Mupdf source code to insert annotations in a pdf

I am using the mupdf libraries to write a program under Linux to display
and handle pdf.  The problem is annotations.  I can read annotations in
a existing pdf, but not insert them.

The mupdf libraries provide functions to perform such insertion
operations.  But do they work?  Can anybody point me to some C/C++ code
which demonstrates those insertion functions work and how to get them to
work?  Just a simple piece of source code.

Ross
0
Ross

PDF PDF PDF
For anyone struggling to figure out how to create a PDF in SWX it's pretty simple but you may have to have the Bluebeam version of swx FIRST go to Tools>Options and check "Save as PDF" Then you can save them right from the save as dialog. Maybe I'm the only dumbass that could't figure that out! ;0) But it was in help under "PDF" An easier way is to download a program from www.pdf995.com that "prints" you files to a PDF foramat. This program works with SW and any other program you use to print with. "3d" <jmiller at marvelindustri...

PDF::Writer, create pdf and insert in other pdf file.
Hi folks(wharever it mean my english is so bad...) the following code create a PDF: #!/usr/bin/ruby require 'pdf/writer' pdf = PDF::Writer.new pdf.text "Hello Matz", :font_size => 22 pdf.save_as "novo.pdf" ######################################## now I wanna save this pdf as a last page of a existing pdf. any tips? -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Ricardo Pog <ricardo85x@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi folks(wharever it mean my english is so bad...) > > > the following code create a PDF: > >...

PDF TO PDF/A
Hello, is it possible to convert a PDF file to PDFA file ? i tried the -dPDFA option and i vefy my pdf file with PDF longlife. I have an error. Thanks for help. ...

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)

ANN: Fly Text to PDF

Convert PDF image to PDF text
Hi, I have a PDF file with image text documents. hence I can't search the text. How can I convert it to searchable PDF file? Thanx You will have to scan it using an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) application and then create a PDF file. -- Don Vancouver, USA <WhiteLen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193737890.691267.165820@z9g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have a PDF file with image text documents. hence I can't search the > text. How can I convert it to searchable PDF file? > > Thanx > Any recommendation for OCR application? ...

Postscript to PDF with pdf-tools, pdf-writer, or other
Does anyone have a way to convert Postscript to PDF using pdf-tools, pdf-writer, or other method? Any suggestions? On 14/04/2008, Sean Nakasone <seannakasone@yahoo.com> wrote: > Does anyone have a way to convert Postscript to PDF using pdf-tools, > pdf-writer, or other method? Any suggestions? ps2pdf is standard on any install of Ghostscript, at least on most flavours of Linux/BSD Farrel ...

scanned image pdf to searchable text pdf
We have a lot of pdf files that are just scanned images of documents. How easy is it to change these into pdf's that we can search for specific words. I believe Adobe Acrobat Capture will do this when the document is originally scanned, but can it use pdf's that have already been created. If it can, can this process be automated to convert 100s of pdf files? Are there other alternatives to Adobe Acrobat Capture as it is not cheap for a large number of documents? I am new to this, so please keep it simple. Thanks for any help. Adrian HI, As you indicated, your pdf's are ...

convert PDF images to PDF text (OCR)
Hi, I have a book which was entirely scanned into a PDF, there are approximately 300 pages. The problem is that each page is an image of the paper page, not selectable text. How can I convert this PDF made of images to a text-selectable PDF? Or directly convert it to Word? I suppose I'll need some form of OCR. Thanks in advance, Raphael Yes, since you have an image, you need to OCR it into data. You will not have much luck with any formating info, but most OCR programs today to a pretty good job if the image is fairly clean . Larry T. larrynospam@nospamjbmsystems.com wrote in message...

Copy from a PDF to PDF
Is it possible to copy a piece of text from a page (not the whole page) from a PDF file and paste it into another PDF file in a desired position? Thanks in article YT2Fb.22892$vi2.19893@twister.auna.com, jesusp at jesusp@arrakis.es wrote on 12/20/03 1:09 PM: > Is it possible to copy a piece of text from a page (not the whole page) from > a PDF file and paste it into another PDF file in a desired position? - Yep - copy and paste. You may have to crop it first to get just what you want. And it may not paste into position - you need to move it around. - I suppose it depends on which ap...

Embedding PDF into PDF ?
I have read from websearching that it is possible to embed a smaller PDF into a main PDF, but cannot find out how this is done. Would I have to open the PDF as a text file and have my program locate a certain PDF command, then literally just stream the raw smaller PDF into it ? Any links or info would be very much aprpeciated Thanks Paul On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Paul Champan wrote: > I have read from websearching that it is possible to embed a smaller PDF > into a main PDF, but cannot find out how this is done. Do you want to merge 2 pdf files or "place" pdf files into a ...

