f



PDF usergroup is unless for pdf info. No gurus here may as well close down

Hi "gurus"
I asked about a pdf slideshow and got one reply(thanks).
I need this in alinux enviroment , the solution I have is windows.
I does not make sense that a Portable Document Format has to be change 
to a "bit image" from vectorised to make a slideshow
I have found out that jpeg can be made into pdf slideshow and played 
with acrobat reader great.
I presume the same can be done with pdfs. It does seem to hard as this 
example below can display a pdf slideshow using 4 jpeg images.

What is the header and trailing info required. I should not have to 
reinvent the "adobe" wheel.

Oh adobe why dont you publish this, it is useful.


%PDF-1.4
%����
1 0 obj
<<
    /Type /Catalog
    /Outlines 2 0 R
    /Pages 3 0 R
    /Names 8 0 R
 >>
endobj
2 0 obj
<< /Type /Outlines
    /Count 0
 >>
endobj
3 0 obj
<< /Type /Pages
    /Kids [4 0 R]
    /Count 1
 >>
endobj
4 0 obj
<< /Type /Page
    /Parent 3 0 R
    /MediaBox [0 0 612 792]
    /Contents 5 0 R
    /Resources << /ProcSet 6 0 R
                  /Font << /F1 7 0 R >>
               >>
 >>
endobj
5 0 obj
<< /Length 17 0 R >>
stream
     BT
         /F1 12 Tf
         36 720 Td
         (This SlideShow needs Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.x or above.) Tj
         0 -20 Td
         (Download the free Adobe SVG Viewer 3.0 and/or Adobe Reader 6.0 
under) Tj
         0 -20 Td
         (http://www.adobe.com to view the slideshow!) Tj
     ET
endstream
endobj
6 0 obj
     [/PDF /Text]
endobj
7 0 obj
<<  /Type /Font
     /Subtype /Type1
     /Name /F1
     /BaseFont /Helvetica
     /Encoding /MacRomanEncoding
 >>
endobj
8 0 obj
<<
     /AlternatePresentations 11 0 R
     /JavaScript 9 0 R
 >>
endobj
9 0 obj
<<
     /Names [ (OnLoadJavaScript)<< /S /JavaScript /JS 10 0 R >> ]
 >>
endobj
10 0 obj
<<  /Length 18 0 R >>
stream
if (alternatePresentations['MySVGFile.svg'] != null ) {
     app.fs.isFullScreen = true;
     alternatePresentations['MySVGFile.svg'].start(null);
}
endstream
endobj
11 0 obj
<<
     /Names [ (MySVGFile.svg)12 0 R ]
 >>
endobj
12 0 obj
<<
     /Type /SlideShow
     /Subtype /Embedded
     /Resources 13 0 R
     /StartResource (MySVGFile.svg)
 >>
endobj
13 0 obj
<<
     /Names [ (MySVGFile.svg) 14 0 R (imgaaab.jpg) 20 0 R (imgaaac.jpg) 
21 0 R (imgaaad.jpg) 22 0 R (imgaaae.jpg) 23 0 R ]
 >>
endobj
14 0 obj
<<
     /Type /FileSpec
     /F (MySVGFile.svg)
     /EF 15 0 R
 >>
endobj
15 0 obj
<<
     /F 16 0 R
 >>
endobj
16 0 obj
<<
     /Length 19 0 R
     /Type /EmbeddedFile
     /Subtype /image#2Fsvg+xml
     /Filter /FlateDecode
 >>
stream
x��WQo�0~G�?x��� 5�Y���V��1�ѐ#�8�����&mHE��2K����}���l��n��h
2��ۢ�X����ӱss���\1�8�c�⻏�����7{| |��
{;����ҟ��t�]Q�R��	�p�����RY���f��\�R�لE2�m����n�v��V lP
�޵��~�5�қbws�tH��<�دֵ��B[�,���� *�y���x�r��q��/v������F@�r
s��<a!�ٰ��FV>�I�[�~f!F���>���)��x{�ţ~P 0J3��ʀJ�<�
[Aă
0
6/30/2006 9:42:15 AM
comp.text.pdf 5600 articles. 0 followers. ramon (1518) is leader. Post Follow

18 Replies
1680 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 35

Hi,

#1: What does your subject mean to say? Is it a hint that (new) usenet
users tend to ask more stupid questions in a more rude fashion than in
the years before? Do you really think that there aren't at least a few
people here who really know a lot about PDFs? Well, isn't it you then
who should stop bothering about this group?

