Multi-page Illustrator file convert to PDF ?

Hi all,

Adobe Illustrator allows to save as PDF, but it's only one page at a
time. I have a multi-page brochure made with Illustrator (one file per
page) and I need to convert the whole thing into ONE single PDF. How
do I do that?

Thanks!

Steve
0
stevelucas95
9/16/2003 9:37:52 PM
comp.text.pdf 5580 articles. 36 followers. ramon (1518) is leader. Post Follow

Steve Lucas <stevelucas95@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Adobe Illustrator allows to save as PDF, but it's only one page at a
> time. I have a multi-page brochure made with Illustrator (one file per
> page) and I need to convert the whole thing into ONE single PDF. How
> do I do that?

There are a couple of small files in the Acrobat install called
runfilex.ps and rundirex.txt. These are designed to facilitate
processing multiple PS files into a single PDF.

Instead of saving as PDF, you print from Illustrator to a PostScript
file, one for each page. Then you cut and paste the filenames into one
of these scripts and run Distiller over it.

See
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/ca62.htm
for detailed instructions.

That's the smart way of doing it. Of course, you could also save each
page as PDF and tediously assemble the brochure in Acrobat (nee
Exchange).

Both these solutions require Acrobat. If you are too cheap to buy
Acrobat, pdfTeX (both pdfLaTeX and ConTeXt) can place arbitrary PDF
pages in a new document and you could use that feature to concatenate
them.

If the brochure is to be printed, you may find the printer is actually
quite happy with one file per page, as inputting them into the
imposition system is no great problem. Have you asked?

0
timvanhoof
9/19/2003 10:17:33 PM
stevelucas95@yahoo.com (Steve Lucas) wrote in message news:<c77892e8.0309161337.7938c68e@posting.google.com>...
> Hi all,
>
> Adobe Illustrator allows to save as PDF, but it's only one page at a
> time. I have a multi-page brochure made with Illustrator (one file per
> page) and I need to convert the whole thing into ONE single PDF. How
> do I do that?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Steve

If you have Adobe Acrobat installed, try printing to the Acrobat
Distiller printer.  If Illustrator lets you print all of the pages at
once, it should be able to print everything straight to Distiller - no
reason to bother with postscript as an intermediate format.

If you don't have Adobe Acrobat installed, you could try some of the
less expensive PDF printers on the market.  We offer one called BCL
easyPDF for $49; you can download a free demo from our website at
http://www.bcltechnologies.com.  There's also a selection PDF printers
from other manufacturers at http://www.pdfstore.com.

Rachel Burnsed
burnsed@bcltechnologies.com
0
burnsed
9/23/2003 12:08:14 AM
The traditional way is to save them as .eps files, and lay out the brochure
in a page layout program such as Quark, Pagemaker or Indesign. At least some
of these programs allow you to place .pdf's as well.

"Rachel Burnsed" <burnsed@bcltechnologies.com> wrote in message
> stevelucas95@yahoo.com (Steve Lucas) wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Adobe Illustrator allows to save as PDF, but it's only one page at a
> > time. I have a multi-page brochure made with Illustrator (one file per
> > page) and I need to convert the whole thing into ONE single PDF. How
> > do I do that?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Steve
>

> If you have Adobe Acrobat installed, try printing to the Acrobat
> Distiller printer.  If Illustrator lets you print all of the pages at
> once, it should be able to print everything straight to Distiller - no
> reason to bother with postscript as an intermediate format.
>
> If you don't have Adobe Acrobat installed, you could try some of the
> less expensive PDF printers on the market.  We offer one called BCL
> easyPDF for $49; you can download a free demo from our website at
> http://www.bcltechnologies.com.  There's also a selection PDF printers
> from other manufacturers at http://www.pdfstore.com.
>
> Rachel Burnsed
> burnsed@bcltechnologies.com

0
Dan

Why to link both /unix /usr/lib/boot/unix to files in /usr/lib/boot/unix_XX
I have seen that in AIX whenever you have to change kernel like from 32 to 64 bit then its required to do #ln -s /usr/lib/boot/unix_64 /usr/lib/boot/unix #ls -s /usr/lib/boot/unix_64 /unix #bosboot -ad hdisk0 Why its required to link both /unix and /usr/lib/boot/unix? Why not just /unix. On my system I just linked /unix and everything seemed to be working fine. Can anyone explain why we need to link both /unix and /usr/lib/boot/unix vermask_2000@yahoo.com (Sanjay) wrote in message news:<ffd20301.0405071602.7711740e@posting.google.com>... > I have seen that in AIX whenever you have t...

