How to disable the hand-based zoom in?

Some documents have the little hand with a arrow that disappears when
the hand is near the edge on the page.

I find that feature extremely annoying. Is there any way to remove the
zooming arrow? I just want to use the hand to drag the page around.

TIA,

-Ramon

0
ramon (1518)
2/22/2007 6:40:50 AM
comp.text.pdf 5596 articles. 0 followers. ramon (1518) is leader. Post Follow

Ramon,

You wrote:
> Some documents have the little hand with a arrow that disappears when
> the hand is near the edge on the page.
> I find that feature extremely annoying. Is there any way to remove the
> zooming arrow? I just want to use the hand to drag the page around.

Article threads present in PDFs are often problematic; many FrameMaker
documents converted to PDFs have articles by default (and not because the
document producers specifically thought this feature would be useful)  [see
http://www.microtype.com/hmmms.html#0406 ]

-- In Acrobat/Reader 8.0, Preferences, General, Basic Tools, you can turn
off the "Make Hand tool read articles" option.

-- If you have editing permission for the PDF, you may also simply delete
the entire article thread (after selecting it with the Article tool).

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
TimeSavers/Assistants
FM-to-PDF Assistants: Navigation, Form, Presentation, Multimedia & 3D

0
Shlomo