Is there a pdf viewer that can show 2 pages simultaneously in the full screen mode?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Acrobat's full screen mode can only show a single page. I'm wondering
if there is a pdf viewer that can show 2 pages simultaneously in the
full screen mode.

Regards,
Peng
0
Reply pengyu.ut (763) 10/10/2009 1:17:00 AM

See related articles to this posting

PDF-XChange View can show the entire file no matter how many pages on a
single screen showing if wanted.

http://www.docu-track.com/downloads/users/

--
Don - PDF-XChange Pro�/PDF-XChange Viewer Pro�
Vancouver, USA

"Peng Yu" <pengyu.ut@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Acrobat's full screen mode can only show a single page. I'm wondering
> if there is a pdf viewer that can show 2 pages simultaneously in the
> full screen mode.
>
> Regards,
> Peng

0
Reply Don 10/10/2009 1:53:01 AM

Hi,

In order to 'simulate' full screen mode, you could also resize the
window accordingly. Under Linux this can be accomplished using "wmctrl"
as follows (the values are for a dual screen configuration in portrait
mode using Adobe Reader 9.1.3, but you get the idea):

wmctrl -r "Adobe Reader" -e 0,-45,-82,2107,1335
(the toolbar should still be visible; use F8 to hide/display it)

You may want to make sure that you're able to programmatically
resize/close the window again, so e.g. leave open a terminal window and
switch between your applications using ALT+TAB. ;)

Ad astra, Markus

Peng Yu wrote:
> Acrobat's full screen mode can only show a single page. I'm wondering
> if there is a pdf viewer that can show 2 pages simultaneously in the
> full screen mode.
0
Reply Markus 10/10/2009 12:44:53 PM

In article
<32780eff-1e32-411c-b65c-36277ba7d8c2@v36g2000yqv.googlegroups.com>,
 Peng Yu <pengyu.ut@gmail.com> wrote:

> Acrobat's full screen mode can only show a single page. I'm wondering
> if there is a pdf viewer that can show 2 pages simultaneously in the
> full screen mode.
>
> Regards,
> Peng

And I'm still wondering if Acrobat's display of two pages simultaneously
side by side in the ordinary Acrobat window can be tweaked so that the
displayed pages increment or decrement _one_ page at a time, instead of
jumping forward by two pages in response to the Page Down key or other
input commands.
0
Reply AES 10/10/2009 2:40:03 PM
comp.text.pdf 5550 articles. 36 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Can wxHTML show .PDF pages? #2
Not the neatest solution but you can always wxExecute() acrobat. On windows there is a trick to start a shell with "run the command associated with this filename" But I can't remember it. --------------------------------------------- Dr Martin Beckett www.datactics.co.uk Innovations in Data Matching --------------------------------------------------------------------- Please read http://www.wxwindows.org/mlhowto.htm before posting. To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwindows.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwindows.org...

Problem in Full screen mode(while showing Joptionpane message dialog) #2
During Full screen mode, When i am displaying a JOptionPane.showMessageDialog using JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, msg, "Error",JOptionPane_ERROR_MESSAGE); then it hangs and dialog goes below the main frame. Is there any solution to avoid this so that it will come in top of the frame. In normal it is working but in full screen mode it creates problem. Regards Asit On 25 Jul 2003 06:02:27 -0700, hi_asit@rediffmail.com (Asit) wrote or quoted : > it hangs and dialog goes below the main frame. By this you mean the app freezes and the dialog box is hidden underneath the mai...

Full screen mode #2
i worked and compiled programs in code::blocks. These .exe's do not have full screen modes in them! how do i get them to work full screen?even properties of these exe's do not have full screen modes in them. (right click -> properties). what do i do to enable full screen? MC felon wrote: > i worked and compiled programs in code::blocks. These .exe's do not > have full screen modes in them! > how do i get them to work full screen?even properties of these exe's > do not have full screen modes in them. (right click -> properties). > what do i do to enable fu...

Can wxHTML show .PDF pages?
If I have a URL that points to a .PDF file, is there any way that I can get wxWindows/wxHTML to open up Acrobat reader to render the .PDF file? --------------------------------------------------------------------- Please read http://www.wxwindows.org/mlhowto.htm before posting. To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwindows.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwindows.org ...

Annotating PDF files in full screen mode
Hi everybody! I would like to add a freehand note on my pdf presentation during the talk. Is it possible to have this ? I can't get the Acroread Pencil Tool working in full screen mode. Any hint ? Many thanks for your help. Bruno Carpentieri carpenti@cerfacs.fr Sorry, I have found a solution. For those of you who are interested, you just have to select "Use Single-Key Accelerators to Access Tools options" in the General panel of the Preferences dialog box, and then press N when you are in full screen mode. Best, Bruno Bruno Carpentieri wrote: > Hi everybody! > ...

rdesktop full screen mode
Hello! I'm using RedHat 8.0 and gnome. To access Windows, I use rdesktop. rdesktop 192.168.0.xxx -> 800*600 rdesktop -f 192.168.0.xxx -> 1024*768 I prefer full screen mode. However, I don't know how to switch to another application without disconnecting it. I tried many key combinations. And they didn't work. Anybody knows how? Thanks in advance. Sam ...