[?] More precise: Convert multi layer XCF file into multi page PDF file
Hi all, subject says it basically all: I imported a multi page PDF in gimp, did some edits and saved it as multi layer XCF file. Now I want to convert that multi layer XCF file back into a single PDF file with multiple pages. As it did not work out of Gimp with either "print to file" or "save as", I tried Image Magick this way: convert file.xcf file.pdf where "file.xcf" has 7 text only layers (from imported PDF). The conversion worked without errors or warnings but the resulting file "file.pdf" got only the two last pages (page 6 and 7) in reversed...

Is @@IDENTITY really unique in multi-sessions scope
I have a table EugeneTest(id_num, fname, minit, lname) where field "id_num" is type IDENTITY and has UNIQUE constraint Let's say 2 user execute this code at the same time: DECLARE @return integer use EugeneTest INSERT employees ( fname, minit, lname) VALUES ( 'Eugene3', 'F', 'Josephs') SET @return = @@IDENTITY Is is not possible to get duplicated value in id_num column becuase of UNIQUE constraint, but is it possible the both user get the same @@IDENTITY number ( for example, if @@IDENTITY is evaluated and kept somewhere in the buffer before the ...

man page correction wrt Solaris requested
The version I build on Solaris (8 & 9 so far) comes with preformatted man pages that are stuck into /usr/share/man/cat{1,5,8} during installation. The problem is: 1) cat8 will never be seen, because the way the man command works is if there is no man8, it won't ever bother looking in cat8. That means sendmail(8)'s man page won't be seen, and either Solaris' stock sendmail(1) is displayed or nothing is displayed in response to a man sendmail command. 2) There is no "8" in man.cf, which just seems to be a nuisance. Having it in there is just probably for correctnes...

Problem Importing web site in Mathematica: How to by pass pages asking for login credentials
Hi, I'm using Mathematica v8 for some text mining/classification analysis of web sites. As part of this I first Import[] the hyperlinks from the web site 's home page into a list, and then systematically traverse this list and Import each URL. In some cases, I hit a page or set of pages that requires a user to enter login credentials. At this point my code pops up the site's login screen and waits for manual input before proceeding. This obviously makes importing a large set of URLs infeasible. I'm wondering if it's possible to identify these pages in advance, ...

Compiling mex files
Hi, I am trying to compile a mexfile myfile.c which is in C:\Documents and Settings I am trying to compile it from C:\MATLAB7\work Matlab can see both the directory(i used "path" to verify that")and the file name (used "which myfile") but attempt to compile says C:\MATLAB7\BIN\WIN32\MEX.PL:Error: 'myfile.c' not found. I tried with both lcc and the Visual C++ compiler. Matlab Version is 7.0 I'd appreciate any help with this. thanks samadrita "samadrita" <samroyc@phy.duke.edu> wrote in message news:eeebb00.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi, >...

Page Update
Hi all, i am working on a java based web application. now i need to access some information stored in a postgres DB in near real time. at the moment i am refreshing my page every 5sec to get that information, which is also putting a huge strain on tomcat and hence chewing up a lot of my memory. now my question is, is there a way to display updated information on the screen without constantly updating it. i was thinking of using javascript sockets, which will receive information when there is a change within the db and only then refresh, instead of refreshing every 5sec. i am sure somebody ...

Carrying PHP Variables From Web Page To Web Page
I was reading about PHP variable scoping - it doesn't seem to support carrying any variables from one web page to another - how is this usually done? I have a lot of php variables created on my home page that I need to make use of on other web pages - how can I do that? Thanks... > 3 choices > 1) use sessions to hold the variables between pages > 2) use hidden form fields and submit buttons (not secure) > 3) use a database to hold the values and embed the key in your urls (e.g. > href='somepage.php?id=34') .... of which sessions (option 1) is the best option, sin...

