For quite some time now, I have been having a problem converting some of
the characters in equations generated in MathType to .pdf files.
Specifically, several of the characters available on the template bar,
such as braces, integral signs, summation signs, etc., show up as blanks
after converting to .pdf.
I have been having this problem for more than a year. In an initial
attempt to resolve the issue, I followed the methodology described in
MathType's Technical Bulletin #69; no help. In a further attempt to
resolve the issue, I recently upgraded my Office suite from Office 97 to
Office 2000. I have also tried reloading Acrobat 5.0 and MathType 5.2,
all to no avail.
I have also tried numerous variations on font embedding within Adobe,
all, again, to no avail. And, I have tried numerous variations on
..pdfing a file called Word.doc, available on the web from William F.
Moss, at Clemson University, from 1999. In his original version, it
seems to .pdf just fine. But, as soon as I add an additional summation
sign to the file, I again get blanks, in all of the critical places.
This is why I am sure that the problem is with my set-up. (The problem
seems to be associated with the inclusion of the MT Extra font file from
the Word version to the .pdf version.)
Basically, I am running a PC, with Windows 2000, that was upgraded from
Windows '98, a little over a year ago. Also, as was noted above, I am
now running Office 2000, upgraded from Office '97 last week.
Needless to say, I need HELP in resolving this issue....