Printing a single page document twice on the same page

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I have a single page PDF document that I would like to print twice on
the same page. Example: a small one page flyer that could be printed
off twice on the same page and cut in half to save paper. This is
failrly easy to do with a two page document (just print 2-up). I'd
rather not have to double the size of the pdf by recreating the single
page and making a two page document with duplicate data. Any ideas?

8
Reply todd.bing (3) 6/8/2006 1:21:51 PM

See related articles to this posting

comp.text.pdf 5559 articles. 36 followers. Post

print four times the same A6 page on a A4 page for a 300 pages document
Hi, I have a 300 pages document in A6 format. I need to create a 300 pages A4 document so that each A4 pages contains four copies of the same A6 original page. I had easily the following : page 1,2,3 and 4 of my original document on a A4 page using mpage or psnup, but I can't get four times page 1 on a the page 1 of the A4 document How can I do it ? Thanks a lot in advance for any help. Didrik Pinte On 13 Jul 2004 07:30:58 -0700, Didrik Pinte wrote: > Hi, > > I have a 300 pages document in A6 format. I need to create a 300 pages > A4 document so that each A4 pages conta...

How to create/print document with 4 pages per page?
Hi, I would like to create a new pdf document using Acrobat v7 pro that is a conversion of my old document, with 4 pages from my old being displayed on each page of the new document. So essentially if i have a 100 page document (old), the new document would be 25 pages, with each page displaying 4 pages from the old document e.g. page 1 of the new document contains pages 1,2,3,4 from the old document page 2 of the new document contains pages 5,6,7,8 from the old document .... etc If there is a way of printing in the above fashion using Acrobat v5 (not v7), then that is also an option. An...

Splitting 2 pages/page landscape postscript file into two single page portrait pages
Hi, I am a newbie. I have a book.ps file which has all the pages, having two facing pages per portrait page like this: +---------------+--------------+ | | | | | | +---------------+--------------+ I want to split the two pages. I dont want to scan the pages and then make bulky images out of compact pdf file. The file was generated from a dvi and latex that are no longer available. The author has died. The ps was made to save the number of printed pages in an era before pdf. So there are two problems: (1) split the ps into single p...

Page-in-page
What I need to do is open one page "inside" of another without using frames. For example: page1.html (somewhere in this page i have a table where i want "page2.php" to show). I have looked and looked for the code to do this, but had no luck. If I use document.open , it has a popup, don't want that. I hope this is clear as to what i'm trying to do. thanks in advance. Panther wrote: > What I need to do is open one page "inside" of another without using frames. > For example: page1.html (somewhere in this page i have a table where i want > "...

replacing single page in A4 document with another page (A3), keeping bookmarks
Hello, I made a PDF document using LaTeX (dvi > ps > pdf) with paper format A4. The appendix of this document should have one big graphic. My idea is to replace this single page with an A3 landscape pdf page (because the graphic is too big to recognize something on the A4 page) But it is important that all the bookmarks remain as they are! Let's say the original document has 10 pages with bookmarks. Page 8 is the page to be replaced with the new A3 page (pdf file with one page, no bookmarks). I tried pdftk: pdftk A=docA4.pdf B=docA3.pdf cat A1-7 B A9-10 (merging pages 1-7 of docA...

HP LJ4 SI/MX Printing of multiple page documents. Start of page drifts
Hello NG! my old si/mx shows a strange behaviour: When I print a multiple page document, the first line of the page is not located at the same place on top of page. Lets say it "jitters" round about 1- 2cm. When I print the same single page of a document several times the first line appears exactly at the same position of the paper. The "rubberness" of rubber cylinders is ok, the printing itself is ok as well. It would be a great pitty to trow away the printer! Does anyone have an idea what to check or replace? Thanks, Kurt On the seventh day, Kurt Kronschnabl wrote...

HP LJ4 SI/MX Printing of multiple page documents. Start of page drifts
Hello NG! my old si/mx shows a strange behaviour: When I print a multiple page document, the first line of the page is not located at the same place on top of page. Lets say it "jitters" round about 1- 2cm. When I print the same single page of a document several times the first line appears exactly at the same position of the paper. The "rubberness" of rubber cylinders is ok, the printing itself is ok as well. It would be a great pitty to trow away the printer! Does anyone have an idea what to check or replace? Thanks, Kurt Kurt The most likely cau...

laserjet 4200 pages print out of order, prints extra page
When users print to the hp4200 the pages print 2,4,6,5,3,1 for example. It looks like a user preference, but there is no preference for anything like that. Also, a blank page prints when some documents are printed, such as emails and print screens from an AS/400. We checked the seperator page preference, but there wasn't one. Any ideas? Tried downloading and reinstalling the latest software and drivers from here? http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=84030&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=84028&swLang=8&task...

