Is there any free pdf SDK or API I can use to convert picture or a html page to a pdf document programactically?

hi, guys

Is there any free pdf SDK or API I can use to convert picture or a html
page to a pdf document programactically? Basically, I want to create a
pdf document based on a html page or a picture and do some merge job in
code. But I could not find free api to do that. It will be great if
anyone can give me some light.

Thanks

0
nick_1394 (4)

Nick wrote:
> hi, guys
>
> Is there any free pdf SDK or API I can use to convert picture or a html
> page to a pdf document programactically? Basically, I want to create a
> pdf document based on a html page or a picture and do some merge job in
> code. But I could not find free api to do that. It will be great if
> anyone can give me some light.
>
> Thanks

Use html2ps (http://user.it.uu.se/~jan/html2ps.html) which can be
converted to PDF using the standard tools (eg ps2pdf).

///Peter
0
Peter

PDF PDF PDF
For anyone struggling to figure out how to create a PDF in SWX it's pretty simple but you may have to have the Bluebeam version of swx FIRST go to Tools>Options and check "Save as PDF" Then you can save them right from the save as dialog. Maybe I'm the only dumbass that could't figure that out! ;0) But it was in help under "PDF" An easier way is to download a program from www.pdf995.com that "prints" you files to a PDF foramat. This program works with SW and any other program you use to print with. "3d" <jmiller at marvelindustri...

How can I convert .txt to .pdf or .pdf to .pdf, controlling fonts?
I am trying to put some Quicken reports onto my iPhone, and I find the default .pdf print font is not clear enough. I'd like to try the Arial font (which I find to be the clearest of all fonts), but this involves either 1- converting the Quicken report .txt file to a .pdf, somehow, with control of the font, or 2- converting the Quicken report .pdf file from the default font to an Arial font .pdf and then moving the resulting .pdf to my iPhone. So far, I have failed. Does anyone know how to do this, either on a mac or on a pc? In article <4cdd4f7e$0$18655$c3e8da3$38634283@news.astraweb.com>, Gary <gary_w1@hotline.com> wrote: > I am trying to put some Quicken reports onto my iPhone, and I find > the default .pdf print font is not clear enough. I'd like to try the > Arial font (which I find to be the clearest of all fonts), but this > involves either > > 1- converting the Quicken report .txt file to a .pdf, somehow, with > control of the font, or > > 2- converting the Quicken report .pdf file from the default font to > an Arial font .pdf > > and then moving the resulting .pdf to my iPhone. > > So far, I have failed. Does anyone know how to do this, either on a > mac or on a pc? Open the file in Quicken. Use the Arial font in the size of your choice. Select "Print" and then click on the "PDF" button on the print dialog box. Se...

PDF Converter Mac
PDF Converter for Mac can help you: Convert PDF to Word Document (*.doc); Convert PDF to Excel spreadsheets (*.xls); Convert PDF to PowerPoint presentations (*.pptx); Convert PDF to EPUB eBooks (*.epub); Convert PDF to Text files (*.txt); Convert PDF to HTML pages (*.html); Print restricted PDF files; Resize images of PDF files; Edit PDF files in Microsoft Office; Share PDF files on internet easily; Change contents in any existing PDF files; Modify typos and misspellings in PDF files; Calculate and edit data in Microsoft Excel; Read PDF eBooks on mobile devices, such as iPad, iP...

PDF Converter Mac
PDF Converter for Mac can help you: Convert PDF to Word Document (*.doc); Convert PDF to Excel spreadsheets (*.xls); Convert PDF to PowerPoint presentations (*.pptx); Convert PDF to EPUB eBooks (*.epub); Convert PDF to Text files (*.txt); Convert PDF to HTML pages (*.html); Print restricted PDF files; Resize images of PDF files; Edit PDF files in Microsoft Office; Share PDF files on internet easily; Change contents in any existing PDF files; Modify typos and misspellings in PDF files; Calculate and edit data in Microsoft Excel; Read PDF eBooks on mobile devices, such as iPad, iP...

PDF TO PDF/A
Hello, is it possible to convert a PDF file to PDFA file ? i tried the -dPDFA option and i vefy my pdf file with PDF longlife. I have an error. Thanks for help. ...

Convert PDF image to PDF text
Hi, I have a PDF file with image text documents. hence I can't search the text. How can I convert it to searchable PDF file? Thanx You will have to scan it using an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) application and then create a PDF file. -- Don Vancouver, USA <WhiteLen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193737890.691267.165820@z9g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have a PDF file with image text documents. hence I can't search the > text. How can I convert it to searchable PDF file? > > Thanx > Any recommendation for OCR application? ...

