Printing a PDF from Another PDF

is there any way I can print a PDF Document from another PDF.  The
reason I am asking this is that I have a PDF list containing approx.
50 PDF Documents and would like to be able to print a chosen Document
from my list rather than linking to it and then printing it when it
has opened.

Thanks in anticipation

PDF TO PDF/A
Hello, is it possible to convert a PDF file to PDFA file ? i tried the -dPDFA option and i vefy my pdf file with PDF longlife. I have an error. Thanks for help. ...

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)

extract text layer from searchable pdf and merge with another pdf
Dear comp.text.pdfians I have a pdf (a searchable pdf consisting in book pages scans, then passed to ocr that has added a text layer hidden under images, so pdf is searchable) this pdf has jbig2 compression (it counts 135 pages in A5 format scanned at 300 dpi and its size is about 1928 KB) After ocrization, I noticed that scans have been degrated in quality, so I want extract text layer and merge this text layer with another copy of same pdf containing scans in high quality it is possible extract a text layer from a pdf and then merge with raster layer of another pdf? -- Puppy Linux...

4x PDF Help
Hi Everyone -- we've launched a new question and answer site for all PDF questions. It's based on the highly popular technology platform used by StackOverflow.com, and provides a great environment for getting your questions answered and answering other people's questions. Check it out --> http://help.4xpdf.com/ Cheers, - Rowan. ...

ANN: Fly Text to PDF

PDF TO PDF MULTIPAGES
Hello, (gs 8.54 -Windows XP) i try this to convert a pdf file to one pdf file per page: gs.exe -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -o c:\fic-%d.pdf -q c:\colle.pdf It doesn't work. Is works with jpeg files: gs.exe -sDEVICE=jpeg -o c:\fic-%d.jpg -q c:\colle.pdf Thanks for Help. Christophe BADET Christophe BADET wrote: > Hello, > > (gs 8.54 -Windows XP) > i try this to convert a pdf file to one pdf file per page: > > gs.exe -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -o c:\fic-%d.pdf -q c:\colle.pdf > It doesn't work. > Is works with jpeg files: > gs.exe -sDEVICE=jpeg -o c:\fic-%d.jpg -q c:\colle.pdf > Thanks for Help. > Christophe BADET No, this technique won't work, since the pdfwrite device supports multiple page output. You can get the result this way rem replace 33 with real last page number for /L %i in (1,1,33) do gs.exe -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dFirstPage=%i -dLastPage=%i -sOutputFile=c:\fic-%i.pdf -q c:\colle.pdf But a much easier way is to use pdftk: pdftk.exe c:\colle.pdf burst http://www.pdfhacks.com/pdftk/ In article <456b03f5$0$1027$426a74cc@news.free.fr>, Christophe BADET wrote: > (gs 8.54 -Windows XP) > i try this to convert a pdf file to one pdf file per page: > PDF Tool Kit. As the home page (which you'll have to Google for) says "it's an electronic staple-remover, hole punch, stapler and general tray of tools for doing to PDFs what you'd do with ink-on-paper" Specifically, it has an "e...

Copy from a PDF to PDF
Is it possible to copy a piece of text from a page (not the whole page) from a PDF file and paste it into another PDF file in a desired position? Thanks in article YT2Fb.22892$vi2.19893@twister.auna.com, jesusp at jesusp@arrakis.es wrote on 12/20/03 1:09 PM: > Is it possible to copy a piece of text from a page (not the whole page) from > a PDF file and paste it into another PDF file in a desired position? - Yep - copy and paste. You may have to crop it first to get just what you want. And it may not paste into position - you need to move it around. - I suppose it depends on which applications you have at hand. Acrobat will certainly do it. MSD Thx, I crop the desired rectangle in the first PDF, select it with the TouchUp Object Tool, then copy it, but the WHOLE page is pasted in the second PDF and I'd like to have only the part I want. At least this is what I get with ACROBAT 5.0. Am I doing something wrong? "WharfRat" <wharfrat@footprintsphotographics.com> wrote in message news:BC09FB34.10D43%wharfrat@footprintsphotographics.com... in article YT2Fb.22892$vi2.19893@twister.auna.com, jesusp at jesusp@arrakis.es wrote on 12/20/03 1:09 PM: > Is it possible to copy a piece of text from a page (not the whole page) from > a PDF file and paste it into another PDF file in a desired position? - Yep - copy and paste. You may have to crop it first to get just what you want. And it may not paste into position - you need to move it around. - I...

How can I convert .txt to .pdf or .pdf to .pdf, controlling fonts?
I am trying to put some Quicken reports onto my iPhone, and I find the default .pdf print font is not clear enough. I'd like to try the Arial font (which I find to be the clearest of all fonts), but this involves either 1- converting the Quicken report .txt file to a .pdf, somehow, with control of the font, or 2- converting the Quicken report .pdf file from the default font to an Arial font .pdf and then moving the resulting .pdf to my iPhone. So far, I have failed. Does anyone know how to do this, either on a mac or on a pc? In article <4cdd4f7e$0$18655$c3e8da3$38634283@news.astraweb.com>, Gary <gary_w1@hotline.com> wrote: > I am trying to put some Quicken reports onto my iPhone, and I find > the default .pdf print font is not clear enough. I'd like to try the > Arial font (which I find to be the clearest of all fonts), but this > involves either > > 1- converting the Quicken report .txt file to a .pdf, somehow, with > control of the font, or > > 2- converting the Quicken report .pdf file from the default font to > an Arial font .pdf > > and then moving the resulting .pdf to my iPhone. > > So far, I have failed. Does anyone know how to do this, either on a > mac or on a pc? Open the file in Quicken. Use the Arial font in the size of your choice. Select "Print" and then click on the "PDF" button on the print dialog box. Se...

Printing to PDF uding Free PDF / GhostScript
I have installed Free PDF, Ghostscript, Redmon and Adobe Prostscript Printer on WinXP Home, and it worked nicely. But suddenly I get an errror: "The input postscript file file: c:\window Sorry, my keyboard went crazy (working over a GoToMyPC line which sometimes gives problems with the keyboeard). This was what I tried to write: I have installed Free PDF, Ghostscript, Redmon and Adobe Prostscript Printer on WinXP Home, and it worked nicely. But suddenly I get an errror: {"The input postscript file file: c:\window\reda02784} > > John Je ...

Printing A4 Pdf to A5 landscape Pdf for ebook
Hello, is it possible to print an A4 Pdf to an A5 landscape Pdf for ebook, in order to zoom each A4 page on 2 smaller A5 pages in landscape, without having to reflow the pdf file (a very difficult task) : I tried a lot of combinations without success : the destination page is never rotated from source page. Thanks for help. P.S.: I am using CutePdf to print the pdf into another pdf. ------------------------------------------------------- Patrice Dargenton patrice.dargenton@free.fr http://patrice.dargenton.free.fr/index.html ------------------------------------------------------- Patrice Dargenton wrote: > Hello, is it possible to print an A4 Pdf to an A5 landscape Pdf for ebook, > in order to zoom each A4 page on 2 smaller A5 pages in landscape, without > having to reflow the pdf file (a very difficult task) : I tried a lot of > combinations without success : the destination page is never rotated from > source page. > Thanks for help. > P.S.: I am using CutePdf to print the pdf into another pdf. I convert with pdf2ps and use psnup, then convert back with ps2pdf. ///Peter Thank you. Pdf2Ps doesn't exist for Windows (can't find it), but I found psnup with PSUtils for Windows : for the moment I did not find to good way to do the trick. Does I really need Pdf2Ps to rotate before changing the size, or can psnup both rotate and resize the page ? "Peter Flynn" <peter.nosp@m.silmaril.ie> a �crit dans le message de news: 836jlq...

PDF::API2
Hello All, I am new to PDF files so I don't really know if what I want to do is possible and how to use the PDF::API2 modules. I need to extract information from columns in a table ( I assume that PDF does not know anything about tables). What I was thinking of doing was finding the horizontal location of the header (I know what it should be), then extract all text that starts at that location. I have played around with the PDF::API2 module and read the 'Using PDF::API2 - The code' help page, however it doesn't show me how to extract information from an existing file. ...

Mergin Background pdf with another multi pages pdf
Hi NG, in an office program i can only print black on white, so only Text. By printing out with a printer i have normal ofice paper with our company logo. But, i also want to send some documents by mail. (pdf) To make a pdf File i use an PDF Printer. PowerPDF Creator (www.sourceforge.net) and it is doing its job verry fine. But here i also only got black on white pdf files. But how to merge our Company LetterBackground to the pdf files? Thnx for help Jan Schmidt Jan Schmidt <histery@gmx.net>: > in an office program i can only print black on white, so only Text. > By pri...