Printing multiple pages on 1 page
I'd like to print multiple pages on one page. For example, from a normal A4 portrait postscript/pdf output file, I want a new A4 landscape file with the following layout: page 1 page 2 (new page 1 - landscape) page 3 page 4 (new page 2 - landscape) etc Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks. os2_user@hotmail.com (os2_user) writes: >I'd like to print multiple pages on one page. For example, from a >normal A4 portrait postscript/pdf output file, I want a new A4 >landscape file with the following layout: >page 1 page 2 (new page 1 - landscape) >page 3 page 4 (new pag...

Change Page Size On Single Page
Is it possible to change the page dimensions for a single page? For example, I want to place an extremely large pstricks graphic...and 'letter' paper is way too small. I'd like to have a square page of 15x15in. Thanks. "Tom Jones" <thomasjones@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:fhomcd$t19$1@skeeter.ucdavis.edu... > Is it possible to change the page dimensions for a single page? > > For example, I want to place an extremely large pstricks graphic...and > 'letter' paper is way too small. I'd like to have a square page of > 15x15in. ...

put multiple pages on a single page?
I have a 50 slide presentation which I want to review on paper. To save paper I'd like to print 4 slides per page. Can I do this within LaTeX? Or is there some windows utility I can use to achieve the same? Mark P wrote: > I have a 50 slide presentation which I want to review on paper. To save > paper I'd like to print 4 slides per page. Can I do this within LaTeX? > Or is there some windows utility I can use to achieve the same? how i do this is to adjust the pages per sheet settings for the print job (ie. in print dialogue, select properties, and then adjust to ...

HP Deskjet 450
Printer was working OK, and it will still print Demo Page, alingment pages OK. But will not print test page via windows or any other applications, it simply pulls the paper through and then kicks it out. Tried downloading latest drivers with same results? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, If the printer is connnected to a parallel port, check the cable connection at both ends. If the printer is attached to a network via an external JetDirect, check both the parallel cable and the Cat 5 network cable. When a printer is not properly connected, the data being printed tends to disapp...

Is there an easy way to put two single pdf pages side by side in a single pdf page?
I have a number of pairs of pdf pages. The pdf pages in each pair are of the same height or same width. I want to combine them into a single pdf file side by side (without spacing in between) (left-right if they are of the same height, and top-bottom if they are of the same width). I could includegraphics in latex to have two pdf pages in a single pdf pages. But the adjustment of the page margin and final pdf page size may not be straightforward. Could you please let me know what is the easiest way to put two pdf pages in side by side in a single page? Le 11/04/2010 22:00, Peng Y...

sections on the same page + page nummber on title page
hi! I don't really understand what happened but sections now are on the same page... and I get page number on title.. how to get rid of that? and why it's happened? Thanx in advance :) \documentclass[a4paper]{article} \usepackage[english]{babel} \usepackage[latin1]{inputenc} \usepackage{hyperref} \usepackage{verbatim} \usepackage{graphicx} \usepackage{amsmath} \usepackage{fancyhdr} \usepackage{array} \usepackage{newalg} \title{Algorithms } \author{Author} \parindent 0in \parskip 11pt \headheight 24pt \textheight 609pt \newcommand{\note}{\textit{\textbf{NOTE: }}} \begin{document} \...

Page Count for title page and abstract page
I'm typing a thesis, for which I use documentclass{report} Following the required format, I must page count the title page and abstract also (just not print the page number). Would somebody show me how to do it? I did as following: \setcounter{page}{20} \addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{Abstract} \begin{abstract} This is the abstract \end{abstract} \tableofcontents But the page of the abstract in the TOC is i instead of xx. I don't know why. Thanks a lot. DT You can use the command \thispagestyle{empty} immediately after the \maketitle command and the abstract. Mauricio Orozco...

multiple pages of 1st report page prints
In Access '97 I have created a report page that has various labels set up and blanks for information to be written in. In addition, there are a couple of calculated fields for listing the correct date on the header. When I print this page, it prints out 7 copies of this page. I have checked the width of the various lines via the properties box, but I can't seem to solve the problem. Thanks for any help with this. Carroll Iorg Carroll. Have a look at the report's recordsource. Maybe this will explain your problem? -- Hope this helps Arno R "Carroll Iorg" <carr...

