Multi-page Illustrator file convert to PDF ?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi all,

Adobe Illustrator allows to save as PDF, but it's only one page at a
time. I have a multi-page brochure made with Illustrator (one file per
page) and I need to convert the whole thing into ONE single PDF. How
do I do that?

Thanks!

Steve
0
Reply stevelucas95 9/16/2003 9:37:52 PM

See related articles to this posting

Steve Lucas <stevelucas95@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Adobe Illustrator allows to save as PDF, but it's only one page at a
> time. I have a multi-page brochure made with Illustrator (one file per
> page) and I need to convert the whole thing into ONE single PDF. How
> do I do that?

There are a couple of small files in the Acrobat install called
runfilex.ps and rundirex.txt. These are designed to facilitate
processing multiple PS files into a single PDF.

Instead of saving as PDF, you print from Illustrator to a PostScript
file, one for each page. Then you cut and paste the filenames into one
of these scripts and run Distiller over it.

See
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/ca62.htm
for detailed instructions.

That's the smart way of doing it. Of course, you could also save each
page as PDF and tediously assemble the brochure in Acrobat (nee
Exchange).

Both these solutions require Acrobat. If you are too cheap to buy
Acrobat, pdfTeX (both pdfLaTeX and ConTeXt) can place arbitrary PDF
pages in a new document and you could use that feature to concatenate
them.

If the brochure is to be printed, you may find the printer is actually
quite happy with one file per page, as inputting them into the
imposition system is no great problem. Have you asked?

0
Reply timvanhoof 9/19/2003 10:17:33 PM

stevelucas95@yahoo.com (Steve Lucas) wrote in message news:<c77892e8.0309161337.7938c68e@posting.google.com>...
> Hi all,
>
> Adobe Illustrator allows to save as PDF, but it's only one page at a
> time. I have a multi-page brochure made with Illustrator (one file per
> page) and I need to convert the whole thing into ONE single PDF. How
> do I do that?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Steve

If you have Adobe Acrobat installed, try printing to the Acrobat
Distiller printer.  If Illustrator lets you print all of the pages at
once, it should be able to print everything straight to Distiller - no
reason to bother with postscript as an intermediate format.

If you don't have Adobe Acrobat installed, you could try some of the
less expensive PDF printers on the market.  We offer one called BCL
easyPDF for $49; you can download a free demo from our website at
http://www.bcltechnologies.com.  There's also a selection PDF printers
from other manufacturers at http://www.pdfstore.com.

Rachel Burnsed
burnsed@bcltechnologies.com
0
Reply burnsed 9/23/2003 12:08:14 AM

The traditional way is to save them as .eps files, and lay out the brochure
in a page layout program such as Quark, Pagemaker or Indesign. At least some
of these programs allow you to place .pdf's as well.

"Rachel Burnsed" <burnsed@bcltechnologies.com> wrote in message
> stevelucas95@yahoo.com (Steve Lucas) wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Adobe Illustrator allows to save as PDF, but it's only one page at a
> > time. I have a multi-page brochure made with Illustrator (one file per
> > page) and I need to convert the whole thing into ONE single PDF. How
> > do I do that?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Steve
>

> If you have Adobe Acrobat installed, try printing to the Acrobat
> Distiller printer.  If Illustrator lets you print all of the pages at
> once, it should be able to print everything straight to Distiller - no
> reason to bother with postscript as an intermediate format.
>
> If you don't have Adobe Acrobat installed, you could try some of the
> less expensive PDF printers on the market.  We offer one called BCL
> easyPDF for $49; you can download a free demo from our website at
> http://www.bcltechnologies.com.  There's also a selection PDF printers
> from other manufacturers at http://www.pdfstore.com.
>
> Rachel Burnsed
> burnsed@bcltechnologies.com

0
Reply Dan 9/23/2003 2:51:02 AM
comp.text.pdf 5543 articles. 36 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

[?] More precise: Convert multi layer XCF file into multi page PDF file
Hi all, subject says it basically all: I imported a multi page PDF in gimp, did some edits and saved it as multi layer XCF file. Now I want to convert that multi layer XCF file back into a single PDF file with multiple pages. As it did not work out of Gimp with either "print to file" or "save as", I tried Image Magick this way: convert file.xcf file.pdf where "file.xcf" has 7 text only layers (from imported PDF). The conversion worked without errors or warnings but the resulting file "file.pdf" got only the two last pages (page 6 and 7) in reversed...

