Printing a single page document twice on the same page

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I have a single page PDF document that I would like to print twice on
the same page. Example: a small one page flyer that could be printed
off twice on the same page and cut in half to save paper. This is
failrly easy to do with a two page document (just print 2-up). I'd
rather not have to double the size of the pdf by recreating the single
page and making a two page document with duplicate data. Any ideas?

6
Reply todd.bing (3) 6/8/2006 1:21:51 PM

See related articles to this posting

comp.text.pdf 5545 articles. 36 followers. Post

print four times the same A6 page on a A4 page for a 300 pages document
Hi, I have a 300 pages document in A6 format. I need to create a 300 pages A4 document so that each A4 pages contains four copies of the same A6 original page. I had easily the following : page 1,2,3 and 4 of my original document on a A4 page using mpage or psnup, but I can't get four times page 1 on a the page 1 of the A4 document How can I do it ? Thanks a lot in advance for any help. Didrik Pinte On 13 Jul 2004 07:30:58 -0700, Didrik Pinte wrote: > Hi, > > I have a 300 pages document in A6 format. I need to create a 300 pages > A4 document so that each A4 pages conta...

How to create/print document with 4 pages per page?
Hi, I would like to create a new pdf document using Acrobat v7 pro that is a conversion of my old document, with 4 pages from my old being displayed on each page of the new document. So essentially if i have a 100 page document (old), the new document would be 25 pages, with each page displaying 4 pages from the old document e.g. page 1 of the new document contains pages 1,2,3,4 from the old document page 2 of the new document contains pages 5,6,7,8 from the old document .... etc If there is a way of printing in the above fashion using Acrobat v5 (not v7), then that is also an option. An...

replacing single page in A4 document with another page (A3), keeping bookmarks
Hello, I made a PDF document using LaTeX (dvi > ps > pdf) with paper format A4. The appendix of this document should have one big graphic. My idea is to replace this single page with an A3 landscape pdf page (because the graphic is too big to recognize something on the A4 page) But it is important that all the bookmarks remain as they are! Let's say the original document has 10 pages with bookmarks. Page 8 is the page to be replaced with the new A3 page (pdf file with one page, no bookmarks). I tried pdftk: pdftk A=docA4.pdf B=docA3.pdf cat A1-7 B A9-10 (merging pages 1-7 of docA...

HP LJ4 SI/MX Printing of multiple page documents. Start of page drifts
Hello NG! my old si/mx shows a strange behaviour: When I print a multiple page document, the first line of the page is not located at the same place on top of page. Lets say it "jitters" round about 1- 2cm. When I print the same single page of a document several times the first line appears exactly at the same position of the paper. The "rubberness" of rubber cylinders is ok, the printing itself is ok as well. It would be a great pitty to trow away the printer! Does anyone have an idea what to check or replace? Thanks, Kurt On the seventh day, Kurt Kronschnabl wrote...

HP LJ4 SI/MX Printing of multiple page documents. Start of page drifts
Hello NG! my old si/mx shows a strange behaviour: When I print a multiple page document, the first line of the page is not located at the same place on top of page. Lets say it "jitters" round about 1- 2cm. When I print the same single page of a document several times the first line appears exactly at the same position of the paper. The "rubberness" of rubber cylinders is ok, the printing itself is ok as well. It would be a great pitty to trow away the printer! Does anyone have an idea what to check or replace? Thanks, Kurt Kurt The most likely cau...

Xerox DocuPrint 4512 printing extra page under XP Pro before printing document
I've got a Xerox DocuPrint 4512 printer, connected via a TCP/IP port to XP Professional. Works OK, except for the fact that it prints a page of junk prior to printing the actual document. The document prints OK, but the first "additional" page is almost blank, apart from about up to an inch of garbage (not just characters, but garbled graphics stuff too). Anyone got ideas as to what the problem might be? I can live with it, but it's pretty annoying. ...

javax.print: impossible to print a PDF/PS document with 2 pages per sheet?
- the dialog in javax.print.ServiceUI.printDialog does not allow to set a "number of pages per sheet" - the javax.print.attribute.standard.NumberUp does not seem to work, when added in the PrintRequestAttributeSet and used by the following methods: - PrintServiceLookup.lookupPrintServices - DocPrintJob.print ( doc flavour, PrintRequestAttributeSet) ...