#2:

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:42:15 +0100 No one <anyone@anywhere.universe>
wrote:

> Hi "gurus"

Hi "smart question poster".

> I asked about a pdf slideshow and got one reply(thanks).

You're welcome.

> I need this in alinux enviroment , the solution I have is windows.

The solution I suggested was in fact linux/windows/xBSD based (pdftoppm
exists for a lot of platforms).

> I does not make sense that a Portable Document Format has to be
> change to a "bit image" from vectorised to make a slideshow

Of course it does. Your monitor will most likely not accept a vector
format. So it has to get rasterized at one point. Your PDF viewer of
choice does it, too.

> I have found out that jpeg can be made into pdf slideshow and played 
> with acrobat reader great.
>
> I presume the same can be done with pdfs. It does seem to hard as
> this example below can display a pdf slideshow using 4 jpeg images.

It seems to use javascript to archieve the slideshow effect. Likely to
work on acrobat only.

> What is the header and trailing info required. I should not have to 
> reinvent the "adobe" wheel.

What header and trailing info are you talking about?

> Oh adobe why dont you publish this, it is useful.

Oh, there's a plenty of JS docs available, I think. I just didn't
expect you were asking for an Adobe-only way when you were talking
about linux based solutions. There are people in this group who know
their bit about JS in PDF, too. Not me, cause I don't see much reason
for it personally.

And yes, there's a Acrobat Reader for Linux, too. I don't know which JS
subset it implements.

-hwh
0
Hans
6/30/2006 10:16:52 AM
No one wrote:

> I have found out that jpeg can be made into pdf slideshow and played 
> with acrobat reader great.
> I presume the same can be done with pdfs.

I didn't answer your previous post because there was something in the 
tone that scared me away. It is pretty easy to write some iText code 
(Java; it works on Linux) that reads PDF files (with PdfReader) and 
writes them to a new document (PdfImportedPage objects to a PdfWriter) 
but adding a duration and a transition (for instance using PdfPageEvents).
Of course this does mean you will have to do some (rather simple) 
programming. If I had the time, I could write this in an hour or two.
br,
Bruno
0
bruno
6/30/2006 10:57:02 AM
On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:42:15 +0100, No one <anyone@anywhere.universe> wrote:

> Hi "gurus"

Not a guru but some google-ing got me someway to a porential solution.

> I asked about a pdf slideshow and got one reply(thanks).

Perhaps more replies than you can expect given how much you paid.

> I need this in alinux enviroment , the solution I have is windows.

Okay so what are your options here. There's Acrobat 7 for Linux or there's
GhostScript, xpdf and various deratives. For consistency let's assume you 
are going with Acrobat 7 for Linux.

> I does not make sense that a Portable Document Format has to be change 
> to a "bit image" from vectorised to make a slideshow
> I have found out that jpeg can be made into pdf slideshow and played 
> with acrobat reader great.
> I presume the same can be done with pdfs. It does seem to hard as this 
> example below can display a pdf slideshow using 4 jpeg images.

It's not clear exactly what you want or how you envision it working. Your
original post mentioned PDF files being email and then displayed. Perhaps
if, instead of bitching about no one giving you free advice, you explained
more carefully/throughly what you wanted then the "gurus" might be able to
advise properly. No one is going to put work into understanding what the
**** you are after if you don't explain yourself in the first place.

Some of what you appear to be asking for is already in Acrobat 7 for
Linux. But without knowing more about the environment telling you how you
utilise those features isn't possible.

> What is the header and trailing info required. I should not have to 
> reinvent the "adobe" wheel.

Perhaps all the header/trailer stuff required is some shell script
programming to call acroread with a suitable set of command line options.  
But without more information from you who knows.

> Oh adobe why dont you publish this, it is useful.

Because they want to sell it to you not give it away free.