Comparing 2 Text Files
Hello, I'm creating a function to compare 2 text files line by line. The function will then output all records that are in text file #1 but not in text file #2 to another text file (#3). So: if text 1 & text 2 then text 3 123 123 125 124 124 126 125 127 126 128 127 128 Currently my code exports: text 3 125 126 127 128 It imports at the start of the additional records but then continues through and lists every record after them as well. How can I change my function to do what I want? My code is be...

About shared object file
Hi, all! Suppose I have 2 C program: a.c b.c. a.c defines a function fun_a(), b.c defines fun_b() and fun_b() calls fun_a(). I produced an object file a.o from a.c, and then made an archive liba.a with ar command. Now I want to generate a shared object file from b.c and liba.a. First, compile it with 'gcc -c -fPIC b.c -o b.o' Then 'gcc -W1,-soname,libb.so -shared -L. -la -o libb.so' This should work, but it does not, it complains undefined reference to func_a(). Then I tried 'gcc -W1,-soname,libb.so -shared ./liba.a -o libb.so' This worked, why&...

how to clean .mbx files?
Hi Everybody, I am new to this group and need your advice. I'm using Eudora 6.1.1.1 on WinXP pc at the moment and since a few weeks, it�s getting very slow. I suggest to reinstall the program and copy the .mbx and .toc files back. But think, that's not the solution of the problem. Is there a better way to import / backup / archieve the mails? Meaning, is there a cleaning tool available? Think the problem comes from deleted attachments or too much mails. Please advice. Thanks Martin On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:30:35 +0200, Martin <derlegale@hotmail.com> wrote:...

Search in *.rex files
Just a little bit OT: How do I search (in Win XP) for specific code in my .rex files? Example: I know I have used %2F before in a program, which one was it? The default Win search mechanisme does not find anything. Thanks, Wim Dirks "Wim Dirks" <wimp4u@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4201f9dd$0$12085$d5255a0c@news.wanadoo.nl... > Just a little bit OT: > How do I search (in Win XP) for specific code in my .rex files? > Example: I know I have used %2F before in a program, which one was it? > The default Win search mechanisme does not find anything. > Thanks...

Cleanly exiting multi thread application on SIGINT
Is the following the most elegant way to exit a multi-threaded application on a Ctrl-C? I am a complete beginner and would have thought there was some way of doing it without having to use while 1: pass, but have yet to find a way. N.B. exit() is a method for cleanly exiting the thread using a queue. Many thanks Jon def main: wt = workerThread() wt.setDaemon(True) wt.start() ct = counterThread() ct.setDaemon(True) ct.start() try: while 1: pass except KeyboardInterrupt: wt.exit() ct.exit() Jon> Is the following t...

how to open a file
Hi, I want to open a file which are situated on server see in c or d and I know the file how can i use php to open particular file and copy paste in my computer or user's computer. sam schrieb: > Hi, I want to open a file which are situated on server see in c or d > and I know the file how can i use php to open particular file and copy > paste in my computer or user's computer. Load a file into an array: $sourceFile = file( $aFilePath ); Alternatively, use fopen() to open a file and other f*() function read/write data ...

open txt file in notepad same format with m-editor
P=('Example : Matlab to Text') B=mat2str(['OR' ' AND ' 'FOR']) A=rand(3) AZ='example1.txt' fid=fopen(AZ,'w') fprintf(fid, '%15s\n',P) ; fprintf(fid, '%15s\n \n',(B)); fprintf(fid, '%5.0f %5.0f %5.0f\n',P') ; fclose(fid) ; if opened using M-editor, then the result is like this Example : Matlab to Text OR AND FOR 69 120 97 109 112 108 101 32 58 32 77 97 116 ...

Creating multi dimension data structures
I would like to create a 3D structure (x1, x2, x3) starting from. x2: 0 1 2 3 4 5, where x2 represent the values in each column. For the 2D case, I would do something like =E2=8D=89 (6,7) =E2=8D=B4 x2 which returns: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 However, I would like to start with x2 =3D 0 1 2 3 4 5 and return a (6, 7, ?) structure, i.e., 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 ...