Document pages will not print
When I try to print Matlab docunet pages, I get no printer output and no error messages. Is anyone else having this problem ? I have Matlab Release 14 ...

changing the margins of a single page in document
I am using a journal style file and would like to change the margins of one page such that my sideways table would fit. Each page has a running title and footnote. I have tried several ways, and have failed. Thanks. Vumani Vumani Dlamini wrote: > I am using a journal style file and would like to change the margins > of one page such that my sideways table would fit. Each page has a > running title and footnote. I have tried several ways, and have > failed. Vumani, Assuming you are preparing a document for submission to this journal, you are probably not supposed to change th...

How to print multiple images on single page?
Seems like this should be a simple thing to do, but somehow I'm not getting it... I'm running OS X.2.6 and Photoshop 7 on a mirrordoor G4, with an Epson Photo Stylus 1200 printer. I want to know how to: 1) print four copies of the same image on a single letter size piece of paper and 2) how to print four different images together on a single page... Any advice would be most welcome. Tia, In article <090720031120243650%flopshotSTOPSPAM@covad.net>, jeff in la <flopshotSTOPSPAM@covad.net> wrote: > Seems like this should be a simple thing to do, but somehow I'm no...

printing single image over multiple pages
Hi all, I have an image that I need to print over four pages, one quarter of the image per page.. is there an easy way to do this in PSP5 or PSP7? thanks, niteowl There is a print preview. If the size isn't correct you could always resize your image until you get what you would like. niteowl wrote: > > Hi all, > > I have an image that I need to print over four pages, one quarter of > the image per page.. is there an easy way to do this in PSP5 or PSP7? Yes, cut the image into four equal pieces using the Selection or Crop tools. The Crop tool is easiest since you can ...

Set up to Print Multi page Documents
I am trying to design a layout that will enable me to print multiple page documents if needed for an Operation Report. I have tried the following: 1 Made several text fields that conform to page size however when you type into these fields there is no indication of page breaks and if you type beyond the field size it does not print out. 2 Made the field cover 6 pages but when you print the lines adjacent to page breaks seem to print the upper half of the fonts on one and the bottom half on the next or not at all. Also prints empty pages i.e. if the report covers 2 pages I get those plus 4 em...

Printing multiple pages on a single sheet
Some years ago (c. 1996) I had an OS/2 utility that apparently intercepted the printer ouput for documents, to cause multiple pages to print on a single sheet of paper. The user could specify the number of pages to be printed on each sheet and it would be done. Of course, the print size would shrink accordingly, so that printing sixteen or thirty-two pages to a sheet (which the program permitted) could create a degree of visual challenge. Does anyone know the name of that program and where I might find a copy of it? Jack P. Sir: J. Pfisterer wrote: > Some yea...

printing single image over multiple pages
Hi all, I have an image that I need to print over four pages, one quarter of the image per page.. is there an easy way to do this in PSP5 or PSP7? thanks, niteowl There is a print preview. If the size isn't correct you could always resize your image until you get what you would like. niteowl wrote: > > Hi all, > > I have an image that I need to print over four pages, one quarter of > the image per page.. is there an easy way to do this in PSP5 or PSP7? Yes, cut the image into four equal pieces using the Selection or Crop tools. The Crop tool is easiest since you can ...

Printing multi-page html documents
Hi, I have one long page (10-15 printed pages) HTML page. I'd like to be able to control where page breaks are (where the printer decides to start a new page) when a user prints the page. The data that is being printed out is all text with no graphics. Is there some simple HTML tag/command that I can put into the page so it will tell whatever printer it's using "Hey, start a new page!". ? If not HTML, how about in CSS, can I do it that way? Thanks very much, Mike In article <2006092615120716807-@news.adelphia.net>, <Milagro> wrote: ...

Printing report twice on 1 page.
I have a 2 column landscape report current set tp print on A5 paper. This runs to a number of pages. Because I am tight fisted, I want to print 2 identical copies of the report, one under the other on A4 portrait, and obviously it will take the same number of pages as the A5 report. Any thought please Phil --- This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active. http://www.avast.com On 6/24/2014 7:20 PM, Phil wrote: > I have a 2 column landscape report current set tp print on A5 paper. This > runs to a number of pages. Because I a...

how to print document 2 pages per sheet
Dear All, Is it possible to print pdf files in which 1 sheet paper consist of 2 pages as the way MS. Word does? If possible how to do it? Thanks Robert Lie Robert Lie wrote: > Dear All, > > Is it possible to print pdf files in which 1 sheet paper consist of 2 > pages as the way MS. Word does? > If possible how to do it? > > Thanks > > Robert Lie Many, if not most, Windows printer drivers allow printing 2 pages to a sheet. For example, with my HP PSC2110 if I select Printing Preferences there is an 'Features' tab with the option to print 1, 2 or 4 pag...