Regards, Trevor

<>< Re: deemed!
0
Trevor
6/30/2006 12:14:45 PM
No one wrote:
> Hi "gurus"

> 
> What is the header and trailing info required. I should not have to 
> reinvent the "adobe" wheel.
> 
> Oh adobe why dont you publish this, it is useful.
> 

You can find the documentation here:

http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/acrobat/devcenter.html
0
Bernd
6/30/2006 12:35:42 PM
Hi all
Thanks for your input

Mea culpa Mea Culpa Mea Maxima culpa

I just have on thing to add in the interest of speed volume etc 
rastering should be the very last stage.
A simple example I converted a 400K pdf file to ppm with 54 files having 
a total in excess of 34 Mb

Thanks again
0
No
6/30/2006 1:35:24 PM
No one wrote:

> Hi all
> Thanks for your input
> 
> Mea culpa Mea Culpa Mea Maxima culpa
> 
> I just have on thing to add in the interest of speed volume etc 
> rastering should be the very last stage.
> A simple example I converted a 400K pdf file to ppm with 54 files having 
> a total in excess of 34 Mb
> 
> Thanks again

That should be 320 Mb file not 34
0
No
6/30/2006 1:37:10 PM
Trevor Jenkins wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:42:15 +0100, No one <anyone@anywhere.universe> wrote:
> 
> 
>>Hi "gurus"
> 
> 
> Not a guru but some google-ing got me someway to a porential solution.
> 
> 
>>I asked about a pdf slideshow and got one reply(thanks).
> 
> 
> Perhaps more replies than you can expect given how much you paid.
> 
> 
>>I need this in alinux enviroment , the solution I have is windows.
> 
> 
> Okay so what are your options here. There's Acrobat 7 for Linux or there's
> GhostScript, xpdf and various deratives. For consistency let's assume you 
> are going with Acrobat 7 for Linux.
> 
> 
>>I does not make sense that a Portable Document Format has to be change 
>>to a "bit image" from vectorised to make a slideshow
>>I have found out that jpeg can be made into pdf slideshow and played 
>>with acrobat reader great.
>>I presume the same can be done with pdfs. It does seem to hard as this 
>>example below can display a pdf slideshow using 4 jpeg images.
> 
> 
> It's not clear exactly what you want or how you envision it working. Your
> original post mentioned PDF files being email and then displayed. Perhaps
> if, instead of bitching about no one giving you free advice, you explained
> more carefully/throughly what you wanted then the "gurus" might be able to
> advise properly. No one is going to put work into understanding what the
> **** you are after if you don't explain yourself in the first place.

I have pdf documents in a directory. I want to automatic system to 
diplay all pages/doucument with a 10 sec delay between page/document in 
full screen no border see nothing but document.

> 
> Some of what you appear to be asking for is already in Acrobat 7 for
> Linux. But without knowing more about the environment telling you how you
> utilise those features isn't possible.
> 
> 
>>What is the header and trailing info required. I should not have to 
>>reinvent the "adobe" wheel.
> 
> 
> Perhaps all the header/trailer stuff required is some shell script
> programming to call acroread with a suitable set of command line options.  
> But without more information from you who knows.
> 
> 
>>Oh adobe why dont you publish this, it is useful.
> 
> 
> Because they want to sell it to you not give it away free.
> 
> Regards, Trevor
> 
> <>< Re: deemed!
0
No
6/30/2006 1:47:48 PM
Hi,

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 14:37:10 +0100 No one <anyone@anywhere.universe>
wrote:

> > I just have on thing to add in the interest of speed volume etc 
> > rastering should be the very last stage.
> > A simple example I converted a 400K pdf file to ppm with 54 files
> > having a total in excess of 34 Mb
> > 
> > Thanks again
> 
> That should be 320 Mb file not 34

:-) OK, I should have been more verbose on this. Of course, PPM/PBM/PGM
is per se not compressed in any way. So it would probably be wise to
pipe all this into a compressor, e.g. a png converter.

OTOH, since pdftoppm can extract single pages, you could just pipe its
output to some graphics viewer and not store it at all.

Ghostscript can do this, too. It even has output devices for compressed
raster image formats, so if this is the approach you want to go, it may
fit better (and is available for numerous platforms, too).

My suggestion was meant to provide some basic idea of how to implement
such a slideshow with not too much of work (a little shell scripting).
In fact, I didn't think of the transition settings for PDFs that Bruno
mentioned. This is probably the easiest approach if you don't hesitate
to do a (fairly simple) bit of java programming. The result would be a
new PDF which has the transition effects. As a starting point I would
suggest having a look at the iText examples available online and look
at one of these which uses PdfStamper to make small modifications to a
document.