ANN: Fly Text to PDF

convert PDF images to PDF text (OCR)
Hi, I have a book which was entirely scanned into a PDF, there are approximately 300 pages. The problem is that each page is an image of the paper page, not selectable text. How can I convert this PDF made of images to a text-selectable PDF? Or directly convert it to Word? I suppose I'll need some form of OCR. Thanks in advance, Raphael Yes, since you have an image, you need to OCR it into data. You will not have much luck with any formating info, but most OCR programs today to a pretty good job if the image is fairly clean . Larry T. larrynospam@nospamjbmsystems.com wrote in message...

VeryPDF PDF To Word Converter
Press Release - Easily Convert PDF Documents to Word Format For Immediate Release Contact: support@verypdf.com Easily Convert PDF Documents to Word Format Verypdf.com Inc. has released PDF2Word/RTF v. 1.3, an affordable, easy-to-use Windows application that exports the text, images, and other contents of Adobe Acrobat PDF files to Microsoft Word/RTF format. Unlike conversion utilities that grab only the text from your PDF files, PDF2Word/RTF preserves the layout of your document, as well as the bitmap images and text. PDF2Word/RTF is a completely standalone program, and does not require Mi...

PDF document to HTML pages using Acrobat?
Bunch of seminar presentations in PDF format: 30-50 pp, 2-4 MB each. Would like to auto-create HTML versions of these also, one page per page (but lowered resolution OK) so that web site visitors could flip thru the HTML version before deciding whether to download the higher-resolution PDF version. Made a couple of attempts to do this using Acrobat Standard 7.0 on Mac OS 10.3.9; ended up with distorted graphics, wrong page shapes, not always one to one correspondence between PDF pages and HTML pages. Appreciate advice and hints on how to do this, preferably in Acrobat, alternatively i...

Comment on your pdf document without using PDF Editor
SpotNote 3.1 is a commenting tool that allows the user to post electronic notes directly to the pdf documents they are editing, without using any pdf writers/editors. Cut out secondary documentation and emails to describe what you changed in a document for a team member or co-worker. SpotNote Merges IM with E-Notes BCI announces the addition of SpotLAN to its highly rated electronic note software, SpotNote� 3.1. SpotLAN allows the business user to send custom sticky notes instantly across their corporate LAN environment to another computer's desktop. SpotLAN solves the problem of movin...

convert to PDF using Adobe Distiller or PDF Writer??
I just installed Adobe Acrobat, not reader. I have different types of file formats (HTML, TXT, MS-Word, JPEG, etc...), and want to convert to PDF formats. I tried both Adobe Distiller and PDF Writer, and they produce the same PDF output. I am not sure what's the difference between these two tools. Which one should I use? please advice. thanks!!! Steve wrote: > I just installed Adobe Acrobat, not reader. I have different types of > file formats (HTML, TXT, MS-Word, JPEG, etc...), and want to convert to > PDF formats. > > I tried both Adobe Distiller and PDF Writer, and ...

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)

convert html page to pdf (also using pdfcreator)
It's possible? that way you used? thanks in advance. F. * fabio.dibuo@gmail.com wrote in comp.lang.javascript: >It's possible? >that way you used? PDFCreator is essentially a printer driver, you would install it and print the page from a browser just like you would usually print some- thing. There are other tools for turning HTML documents into PDFs, my http://cutycapt.sf.net/ would be one example. -- Bj�rn H�hrmann � mailto:bjoern@hoehrmann.de � http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de Am Badedeich 7 � Telefon: +49(0)160/4415681 � http://www.bjoernsworld.de 25899 Dageb�ll � ...

A PDF into a FM file then save as pdf... how to have alll the pages of the included pdf file
FM 7.2 We can import a complete PDF file as an object into a framemaker file. Then when we try to generate a pdf from this framemaker file, we have only the firts page of the pdf imported. Is there a method to import a pdf file and force FM to generate a pdf file with save as... with the complete pdf file inserted into the padf ? > We can import a complete PDF file as an object into a framemaker file. Then > when we try to generate a pdf from this framemaker file, we have only the > firts page of the pdf imported. > > Is there a method to import a pdf file...

Postscript to PDF with pdf-tools, pdf-writer, or other
Does anyone have a way to convert Postscript to PDF using pdf-tools, pdf-writer, or other method? Any suggestions? On 14/04/2008, Sean Nakasone <seannakasone@yahoo.com> wrote: > Does anyone have a way to convert Postscript to PDF using pdf-tools, > pdf-writer, or other method? Any suggestions? ps2pdf is standard on any install of Ghostscript, at least on most flavours of Linux/BSD Farrel ...

embedded fonts in the pdf document created using pdf(la)tex
Hei, I created my pdf document by using pdftex, but some fonts are not embedded. Could anyone guide me through this. Thanks, -Duc DVD <beha.onlineREMOVE_THIS@gmail.com> writes: > Hei, > > I created my pdf document by using pdftex, but some fonts are not > embedded. Could anyone guide me through this. FAQ. See section "Quality of PDF from PostScript", under http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=dvips-pdf . -- Maurizio Loreti http://www.pd.infn.it/~loreti/mlo.html Dept. of Physics, Univ. of Padova, Italy ROT13: y...