4x PDF Help
Hi Everyone -- we've launched a new question and answer site for all PDF questions. It's based on the highly popular technology platform used by StackOverflow.com, and provides a great environment for getting your questions answered and answering other people's questions. Check it out --> http://help.4xpdf.com/ Cheers, - Rowan. ...

pdf to dvi to pdf?
I need help with what seems to be a simple problem. I have a collection of pdf manuscript to submitt to a on-demand publisher. They want them to be: (1)6in x 9in with 1/2in margins allound (2) and embedded fonts. The problem is there are: (1) 8.5in x 11in with 1in margins (2) and the fonts aren't embedded. Perl pdf mod is one possibility, what would be involved with doing this with LaTex? I wanting to stay with open source solutions(Linux). TIA, David editor@deepmeanings.com (David Jackon) schrieb: > I need help with what seems to be a simple problem. > I have a collection of ...

PDF::API2
Hello All, I am new to PDF files so I don't really know if what I want to do is possible and how to use the PDF::API2 modules. I need to extract information from columns in a table ( I assume that PDF does not know anything about tables). What I was thinking of doing was finding the horizontal location of the header (I know what it should be), then extract all text that starts at that location. I have played around with the PDF::API2 module and read the 'Using PDF::API2 - The code' help page, however it doesn't show me how to extract information from an exi...

PDF::API2
Hello All, I am new to PDF files so I don't really know if what I want to do is possible and how to use the PDF::API2 modules. I need to extract information from columns in a table ( I assume that PDF does not know anything about tables). What I was thinking of doing was finding the horizontal location of the header (I know what it should be), then extract all text that starts at that location. I have played around with the PDF::API2 module and read the 'Using PDF::API2 - The code' help page, however it doesn't show me how to extract information from an existing file. ...

PDF TO PDF MULTIPAGES
Hello, (gs 8.54 -Windows XP) i try this to convert a pdf file to one pdf file per page: gs.exe -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -o c:\fic-%d.pdf -q c:\colle.pdf It doesn't work. Is works with jpeg files: gs.exe -sDEVICE=jpeg -o c:\fic-%d.jpg -q c:\colle.pdf Thanks for Help. Christophe BADET Christophe BADET wrote: > Hello, > > (gs 8.54 -Windows XP) > i try this to convert a pdf file to one pdf file per page: > > gs.exe -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -o c:\fic-%d.pdf -q c:\colle.pdf > It doesn't work. > Is works with jpeg files: > gs.exe -sDEVICE=jpeg -o c:\fic-%d.jpg -q c:\colle....

extract text layer from searchable pdf and merge with another pdf
Dear comp.text.pdfians I have a pdf (a searchable pdf consisting in book pages scans, then passed to ocr that has added a text layer hidden under images, so pdf is searchable) this pdf has jbig2 compression (it counts 135 pages in A5 format scanned at 300 dpi and its size is about 1928 KB) After ocrization, I noticed that scans have been degrated in quality, so I want extract text layer and merge this text layer with another copy of same pdf containing scans in high quality it is possible extract a text layer from a pdf and then merge with raster layer of another pdf? -- Puppy Linux...

How can I convert .txt to .pdf or .pdf to .pdf, controlling fonts?
I am trying to put some Quicken reports onto my iPhone, and I find the default .pdf print font is not clear enough. I'd like to try the Arial font (which I find to be the clearest of all fonts), but this involves either 1- converting the Quicken report .txt file to a .pdf, somehow, with control of the font, or 2- converting the Quicken report .pdf file from the default font to an Arial font .pdf and then moving the resulting .pdf to my iPhone. So far, I have failed. Does anyone know how to do this, either on a mac or on a pc? In article <4cdd4f7e$0$18655$c3...

PDF Object to extract and insert Annotations?
Is there such an object for ASP 3.0 (I know!) that will allow you to: 1: Identify type of annotations (stamp, drawing, note, circle, square, poly, etc) 2: Identify location, position, page number of annotation. 3: Identify the annotation Authors name. 4: Extract all annotations from one PDF in a data format that would allow me to store extracted data into a database. (After retrieving data from #4 (not required of this object)) 5:insert them into a duplicate copy of the source PDF? Thanks in advance. ...

