How to disable the hand-based zoom in?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Some documents have the little hand with a arrow that disappears when
the hand is near the edge on the page.

I find that feature extremely annoying. Is there any way to remove the
zooming arrow? I just want to use the hand to drag the page around.

TIA,

-Ramon

0
Reply ramon (1518) 2/22/2007 6:40:50 AM

See related articles to this posting

Ramon,

You wrote:
> Some documents have the little hand with a arrow that disappears when
> the hand is near the edge on the page.
> I find that feature extremely annoying. Is there any way to remove the
> zooming arrow? I just want to use the hand to drag the page around.

Article threads present in PDFs are often problematic; many FrameMaker
documents converted to PDFs have articles by default (and not because the
document producers specifically thought this feature would be useful)  [see
http://www.microtype.com/hmmms.html#0406 ]

-- In Acrobat/Reader 8.0, Preferences, General, Basic Tools, you can turn
off the "Make Hand tool read articles" option.

-- If you have editing permission for the PDF, you may also simply delete
the entire article thread (after selecting it with the Article tool).

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
TimeSavers/Assistants
FM-to-PDF Assistants: Navigation, Form, Presentation, Multimedia & 3D

0
Reply Shlomo 2/27/2007 7:34:43 AM
comp.text.pdf 5564 articles. 36 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

disable zoom
Hello, My GUI has more than 1 axes. For one of them, I'll need to use zoom. But I don't want the user to accidentally click on the other axes when the zoom mode is on. Is there a way to disable the zoom option when the user's cursor is on my other axes? Thanks. Hi, try this : figure axes('handlevisibility','off') then try to zoom. I think you have to find a way to toggle the "handlevisibility" property of the second axes in your case. J�r�me ...

Disabling fields based on a checkbox.
Hi, There are lots of posts on this subject but after a couple of hours of going though them I still can't get a number of fields to be disabled when a checkbox is ticked. Basically I have a lot of Forecast and Actual dates that can be entered, and next to each one an 'NA' checkbox that I want to disable/grey-out both dates (and the JavaScript calendar if possible). It also only has to work on Internet Explorer 6, as it is for internal use only. Any help greatly welcome as this is starting to drive me mad. Code extract of form below. Thanks, Steve <form name="lform&...

Mouse wheel zoom, disable, how?
Does anyone know how to disable the mouse wheel zoom?? ... -- Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG "Paul Salvador" <paul@zxys.com> wrote in news:3590cec685744900299e78414d398531.36996@mygate.mailgate.org: > Does anyone know how to disable the mouse wheel zoom?? > > .. Go to the mouse settings in the control panel. On my MS drivers, there is a wheel tab, and an advanced button under "wheel troubleshooter". Make sure the wheel is disabled for SW. I'm not sure this is what you're after though. Your other post implies (to ...

Problem with zoom on and zoom out
Hi, I created two buttons on GUI, one for ''zoom on'' and other for ''zoom out''. In respective call back functions I am using ''zoom on'' and ''zoom out'' functions. When I pressed zoom on button, there is positive sign to my mouse cursor and this able to zoom the graph, If I want to remove zoom, I am clicking on zoom out button, now the graph is coming to original size but the problem is, mouse cursor is remaining with plus(zoom on) sign. I am unable to get rid of this plus sign. Can any one tell me how to do this. Thank you ...

How to disable some zooming tools in a chart?
Hi, I am using a chart in LV6.1 and the user of VI, must not be able to change the Yscale limits, neither by editing scales nor by zooming tools. I used a property node and made the Yscale not editable. but How can I disable some of zooming tools such as window zoom or Y zoom? how can I limit access to "active tools" of a chart? is it possible? Thanks for any kind of help. Right click on the chart and select Visible Items, then uncheck Graph Pallette. You can also do this programatically with a property node. ~Tim Another possibility is to customize the chart control and to h...

disabled function-based index
for unknown reason, one function-based index is disabled, what cause this? and which view I can use to check if it's enabled or disabled? the "status" in dba_indexes still show "valid" for this index. niy38@hotmail.com wrote: > for unknown reason, one function-based index is disabled, what cause > this? > and which view I can use to check if it's enabled or disabled? the > "status" in > dba_indexes still show "valid" for this index. On what basis are you determining that the index is invalid? What version of Oracle? Look in all...

virtual from Base-of-Base?
guess you have .... class Grandbase { public: virtual int foo(); }; class Base: public Grandbase { /* no foo() specified here */ }; class Derived, public Base { public: virtual int foo(); }; my compiler gives no errors, ..but ... is it safe? ..rhavin grobert wrote: > guess you have .... > > class Grandbase { > public: > virtual int foo(); > }; > > class Base: public Grandbase { > /* no foo() specified here */ > }; > > class Derived, public Base { > public: > virtual int foo(); > }; > > my compiler gives no errors, ..but ... is i...

