How to disable the hand-based zoom in?

Some documents have the little hand with a arrow that disappears when
the hand is near the edge on the page.

I find that feature extremely annoying. Is there any way to remove the
zooming arrow? I just want to use the hand to drag the page around.

TIA,

-Ramon

0
ramon (1518)
2/22/2007 6:40:50 AM
comp.text.pdf 5583 articles. 0 followers. ramon (1518) is leader. Post Follow

Ramon,

You wrote:
> Some documents have the little hand with a arrow that disappears when
> the hand is near the edge on the page.
> I find that feature extremely annoying. Is there any way to remove the
> zooming arrow? I just want to use the hand to drag the page around.

Article threads present in PDFs are often problematic; many FrameMaker
documents converted to PDFs have articles by default (and not because the
document producers specifically thought this feature would be useful)  [see
http://www.microtype.com/hmmms.html#0406 ]

-- In Acrobat/Reader 8.0, Preferences, General, Basic Tools, you can turn
off the "Make Hand tool read articles" option.

-- If you have editing permission for the PDF, you may also simply delete
the entire article thread (after selecting it with the Article tool).

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
TimeSavers/Assistants
FM-to-PDF Assistants: Navigation, Form, Presentation, Multimedia & 3D

0
Shlomo

How to disable preview?
10.2 allowed me to turn off the Finder column view preview, how might I do this in 10.3? -- Gnarlie In article <cee5d8f67040726c864b343ee1442539@news.teranews.com>, Gnarlodious <gnarlodiousNULL@VOID.invalid.yahoo.com> wrote: > 10.2 allowed me to turn off the Finder column view preview, how might I do > this in 10.3? Put a window in preview mode. Press command-J. It's there in the window. Although the View Options window for column view doesn't have a This-window-only/all-windows selector, it is global to all windows. -- Never play strip tarot. Gnarlodiou...

disable "disable dynamic updating?"?
How do I tell Mathematica to stop asking me if I want to "Disable Dynamic Updating"? It's really getting on my nerves. On Dec 13, 12:26 am, "dabro...@indiana.edu" <dabro...@indiana.edu> wrote: > How do I tell Mathematica to stop asking me if I want to "Disable > Dynamic Updating"? It's really getting on my nerves. As is stated in the dialog you mention, edit the values of the TrustedPath and/or UntrustedPath options in the Preferences dialog. Though before doing so, please take a moment to consider the security implications. ...

interrupt disabling question
Pardon me for being paranoid and uncertain. move #$4000,intena+custom # disable interrupts inst1 inst2 move #$c000,intena+custom # enable interrupts Is it possible that a maskable interrupt happens between inst1 and inst2? On 68000 I would be fairly confident to say 'no'. But how is it on 68060? As a paranoid person I might put a few 'nops' after disabling interrupts. This is not a practical problem for me since I'm coding for UAE, and I know how UAE operates. Just curious. -- Heikki Orsila There has yet to be any innovation, new heikki.orsila@e...

Disabling Buttons?
How can I disable a button once it has been clicked? I want to prevent the user from clicking on it twice if they have a slow connection. Thanks... Ralph Freshour wrote: > How can I disable a button once it has been clicked? I want to prevent > the user from clicking on it twice if they have a slow connection. > > Thanks... <input type="button" value="Please click me" class="button" onclick="return singleClick(this, 'Please wait...');" /> <script type="text/javascript"> function singleClick(b, s) { // m...

Disable "Press any key to continue..."
Hello group! I'm trying to find a way to disable the message "Press any key to continue..." in a Universe NT system. The messsage is displayed in a BASIC program. I have tried CRT @(0) in various places in the program, but no luck. I can't use NOPAGE becasue it is not a LIST or SORT. Here is a sample of the program HEADER := \PART NUMBER DESCRIPTION'L'\ HEADER := \--------------------------------- -- ----------\ HEADING HEADER **** Here is BASIC commands with CRT functions. The TERM command controls the page break and the heading. *** I'm l...

Forth as a polarising language, colorForth, and a block based VCS
Hi Paul (Rubin), I have just discovered how to find an old post in the new Google Groups... > Howerd <how...@yahoo.co.uk> writes: > > Agreed. I would like to add a sharing and version control system into > > the language ( colorForth , of course ;-) > This would be awesome, a distributed VCS for block-based programs ;-). I am stuck on how to present the choices to the user - a sort of 4 or 5 dim= ensional Windows Explorer - any ideas welcome... > > mentioning Forth in a work context in England often produces an > > over-the-top negative reac...