Error in my code: tried to print to pdf using pdf printer on network
Hi all! I already read a lot of earlier questions on this subject, but the answers just didn't seem to help in my case. I hope one of you can help me out: Several persons will have access to my database. When they have added the network pdf printer (called "PDFCreator") they should be able to print single records as pdf documents. However, the button I've added to make this possible, does not work. Literally, it contains the following code: '**************************** Private Sub btnPrintAlsPDF_Click() On Error GoTo Err_btnPrintAlsPDF_Click Dim strDocName As St...

PDF Converter Mac
PDF Converter for Mac can help you: Convert PDF to Word Document (*.doc); Convert PDF to Excel spreadsheets (*.xls); Convert PDF to PowerPoint presentations (*.pptx); Convert PDF to EPUB eBooks (*.epub); Convert PDF to Text files (*.txt); Convert PDF to HTML pages (*.html); Print restricted PDF files; Resize images of PDF files; Edit PDF files in Microsoft Office; Share PDF files on internet easily; Change contents in any existing PDF files; Modify typos and misspellings in PDF files; Calculate and edit data in Microsoft Excel; Read PDF eBooks on mobile devices, such as iPad, iP...

PDF Converter Mac
PDF Converter for Mac can help you: Convert PDF to Word Document (*.doc); Convert PDF to Excel spreadsheets (*.xls); Convert PDF to PowerPoint presentations (*.pptx); Convert PDF to EPUB eBooks (*.epub); Convert PDF to Text files (*.txt); Convert PDF to HTML pages (*.html); Print restricted PDF files; Resize images of PDF files; Edit PDF files in Microsoft Office; Share PDF files on internet easily; Change contents in any existing PDF files; Modify typos and misspellings in PDF files; Calculate and edit data in Microsoft Excel; Read PDF eBooks on mobile devices, such as iPad, iP...

Text from PDF files generated from a LaTeX source
I'm dealing with trying to get a company that sells a file parsing system to schools and universities to combat plagiarism. They claim that they can handle PDF files, but all the versions I have tried so far (from a LaTeX source, both by way of pdflatex and dvips -Ppdf ; ps2pdf14) is not handled properly by their system (they are slow to respond to questions, so I have had mucho frustration getting them to actually test files for me, all my tests have been using reports mailed to my professsors as tests :-). What I have getten from them is that they need to extract the text from the fil...

code highlighting and copying text from PDF files
I asked 2 questions a couple of days ago but strangely not of them was published! So I'll try again but this time the topics are merged :) 1. How can I get C code highlighting to Sam or Acme? 2. Is there a client like page(1) that allows me to copy text from a PDF file? Very useful while reading Fransisco's books... > 2. Is there a client like page(1) that allows me to copy text from a > PDF file? Very useful while reading Fransisco's books... sadly, no. - erik --bcaec521599f21410b04c1ce6993 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 you could use ps2asc...

Web resources about - Mupdf source code to insert annotations in a pdf - comp.text.pdf

Annotation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An annotation is metadata (e.g. a comment, explanation, presentational markup ) attached to text, image, or other data. Often annotations refer ...

PDF Connect - Annotation, Scanner, Converter, Page Editor and Form Filling on the App Store on iTunes ...
Get PDF Connect - Annotation, Scanner, Converter, Page Editor and Form Filling on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer ...

All sizes - Old annotations - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Michael Jackson's Sonic 3 (With Re-revised Annotations) - YouTube
CHECK OUT http://www.sonicresearch.org/basement/?p=mj_s3 Breakdown of samples and music comparisons I put online some years ago. http://www.sega-16.com/20... ...

Apple’s iTunes U gets 1-to-1 discussions, importing from other apps, PDF annotations, grade book, more ...
... students using the platform will get access to new additions including 1-to-1 discussions, homework hand-in & grade book features, PDF annotations, ...

Author Annotations
Emily Temple compiles a collection of famous writers’ scribbling in the margins or all over the text of others’ books, including Melville on ...

Using Quick Memo for notes and annotations on the LG G2
Along with other nifty software features like Slide Aside and QSlide, LG has included an app called Quick Memo on the G2 that makes it simple ...

Skitch Gets An Update Making The Popular Annotation App Even Better
Skitch , the popular annotation app for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, has received a useful update making a number of changes to the free ...

OS X Yosemite first look: Mail adds inline annotations, Mail Drop
Recent versions of Apple's Mail.app email client haven't been well received, leading to the release of a slew of alternatives. AppleInsider takes ...

PicEdit: feeble image editing, but check out those annotation tools
As image editors go, PicEdit is what you might call "limited." There are manual tweaks for brightness, contrast, hue and saturation, for instance, ...