours Hans-Joerg Hans-J�rg Ott wrote: > Hello, > > I have two DIN A4 pages and I want them combine to > one DIN A3 Page. How can I create a new PDF-file > in DIN A3 from two DIN A4 pages? > I use Acrobat 7 and WinXP + SP2 > > yours > Hans-Joerg > With 3rd party plugins like Quite Imposing or other tools like fineprint2000. Waldo Thanks! "Waldo" <nobody@onbody.co&g...

Two pages in one
Hello This isn't a specifically TeX question, but I presume that it will be of interest to many TeX users. I have a PS document with wide margins. I think that without those margins, two pages could fit in one page. Is there a method to convert my PS document to another PS document so that those huge margins are left out? Also, how could I print two pages of my PS document (one in the left and one in the right) in one page?? My document is rather large about 200 pages. And I don't want to waste so much paper. I am using WIN98 + ghostscript v8.00 + GSview 4.3 Thanks, Diego Andr�...

&quot;Key Down&quot; event use in one page of tab control prevents using &quot;Value Change&quot; events on another page, even though separate case structure blocks handle the two
The attached VI has a tabbed control with two pages. On one page, titled "Using Value Change Events",&nbsp;there is a control and an indicator, and the underlying code processes a Value Change event on that control by adding one to the number and displaying it on the indicator. On the other page, titled "Using Key Down Events", there is an indicator, and the underlying code processes a Key Down event by displaying the scancode on the indicator. Both these underlying code blocks are in different cases of a case structure chosen by the tab control. Some extra items are ne...

How join two image files to print two documents on one page?
What software can I use to join together two image files? I would like to join files such as JPEG, GIF, TIFF, etc which have come from my scanner from scanning documents. I then want to print the "double image" file on a single page so that I get two documents side-by-side on that page. "Lars" <see.other.header@x.x> wrote in message news:95F2C1F7DE7EB51D7E@204.153.244.156... > What software can I use to join together two image files? > > I would like to join files such as JPEG, GIF, TIFF, etc which have > come from my scanner from s...

two functions on one page
Hi. I'm learning JavaScript slowly and I'm trying to get a form validation to work with a usability feature (hiding the input button on submit) whichever function i chose to run first onsubmit is the only one that runs. I'm sure this is a simple answer but, I've not found it yet. Otherwise can anyone comment on whether this code has any glaring problems with it? my other problem is that this code grounds to a halt if one of the forms variables isn't present on a particular page meaning I need a different script for each page, which obviosuly isn't very acceptable...

Two abstract on one page?
Hi, I'm trying to get two abstracts on one page (in two languages). So I used \begin{abstract} english abstract \end{abstract} \renewcommand\abstractname{Zusammenfassung} \begin{abstract} german abstract \end{abstract} but that creates two pages, one for each abstract. I've tried using \nopagebreak before and after the first \end{abstract} and the second \begin{abstract}, but that's no use, so what do I have to do to get the two abstracts on one page? Do I have to change the report.cls? Tanks. The NRC class supports two Abstracts, French and English (the NRC publishes Canadian ...

one figure over two pages
I am a LaTex beginner and need to include a figure (a map as pdf) in my doc= ument. I want it on one double page of the book (left and right page). How = can I do this?=20 I read the earlier posts on this topic and one claims this to be impossible= , two others mention "the viewport and clip options to \includegraphics", b= ut even after reading the documentation on this package, I still do not kno= w what exactly I need to type into my document.=20 Thank you, Alex \listfiles \documentclass[10.13pt, oneside]{book}% \usepackage[pass,paperwidth=3D6.69in,paperheight=3...

Combining 2 pages into one.
I have a .pdf document with two portrait A4 pages (and the two pages as individual files), I want to recreate it as one A3 page in landscape format. I do not have access to the original documents, only the .pdf version and Acrobat 6. This must be easy, but I'm loosing will to live ...can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks, Trevor Trevor wrote: > I have a .pdf document with two portrait A4 pages (and the two pages as > individual files), I want to recreate it as one A3 page in landscape format. > I do not have access to the original documents, only the .pdf ver...

two \sidewaystable on one page?
Hi there! some problem is making me crazy: I have two tables defined with \sidewaystable but they refuse to stay together on one page although they would easily fit on one. Has anybody a suggestion how to force the tables to be together on one page? Thanks a lot! Bob frotty22@yahoo.com (bob) schrieb: > Hi there! > > some problem is making me crazy: I have two tables defined with > \sidewaystable but they refuse to stay together on one page although > they would easily fit on one. Has anybody a suggestion how to force > the tables to be together on one page? > Put...

one photo spanning two pages?
Can any PageMaker user point me in the right direction here (I can find nothing in the manual or Help). I am printing a small (half letter size) booklet and want to have one photo span across two facing pages, allowing, of course for the binding margin in the middle. I can easily create a frame across the two pages, then fill it with the photo, but I can't seem to have it stop and start at the inside margin. Any pointers would be much appreciated. Bill Bill Johnson wrote: > Can any PageMaker user point me in the right direction here (I can find > nothing in the manual or Help...