How to convert one page out of a multi-page ps file to a epsi file?
It seem that ps2epsi can't do this, because it doesn't give any options about mulit-page ps files. If I run ps2epsi on a multi-page ps file, the pages will collapse all together. I'll be appriciated, if you know how to solve this problem. Thanks Peng Yu <yupeng_@hotmail.com> writes: > It seem that ps2epsi can't do this, because it doesn't give any > options about mulit-page ps files. Extract a single page from your ps file (e.g. using gv or psselect), then run your program... -- Maurizio Loreti http://www.pd.infn.it/~loreti/mlo.htm...

[?] How to convert a multi level *.xcf document into multi page *.pdf?
Hi all, subject says it basically all: I imported a multi page PDF in gimp, did some edits and saved it as multi layer XCF file. Now I want to convert that multi layer PDF file back into a single multi page PDF file. Alternatively a direct export/save as or print from the imported multi page PDF would be okay. Any help greatly appreciated! TIA, Frank Fr@nk Stef@ni schrieb: > Hi all, > > subject says it basically all: I imported a multi page PDF in > gimp, did some edits and saved it as multi layer XCF file. Now > I want to convert that multi layer PDF file back into a sing...

How to create smaller multi-page pdf files?
I wonder if anyone can make a suggestion. I need to create pdf files of multi-page reports which I can email that are not of a humongous size. I can use efax to do so, sending myself faxes, keeping a copy and forward one on, and the size of, for example, a 17-page tax return in Adobe Acrobat format is about 400K. The problem is, I only get 130 pages from the efax company per month before I have to start paying big money on a per page basis. Our scanner--an Epson 1260---prints just the first page of the same tax return in the worst resolution at almost 400K. Clearly, at 17 pages, we ...

Using \includegraphics on a multi-paged PDF or PS file
Hi all, this may be trivial, but I was wondering about the following. Let's say I have a PDF file with many pages and on its Nth (3rd for example) page is a graphics that I would like to cut out and include (after some re-scaling) into my new document. Every time I have worked with \includegraphics to date, I always had a single-paged source or The graphics came from the first page of a multi-paged source. How do I tell \includegraphics to jump (N-1) pages? Thanks a lot! Daniel G4Danny wrote: > Hi all, > this may be trivial, but I was wondering about the following. Let's > sa...

Scaning a multi-page document into one PDf file?
I would like to scan a multi-page document into one PDf file. But I've been forced to work one page at a time and then combine the results. Is there a better way? I'm using the PaperPort software that came with my scanner. Each page of the source document is scanned into a separate image. I can "stack" the images, but that doesn't seem to help me. I export them from PaperPort as JPEG files. I'm using IrfamViewer to print the JPEGs one-at-a-time to the Acrobat Distiller. Then I use the append function in Acrobat to combine the individual PDF files into one multi-page ...

Multi-page TIFF's --> PDF files
After some wrestling with the PDF::API2 module, I've gotten it to faithfully create PDF files from text, which if the first half of my project. Multi-page TIFF's are driving me crazy, however. The module is only picking up one of the pages from the TIFF. At first I thought it was a flaw of the module, but have discovered that many graphics programs have this flaw, too. The latest version of Irfanview, for example, only "sees" the first page. Anyone have any suggestions on this? Thanks, Rick Rick Nakroshis <nakroshis@NOICKYSPAMsmart.net> wrote: > After ...

Less obtrusive IE Convert Current Web Page to an Adobe PDF File
Is there a way to make less obtrusive the otherwise wonderful Internet Explorer "Convert Current Web Page to an Adobe PDF File" Explorer Bar? Is there a way to add this wondrous feature to Firefox? In another thread we learned to create clickable PDFs of web sites using the new Windows XP Internet Explorer 6.0.2900 menu: View > Explorer Bar > Adobe PDF However, this wondrous feature takes up TONS of space on the browser! It fills up a full inch and a half wide full-screen height explorer bar. All I want is a menu selection or an icon in the icon bar at top. Is there an easy...

insert pages from auxiliary pdf file into specific page locations in main pdf file
I am saddened by the slow death of usenet. Sigh. It is tax season in my neck of the woods. Depending on what tools you use,= you might end up with forms that don't make a duplex printer-friendly PDF = file. Since my home printer is "manually duplexed", I would like to write = a bash script to insert the pages of auxiliary files into a main PDF file. = Make a huge file that can print out easily with minimal manual interventio= n other than one flip of the whole file once the odd sides have printed out= .. Oh, and I'm looking for a free open source solution. ...

