Print an A2 poster on two A3 sheets of paper

Hi all

I have a poster in pdf that is A2 size.  I want to print it on two A3
sheets.  (Put two A3 sheets side-by-side and you get A2.)

How can I do this?

My attempts:
- In Reader, I can select the printer to print A3 and set the Page
Scaling to "None", and the left half of the poster prints (the first
A3 sheet).  Then I rotated the document and repeated, expecting (as
the preview showed me) the right half. Alas, I got the left half
again!

- I then tried pdf toolkit to do the rotation, and repeat as above.
But it also prints the left half of the page second time round
(despite the Reader preview showing the right half would be printed).

I was hoping that I might be able to split large sheets into smaller
sheets, but I can't see a way to do so.

Does anyone else have any ideas?  (I have Reader 8.1 on Debian linux,
but i also have access to a Windows machine also with Reader 8)

Thanks.

P.

0
pkaldunn (8)

maybe this product works for you.
http://blog.rubypdf.com/2007/02/19/split-an-a3-pagegenerated-by-n-up-application-to-double-a4-pages

On Oct 29, 11:23 am, pkald...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have a poster in pdf that is A2 size.  I want to print it on two A3
> sheets.  (Put two A3 sheets side-by-side and you get A2.)
>
> How can I do this?
>
> My attempts:
> - In Reader, I can select the printer to print A3 and set the Page
> Scaling to "None", and the left half of the poster prints (the first
> A3 sheet).  Then I rotated the document and repeated, expecting (as
> the preview showed me) the right half. Alas, I got the left half
> again!
>
> - I then tried pdf toolkit to do the rotation, and repeat as above.
> But it also prints the left half of the page second time round
> (despite the Reader preview showing the right half would be printed).
>
> I was hoping that I might be able to split large sheets into smaller
> sheets, but I can't see a way to do so.
>
> Does anyone else have any ideas?  (I have Reader 8.1 on Debian linux,
> but i also have access to a Windows machine also with Reader 8)
>
> Thanks.
>
> P.

0
Steven