PDF Barcoding - Automate Filename

I am working on a project that requires me to scan pdf documents
prefixed with a barcode.  I am trying to get the filename to take the
number on the barcode.  (EX.  Barcode = 123456578  Filename =
123454678.pdf).  Then based off the filename automatically sort into
the correct folder.  If the file names starts with 345 put in this
folder.  If the file starts with 667 put in that folder and so on.  I
have seen bits and pieces of potiental solutions however none of them
seemed to be exactly what I need.  Thanks for your help in advance.
0
abeuhring

Hi Alex,

I think I have a solution for you.  Our cost effective commercial package
should be able to create the pdf's and assign the file name/structure based
on your defined variables (bar code number) and of course, file/email or
print to the locations you require.  What is the source of your reports and
in what format are they available.  Is the bar code info always in the same
location and has it been OCR'd or interpreted prior to your required
processing.  If the bar code number is in your document then we can easily
handle it with our OctoPDF software http://www.jbmsystems.com/octopdf.html .
I'd like to know a bit more about your requirements including your expected
volume, single or batch mode processing, what is your output format for the
document and do you have any budget availabe for this project.  Please let
me know as soon as possible and if it looks good, send over a sample
document and we can try it out here.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Larry Taitelbaum,
JBM Systems, Inc. larry@jbmsystems.com
Wk  978 535-7676
Cell 617 633-6678
(AOL Instant Messenger) octopdf larry

"Alex Beuhring" <abeuhring@nam-inc.com> wrote in message
> I am working on a project that requires me to scan pdf documents
> prefixed with a barcode.  I am trying to get the filename to take the
> number on the barcode.  (EX.  Barcode = 123456578  Filename =
> 123454678.pdf).  Then based off the filename automatically sort into
> the correct folder.  If the file names starts with 345 put in this
> folder.  If the file starts with 667 put in that folder and so on.  I
> have seen bits and pieces of potiental solutions however none of them
> seemed to be exactly what I need.  Thanks for your help in advance.

0
Larry
7/10/2003 3:49:09 PM