A PDF into a FM file then save as pdf... how to have alll the pages of the included pdf file
FM 7.2 We can import a complete PDF file as an object into a framemaker file. Then when we try to generate a pdf from this framemaker file, we have only the firts page of the pdf imported. Is there a method to import a pdf file and force FM to generate a pdf file with save as... with the complete pdf file inserted into the padf ? > We can import a complete PDF file as an object into a framemaker file. Then > when we try to generate a pdf from this framemaker file, we have only the > firts page of the pdf imported. > > Is there a method to import a pdf file...

Batch converting of PDF files into searchable PDF files
Hello Group We need to convert about 500 multipage non-searchable PDF files into searchable PDF files. The original PDFs just contain the scanned documents and we plan to run them through an OCR program which will afterwards save them back in the PDF format. It seems that Omnipage 12 Pro Office edition would be able to do the job but Omnipage 12 Standard, which is much less expensive, seems to have many of the same features. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a resource which lists the exact differences between the two programs. For now we'd require only one or two licences...

How to convert eps to pdf with pdf file size same as the eps file BBox? (using ps2pdf)
I want to convert an eps file to a pdf file and the paper size of the newly created pdf file be the same as the BBox of the eps file. Would you please show me what options I should specify if I use ps2pdf? Or you can tell me some other ways. Thanks, Peng > I want to convert an eps file to a pdf file and the paper size of the > newly created pdf file be the same as the BBox of the eps file. Would > you please show me what options I should specify if I use ps2pdf? Or > you can tell me some other ways. This will do it: -dEPSCrop Govert Govert J. Knopper wrote: >> I want...

VeryPDF PDF To Image Converter v2.0
For Immediate Release Contact: support@verypdf.com http://www.verypdf.com/ http://www.verypdf.com/pdf2tif/index.htm VeryPDF PDF To Image Converter v2.0 - Convert Adobe PDF file to Image Formats PDF To Image Converter Introduction (Document) PDF To Image Converter is an application program based on Windows platform, which can directly convert PDF files to dozens of image formats, such as TIF, TIFF, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, EMF, PCX, TGA and so on, it does support whole PDF file to image file conversion, include text, line, arc, ellipse, Bezier, color, image, form and other type elements. PD...

How convert pdf file to word file?
How convert pdf to doc. Pdf file is with pictures and tabels. There are a number of products that claim to do this. I feel that ABBYY Fine Reader is the best you can get. http://www.abbyy.com/ But the problem with this and any other converter is they cannot really recreate the invisible structure of the original document. So you may end up with a myriad of "styles" or "formatting" variations which are almost but not quite identical. Subsequent editing may prove to be a nightmare. And how can the converter program tell what text is in headers & footers an...

Converting GUI files to pdf files
Is there any security system that prevents matlab created windows from being converted to pdf by a certain program? I know there's a tool called matlab report generator that allows to create pdf files from the windows but the application has to be run in a computer where there's no matlab, so the GUIs get from the executable created by the mcc compiler. If this security system doesn't exist, can you guide me about where I could begin to do that pdf converting? Thanks in advance. In article <ef57b4f.-1@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP>, Li Yen <kalink_vk@hotmail.com> wrote: &...

convert .pdf files to .txt files
Hi, my name is david. I need to read information from .pdf files and convert to .txt files, and I have to do this on python, I have been looking for libraries on python and the pdftools seems to be the solution, but I do not know how to use them well, this is the example that I found on the internet is: from pdftools.pdffile import PDFDocument from pdftools.pdftext import Text def contents_to_text (contents): for item in contents: if isinstance (item, type ([])): for i in contents_to_text (item): yield i elif isinstance (item, Text): yield item.text doc ...