A PDF into a FM file then save as pdf... how to have alll the pages of the included pdf file
FM 7.2 We can import a complete PDF file as an object into a framemaker file. Then when we try to generate a pdf from this framemaker file, we have only the firts page of the pdf imported. Is there a method to import a pdf file and force FM to generate a pdf file with save as... with the complete pdf file inserted into the padf ? > We can import a complete PDF file as an object into a framemaker file. Then > when we try to generate a pdf from this framemaker file, we have only the > firts page of the pdf imported. > > Is there a method to import a pdf file and force FM to generate a pdf file > with save as... with the complete pdf file inserted into the padf ? FrameMaker imports PDF files per page only. To do something similar to what you intend, I once came up with a Windows shell script that writes out a MIF file, incorporating the name of a referenced PDF file and its page count. Note that the MIF code was just stripped off a file and isn't constructed very nicely, but it does the job. After running the script, you should use FrameMaker to open and save the output file. There is no text flow, thus you can't import the file into a document, but you can use it as part of a book instead. Regards Johannes Here is the VB script, feel free to post an optimized version: Dim fso, mif, pdfname, pagecount, counter Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") pdfname = InputBox("Name o...

How print a pdf file on both sides of a paper(Duplexing for pdf files)
Hi All, Please let me know how to print a pdf file on both sides of a papers. Thanks in advance. krishnapalvadi@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All, > Please let me know how to print a pdf file on both sides of a > papers. > Thanks in advance. > Do you have a duplex printer? krishnapalvadi@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All, > Please let me know how to print a pdf file on both sides of a > papers. > Thanks in advance. The same way that you would print any other document on both sides of the paper. You select duplex output in your printer driver properties. Presuma...

PDF/H (PDF for Healthcare) ?
Hello, There had been discussion about a new PDF variant for Healthcare (PDF/H), coordinated by AIIM. There is a web site for its workgroup (http://pdf.editme.com/PDFH), but it doesn't seem active. Does anybody know what is the status of PDF/H? Any pointer? Pascal Sartoretti Hi Pascal, On Jan 30, 8:35 am, Pascal Sartoretti wrote: > Does anybody know what is the status of PDF/H? I've just become involved in the PDF/H working group. PDF/H is a Best Practices guide to the use of PDF within the healthcare domain. The first revision of the guide is in the editing process. The...

eps to pdf: cropped pdf
Hi, I create an EPS with gnuplot, run LaTeX, convert the PS with Ghostview to EPS (with automatical boundingbox correction) and then run epstopdf (or eps2pdf alternatively) in order to be able to use the graphic with pdflatex. The EPS seems to be OK, whereas the PDF is cropped. <http:// www.mrunix.de/forums/showthread.php?p=297298#post297298> How can I fix this problem? I tried to use eps2eps and ps2epsi, which didn't help. Only loading the EPS in Corel Draw and saving again in EPS seems to work but results in rather large files. I use Gnuplot 4.2 patchlevel 5. Gaius Verres Hi Gaius, If it's just the pdf output that you want, I'd suggest trying epslatex. It's something that worked well for me but can be a bit fiddly to implement. If you're running unix/linux then the process is pretty simple, as illustrated by Matthew Bohnsack's excellent article: http://bohnsack.com/?p=841. If you're using an alternative OS, then I'm afraid that I've not the foggiest. Regards, Dai You have to tell ps2pdf to build a pdf in the size of the eps. Otherwise it just converts to your standar paper format (A4,legal, whatever). The parameter ist something like ps2pdf -EPSFitPage filename.eps or -EPSCrop, don�t remember wich one and how it is spelt correctly. Documentation for these Parameter is sort of hard to find. Why this complicated setup? gnuplot makes eps, ghostscript make the pdf-plot, (pdf)latex ...

Image PDF to Searchable PDF
Hello, Is there any way to convert an image only PDF to a searchable PDF without going through a scanner? In other words, are there software that can do this task directly on the computer? Or, does using OCR software merely mean running the image PDF file through the software and produce a searchable PDF? What reliable softwares are available? Are there programs that run independently? That is, without needing full Acrobat or aome other adjunct software? Thanks, Guru gururajan20815@yahoo.com (Gururajan Ramachandran) wrote in message news:<f72691a.0311200601.27406ab7@posting.google.co...