How to disable some base class method?
class Base { public: void t1() {} void t2() {} void t3() {}; }; class Derived : public Base { public: private: using Base::t1; using Base::t3; }; Derived d; d.t1(); // error, this is what I want d.t3(); // error, this is what I want d.Base::t1(); // ok <== I don't want user call method this way my question: I don't want user to call t1(); and t3(); from class Derived Is there any way? Peter Lee wrote: > class Base { > public: > void t1() {} > void t2() {} > void t3() {}; > > }; > > > class Derived : public...

enabling/disabling based on checkbuttons
Hello, I am trying to develop a gui with some entries and checkbuttons. My gui should enable/disable the entry field next to a checkbutton based on the state of check button. I have tried to creat a procedure which is called each time the checkbutton is clicked, so that the state of the entry field next to that checkbutton is enabled/disabled. But I failed. Can someone give me a simple example of how to enable/disable a widget based on the state of the checkbutton. Thanks in advance. * amith_kumar.vallabhaneni@alcatel.be (Amith) | I have tried to creat a procedure which is called e...

how to disable zoom for a chosen axis
Hi, I have a figure with 3 axes on top. I have the regular figure toolbar with the zoom buttons in it Once I press the zoom button, any axis I press will zoom in/out I'd like to order matlab to disable the zoom option for 2 axes and keep the zoom option enabled for the 3rd one. any ideas ? (apart from editing the matlab "zoom" function) Ohad. "Ohad Gal" <***NOSPAM***@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eee6cdc.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi, > > I have a figure with 3 axes on top. > I have the regular figure toolbar with the zoom buttons in it > On...

zoom In/zoom Out an Image
Hi I am developing an applet application, and placed an Image,when a button(zoom In) click ,I have to perform the zoom In function ..... How can I do that... Thanks in advance, dwurity >>>>> "dwurity" == dwurity <dwurity@gmail.com> writes: dwurity> Hi I am developing an applet application, and placed an dwurity> Image,when a button(zoom In) click ,I have to perform the dwurity> zoom In function ..... dwurity> How can I do that... e.g. using a JPanel, override paintComponent: protected void paintComponent(Graphics g) { s...

Disabling base class conversions?
Hi, I'm writing some code at the moment where I would like to make use of inheritance from a base class to avoid lots of re-coding in various child classes sharing very similar interfaces. However I wish to disallow the ability for a user to refer these sub-classes using base class pointers. I'm wondering if there are any available techniques in C++ which can allow this? Appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks, David * David: > > I'm writing some code at the moment where I would like to make use of > inheritance from a base class to avoid lots of re-coding in ...

When the based variable's basing pointer is pointer based...
.... you can't use debug to display it. I have a data structure which is pointer based (the data is in the heap): d recordDS ds Based(ds@) d parent@ * d objLen 10i 0 d objDat 10i 0 d objSiz 10i 0 d objVar 1a ds@ is a pointer based variable: d ds@ s * Based(ds@@) ds@@ contains a pointer to a position within a user space. The user space contains pointers to linked list entries in the heap. I use qsort to resequenc...

scroll wheel zoom suddenly disabled
Zoom functionality from the scroll wheel suddenly stopped working after I enabled the toolbox plugin in a fresh install of 2004 SP3.1 (WinXP Pro) today. It was working properly before this. I have tried disabling the add-in, restarting SolidWorks, rebooting the computer, different part models, etc., all to no avail. It now will simply not use the scroll wheel, though the scroll button works fine for rotating. The wheel continues to work correctly in other applications. I also tried resetting the mouse settings in Windows. In my experience, it is best to set the scroll wheel to 'MS Office ...

