pdf file to text file ??

Hi....... All

I am working on VC++ 6.0.

In my application, I need to convert PDF file to text (ASCII) file
format.

Can I achieve this task without using PDF SDK.

Is there any commandline EXE available that can perform such task..

Thanks in Advance.

Kireet Gajera

kireetgajera@gmail.com wrote:
> I am working on VC++ 6.0.
>
> In my application, I need to convert PDF file to text (ASCII) file
> format.
>
> Can I achieve this task without using PDF SDK.

Yes.

> Is there any commandline EXE available that can perform such task..

pdftotext in the xpdf package. Have a look at the license before you
include this in any commercial software.

Ralf

0
Ralf
7/11/2005 11:23:29 AM

kireetgajera@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi....... All
>
> I am working on VC++ 6.0.
>
> In my application, I need to convert PDF file to text (ASCII) file
> format.
>
> Can I achieve this task without using PDF SDK.
>
> Is there any commandline EXE available that can perform such task..
>
> Thanks in Advance.
>
> Kireet Gajera

Kireet,
You might try PDF Converter X at
http://www.softinterface.com/PDFX/C...t-Component.HTM  It's an
ActiveX component / DLL that you can add into your development
environment. They included some sample VC6 code for download in a zip
file.  Hope this
helps.
------------
CKZ
http://docupixel.com

0
CZiyad
7/11/2005 3:05:54 PM
Sorry for the convoluted link.  The correct link is
http://www.softinterface.com/PDFX/Convert-PDF-To-Text-Component.HTM

------------
CKZ
http://docupixel.com

0
CZiyad
7/11/2005 3:11:17 PM
kireetgajera@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi....... All
>
> I am working on VC++ 6.0.
>
> In my application, I need to convert PDF file to text (ASCII) file
> format.
>
> Can I achieve this task without using PDF SDK.
>
> Is there any commandline EXE available that can perform such task..

We just announced a new software package for extracting text
from PDF. It includes a command-line tool, as well as a
library/component for development. More details and evaluation
packages are available at http://www.pdflib.com/products/tet

Thomas

Thomas Merz          tm@pdflib.com        http://www.pdflib.com
PDFlib Text Extraction Toolkit (TET): Unicode text from any PDF
_______PDFlib - a library for generating PDF on the fly________
0
Thomas
7/11/2005 8:05:49 PM
I have used that exe (pdftotext.exe), but not working on big file i.e.
filesize > 1 MB.

3 patches are available but how to integrete with existing exe..

can tell me the steps ??

0
kireetgajera