Extract page size from a single-page pdf
Hi all, I'm using PHP (on Windows) to extract data from a bunch of single-page PDFs. They are created as such and never subsequently edited (so they were never, for instance, multipage PDFs from which pages were then deleted). What's the simplest way of extracting the page size from these files? (I'm not particularly fussed about page orientation.) At present, I'm using a combination of XPDF and pdftk to extract other information from these files. On Mar 4, 9:59=A0am, strawberry <zac.ca...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I'm using PHP (on Windows) to extr...

How to do Single page/double page on Duplex Printer.
I know it must be possible, but Ive never seen example Postscript code on how to do the equivalent of 'showpage' to generate only a single sided page on a DUPLEX printer. (actually I want to switch back an forth inside the document, doing some pages duplex, and a few single sided). For reference, this is a Level 2 printer. Reg.Clemens reg@dwf.com On 2008-04-11, Reg Clemens <clemens@dwf.com> wrote: > I know it must be possible, but Ive never seen example Postscript code > on how to do the equivalent of 'showpage' to generate only a single > sided pag...

How to print only page 1 of a multi-page report
DoCmd.OpenReport reportname[, view][, filtername][, wherecondition] The above is the syntax I use in VBA to open & print most reports. Suppose, though, I want to resrict the printout to page 1 only. Ideas? MLH wrote: > DoCmd.OpenReport reportname[, view][, filtername][, wherecondition] > > The above is the syntax I use in VBA to open & print most > reports. Suppose, though, I want to resrict the printout to > page 1 only. Ideas? Did you read the help file yet? You know, under the F1 key? I went into the VBA help and typed in PRINT and lo and behold, even I could fi...

Printer loads multiple pages for a single page
Hi. I have a recurring problem with my printer (HP deskjet 845c). While it prints well enough for my needs, many times it loads two or three pages (A4, normal quality) and prints a single page on them, as if they were one. For example, if I set it to print an HTML file with a header at the top right (indicating, say, url) and then a title, followed by the main text, it prints the header on the lowermost of the three pages loaded together. The title is split between the three, and the main text starts on the uppermost one. Is there a way to solve this without setting really larg...

Report footer on separate page; optionally hide it, reduce total page count by 1, and don't print last (blank) page
Different users of the app will want or not want to see report footer ( appears as a separate page). I can make the section invisible with a DLookup of a Y or N value from a 'parameters' table Private Sub ReportFooter_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer) Reports!rptValuationDetail.Section(acFooter).Visible = _ DLookup("[z_text]", "sysparms", "[z_pname] = " & Chr(34) & "printReportGrandTot" & Chr(34)) = "Y" End Sub The next thing to do is reduce the total page count by 1 and not create the last pag...

Xerox DocuPrint 4512 printing extra page under XP Pro before printing document
I've got a Xerox DocuPrint 4512 printer, connected via a TCP/IP port to XP Professional. Works OK, except for the fact that it prints a page of junk prior to printing the actual document. The document prints OK, but the first "additional" page is almost blank, apart from about up to an inch of garbage (not just characters, but garbled graphics stuff too). Anyone got ideas as to what the problem might be? I can live with it, but it's pretty annoying. ...

javax.print: impossible to print a PDF/PS document with 2 pages per sheet?
- the dialog in javax.print.ServiceUI.printDialog does not allow to set a "number of pages per sheet" - the javax.print.attribute.standard.NumberUp does not seem to work, when added in the PrintRequestAttributeSet and used by the following methods: - PrintServiceLookup.lookupPrintServices - DocPrintJob.print ( doc flavour, PrintRequestAttributeSet) ...

including pages in pages
Just a quick question... When including a page inside another (include('page.php')), is it bad for the second document to also have <head> and <body> tags etc? Im using iframes currently, and it works, but getting the page to match the content is kind of a javascript hack that only works after the page is loaded, not counting the images. So the new page loads, doesnt fit the old page size, and its changed. Not exactly fluid. Thx *** Theo wrote/escribi� (Tue, 28 Sep 2004 06:26:08 -0000): > When including a page inside another (include('page.php')), is it b...