Parse a text file and match more than one line
Hi, I am trying to figure out how to use regexp in java to match this pattern: compile: [javac] Compiling 933 source files to /tmp/gdduser/classes dft.properties: So I want to make sure I have: compile: [javac] Compiling 933 source files to /tmp/gdduser/classes <<nothing on this line>> How can I use java to apply it? It will be something like, when "compile:" is found check that there is a [javac] Compiling .... on next line . If there is then I need to check if there is an empty line. If all conditions are fullfilled then I can I know that my build step is...

Need to recompile a VCL source file
In order to fix a small bug in Delphi 6, I need to recompile one of the VCL source files (AxCtrls.pas) after making a small change to it. I found the following information on Experts Exchange: +--- |- Add the source unit to your project by pressing shift+F11 or | clicking Add to project in Project menu. |- Click Project-Options-Directory/conditional |- In Unit Output directory select c:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi6\lib | |Compile it and it will produce .dcu file in lib path. +--- So what I did was: 1. In C:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi6\Source\VCL\, copied AxCtrls.pas to...

Malformed Fractions in a PDF file
Re 6.0.2 under WinXP. Although Wolfram developers are investigating this question, I wonder if someone here already has. Suppose a notebook only has the text cell that concludes this message. When the notebook is printed via File/SaveAs/pdf, the resulting pdf file has fractions whose dividing lines don't fully appear. Other fractions have a full dividing line. If anyone here knows how to fix this, please share you solution. Thanks. Bruce (the text cell follows) Since sin 8/5\[Theta]=sin(8/5(\[Theta]+2\[Pi] n))=sin(8/5\[Theta]+(16\[Pi] n)/5)... On Apr 14, 4:42 am, Bruce ...

Restore lost files in Fat & Ntfs partitions
Restorer is a powerful data recovery, undelete, unerase and unformat software that can restore files lost accidentally in NTFS or FAT partitions. http://restore1.8m.com/ ...

Multi Table Query Help
I'm trying to do a multi table query that displays all the info I need in one array, and I'm having problems figuring out how to do it. The two tables are product and vendor. A vendor can be a manufacturer, distributor, or both. This is indicated via the manufacturer_YN and distributor_YN fields in the vendor table, and vendor_id is an auto_number field. In the product table, there is a manufacturer_id and a distributor_id field, and these are linked to the vendor.vendor_id field. What I would like to do is for each product, display the name, short description (both field...

problem with pdf file
Hi, I am using following code to create pdf file. But in the pdf file, there is a overlap in the pages..like..on one page you can also see part of another page and then footnote in the middle of the page..and so on. But when you check in the output window or in .lst file, each page is clear with footnote at the bottom and you see one page at a time. I am not sure why its creating like this in pdf file. Any suggestions to fix this problem.. ODS PDF FILE='...\myoutput.pdf'; DATA _NULL_; FILE PRINT; INFILE "...\myoutput.lst"; INPUT; PUT _INFILE_; RUN; ODS PDF ...

Session in a class file
The question is ... Who knows what might be missing to cause this? ******************************** Here's the message: ================================ Exception in thread in "Main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: NCreateSession at lotus.domino.local.Session.NCreateSession(Native Method) at lotus.domino.local.Session.createSession(Session.java:94) at lotus.domino.NotesFactory.createSession(Unknown Source) at stamper.main(stamper.java:65) Okee dokeeException in thread in "Main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: NCreateSession at lotus.domino.local.Sessi...

playing & recording sound file
hai, i am pavan, i am facing problem, i.e, while playing a .wav file i am unable to record a .wav file. i will be very thankful if u give me the solution for my problem thanks, pavan. ...

Hide dot-files and dot-folders in Linux
A question to the Linux community out there. Matlab has the handy "Current Directory" panel. The problem is that with Linux, all sorts of special stuff is stored in dot-files or dot-directories. For example, ".mozilla" contains my Firefox stuff. I have tons of these directories and files. Is there some way to create a custom filter to exclude displaying these files in the Current Directory panel? In article <g38qvl$e3n$1@fred.mathworks.com>, David <mertenstwo.change.the.two.to.a.2@uiuc.edu> wrote: > Is there some way to create a custom filter to exclu...