-hwh
0
Hans
6/30/2006 1:50:03 PM
On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 14:47:48 +0100, No one <anyone@anywhere.universe> wrote:
> Trevor Jenkins wrote:
> 
> > It's not clear exactly what you want or how you envision it working. Your
> > original post mentioned PDF files being email and then displayed. Perhaps
> > if, instead of bitching about no one giving you free advice, you explained
> > more carefully/throughly what you wanted then the "gurus" might be able to
> > advise properly. No one is going to put work into understanding what the
> > **** you are after if you don't explain yourself in the first place.
> 
> I have pdf documents in a directory. I want to automatic system to 
> diplay all pages/doucument with a 10 sec delay between page/document in 
> full screen no border see nothing but document.

Try this. Go to the Acrobat 7 for Linux Prefences dialog. Set the Full 
Screen options: Advance every ... seconds (and change the number to 10) 
and maybe Loop after last page. Lower down the dialog select the 
transition you want. 

> > Some of what you appear to be asking for is already in Acrobat 7 for
> > Linux. But without knowing more about the environment telling you how you
> > utilise those features isn't possible.

So as I said some of this functionality is ready and waiting for you.

> >>What is the header and trailing info required. I should not have to 
> >>reinvent the "adobe" wheel.
> > 
> > 
> > Perhaps all the header/trailer stuff required is some shell script
> > programming to call acroread with a suitable set of command line options.  
> > But without more information from you who knows.

You can write a shell script that globs the names of all the PDF files. 
Whether you do it with a simple wildcard on the command line, with xargs 
or the find filter depends on how many files exist and whether you want to 
have all the documents open at the same time or work through them in 
sequence. Personally I'd use find as it give greater control over other 
file attributes (creation time, etc).

Now the exercise for the reader ;-) is how to force Acrobat Reader to give 
you full screen display from the shell command. There doesn't seem to be a 
command line option but there are obvious X resources that can be set. 
Otherwise edit the Adobe Reader preferences and force full screen mode. 
You might also want to investigate setting some of the options or 
resources from the command line so your script does exactly what you want. 
This will prevent someone fiddling with the Reader preferences you 
needed to set up the top.

(If you force full screen mode then you don't have to have put transitions 
into the original PDF files. Reader will force these even when missing.)

Should you require more assitance email me privately to discuss my fee. :-|

Regards, Trevor

<>< Re: deemed!
0
Trevor
6/30/2006 2:21:30 PM
Trevor Jenkins wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 14:47:48 +0100, No one <anyone@anywhere.universe> wrote:
> 
>>Trevor Jenkins wrote:
>>
>>
>>>It's not clear exactly what you want or how you envision it working. Your
>>>original post mentioned PDF files being email and then displayed. Perhaps
>>>if, instead of bitching about no one giving you free advice, you explained
>>>more carefully/throughly what you wanted then the "gurus" might be able to
>>>advise properly. No one is going to put work into understanding what the
>>>**** you are after if you don't explain yourself in the first place.
>>
>>I have pdf documents in a directory. I want to automatic system to 
>>diplay all pages/doucument with a 10 sec delay between page/document in 
>>full screen no border see nothing but document.
> 
> 
> Try this. Go to the Acrobat 7 for Linux Prefences dialog. Set the Full 
> Screen options: Advance every ... seconds (and change the number to 10) 
> and maybe Loop after last page. Lower down the dialog select the 
> transition you want. 
> 
> 
>>>Some of what you appear to be asking for is already in Acrobat 7 for
>>>Linux. But without knowing more about the environment telling you how you
>>>utilise those features isn't possible.
> 
> 
> So as I said some of this functionality is ready and waiting for you.
> 
> 
>>>>What is the header and trailing info required. I should not have to 
>>>>reinvent the "adobe" wheel.
>>>
>>>
>>>Perhaps all the header/trailer stuff required is some shell script
>>>programming to call acroread with a suitable set of command line options.  
>>>But without more information from you who knows.
> 
> 
> You can write a shell script that globs the names of all the PDF files. 
> Whether you do it with a simple wildcard on the command line, with xargs 
> or the find filter depends on how many files exist and whether you want to 
> have all the documents open at the same time or work through them in 
> sequence. Personally I'd use find as it give greater control over other 
> file attributes (creation time, etc).
Simple answer

ls -t | grep pdf

The answer is often shorter rather than procrastinating. This is not a 
philisophical debate group.