How to convert .fig file to .pdf file
Is there a way to convert a .fig file to a .pdf file in matlab? I need to visualise some .fig files because I cannot install matlab on this machine (I'm not administrator). Thanks for understanding! Michael You can save any figure as *.pdf with saveas(gcf,'filename','pdf'); Use >> help saveas for more info, follow the link "doc saveas" at the end, and read the section on formats. Also, there is a great m-file on Matlab Central called "exportfig.m", which makes exporting to other formats very convenient. -Michael On Aug 6, 10:54=A0am, &...

ps2pdf - one muti-page ps input file
hi Solaris 8, gs 8.00 Does anyone know how to output one pdf file per ps page of a multipage ps source file? Using a 2 page ps file(infile.ps), I've tried: ps2pdf -dFirstPage=1 -dLastPage=1 infile.ps page1.pdf %%[ ProductName: AFPL Ghostscript ]%% %%[Page: 1]%% %%[Page: 2]%% %%[LastPage]%% But the result is a single pdf file containing both pages. : -( Can anyone help? thanks ...

ps2pdf - one muti-page ps input file
hi Solaris 8, gs 8.00 Does anyone know how to output one pdf file per ps page of a multipage ps source file? Using a 2 page ps file(infile.ps), I've tried: ps2pdf -dFirstPage=1 -dLastPage=1 infile.ps page1.pdf %%[ ProductName: AFPL Ghostscript ]%% %%[Page: 1]%% %%[Page: 2]%% %%[LastPage]%% But the result is a single pdf file containing both pages. : -( Can anyone help? thanks On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 04:46:07 GMT, tec wrote: > hi > > Solaris 8, gs 8.00 > > Does anyone know how to output one pdf file per ps page of a multipage > ps source file? > > Using a...

Converting data to PDF -- but PDF as an ASCII file ???
Hi all, I downloaded some statements from my bank the other day, and I was surprised to see the PDF's opened fine in Notepad and appeared to just be ASCII scripts instead of a binary file. Is there something that shows how to save text using some PDF scripting language so I can dynamically create PDF's this way via Cold Fusion or another web scripting language? Attached to the bottom of this message is a snippet of the code. I figure if I can find how to create similar code I can use Cold Fusion or something else to loop through my data (from a database) and store the data within a...

Indexing a converted doc file to pdf file
Hello, I just converted a doc file into a pdf file using Acrobat 5.0 but, the "index" (or bookmark?) I had in the doc format "has disappeared". Have I to create that again from the titles of the sections and paragraphs? (I had titles of 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th level...). How do I create a similar index? I read the help guide but couldn't understand that much... :-( Thanks Regards "uonder uoman" <non.mi@scocciate.it> wrote: >Hello, >I just converted a doc file into a pdf file using Acrobat 5.0 How, exactly? -------------------------------------...

how to convert pdf file to an excel file with ODS
Hello SAS-Ls, I have a table report in ods pdf file. How could I output the report to an = excel or word file?=20 Here is the SAS code: proc freq data=3Dicd9codes; by a; =A0=A0=A0 tables b*c /missing out=3DCount; run;=A0=A0=A0=20 ods pdf file=3D'U:\jane\Adm.pdf'; ods noproctitle; options pageno=3D1 linesize=3D200 pagesize=3D60 nodate; proc report data=3DCount nowd split=3D'\'; =A0=A0=A0 column=A0 M S count percent; =A0=A0=A0 define M/order ; run; ods pdf close; How can I edit above SAS code to output table to an excel or word file? Can= someone help me that? Thanks mu...

Suggestion for converting PDF files to HTML/txt files
Could someone suggest me ways to convert PDF files to HTML files?? Does Python have any modules to do that job?? Thanks, Srini=0A=0A=0A Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now, on ht= tp://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html/ srinivasan srinivas wrote: > Could someone suggest me ways to convert PDF files to HTML files?? > Does Python have any modules to do that job?? > > Thanks, > Srini Unless there is some recent development, the answer is no, it's not possible. Getting text out of PDF is difficult (to say the least) and at times...

Re: ods pdf...adding pages to a pdf file
William, You can use the following to place several procedure output documents into one document: ods pdf file='c:\whatever.pdf' proc whatever; run; proc whatever; run; proc whatever; run; ods pdf close; As far as the table of contents is concerned, see the following URL: http://support.sas.com/publishing/pdf/58087_pg80.pdf Sincerely yours, Mark J. Lamias -----Original Message----- From: William Kossack [mailto:kossackw@NJC.ORG] Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2003 5:27 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: ods pdf...adding pages to a pdf file I have a program that produces a ...