Problem in Full screen mode(while showing Joptionpane message dialog)
During Full screen mode, When i am displaying a JOptionPane.showMessageDialog using JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, msg, "Error",JOptionPane_ERROR_MESSAGE); then it hangs and dialog goes below the main frame. Is there any solution to avoid this so that it will come in top of the frame. In normal it is working but in full screen mode it creates problem. Regards Asit On 25 Jul 2003 06:02:12 -0700, Asit <hi_asit@rediffmail.com> wrote: > During Full screen mode, When i am displaying a JOptionPane.showMessageDialog using > JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, msg, &quo...

Modal dialogs don't paint in full screen mode #2
[I searched Google Groups and received a result with the same title; however, the result couldn't be found.] I am working on a tile-based game with a group for class. It is a SimCity style game, except called SimUniversity. It works completely well without any screen modification, but I want to enhance it by setting fullscreen and changing the DisplayMode, allowing a customized playing environment (make for easier map scrolling, too). I have the code that does this in a class of it's own and I call [FullScreen fs = new Fullscreen(mainFrame);] where mainFrame is the parent frame/win...

Hyperlinking to a page in full-page mode
I like to have a hyperlink to a specific page in the document which displays the full page when clicked. I know I can use `hyperref` with the 'pageanchor' option (already enabled by default) and then `\hyperlink{page.5}{Link to page 5}` to link to e.g. page 5 (logical page 5 not the physical one). However this jumps to the page anchor at the top left of the page and still uses the current zoom level. Some other similar commands like `\href` or `\bookmark` ('bookmark' package) support the `page` option which links to the page itself (using absolute page numbers starting from 1...

PDF file defeats 2 out of 3 PDF viewers.
Hello all, I have received a pdf file which RiScript (v5.02) and GView (v1.51) won't open, but Colin Granville's !PDF will. RiScript gives an error message from "PDFront": "GhostScriptError: undefined; OffendingCommand: filter" . GView gives a GhostScript output window with content starting with "Error: /undefined in --filter-- Operand stack: " continuing with lines "-nostringval-- ........" "Dictionary stack: ............." and ending "Current allocation mode is local AFPL Ghostscript 7.03: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1&q...

Items in Browse mode not showing in preview mode or PDF output
Hi I am using Filemaker Pro 9 on a mac running 10.5.6. I have created a sales order processing system including invoicing which has been working fine. Recently, I have some customers that require discounts taken off the total order and created all the necessary fields to perform this. The calculations work perfectly and display correctly in browse mode. However, when I enter preview mode or produce the invoice as a PDF the discount % and discount amount appear as 0. Even though the rest of the calculation is correct (total amount includes the discount). Is there a reason why these newly ins...

PDF-XChange PDF Viewer
Hi to all, Pleased to advise all those who have registered to take part in the beta testing of our PDF viewer, Beta 3 has now been sent out - should anyone who has registered not receive their info to download etc - by email, please do let me know and I will correct the situation ASAP. Many thanks -- Best Regards John Verbeeten Tracker Software Products PDF-XChange & SDK, PDF-XChange Viewer; PDF-Tools & SDK, Image-XChange SDK, TIFF-XChange & SDK, Raster-XChange. Email : johnV@docu-track.com Support: http://www.docu-track.com/forum/index.php Web site : http://www.docu-track.co...

2 screens open in dev mode when I open one screen
I have an application that used to work properly, then somehow, LabVIEW just seemed to change the way it was working.&nbsp; I have written an application that opens a main screen.&nbsp; This is called "mainscreen.vi".&nbsp; Inside the main screen vi, when it runs, it opens another vi, called "setup.vi".&nbsp; The problem I have is that when I first launch LabVIEW, then open "mainscreen.vi", "setup.vi" also opens right along with it.&nbsp; These vi's are not running upon opening.&nbsp; Both are in dev mode and are not running a...

can't use 2 USB ports simultaneously #2
on a dell PC using win98 - cannot use both USB ports at the same time. - tried changing bios, downloading drivers (for new device (Logitech quickcam) Blue screen with error message 0028:Ci45F45E VSD in sym(NDIS( 01) and 000033OE when inserting device into second port any suggestions? Gil "Gil" <sgilson@optonline.net> wrote in message news:<rfodc.19932$Po2.7712756@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>... > on a dell PC using win98 - cannot use both USB ports at the > same time. - tried changing bios, downloading drivers (for > new device (Logitech quickca...