Print or Save a PDF document, as a PDF file, "2 up"?
OS X allows one to print most documents to a PDF file and/or to print documents "2 up" (2 pages/page) or even higher. But I can't seem to print a PDF document to a PDF file this way -- at least not from Adobe Acrobat. The OS X Print dialog says "Use Save, not Print", but Acrobat's Save As doesn't seem to have a 2-up option. How to do this? In article <siegman-3CA794.13163209042005@news.stanford.edu>, AES <siegman@stanford.edu> wrote: > OS X allows one to print most documents to a PDF file and/or to print > documents "2 up" ...

Printing PDF with AcroRd32 /h /p "MyDocument.pdf"
Hi, I use the AcroRd32 /h /p "MyDocument.pdf" syntax to silently print pdf files on my developpement server. Because this is undocumented by Adobe, I want to have some feedbacks from people who already use this on their production server. If you can answer this question as well, it will be great : Why, when printing using this, sometimes margins are bigger/smaller ? Is it a printer setting ? An acrobat setting ? Any advice will be great ! WebMasterSam ...

PDF
I would like to search a text of 10 letters inside a pdf file, is it possible because i saw we can read a numeric value. ...

pdf
Hi all ! Is there a mode for reading pdf-files in emacs ? Thanks Erik Flatman <flatman@swing.be> writes: > Hi all ! > > Is there a mode for reading pdf-files in emacs ? > > Thanks > Erik No, not that I'm aware of. What I do is use pdftotext and convert to a text representation - but you lose formatting etc. You can configure dired to run a shell command, such as xpdf, when you try to view a pdf. Tim -- Tim Cross The e-mail address on this message is FALSE (obviously!). My real e-mail is to a company in Australia called rapttech and my login is tcross - if ...

PDF
Hi All, How can I read PDF-forms in my VB-program? Is there a freeware OCX/ActiveX? Emile ...

PDF
Hi I used to create pdf-files using Abobe Acrobat 5.0 and its PDFWriter, setting the appropriate registry-keys in order to specify the folder/filename I wanted. : Root = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" Path = "Software\Adobe\Acrobat PDFWriter" Key = "PDFFileName" Abobe Acrobat 7.0 however doesn't have the PDFWriter anymore (as didn't version 6.0). So I use the Adobe PDF, which seems to work fine with the defaults I specified. But I'd like to control these settings from my vba-code. So can any of you guys tell me the precise registry-keys I need to set ? M...

pdf
hi guys! How can i implement an empirical pdf without using "hist"? thx mario wrote: > > > hi guys! > How can i implement an empirical pdf without using "hist"? > thx > > help ecdf if you have the stats toolbox. ...

Web resources about - Printing a PDF from Another PDF - comp.text.pdf

Printing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the process of reproducing text and images. For the handwriting method often called printing, see block letters . For other ...

Help Mr Plumbum sort his printing box in this matching game
... path in Linken, an elegant puzzler or Meteors are falling, dont get squished in Danger Dodgers . Mr Plumbum Help Mr Plumbum sort his printing ...

Make your own 'Ghostbusters' trap via 3D printing
When ghosts go bump in the night, will you have the right equipment to bust them? Make this replica ghost trap from the original "Ghostbusters" ...

Printing Human Tissue? Why Not?
Six years ago in Washington, DC, a State Department security SUV made an illegal left turn and struck me as I crossed the street. My tibial plateau ...

Health study reveals harmful "toxic" effects of 3D printing
A team of scientists has published a study that details the health hazards of 3D printing, which it says causes the release of toxic particles. ...

MakerBot learns that 3D printing and copyright don't quite mix
Trying to stop unauthorized 3D printing is like plugging a hole in a dam with your finger once the template for an object leaks out, it's virtually ...

Getting it Right by Getting it Wrong: RepRap and the Evolution of 3D Printing
The beginning of the DIY 3D printing movement was a heady time. There was a vision of a post-scarcity world in which everything could and would ...

3-D Printing: Gigi The Macaw Gets First-Ever Titanium Prosthetic Beak (PHOTOS)
Gigi the macaw is the first-ever recipient of the world's first 3-D-printed titanium beak.

Archinaut, A 3D Printing Robot To Make Big Structures In Space
Historically, the only way to get anything into orbit has been by rocket; a process that is massively expensive, cumbersome, and presents a slew ...

Architecture students develop a 3D-printing pen that “draws” incredible acrylic structures in mid-air ...
Read the rest of Architecture students develop a 3D-printing pen that “draws” incredible acrylic structures in mid-air