Newbie: how to make one pages out of two?
I have 2 pages that were scanned separately in TIFF. Now I would like to create a single page with the original pages joined along the vertical edge. How can I do that? I tried copy&paste but the pages ended up on top of each other. TIA, -Ramon "Ramon F Herrera" <ramon@conexus.net> wrote in news:1117437139.773917.129880@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com: > I have 2 pages that were scanned separately in TIFF. > Now I would like to create a single page with the original > pages joined along the vertical edge. > > How can I do that? > > I tried copy&a...

How to combine and pass data in one page?
I didn't know what to use as a title for this. Here is the scenario: I have a op.reqedit.php page. This page a form where you input data. In this page I have split a MySQL field. It is called MachineTypeOfWork and is split into Replace, Adjusted, REbuild, Inspected and Repair. These all become check boxes for the user. The form submits to op.reqadd.php. In this page I first have a hidden box where I combine all of the above into Type (this works fine, I have unhidden the box to see it). Then I have $MachineTypeofWork = $_GET['Type']; $sql_query = mysql_query("UPDATE re...

scan and print same page in one pass
I am developing an application that needs to scan and print the same page in a single pass. It is a form processing application: the top of the form has a barcode that identifies the form. What I am envisioning is an inkjet like multifunction printer/scanner that tees up the page to the scan/print head. The software would then direct the scanner to scan the first inch or so of the page and interpret the barcode. It would then print the rest of the page, filling in the form. There are lots of multifunction products out there, but I don't know which ones have the programmatic...

How to place two long tables in one page?
Hi, all. There are two long tables(following), so I have to use the landscape environment. I wanna to place both the tables in the same page, but now it appears in two pages respectively. Would you please try to solve the problem for me? Many thanks for your kind. bowlder \begin{landscape} \addtolength{\hoffset}{-2cm} %%%%% I just wanna to resize the page, \addtolength{\textwidth}{4cm} %%%%% but it seems not the key \begin{table}[h] \centering \caption{\(\dfrac{p^{\left(2\right)}_W}{p^{\left(1\right)}_W}\)}\label{tab2-2} \xiaowuhao \begin{tabular}{c|c|c|c|c|c|c|c|c|c|c|c} % after \\: \...

Reload two iframes on one iframed page!
I have two php scripts running and iframes the result from both of them on one html-page. This page is then iframed into my website... I need the option to reload the two original iframes. I have tried to add this into the header of the page with the two iframed results: <script type="text/javascript"> <!-- function Reload () { var f = document.getElementById('iFrame',iFrame2'); f.src = f.src; } //--> </script> And this button to call the script: <form><input type="button" value="Reload" onclick="Rel...

Sharing one applet between two web pages
Two of my web pages need to run methods on an applet. I could instantiate the applet in both webpages, but I'd like to share the same instance between the two pages to boost performance. How could I do that? Thanks in advance Sasi ...

how to overlay two contour plots in one page?
Hello I want to draw two contour plots (x * y = z1 and x * y = z2) on one page. Is there anyone who knows how to do that? Would you please give me some guidance? Thank you very much! Best wishes Zhongmiao Wang Zhongmiao Wang wrote: > Hello > > I want to draw two contour plots (x * y = z1 and x * y = z2) on one > page. Is there anyone who knows how to do that? Would you please give > me some guidance? Thank you very much! > If it's the same data not sure why you would want to (maybe you have to show metric and english version of z?) If you want plot1 above plot2 on a...

Two equation arrays alongside each other on one page
I'm rewriting all my Word stuff to Latex stuff and among other things I've got some formula sheets that needs republishing. My old formula sheets are two colums of formulas running over the length of the page. I tried putting two equation arrays inside a tabular but it doesn't work and \twocolumn doesn't look nice. What can I do? On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 02:23:38 -0700, NeilJ wrote: > I'm rewriting all my Word stuff to Latex stuff and among other things > I've got some formula sheets that needs republishing. My old formula > sheets are two colums of formulas runni...

maximum number of pages that scan in one go -- too few
I would greatly appreciate any suggestions to fix this problem: I have the Scandall 2001 software by [fujitsu.com?], a Compaq pc, and a Brother MFC 6800 scanner/printer: With the same setup I used to be able to scan lots of paper pages in one go, except of course if some page got stuck or awkward in the document feeder. But now it's as if something has changed: now the maximum number of paper pages that scan in one go into the document feeder is usually 7, or 2, which is too few. After fairly thorough review there is no relevant setting, tip, workaround, etc. in the Scandall 2...

Page with two simple DIVs. One on top of the other.

How to put two A5 papers on one A4 page
Hello. I have a a5 format postscript file with 8 pages that I wish to turn into a book by putting two a5 pages on one A4 side. The book will then be printed on 2 a4 paper (duplex) and stapled together in the middle. The problem is now to get the a5 file to transform into the suitable a4 file. Does any one know how to do that? > I have a a5 format postscript file with 8 pages that I wish to turn > into a book by putting two a5 pages on one A4 side. ... Try the psbook utility from the psutils package. -- ...