Web-based online forums at the SunShack site now operating! (fwd)
Hi everyone, For all of you who have a keen interest in discussing anything relating to Sun Microsystems hardware, software and other related Sun and non-Sun hardware and software products, the SunShack at "http://www.sunshack.org" is proud to announce the availability of web-based online forums which are open for everyone to use. You can go direct to the forum index at "http://www.sunshack.org/phpBB2" and explore the forums that way, or you can use the new Online Forum Entry page at "http://www.sunshack.org/forums.html" if you'd like a SunShack...

base widget resize event
Hi, guys I notice that base widget generates the resize event only when I release the button, this is so not smooth. Is it possible to detect the base resize event in real-time? If yes, how? =?GB2312?B?0rC61w==?= writes: > I notice that base widget generates the resize event only when I > release the button, this is so not smooth. Is it possible to detect > the base resize event in real-time? If yes, how? On Windows systems, you turn on the Show Window Contents While Dragging option from the Display Properties -> Appearance -> Effects dialog. There is probably so...

data bases
Hi, I've really a small problem here. People ask me more and more for flexible HTML pages with data sheet - means it works with data bases. The point is much people don't like pages which requires a lot of resources and equipment. They want to have their sites FAST and in a CLEAR WAY without any "this page is optimised or just for the MS Internet explorer #?!*/*", "Javascript required" and so on, and so on. My provider provides MySQL - but as far as I know MySQL isn't available for RISC OS. The point is I like to test the web sites at home before transfering t...

disable index without asterisks in \section commands
Hi, does anyone know whether there's any way to avoid \section (\subsection and so on) appearing in the document index ? I rather don't use \section*{} because I'm referencing documents that I use in other places and I need it to have the section numbering. What I'd like is that if I have a file a.tex: % a.tex ------------------ \section{My Section} % 1. \subsection{My Subsection} % 1.1 ... % ------------------------ I'd like to use it in b.tex without interfering the index % b.tex ------------------ \makeindex .... \input{a} % ------...

Disabling password
My old computer has been passed along to my wife. When I had it, I put in a password on my account. I want to take that off (while retaining the Admin password). I did system pref->security and unchecked require password. Yet it is still asking for it. Did I miss something? Kurt -- America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."-- Claire Wolfe In article <h-udnRkEKuD70xzNnZ2dnUVZ_rqXnZ2d@earthlink.com>, Kurt Ullman <kurtullman@yahoo.com> wrote: > My old computer has been passed alo...

Casting to base class
Hey guys, quick question about how C++ designers chose to not implement this, I'm sure there are some people here who can take a better guess at it than I. So, in C++, the only way to prevent typecasting to a base class is by having private inheritance (correct?). However, this prevents one from doing 2 very important things: Example #1: Allow conversion from child -> grandparent, but NOT child -> parent. Say we have a class structure such as this: class AbstractionLayer {}; class FunctionalityLayer : protectected AbstractionLayer {}; template <typename _T> class TypesafeLa...

How to disable?
I am using gnome-terminal. In that I doesn't want to update the logins when I open a new one. For example after opening a terminal, edit the current profile. In the titles and commands tab there is one option called update logins when command is launched. If I disable that my login in masked from the w and who command. What I need is instead of setting like this when I type gnome-terminal I doesn't want to update logins? Is there any options? ...

uhub0: device problem, disabling port n
Hey, I'm running OpenBSD 3.6, GENERIC, on a very old pc. I've attached a USB controller on PCI, which is being detected without any problems. See dmesg: #v+ .... ohci0 at pci0 dev 3 function 0 "Opti 82C861" rev 0x10: irq 11, version 1.0, legacy support usb0 at ohci0: USB revision 1.0 uhub0: Otpti OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1 uhub0: 2 ports with 2 removable, self powered rl0 at pci0 dev 4 function 0 "Realtek 8139" rev 0x10: irq 11 address 00:50:.. .... #v- (See that both rhe rl0 and ohci0 irq == 11?) The problem is, whatever d...

base pkg on ActiveState
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C3C529.D0B377AF Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I've been using my PC more and more lately so I decided to go ahead and sync my perl install with what I have installed on my Solaris box. I went and installed 8.2 trough active state, so far so good. I went to install Tk and ppm3 can not find the base package? I installed tk using ppm a few years back on a colleagues pc and had no problems doing a "ppm install Tk". I did a search...

Hand coded Tree Expanding & Contracting Programmatically
Hi all I have a hand coded tree control does anyone know how to expand & contract sections in code without having to delete or insert whole chucks of the queue. TIA Ian, You might want to consider Russ Eggen's book. One of the main examples in the book is a hand coded tree using a class and template. It has all of these features. HTH's Michael Gould "Ian Holdsworth" <ian.holdsworth@Kissmyfurryarsespammersram-ltd.co.uk> wrote in message news:A921.1068029187.60@discuss.softvelocity.com... > Hi all > > I have a hand coded tree control does anyone...