Code for printing out all hyperlinked documents on an html page
I'm looking for some code (html, javascript or otherwise) that I can embed into my web site so that when the user clicks on one button, they can send all hyperlinked documents on the page to a printer. Any ideas? gregjgman@gmail.com wrote: > I'm looking for some code (html, javascript or otherwise) that I can > embed into my web site so that when the user clicks on one button, they > can send all hyperlinked documents on the page to a printer. > > Any ideas? Interesting question. Are you just wanting to print the page the user is on when he clicks print? If so th...

How can you print a single page of a multipage report.
I am using Office 2003 pro, the LabVIEW Report Gen Toolkit, LabVIEW 7.0, and Windows 2000. I have created a lengthy report with the first page being a summary. I would like the user to be able to select; print the entire report, or just the first page. Any ideas? There are two ways you could go about doing this. They both are somewhat straight forward. 1) Calling a macro from LabVIEW in Word. You could create a macro that would let you just print the first page and call this from LabVIEW when the user so desires. There is an example of how to call a macro if you use the example finder....

Can you print some PDF-pages on a single A4-sheet?
Dear PDF-expert, Some PDF-files contain only small pages (on A6-format for example). When you have an A4-printer you can only print those small pages on the relatively large A4-format. A lot of unprinted paper will be wasted. Is there a possiblility to print for example two landscape A6-format pages on a A4 sheet (think about the handout-opportunity like PPT-files)? Thanks in advance! Sure, just use itext toolbox. It has a plugin to convert your pdf files to handouts. http://www.lowagie.com/iText/itext.jnlp Best regards, Carsten nieuwsberichtontvangst schrieb: > Dear PDF-expert,...

Quark
I am using Quark X-Press 5.0 to design two sided postcards. It is relatively common, that one side of the postcard is in a Portrait orientation, while the reverse side is in Landscape. Is there any way in Quark that I can change the page size and/or orientation between individual pages in a single document? Thanks, -- Mike Schumann "Mike Schumann" <mike-nospam@traditions-nospam.com> wrote in news:3ffa2109$0$1101$6536d21b@news.bitstream.net: > I am using Quark X-Press 5.0 to design two sided postcards. It is > relatively common, that one side of the postcard is i...

Zebra 2746 stops printing after every single page
Hello Everyone, We just switched our Zebra 2746 Label Printers from a DOS Software to Windows XP. Now, due to the windows Driver, it prints properly but stops after every single page until the page printed before is torn off. Has one of you come across a similar problem and knows how to solve that? Any comments would be highly appreciated :), as I've been trying for several hours now without any signs of success. Many Thanks in Advance Richard richie wrote: > > We just switched our Zebra 2746 Label Printers from a DOS Software to > Windows XP. We are mos...

Seperate a single 150 Page PDF into 150 seperate documents
Hello, I thought this would be simple, but I'm having problems finding a solution. I have a 150 page PDF and I simply need to convert it into 150 seperate pages. I do have full Adobe Professional running on Windows XP Pro, but short of doing Document > Pages > Split Page 150 times I've found no auto way of doing this. I've also downloaded PDFTK but I've not seen any example showing what I'm trying to do, and reading the help hasn't given me any good starting point. Any ideas? I don't plan on spending money on a tool to do this though I know several exist,...

scanning multiple pages into a single document
So I just had a prospective employer ask for a soft doc of my transcript from college. All I had was hard copies, so I figured I'd scan it and e-mail it to him. It's 2 pages, and I'd prefer to e-mail it as a single 2-page pdf. I don't own Adobe Acrobat, which I presume would do this quite well. I scanned both pages in as "mixed text and images" on my HP G85, and used the scanning software to automatically throw the images into an MS Word document. On either my mac or PC at that point, I have the ability to print to PDF, but this wasn't ideal for two reas...