Pdf modify: how to cover/hide relevant info?

Hi all.

I have a pdf file somebody sent to me.
I have to sent some else, but i would like to cover (maybe wit a black
band, or whatever) the relevant info (name, contact, etc)

Is there a way?
thanks in advance

9
lcnews (11)

l wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I have a pdf file somebody sent to me.
> I have to sent some else, but i would like to cover (maybe wit a black
> band, or whatever) the relevant info (name, contact, etc)
>
> Is there a way?
> thanks in advance

Sure. But if you can cover it, the recipient can uncover it. So what's
the benefit? Why not just print it out and use a marker or a scissors on
it instead?
-1
Dick
3/4/2007 8:48:52 PM
I like to assume that the other people do not come on this newsgroup
asking for help  on how to uncover.

which is then the method?
thanks

PS: i do not print because i have to send to many people not in the
same city

"l" <lcnews@email.it> wrote:

>I like to assume that the other people do not come on this newsgroup
>asking for help  on how to uncover.

Anyone who understands Acrobat can uncover, or sometimes do it by
accident. Also, if what you cover up is text, the user can still
copy/paste even if you cover it up.

There have been reports of people who tried this with important info
and found themselves embarrassed.

If you don't want people to have the information it has to be removed,
not covered. (It could also be covered so it looks as if it has been
covered).

If you have Acrobat (not the free Reader), consider Redax:
http://www.appligent.com/
Aandi Inston

-1
quite
3/5/2007 8:15:35 AM
l wrote:
> I have a pdf file somebody sent to me.
> I have to sent some else, but i would like to cover (maybe wit a black
> band, or whatever) the relevant info (name, contact, etc)
>
> Is there a way?

Acrobat 8 contains a powerful redaction tool, which reliably
removes all redacted information from the document, regardless
of whether it was represented as text or raster graphics.
This function is completely different from all methods in
earlier versions of Acrobat, which suffer from massive
shortcomings mentioned in the other replies.

Thomas

Thomas Merz             tm@pdflib.com            www.pdflib.com
           PDFlib GmbH, Tal 40, 80331 M�nchen, Germany
   Amtsgericht M�nchen HRB 129497, Gesch�ftsf�hrer Thomas Merz
PDFlib 7:  Create PDF/A for archiving, format tables, and more!
_______PDFlib - a library for generating PDF on the fly________
0
Thomas
3/5/2007 11:11:13 AM
In article <1173040999.350324.246580@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com>,
l <lcnews@email.it> wrote:
>Hi all.
>
>I have a pdf file somebody sent to me.
>I have to sent some else, but i would like to cover (maybe wit a black
>band, or whatever) the relevant info (name, contact, etc)
>
>Is there a way?

If you do not have Acrobat 8 (as suggested by someone else), the
following is a relatively low-tech option:

1. Cover/delete the area in question with your favourite PDF editor.

2. Print the page(s) affected, or export them to some graphical format
(GIF, TIFF, etc.)

3. Convert the result back to PDF, either by scanning the paper copy
or by converting the GIF/TIFF/whatever back to PDF.

This process should have removed the information from the document
entirely, at the cost of it now being a bitmap. (Assuming that the
intermediate format you selected doesn't retain such information of
course.)

Cheers
	Bent D
--