> Now the exercise for the reader ;-) is how to force Acrobat Reader to give 
> you full screen display from the shell command. There doesn't seem to be a 
> command line option but there are obvious X resources that can be set. 
> Otherwise edit the Adobe Reader preferences and force full screen mode. 
> You might also want to investigate setting some of the options or 
> resources from the command line so your script does exactly what you want. 
> This will prevent someone fiddling with the Reader preferences you 
> needed to set up the top.
> 
> (If you force full screen mode then you don't have to have put transitions 
> into the original PDF files. Reader will force these even when missing.)
> 
> Should you require more assitance email me privately to discuss my fee. :-|
I come from the Linus Torvalds school
I am prepared to give scripts that I have to group but people may not 
interested in the
automated email collection, filter and creation
uudeview
smtp client
mysql
user verification
scripts that I create for this project. I give answers where I can and 
hope quid pro quo. This is how we all can work together and I though the 
whole philosophy of the newsgroups , not quick buck merchants. Thank you 
for your help but as I said I have to reinvent this wheel



> 
> Regards, Trevor
> 
> <>< Re: deemed!
0
No
6/30/2006 4:24:58 PM
No one wrote:
> I give answers where I can and 
> hope quid pro quo.

I'm not even asking quid pro quo,
only that people are more friendly
when you give them something for free.

About a month ago I couldn't answer
a question due to lack of time, I answered
that I had a dayjob and that I couldn't this
the OP's job in his place. I ended my mail
with "I hope you understand."

This is the answer I received:
"ur name's all over the itext forums..
  seemed like u had alot of time..
  u sure u have a job?"

In hindsight I know there's only a very
small percentage that rude, but at that
moment I was completely disgusted.
br,
Bruno

(sorry for this off-topic message)
0
Bruno
6/30/2006 4:38:13 PM
On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 17:24:58 +0100, No one <anyone@anywhere.universe> wrote:
> Trevor Jenkins wrote:
> 
> > You can write a shell script that globs the names of all the PDF files. 
> > Whether you do it with a simple wildcard on the command line, with xargs 
> > or the find filter depends on how many files exist and whether you want to 
> > have all the documents open at the same time or work through them in 
> > sequence. Personally I'd use find as it give greater control over other 
> > file attributes (creation time, etc).
> Simple answer
> 
> ls -t | grep pdf

But you haven't done anything with the resultant list. The simpler

find . -name "*pdf" -exec acroread {} \;

will go find all files with the pdf extension, not of course the same
thing as finding PDF file --- for that you'd need to put the file filter
in there too, and then start Acrobat Reader for each one.

> The answer is often shorter rather than procrastinating. This is not a 
> philisophical debate group.

Maybe not but sometime questioners need to debate the thing they are
asking for.

> > Should you require more assitance email me privately to discuss my fee. :-|
> I come from the Linus Torvalds school

Me too. But I have a family to feed and assistance beyond the outline 
solution above keeps me from paying work.

> I am prepared to give scripts that I have to group but people may not 
> interested in the
> automated email collection, filter and creation
> uudeview
> smtp client
> mysql
> user verification
> scripts that I create for this project. I give answers where I can and 
> hope quid pro quo. This is how we all can work together and I though the 
> whole philosophy of the newsgroups , ...

Now who's being philosophical. But what you're actually doing is hacking
people off.

> ... not quick buck merchants. Thank you 
> for your help but as I said I have to reinvent this wheel

You are not reinventing the wheel here because Adobe haven't done anything
like this. They have however provided you with enough hooks to put your
own solution together. 

Regards, Trevor

<>< Re: deemed!
0
Trevor
6/30/2006 4:47:40 PM
What application displays a fullscreen no border pdf file just the text.
What arguments has the application have
0
No
7/3/2006 2:38:58 PM
Hi,

On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 15:38:58 +0100 No one <anyone@anywhere.universe>
wrote:

> What application displays a fullscreen no border pdf file just the
> text. What arguments has the application have

As a short note before going into the question: for Linux, the
application doesn't render a window border, that's what the window
manager is for. The WM *might* be able to interpret WM hints. So if you
have problems here, check your WM.