PDF TO PDF MULTIPAGES
Hello, (gs 8.54 -Windows XP) i try this to convert a pdf file to one pdf file per page: gs.exe -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -o c:\fic-%d.pdf -q c:\colle.pdf It doesn't work. Is works with jpeg files: gs.exe -sDEVICE=jpeg -o c:\fic-%d.jpg -q c:\colle.pdf Thanks for Help. Christophe BADET Christophe BADET wrote: > Hello, > > (gs 8.54 -Windows XP) > i try this to convert a pdf file to one pdf file per page: > > gs.exe -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -o c:\fic-%d.pdf -q c:\colle.pdf > It doesn't work. > Is works with jpeg files: > gs.exe -sDEVICE=jpeg -o c:\fic-%d.jpg -q c:\colle....

4x PDF Help
Hi Everyone -- we've launched a new question and answer site for all PDF questions. It's based on the highly popular technology platform used by StackOverflow.com, and provides a great environment for getting your questions answered and answering other people's questions. Check it out --> http://help.4xpdf.com/ Cheers, - Rowan. ...

free pdf to text converter ?
Hi, I need a free pdf to text converter as a console program for windows. Does somebody know one? I know there is at least one program because I used it but unfortunately I deleted it. Tobias mayer wrote: > Hi, > > I need a free pdf to text converter as a console program for windows. > Does somebody know one? > I know there is at least one program because I used it but unfortunately > I deleted it. Download and run "ps2ascii" It is a script around GhostScript, which you should download too. Eric. mayer wrote: > Hi, > > I need a free pdf to text...

Is it possible to generate pdf document from multiple pdf documents in FOP
Hi all, I want to generate a single pdf document from multiple pdf documents using FOP. Is there any function or utility available in FOP, where I can send multiple pdf documents for generating the single document? i am using xml to get the pdf document using FOP.But i want to use the pdf douments in the document generation. please help me if somebody knows something related to this. thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions. renu ...

pdf to dvi to pdf?
I need help with what seems to be a simple problem. I have a collection of pdf manuscript to submitt to a on-demand publisher. They want them to be: (1)6in x 9in with 1/2in margins allound (2) and embedded fonts. The problem is there are: (1) 8.5in x 11in with 1in margins (2) and the fonts aren't embedded. Perl pdf mod is one possibility, what would be involved with doing this with LaTex? I wanting to stay with open source solutions(Linux). TIA, David editor@deepmeanings.com (David Jackon) schrieb: > I need help with what seems to be a simple problem. > I have a collection of ...

Copy from a PDF to PDF
Is it possible to copy a piece of text from a page (not the whole page) from a PDF file and paste it into another PDF file in a desired position? Thanks in article YT2Fb.22892$vi2.19893@twister.auna.com, jesusp at jesusp@arrakis.es wrote on 12/20/03 1:09 PM: > Is it possible to copy a piece of text from a page (not the whole page) from > a PDF file and paste it into another PDF file in a desired position? - Yep - copy and paste. You may have to crop it first to get just what you want. And it may not paste into position - you need to move it around. - I suppose it depends on which applications you have at hand. Acrobat will certainly do it. MSD Thx, I crop the desired rectangle in the first PDF, select it with the TouchUp Object Tool, then copy it, but the WHOLE page is pasted in the second PDF and I'd like to have only the part I want. At least this is what I get with ACROBAT 5.0. Am I doing something wrong? "WharfRat" <wharfrat@footprintsphotographics.com> wrote in message news:BC09FB34.10D43%wharfrat@footprintsphotographics.com... in article YT2Fb.22892$vi2.19893@twister.auna.com, jesusp at jesusp@arrakis.es wrote on 12/20/03 1:09 PM: > Is it possible to copy a piece of text from a page (not the whole page) from > a PDF file and paste it into another PDF file in a desired position? - Yep - copy and paste. You may have to crop it first to get just what you want. And it may not paste into position - you need to move it around. - I...

Embedding PDF into PDF ?
I have read from websearching that it is possible to embed a smaller PDF into a main PDF, but cannot find out how this is done. Would I have to open the PDF as a text file and have my program locate a certain PDF command, then literally just stream the raw smaller PDF into it ? Any links or info would be very much aprpeciated Thanks Paul On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Paul Champan wrote: > I have read from websearching that it is possible to embed a smaller PDF > into a main PDF, but cannot find out how this is done. Do you want to merge 2 pdf files or "place" pdf files into a ...

Web resources about - Is there any free pdf SDK or API I can use to convert picture or a html page to a pdf document programactically? - comp.text.pdf