f



Merge pdf files into one pdf file

Hi

I am looking for a script that can automatically merge a serie of 'pdf'
files into one 'pdf' file.
I know about the "Insert pdf file" option in adobe, but I have about 30
'pdf' files, and need a more automatic solution.
Today I am merging several "ps" files into one "pdf" file by using the
script below.
Is there a similar script for pdf files. Any software that solves this?

Any help is appreciated!

Gisle Rong

Script:

%!
% PostScript program for distilling and combining multiple PostScript files.
% When embedding font subsets, it is highly recommended you use this
technique
% to distill multiple PS files so only one font subset is used for each
font.

/prun { /mysave save def       % Performs a save before running the PS file
        dup = flush            % Shows name of PS file being run
        RunFile                % Calls built in Distiller procedure
        clear cleardictstack   % Cleans up after PS file
        mysave restore         % Restores save level
} def


(V:/file1.ps)prun                        %
(V:/file2.ps)prun                        %
(V:/file3.ps)prun                        %
(V:/file4.ps)prun                        %


0
grSP (1)
9/29/2004 12:18:10 PM
comp.text.pdf 5600 articles. 0 followers. ramon (1518) is leader. Post Follow

6 Replies
1536 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 2

> I am looking for a script that can automatically merge a serie of 'pdf'
> files into one 'pdf' file.
> I know about the "Insert pdf file" option in adobe, but I have about 30
> 'pdf' files, and need a more automatic solution.
> Today I am merging several "ps" files into one "pdf" file by using the
> script below.
> Is there a similar script for pdf files. Any software that solves this?

Using GhostScript:

GSWin32c -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4 -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH  -sOut
putFile="D:\YourMergedFile.PDF" -c .setpdfwrite -f  @"D:\filelist.txt"

where filelist is an ASCII file containing the filenames of the files to
merge
change folders and file names and desired CompatibilityLevel for your
situation

Note: I found that the list of files can be longer with GS 8.11 than in the
later versions

Govert


0
Govert
9/29/2004 1:02:40 PM
"Gisle Rong" <grSP@Mkyma.no> writes:

> Is there a similar script for pdf files. Any software that solves this?

Have a look at pdflatex and the pdfpages package.

-- 
Brian (remove the sport for mail)
http://www.et.dtu.dk/staff/be
0
Brian
9/29/2004 1:06:54 PM
"Gisle Rong" <grSP@Mkyma.no> writes:

> I am looking for a script that can automatically merge a serie of 'pdf'
> files into one 'pdf' file.

Try pdftk (http://www.accesspdf.com/pdftk/).

Bill
-- 
Bill Harris
Facilitated Systems
http://facilitatedsystems.com/               
0
Bill
9/29/2004 1:46:40 PM
"Gisle Rong" <grSP@Mkyma.no> :
>
> ...
> Today I am merging several "ps" files into one "pdf" file by using
the
> script below.
> Is there a similar script for pdf files.


If you want to use your script with pdfs... simple: convert pdf files
to ps files and then run your script.

An example in VBscript:  http://www.fhtino.it/code/code001.html
It uses Ghostscript and Xpdf.


___________________________________________________________
Fabrizio Accatino - fhtino@yahoo.com - http://www.fhtino.it



0
Fabrizio
9/29/2004 2:21:57 PM
In article <2rvufhF1f2cimU1@uni-berlin.de>,
Fabrizio Accatino <fhtino@yahoo.com> wrote:
>"Gisle Rong" <grSP@Mkyma.no> :
>>
>> ...
>> Today I am merging several "ps" files into one "pdf" file by using
>the
>> script below.
>> Is there a similar script for pdf files.
>
>
>If you want to use your script with pdfs... simple: convert pdf files
>to ps files and then run your script.
>
>An example in VBscript:  http://www.fhtino.it/code/code001.html
>It uses Ghostscript and Xpdf.
			.
			.
			.
<URL:
http://phaseit.net/claird/comp.text.pdf/PDF_converters.html#concatenators >
aims to collect all these responses in a single location.
0
claird
9/29/2004 4:08:03 PM
claird@lairds.us (Cameron Laird) writes:

> <URL:
> http://phaseit.net/claird/comp.text.pdf/PDF_converters.html#concatenators >
> aims to collect all these responses in a single location.

Not my suggestion :-(
It is however outstanding and I have used it for making proceedings
of several intenational conferences.


-- 
Brian (remove the sport for mail)
http://www.et.dtu.dk/staff/be
0
Brian
9/30/2004 7:55:39 AM
Reply: