PDF Form Field Duplication

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for looking.  In regards to PDF forms.

I have a combo box and have chosen my value.  I want that value to be
displayed later in a text box further down the form.  Is there a way to do
this?  Calculate?  Validate?  Any ideas welcome.  Thanks, Marcus

0
Marcus

YOu can do this using javascript. If you have any programming experience,
read the javascript manual that comes with full Acrobat, and you will see
some examples.

If you don't have any programming experience, good luck!!

"Marcus G." <marcusg911@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Firstly, thanks for looking.  In regards to PDF forms.
>
> I have a combo box and have chosen my value.  I want that value to be
> displayed later in a text box further down the form.  Is there a way to do
> this?  Calculate?  Validate?  Any ideas welcome.  Thanks, Marcus

0
Dan
5/3/2005 12:55:26 AM
Thanks Dan...

I'm an experienced web site programming in both client and server
environments.  However, as usual, Adobe chooses to make it extra difficult
to do the most basic of their so called 'javascript' programming.  Thanks
for the advice.  I've found the document you suggested.

Marcus G.

"Dan Sideen" <dansideen@rogers.com> wrote in message
> YOu can do this using javascript. If you have any programming experience,
> read the javascript manual that comes with full Acrobat, and you will see
> some examples.
>
> If you don't have any programming experience, good luck!!
>
> "Marcus G." <marcusg911@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Firstly, thanks for looking.  In regards to PDF forms.
> >
> > I have a combo box and have chosen my value.  I want that value to be
> > displayed later in a text box further down the form.  Is there a way to
do
> > this?  Calculate?  Validate?  Any ideas welcome.  Thanks, Marcus

0
Marcus
5/3/2005 3:12:00 AM
Marcus G. wrote:
> I have a combo box and have chosen my value.  I want that value to be
> displayed later in a text box further down the form.  Is there a way to do
> this?  Calculate?  Validate?  Any ideas welcome.  Thanks, Marcus

You can simply assign the same name to both of them - the combo box and
the text box - and AR should take care of synchronizing them. If you
don't want the text box to be editable, there certainly is some kind of
attribute to make it non-editable.

Ralf
0
Ralf
5/3/2005 7:11:43 AM
Thanks Ralf,

I wish it was that easy, but you can't have the same name if the field types
are different - an error is generated by AR.  I'm using Acrobat 6.0.

Marcus G.

"Ralf Koenig" <ralf.koenig@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote in message
> Marcus G. wrote:
> > I have a combo box and have chosen my value.  I want that value to be
> > displayed later in a text box further down the form.  Is there a way to
do
> > this?  Calculate?  Validate?  Any ideas welcome.  Thanks, Marcus
>
> You can simply assign the same name to both of them - the combo box and
> the text box - and AR should take care of synchronizing them. If you
> don't want the text box to be editable, there certainly is some kind of
> attribute to make it non-editable.
>
> Ralf

0
Marcus