Disabled mail function workaround?
Hi! I have been asked to add some functionality to an existing web site. The user would like to have a form that would email them the results of the form. Really easy stuff to do, usually. I tried to run the enhancements, and did not get the results I wanted, either with writing the results to a log file on the server, nor in sending the email. In doing further research, I see that the site is being hosted on a windows server, and that the php appears to have a bunch of functions disabled, when I run phpinfo. One of the many that are disabled is mail, so I'm kind of stuck. ...

Disabling bootparamd on Solaris 9
Hello all, We were going through one Security Checklist, and it said that the bootparamd service should be disabled. In Sol 9, this service isnot part of inetd.conf. Since we don't wan t diskless booting, we can disable the service. But we are not sure how to disable the service. I think there is some startup script in rc*.d dir. But I am not sure which one is it. Also it would be of great help, if someone can say how to disable the service Best REgards, Pradeep "pradeep" <xxx@xxx.com> writes: > Since we don't wan t diskless booting, we can disable the service. B...

HOW2 hack Win-based pubic inet?
Obviously all internet-cafes are Win-based. I want to not 'browse', but to quickly fetch a number of http-pages, who's URLs are listed in a file, like I do with linux, using lynx. lynx also exists for DOS -- and perhaps WIN too? The last internet-cafe that I visited, I couldn't even [see how to] save my gmail to my USBstik, directly from WIN-IE; because much of the system was 'disabled' and I had to use 'notebook' to cut and paste limited-sized pieces. It's understandable that writing to the system's hard-disk is 'barred'; but is it possible...

Disabling shell expansion
Howdy -- I would like to be able to mail various syslog messages that contain all sorts of shell expansion characters ( \ ' " ` ) etc.. Right now I use: echo "$0" | mail -s "whatver " whoever@wherever.com if I use single quotes then other single quotes in the message end the echo, and things get screwed up. If I use double quotes it tries to expand math equations. Is there way to pass arguments to mail without doing ANY shell expansion? I'm not married to using echo, I'm just using it because thats what I've always used. For reference, here are...

a way to disable this feature,in wins 2000 pro services ?
Have problem trying to configure modem: On Toshiba laptop 4060XCDT When I try to configure it,it wants to dial out to Microsoft 800 number,for help configuring, then it refuses any other input I assume the former owner installed it that way(from Germany) But I cannot access those numbers from where I live,they are blocked (,offshore caribbean),is there a way to disable this feature,in wins 2000 pro services ? ...

PCBs available for home brew Z8S180 based CP/M computer
Hi! Good news! I ordered a batch of the N8 PCBs. The N8 is a group projec= t design from the N8VEM home brew computing project. I received some quest= ions about the N8 so I am sending this bit of background on the project. The N8 project is on the N8VEM wiki and mailing list. I had previously offe= red the PCBs there and here on VCF directly to builders. However now I am a= lso putting them up on VCGM to help get the word out a little better. The N8 is intended to be a "home brew" style computer in the style of early= 1980's all-in-one home computers with a usable...

KDE multihead disable
Hi, How does one stop KDE from grabbing all the screens in a multihead setup? I would like to restrict KDE to screen :0.0 (i.e make it behave as if there was only a single screen) and leave screen :0.1 available for other applications. There appears to be a KDE_MULTIHEAD env variable, but is it used at all? If yes, then where is it set and which parts of KDE will reference it? My setup: Mandrake 9.2, XFree86 3.4.0, KDE 3.1.3. Thanks John ---- L a c z i k @ e n g . o x . a c . u k ...

Best Home Base Work #2
"I can teach anyone how to get what they want out of life. The problem is I can't find anybody who can tell me what they want." -- Mark Twain "Today people in America can become whatever they want. Trouble is most don't know what they want." -- Earl Nightingale What do you want? Are you sick of the rat race? Are you tired of having someone else tell you what they think you're worth? Would you rather work from home, set you own hours, and pay yourself what you're really worth? We found the Perfect Home-based Business where you can work from home, set your ...

Need NFS-based Linux installation for Wallstreet PowerBook
Hi, I'm trying to set up a "demo" Linux installation on my wife's Wallstreet Powerbook, in an attempt to persuade her that she'd be much better off with Linux/KDE than with MacOS 9. I need to do this without affecting her MacOS 9 setup -- I won't go into what she will do to me if I fail in this regard. So what I'm thinking (and am hoping someone can tell me how to achieve) is: 1. Boot using BootX (since it's OldWorld) 2. Somehow have a small boot "partition" somewhere on the hard disk, containing the kernel etc. 3. Mount everything else via NF...