Is there a pdf viewer that can show 2 pages simultaneously in the full screen mode?

Acrobat's full screen mode can only show a single page. I'm wondering
if there is a pdf viewer that can show 2 pages simultaneously in the
full screen mode.

Regards,
Peng
0
pengyu.ut (763)
10/10/2009 1:17:00 AM
comp.text.pdf 5583 articles. 0 followers. ramon (1518) is leader. Post Follow

PDF-XChange View can show the entire file no matter how many pages on a
single screen showing if wanted.

http://www.docu-track.com/downloads/users/

--
Don - PDF-XChange Pro�/PDF-XChange Viewer Pro�
Vancouver, USA

"Peng Yu" <pengyu.ut@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Acrobat's full screen mode can only show a single page. I'm wondering
> if there is a pdf viewer that can show 2 pages simultaneously in the
> full screen mode.
>
> Regards,
> Peng

0
Don

In order to 'simulate' full screen mode, you could also resize the
window accordingly. Under Linux this can be accomplished using "wmctrl"
as follows (the values are for a dual screen configuration in portrait
mode using Adobe Reader 9.1.3, but you get the idea):

wmctrl -r "Adobe Reader" -e 0,-45,-82,2107,1335
(the toolbar should still be visible; use F8 to hide/display it)

You may want to make sure that you're able to programmatically
resize/close the window again, so e.g. leave open a terminal window and
switch between your applications using ALT+TAB. ;)

Ad astra, Markus

Peng Yu wrote:
> Acrobat's full screen mode can only show a single page. I'm wondering
> if there is a pdf viewer that can show 2 pages simultaneously in the
> full screen mode.
0
Markus
10/10/2009 12:44:53 PM
In article
<32780eff-1e32-411c-b65c-36277ba7d8c2@v36g2000yqv.googlegroups.com>,
 Peng Yu <pengyu.ut@gmail.com> wrote:

> Acrobat's full screen mode can only show a single page. I'm wondering
> if there is a pdf viewer that can show 2 pages simultaneously in the
> full screen mode.
>
> Regards,
> Peng

And I'm still wondering if Acrobat's display of two pages simultaneously
side by side in the ordinary Acrobat window can be tweaked so that the
displayed pages increment or decrement _one_ page at a time, instead of
jumping forward by two pages in response to the Page Down key or other
input commands.
0
AES

Graphical PDF Output
Is anybody successful generating graphical PDF files on the OS/390 platform? Any help, leads or suggestions would be appreciated. I have a program that uses PROC CAPABILITY to generate histograms and then dumps the graphics to the printer. Any idea to how to save/email as a PDF file to view on the PC? Here's the SAS log: NOTE: Copyright (c) 1999-2001 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. NOTE: SAS (r) Proprietary Software Release 8.2 (TS2M0) Licensed to IBM/AK STEEL CORPORATION, Site 0000000000. NOTE: This session is executing on the OS/390 V02R10M00 platform. NOTE: Running o...

Where can I find to download
Hi, Can I anywhere find new visual basic (full version) for free download. I would use it for education purpose. thanks On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 18:39:33 +0100, "ANSWER" <rs@blic.net> wrote: >Can I anywhere find new visual basic (full version) for free download. I >would use it for education purpose. No one works for free, not even for students. The legal versions that Microsoft provides for students is not a (full version). Pay Microsoft for a legal license, or pay someone who has - don't steal their work without compensating them for it fairly. C...

enum 0.2: Enumerations in Python
Howdy all, I've uploaded enum 0.2 to the Cheeseshop. The main change is that enumeration values now export their enumtype, index, and key (the things that define each value) as attributes. Thanks to Bengt for making a convincing case in favour of this. So now it's easier to ask an enumeration value about itself: >>> from enum import Enum >>> Weekdays = Enum('sun', 'mon', 'tue', 'wed', 'thu', 'fri', 'sat') >>> print [str(v) for v in Weekdays] ['sun', 'mon', 'tue...

ei systems screen
Hi,i am looking for a replacement scvreen for an ei systems 3001 laptop,part no toppoly td141tgcd1 at a reasonable cost can anyone help? ...

How can a routine read the rows of a txt file?
I have a txt file with two collums X Y, i have also an algorithm which i want to read the coordinates,how can i set the program to determine which is X1,X2,..etc and Y1,Y2,...etc. The algorithm is X'1=X1 X'2=Xk+1 .. .. X'N=X(N-1)k+1 The same with the Y N is the the number of the X in the txt K is variable that i import at the beginning Do you understand?Can anyone help me?Thanks Anestis wrote: > > > < SNIP ... problem > Do you understand? Sorry but no. > Can anyone help me?Thanks Please restate your question. What exactly are you having problems with, etc. Jo...

PDF versions of PHP books?
Are they pretty much the same as the hardcopy versions of the same books? Anything different about pdf ones vs. hardcopy ones? Thanks. On Jul 13, 4:58 pm, icanl...@yahoo.com wrote: > Are they pretty much the same as the hardcopy versions of the same > books? > Anything different about pdf ones vs. hardcopy ones? Thanks. Some of the OReilly books are available on CD in HTM, like Programming PHP. On Jul 13, 6:58=A0pm, icanl...@yahoo.com wrote: > Are they pretty much the same as the hardcopy versions of the same > books? > Anything different about pdf ones vs. hardcopy ones? ...

USB 2.0 Experiences
I'm about to design a peripheral that needs a guaranteed feed of data at about 50 MBits/sec from a PC. USB 2.0 looks like a contender, so let's assume we go that way. We do not want to have much intelligence in the peripheral. Basically, it just needs to act as a window onto some hardware registers, and set up the data transfers. What is the longest interruption of USB data transfers we are likely to see? The peripheral is like a printer that cannot do start/stop so the data stream must keep up with it. That will determine the amount of buffering. Given we probably need multiple ...

can't open my file after saving.using labview 8.2.1
Hi there, after saving my program, i can't access/ or open my program again, but my subVI can be open, this puzzled me. Can anyone help me with this. i have attach the program,. it also prompt me (this resource you are attempting to open was created in a more recent version of labview and is incompatible with this version). And my Uni is using labview version 8.2.1, no other version.thanks alot &nbsp; Regards:MKK cyclodrive combination programme.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/294813/1/cyclodrive combination programme.vi I can't open it either... You should always ke...

Does Real-Time Workshop support Variable-Step stiff solvers?! #2
Hello everybody, I am trying to get an executable out of a thermal network simulation implemented in Simulink. The simulation has stiff equations, thus it runs fast only when I use variable-step stiff solvers. I have tried several times to get an exe simulation with acceptable run times and in vain. Neither the Rapid Simulation Targe, rsim_tlc with Variable-Step and Fixed-Step, nor rtw_tlc did not exported a favorable .exe simulation. As a variable step solver, I have setted the stiff solver ode15s or ode23s. Both of them perfom fast within the Simulink simulation, but thats not the case by ...

Re: ERROR: Utility file write failed. Probable disk full conditio #2
I am using only the required variables .. my final file after doing the SQL will have Acc_no JAN_amt ... Jun_amt Jan_cnt ... june_cnt apon aggregating.. ...

Can't see my replies..
I'm trying reply to a message but i can see the replies. I'm doing that (it's anything wrong?): When i'm on the message windows i click the second tip, one with this URL: http://webnews.kornet.net/reply.cgi?group=comp.sys.hp48&msgid=156111 then, i get a window like this with RE:suject and all i write my reply and make click in first click, who has this: javascript:checkForm(document.replyform); Then i see my message but when i go to the general list can't see it.. What is the problem? -------------- ���ͳ� ī������ KORNET ------------- ...

HTTP::Request::Form
Greetings, I'm having trouble "pressing" a Form button of type=image using HTTP::Request:Form and HTML::Treebuilder. I can retrieve, parse a document and fill in fileds fine in the form, but I'm confused on the syntax of the press method when the input object is type=image and has no name associated with it. All attempts so far indicate that I am specifying the image to press incorrectly. The HTTP::Request:Form doc states the following related to pressing a form button - "press([$name [, $coord ] [, $number]]) .. .. The "coord" parameter comes in handy if y...

Stronghold 2 #4
If I have a stone/iron mine I have to have an ox guy to haul it. If I place 2 ox guys can I double production because of the lack of travel time? Thanks Bob bob wrote: > If I have a stone/iron mine I have to have an ox guy to haul it. If I place > 2 ox guys can I double production because of the lack of travel time? > > Thanks > Bob Yes and no. The mine cuts a set level of stone, adding more Ox carts means you haul more stone to your stockpile faster. You will get to a point where adding more Ox carts wont increase the transport times because the mine is...

Can I write text to a notepad and save the file through ruby
Hi, After invoking notepad through ruby, I wanted to know if I could type some text in that notepad (which was just invoked using `notepad`) and save it using a ruby code. Can anyone please help me with the ruby code in this regard? Thanks, Anukul -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. Anukul Singhal wrote: > Hi, > > After invoking notepad through ruby, I wanted to know if I could type > some text in that notepad (which was just invoked using `notepad`) and > save it using a ruby code. > > Can anyone please help me with the ruby code in this regard? > Look ...

Dynamic PDF output
Hi, On my site, I would like to provide a feature that allows content (in this case articles or forum topics) to be exported as a PDF file. So far, I am planning to do this by first translating the html content into LaTeX and then using pdflatex (with a system() command) to create the pdf. But I don't like the fact that I need to use temp files for this - pdflatex will only work with input and output files, which means I have to create the .tex file, run pdflatex, then read and print the .pdf file and delete both. Do you know of anything that would allow me to print the pdf output dire...

Artificial Intelligence FAQ:2/6 Newsgroups and Mailing Lists [Monthly posting] #2 #4
Archive-name: ai-faq/general/part2 Posting-Frequency: monthly Version: 2.1 Maintainer: Ric Crabbe <crabbe@usna.edu> and Amit Dubey <adubey@coli.uni-sb.de> URL: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/ai-faq/general/part2/preamble.html Size: 69914 bytes, 1790 lines ;;; **************************************************************** ;;; Answers to Questions about Artificial Intelligence ************* ;;; **************************************************************** ;;; Written by Amit Dubey, Ric Crabbe and Mark Kantrowitz ;;; ai_2.faq Part 2 (AI-related Newsgroups and Mailing Lists): List ...

US-MD: Abingdon-Sharepoint Developer #2
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is the largest regional job board in the Mid-Atlantic region, with tens of thousands of job offerings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, and Washington D.C. To learn more, visit http://www.jobcircle.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Sharepoint Developer Job Location: MD: Abingdon Pay Rate: Open Job Length: full time Start Date: 2009-02-13 Company Name: SAIC Contact: HR Phone: email only please Fax: email only please Description: ...

Problems with PDF created by PDF-Xchange
When I open a PDF created by PDF-Xchange with Adobe Acrobat 4.0 I have several problems with fonts. First time I opened the Fonts information window I found there's font (for instance ArialTrueType) not embeded. Then I navigated the entire document and after I reopened the Font information window I have found out that the font is now embeded (?)and its visualisation in the text of the PDF is overlapping (???). Can anybody help me please? Thank you very much! "raffaella" <a_raffaella@libero.it> wrote: >When I open a PDF created by PDF-Xchange with Adobe Acrobat 4.0 I ...

What is the reason why an interface method can not be static nor sychronized?
Reasons? thanks Zhao Zhao wrote: > Reasons? Synchronization is an implementation detail and thus has no place in an interface definition. Static methods are bound at compile time (not sure why, but there are probably good reasons) and thus make no sense in an interface. Hello! Interfaces are generally used to pass around references to object instances without having to know their actual type (class). Static methods belong to the class itself, not to a particular object instantiated from it, so there is no reason to have this in an interface. The need for synchronisation depends on...

Solution[[1,1,2]] Brackets
Let me know if it is appropriate for posting. I have been trying to figure out what is inside the solution[1,1,2]. For the problem below. For example, solution=DSolve[{n'[t]==kn[t], n[1]=500}, n[t],t] population[t_]=solution[[1,1,2]] I gather that the first item of the solution[[1,1,2]] is for the first and only curly item:{n't[t]==kn[t],n[1]=500}. I assume the second item of solution[[1,1,2] is the first subitem of the first curly bracket. The third item of solution [[1,1,2]] which is two suppose to be for 2nd item of the first curly brackets. But it appears to be ...

Re: Microsoft Kills Off 'My Private Folder' Application #2
> Right now there are 5 instances of svchost running on my computer. I > have no idea what any of them are doing ot what started them. Try the free utility "Process Explorer" from http://www.sysinternals.com. It will show what started the instances of svchost on your machine. ...

Python 2.2 code continues running before list comprehension is completed?
Hi. I've made a program that logs onto a telnet server, enters a command, and then creates a list of useful information out of the information that is dumped to the screen as a result of the command. Here's a generic version of the code in question: ##### # Prior code opens telnet connection "tn" and logs in. tn.read_until('> ') tn.write('THE COMMAND IS HERE\n') dump = tn.read_very_eager() dump_lines = dump.split('\n') dump_info = [x for x in dump_lines if (VARIOUS CONDITIONS ON x)] # string1 and string2 are strings that are known to # always a...

Error Mediator 4.2.4.1, MySQL 5.0.37 Windows XP utf8
When I try the test program with Mediator for MySQL, I receive: Server Error ([MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.0.37-community-nt-log]Incorrect string value: '\x80' for column 'chr_val' at row 1) What can I do to solve this? JC wrote: > When I try the test program with Mediator for MySQL, I receive: > Server Error ([MySQL][ODBC 3.51 > Driver][mysqld-5.0.37-community-nt-log]Incorrect string value: '\x80' > for column 'chr_val' at row 1) > What can I do to solve this? The complete error is: Error SRV/1401 Server Error ([MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driv...

Can't find in docs bash set -x what in csh
In a bash shell I can do a set -x to see everything as is happens for debugging purposes. What is the equivelent in csh? I've used if before but cannot find where I used it or find it in any of my books -- ___ _ ____ ___ __ __ / _ )(_) / /_ __ / _ \___ _/ /_/ /____ ___ / _ / / / / // / / ___/ _ `/ __/ __/ _ \/ _ \ /____/_/_/_/\_, / /_/ \_,_/\__/\__/\___/_//_/ /___/ Texas Instruments ASIC Circuit Design Methodlogy Group Dallas, Texas, 214-480-4455, b-patton@ti.com 2004-09-03, 10:12(-05), Billy N. Patton: > In a bash shell I can do a set -x >...

Two Questions #2
Just a beginner here, so take it easy, please: 1) I have a small application that has a lot of data. The GUI got quite large so I decided to break it up into pages (5 in total). I set up a JFrame and embedded 6 JLayeredPanes, one for each of the pages and one with a Table of Contents to control the other 5. At present, I have the five pages always colocated in the GUI and use setVisible to turn on the correct one. Another alternative (and easier to edit in the IDE) is to not colocate the pages, but to move them to the colocated position in the GUI before ma...