disable jester based screen minimization
I am running MacOS 10.2.6. Is there a way to disable the jester based screen minimization? When I click on the title bar then move the mouse on the title bar the screen minimized. I do this accidently a lot and never mimimize a screen this way. Is there a way of disabling this action? Robert In article <c6bb75ff.0406171922.45bcb2e6@posting.google.com>, rccharles@my-deja.com (Robert) wrote: > I am running MacOS 10.2.6. > > Is there a way to disable the jester based screen minimization? > > When I click on the title bar then move the mouse on the title bar the >...

disable zoom in only one of two axes
I have written a gui using GUIDE, also using GUIDE's toolbar editor. I have zoom in and zoom out icons with their standard behaviour. My gui contains two separate axes. Zoom is a good thing to be able to do in one of the axes, and is a bad thing to do in the other. Currently the zoom tool works as I would like in the one axes. It also works in the other axes, and this is what I don't like. Question: how can I disable zoom in one axes but not in the other? I tried using setAllowAxesZoom(h,axes,false), but Matlab objected, saying h is not allowed to be a double (I had put h equal to ...

Setting Zoom Level based on Resolution.
Hi, I would like to be able to set the zoom level of my layout based on the resolution of the computer it is being run on, would anyone have any idea how I would go about this? I am using Filemaker Pro Advanced 8.0v2. Thanks in Advance , Eric In article <XnyUf.25402$jf2.5791@twister.nyroc.rr.com>, "Eric Godkin" <egodkin@owlwire.com> wrote: > Hi, > I would like to be able to set the zoom level of my layout based on the > resolution of the computer it is being run on, would anyone have any idea > how I would go about this? I am using Filemaker Pro...

How do I disable the window zoom effect in Gnome?
When one minimizes or maximizes a window, it has this box effect as if it's zooming in and out... very annoying because it's neither smooth or fast. I would like to disable it. Fedora Core 5 Kernel: 2.6.16 Gnome: 2.14.2 Thanks -Ben ...

Disable criteria of a query based on checkboxes
I have a form with fields that act as user specified criteria for a form. Two of the fields are start and finish date. The fields in my query are "ID", "TimeStart", "TimeEnd", etc. Currently, I have the following: Between [Forms]![FormName]![Start] And [Forms]![FormName]![Finish] Currently, the user will specify the start and finish date, and the query will find data where both TimeStart and TimeEnd fall between that date. However, I want the user to be able to specify, with a checkbox maybe, if the start and finish date refers to TimeStart only, TimeFinish o...

Enabling/Disabling a button based on entry
The idea is to disable a button until an entry field has a specific entry. This has been the biggest trouble I've had so far in Clarion, because I can't manage to disable a button easily, even if it has disable in it's properties(stays enabled regardless). It is so much easier in say VB to do this very simple procedure, but it's a nightmare to even figure out how to disable the button in Clarion, let alone keep it disabled based on a condition. The basics of it is as such: If password = 'Password1' OR 'Password2' THEN ENABLE(?OkButton). The OkButton calls the...

Enabling/disabling module imports based on a setting
Hi, everybody, How can I go about writing an import hook that shows or hides (i.e., does not allow import of) modules within a package based on a defined setting? Here's a basic example of what I'm trying to do, given a package /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/hidden/ that has three modules in it (one.py, two.py, three.py): >>> ALLOWED_MODULES = ['one', 'two'] >>> from hidden import one >>> from hidden import two >>> from hidden import three Traceback (most recent call last): File "<stdin>", line 1, in ? ImportErr...

Zoom on in Matlab 7 disables return of keypresses
Using KPress = get(gcf, 'CurrentCharacter'); I get user key presses while working on a figure in Matlab 5.3 until 6.5, even is zoom is on. In Matlab 7.0 zoom on disables key inputs, KPress is always empty. How to work around? GreetinX Andreas Andreas Sprenger wrote: > In Matlab 7.0 zoom on disables key inputs, > KPress is always empty. This is a bug in R14.0 and R14sp1 that will hopefully be fixed in the next release. Joe, The MathWorks. ...

Horizontal Zoom disabled after a "saveas"
Dear all, Thanks in advance to the community. This is my first message. My trouble is the following : When setting the Zoom motion to horizontal, I managed to activate the horizontal zoom in my figure. Unfortunately, when I use the command saveas with the handle of this figure (gcf), horizontal zoom is disabled.. Is it normal ? I supposed I misunderstood something. Thank you all in advance and sorry for my poor english, Denis ...

Disable Drop-box Based On Users Selection