latex / beamer : how to make full-page / full-screen centered image
Hello. I would like to have a series of frames in beamer which are just full-screen (max aspect) centered images. Can you suggest a reference or method for this? It seems like it should be an easy definition, like \newcommand{\fullpageimage}[1]{ \setbeamertemplate{background canvas}{\centering\includegraphics[width= \paperwidth,height=\paperheight,keepaspectratio]{{#1}}} \begin{frame}[plain]{}\end{frame} } But the centering does not work here, and so the image is not centered. On Nov 21, 4:28=A0pm, C Barrington-Leigh <cpblPub...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello. I would like to have a...

need to get only page#1,2,3 from a 30 page pdf file
hi all, is there any way that i can make a pdf file which will have only page 1 ,2 ,3 from a 30 page pdf file?Because my clients need only the 1st 3 pages of that 30 pagess of pdf documents. any help will be appriciated. i am using adobe acrobate 6 standerd. I am not familiar with Acrobat Standard but with Acrobat 5.0 it is a simple job. In the tool bar, go to Document ==> extract pages and then ==> Save as Try http://www.lowagie.com/iText/itext.jnlp Tools->Manipulate->SelectedPages mohammad.munir@gmail.com schrieb: > hi all, > > is there any way that i can make...

Animations inside pdf, movie15.sty, and pdf viewers
I have conflicting data on how easy it is to see animations in pdfs. My free physics text (beta test version from http://www.motionmountain.net ) has the following films (all included with movie15.sty via latex): Part1: page 114 spinning top, avi page 145 lunation, avi page 227 solition encounter, mpg page 234 dromion encounter, mpg page 252 leapfrogging vortex rings, mpg page 286 snowflake growing, quicktime Part 2: page 685 electromagnetic wave, 3 mpg films page 692 circularal polarization, mov page 698 oscillating charge, quicktime Part 4: page 972 rotating hydrogen orbital, mov page 10...

Re: If you can't run the show, get the show cancelled #2
Tom Brandt wrote: "That's odd. Didn't HP assure everyone that "it has not lost a single customer throughout this transition "? Did you actually see this written anywhere or did someone who works for HP tell you this? Just curious. Charles Finley Transformix Computer Corporation (760)-439-3146 -----Original Message----- From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [mailto:HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU]On Behalf Of Tom Brandt Sent: Saturday, November 01, 2003 6:57 AM To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU Subject: Re: If you can't run the show, get the show cancelled That&...

I would like to sell my web page
I do not want to cheat anybody. I'm a student from Czech republic and made that web page in my spare time. My web page GPCapitalGroup.com has spent about 100 hours and my direct costs reach approximatelly $150 only for buying webhosting and domain. In case, you would like to buy that web page with or without domain and webhosting, go to eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Net-Business-Turn-Your-Idea-into-Reality-and-Get-Rich_W0QQitemZ200117009340QQihZ010QQcategoryZ50972QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Mr George Pastor ...

Full screen mode
Does anyone know of a setting or switch to start SW in full-screen mode? I'm too lazy to hit F11 every time I start it up. TIA On Aug 2, 7:33 pm, Dale Dunn <daled...@atjamestool.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of a setting or switch to start SW in full-screen mode? > I'm too lazy to hit F11 every time I start it up. > > TIA You can try right clicking on the shortcut you use to start SolidWorks and select the "properties" option, then there is an option for what type of window to start the program in. It's on the "shortcut" tab on the screen...

Full screen #2
Hi, How can I get full screen application (without any bars - no maximize or minimize) ? Thanks Dear zeka: On May 1, 8:56=A0am, zeka <zeka...@eunet.yu> wrote: =2E.. > How can I get full screen application (without any > bars - no maximize or minimize) ? As long as you are not running on Vista, just <Alt>+<Enter>. Other methods are discussed at length in this newsgroup. Just search here using Google Groups for "full screen". David A. Smith On May 1, 6:09=A0pm, dlzc <dl...@cox.net> wrote: > Dear zeka: > > On May 1, 8:56=A0am, zeka <zek...

full screen mode
I upgraded my mother board and put in a PCI express video card . My newer software works great but when an older program trys to go into a graphics mode the screen goes blank and displays FULL SCREEN MODE NOT SUPPORTED. Is there a way around this? john holtrop wrote: > I upgraded my mother board and put in a PCI express video card . My > newer software works great but when an older program trys to go into a > graphics mode the screen goes blank and displays FULL SCREEN MODE NOT > SUPPORTED. Is there a way around this? I'm having the same trouble. I thought it was e...

Full Screen #2
Mathematica 6, Windows XP My notebook opens in a window, and I used F12 to toggle back and forth between the window and full screen. Today my notebook opened in full screen, and F12 won't restore the window. Is there a way to restore the window? John ...

Full screen mode