Xpdf has a fullscreen option. It also can run in server mode. So what
probably works for you is the following short script (works in current
dir):

---snip
#!/bin/sh
ls *.{pdf,PDF,Pdf,PDf,pDf} | while read pdf; do \
xpdf -fullscreen -remote PdfShow "$pdf" & export XPDFPID=$! && sleep 5 \
&& seq 2 $(pdfinfo "$pdf"|awk '/Pages:/{print $2}')|while read page; do \
xpdf -remote PdfShow "$pdf" $page; sleep 5; done; done
---snip

xpdf, pdfinfo are from xpdf package,
awk, sleep, sh are typically installed.


-hwh
0
Hans
7/3/2006 3:44:06 PM
Errrr,...

> ---snip
> #!/bin/sh
> ls *.{pdf,PDF,Pdf,PDf,pDf} | while read pdf; do \
> xpdf -fullscreen -remote PdfShow "$pdf" & export XPDFPID=$! && sleep
> 5 \ && seq 2 $(pdfinfo "$pdf"|awk '/Pages:/{print $2}')|while read
> page; do \ xpdf -remote PdfShow "$pdf" $page; sleep 5; done; done
> ---snip

....insert a "kill $XPDFPID;" right before the last "done".

-hwh
0
Hans
7/3/2006 3:53:23 PM
Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:

> Errrr,...
> 
> 
>>---snip
>>#!/bin/sh
>>ls *.{pdf,PDF,Pdf,PDf,pDf} | while read pdf; do \
>>xpdf -fullscreen -remote PdfShow "$pdf" & export XPDFPID=$! && sleep
>>5 \ && seq 2 $(pdfinfo "$pdf"|awk '/Pages:/{print $2}')|while read
>>page; do \ xpdf -remote PdfShow "$pdf" $page; sleep 5; done; done
>>---snip
> 
> 
> ...insert a "kill $XPDFPID;" right before the last "done".
> 
> -hwh


Thank you this is very useful and very good and more than I expected
but
sorry the bottom of the screen is shown ("the play buttons")is there a 
way around this
0
No
7/3/2006 4:20:35 PM
Hi,

On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 17:20:35 +0100 No one <anyone@anywhere.universe>
wrote:

> Thank you this is very useful and very good and more than I expected
> but
> sorry the bottom of the screen is shown ("the play buttons")is there
> a way around this

Hm, the "-fullscreen" Option should at least take care of that. For me
on my machine, it does. You might want to try to append the
"-fullscreen" option to the second call to xpdf, too.

There was another minor glitch I could have done better: One can even
issue a "quit" command to a "-remote" instance of xpdf, so instead of
playing with PIDs and killing tasks, one would probably better do

---snip
#!/bin/sh
ls *.{pdf,PDF,Pdf,PDf,pDf} | while read pdf; do
	xpdf -fullscreen -remote PdfShow "$pdf" &
	sleep 5
	seq 2 $(pdfinfo "$pdf"|awk '/Pages:/{print $2}') | while read page; do
		xpdf -remote PdfShow "$pdf" $page
		sleep 5
	done
	xpdf -remote PdfShow -quit
done
---snip
(this is more readable formatted)

-hwh
0
Hans
7/4/2006 9:55:02 AM
Thanks Hans for your help

I found another way and one command

display -backdrop -delay 700 *.pdf

It is from the imagemagick suite


700 = 7  seconds











Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 17:20:35 +0100 No one <anyone@anywhere.universe>
> wrote:
> 
> 
>>Thank you this is very useful and very good and more than I expected
>>but
>>sorry the bottom of the screen is shown ("the play buttons")is there
>>a way around this
> 
> 
> Hm, the "-fullscreen" Option should at least take care of that. For me
> on my machine, it does. You might want to try to append the
> "-fullscreen" option to the second call to xpdf, too.
> 
> There was another minor glitch I could have done better: One can even
> issue a "quit" command to a "-remote" instance of xpdf, so instead of
> playing with PIDs and killing tasks, one would probably better do
> 
> ---snip
> #!/bin/sh
> ls *.{pdf,PDF,Pdf,PDf,pDf} | while read pdf; do
> 	xpdf -fullscreen -remote PdfShow "$pdf" &
> 	sleep 5
> 	seq 2 $(pdfinfo "$pdf"|awk '/Pages:/{print $2}') | while read page; do
> 		xpdf -remote PdfShow "$pdf" $page
> 		sleep 5
> 	done
> 	xpdf -remote PdfShow -quit
> done
> ---snip
> (this is more readable formatted)
> 
> -hwh
0
No
7/5/2006 2:53:03 PM
Reply: