Printing a single page document twice on the same page

I have a single page PDF document that I would like to print twice on
the same page. Example: a small one page flyer that could be printed
off twice on the same page and cut in half to save paper. This is
failrly easy to do with a two page document (just print 2-up). I'd
rather not have to double the size of the pdf by recreating the single
page and making a two page document with duplicate data. Any ideas?

14
todd.bing (15)
6/8/2006 1:21:51 PM
comp.text.pdf 5592 articles. 0 followers. ramon (1518) is leader. Post Follow

Is there an easy way to put two single pdf pages side by side in a single pdf page?
I have a number of pairs of pdf pages. The pdf pages in each pair are of the same height or same width. I want to combine them into a single pdf file side by side (without spacing in between) (left-right if they are of the same height, and top-bottom if they are of the same width). I could includegraphics in latex to have two pdf pages in a single pdf pages. But the adjustment of the page margin and final pdf page size may not be straightforward. Could you please let me know what is the easiest way to put two pdf pages in side by side in a single page? Le 11/04/2010 22:00, Peng Y...

print four times the same A6 page on a A4 page for a 300 pages document
Hi, I have a 300 pages document in A6 format. I need to create a 300 pages A4 document so that each A4 pages contains four copies of the same A6 original page. I had easily the following : page 1,2,3 and 4 of my original document on a A4 page using mpage or psnup, but I can't get four times page 1 on a the page 1 of the A4 document How can I do it ? Thanks a lot in advance for any help. Didrik Pinte On 13 Jul 2004 07:30:58 -0700, Didrik Pinte wrote: > Hi, > > I have a 300 pages document in A6 format. I need to create a 300 pages > A4 document so that each A4 pages conta...

Extract page size from a single-page pdf
Hi all, I'm using PHP (on Windows) to extract data from a bunch of single-page PDFs. They are created as such and never subsequently edited (so they were never, for instance, multipage PDFs from which pages were then deleted). What's the simplest way of extracting the page size from these files? (I'm not particularly fussed about page orientation.) At present, I'm using a combination of XPDF and pdftk to extract other information from these files. On Mar 4, 9:59=A0am, strawberry <zac.ca...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I'm using PHP (on Windows) to extr...

Enlarge 1 page PDF to be printed on multiple pages?
Hi, I have a PDF document that consists of a single page. If I print it using standard settings everything is so small that it is unreadable. Thus, I would like to enlarge the picture and print it on several sheets. How? Either OS9 or Panther. Regards, Christoph Gartmann -- Max-Planck-Institut fuer Phone : +49-761-5108-464 Fax: -452 Immunbiologie Postfach 1169 Internet: gartmann@immunbio dot mpg dot de D-79011 Freiburg, Germany http://www.immunbio.mpg.de/home/menue.html gartmann@non.immunbio.mpg.de.sens (Christoph Gartmann) wrote in message ...

How to create/print document with 4 pages per page?
Hi, I would like to create a new pdf document using Acrobat v7 pro that is a conversion of my old document, with 4 pages from my old being displayed on each page of the new document. So essentially if i have a 100 page document (old), the new document would be 25 pages, with each page displaying 4 pages from the old document e.g. page 1 of the new document contains pages 1,2,3,4 from the old document page 2 of the new document contains pages 5,6,7,8 from the old document .... etc If there is a way of printing in the above fashion using Acrobat v5 (not v7), then that is also an option. An...

javax.print: impossible to print a PDF/PS document with 2 pages per sheet?
- the dialog in javax.print.ServiceUI.printDialog does not allow to set a "number of pages per sheet" - the javax.print.attribute.standard.NumberUp does not seem to work, when added in the PrintRequestAttributeSet and used by the following methods: - PrintServiceLookup.lookupPrintServices - DocPrintJob.print ( doc flavour, PrintRequestAttributeSet) ...

Splitting 2 pages/page landscape postscript file into two single page portrait pages
Hi, I am a newbie. I have a book.ps file which has all the pages, having two facing pages per portrait page like this: +---------------+--------------+ | | | | | | +---------------+--------------+ I want to split the two pages. I dont want to scan the pages and then make bulky images out of compact pdf file. The file was generated from a dvi and latex that are no longer available. The author has died. The ps was made to save the number of printed pages in an era before pdf. So there are two problems: (1) split the ps into single p...

Page-in-page
What I need to do is open one page "inside" of another without using frames. For example: page1.html (somewhere in this page i have a table where i want "page2.php" to show). I have looked and looked for the code to do this, but had no luck. If I use document.open , it has a popup, don't want that. I hope this is clear as to what i'm trying to do. thanks in advance. Panther wrote: > What I need to do is open one page "inside" of another without using frames. > For example: page1.html (somewhere in this page i have a table where i want > "...

Breaking a multi-page PDF document into separate pages or images?
I sometimes want to break a multi-page PDF document into individual PDF pages or JPEG or EPS images (if possible preserving the original document's page size), for batch processing with Photoshop or Illustrator. The only way I've found to do this is to do a Save As... in Acrobat, selecting the desired "xxx Files" format in the Save As dialog box. Are there other ways to do this? ("Extract Pages" doesn't seem to do it.) AES/newspost wrote: > I sometimes want to break a multi-page PDF document into individual PDF > pages or JPEG or EPS images (i...

replacing single page in A4 document with another page (A3), keeping bookmarks
Hello, I made a PDF document using LaTeX (dvi > ps > pdf) with paper format A4. The appendix of this document should have one big graphic. My idea is to replace this single page with an A3 landscape pdf page (because the graphic is too big to recognize something on the A4 page) But it is important that all the bookmarks remain as they are! Let's say the original document has 10 pages with bookmarks. Page 8 is the page to be replaced with the new A3 page (pdf file with one page, no bookmarks). I tried pdftk: pdftk A=docA4.pdf B=docA3.pdf cat A1-7 B A9-10 (merging pages 1-7 of docA...

Creating a single layered page from multiple graphics files or pages (esp. PDF)?
Does Acrobat or Illustrator, or any other Mac-available app, have any capability to combine a group of individual vector graphics files or pages into a single *layered* graphics file, one layer per input file or page? (Other than laboriously copying and pasting, one layer at a time.) [Apologies for multiple groups; it seems like a multi-group question. Suggest follow-ups to comp.text.pdf as the most "common" of the list.] AES <siegman@stanford.edu> found these unused words: >Does Acrobat or Illustrator, or any other Mac-available app, have any >capability to com...

HP LJ4 SI/MX Printing of multiple page documents. Start of page drifts
Hello NG! my old si/mx shows a strange behaviour: When I print a multiple page document, the first line of the page is not located at the same place on top of page. Lets say it "jitters" round about 1- 2cm. When I print the same single page of a document several times the first line appears exactly at the same position of the paper. The "rubberness" of rubber cylinders is ok, the printing itself is ok as well. It would be a great pitty to trow away the printer! Does anyone have an idea what to check or replace? Thanks, Kurt Kurt The most likely cau...

HP LJ4 SI/MX Printing of multiple page documents. Start of page drifts
Hello NG! my old si/mx shows a strange behaviour: When I print a multiple page document, the first line of the page is not located at the same place on top of page. Lets say it "jitters" round about 1- 2cm. When I print the same single page of a document several times the first line appears exactly at the same position of the paper. The "rubberness" of rubber cylinders is ok, the printing itself is ok as well. It would be a great pitty to trow away the printer! Does anyone have an idea what to check or replace? Thanks, Kurt On the seventh day, Kurt Kronschnabl wrote...

Can you print some PDF-pages on a single A4-sheet?
Dear PDF-expert, Some PDF-files contain only small pages (on A6-format for example). When you have an A4-printer you can only print those small pages on the relatively large A4-format. A lot of unprinted paper will be wasted. Is there a possiblility to print for example two landscape A6-format pages on a A4 sheet (think about the handout-opportunity like PPT-files)? Thanks in advance! Sure, just use itext toolbox. It has a plugin to convert your pdf files to handouts. http://www.lowagie.com/iText/itext.jnlp Best regards, Carsten nieuwsberichtontvangst schrieb: > Dear PDF-expert,...

How do I use the RH7.3 printconf-gui tool to print 4 pages per page (text
How do I use the RH7.3 printconf-gui tool to print 4 pages per page (text only is fine)? If I have to work around printconf-gui to do this, in what file do I place a reference to a filter such as mpage or psnup to do this - AND - do it in such a way that it does not conflict with RH7.3 printconf-gui? Or should I just switch to CUPS? Thanks!! David -- Do not reply to email address... it is not monitored due to SPAM ...

Seperate a single 150 Page PDF into 150 seperate documents
Hello, I thought this would be simple, but I'm having problems finding a solution. I have a 150 page PDF and I simply need to convert it into 150 seperate pages. I do have full Adobe Professional running on Windows XP Pro, but short of doing Document > Pages > Split Page 150 times I've found no auto way of doing this. I've also downloaded PDFTK but I've not seen any example showing what I'm trying to do, and reading the help hasn't given me any good starting point. Any ideas? I don't plan on spending money on a tool to do this though I know several exist,...

laserjet 4200 pages print out of order, prints extra page
When users print to the hp4200 the pages print 2,4,6,5,3,1 for example. It looks like a user preference, but there is no preference for anything like that. Also, a blank page prints when some documents are printed, such as emails and print screens from an AS/400. We checked the seperator page preference, but there wasn't one. Any ideas? Tried downloading and reinstalling the latest software and drivers from here? http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=84030&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=84028&swLang=8&task...

put multiple pages on a single page?
I have a 50 slide presentation which I want to review on paper. To save paper I'd like to print 4 slides per page. Can I do this within LaTeX? Or is there some windows utility I can use to achieve the same? Mark P wrote: > I have a 50 slide presentation which I want to review on paper. To save > paper I'd like to print 4 slides per page. Can I do this within LaTeX? > Or is there some windows utility I can use to achieve the same? how i do this is to adjust the pages per sheet settings for the print job (ie. in print dialogue, select properties, and then adjust to ...

Change Page Size On Single Page
Is it possible to change the page dimensions for a single page? For example, I want to place an extremely large pstricks graphic...and 'letter' paper is way too small. I'd like to have a square page of 15x15in. Thanks. "Tom Jones" <thomasjones@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:fhomcd$t19$1@skeeter.ucdavis.edu... > Is it possible to change the page dimensions for a single page? > > For example, I want to place an extremely large pstricks graphic...and > 'letter' paper is way too small. I'd like to have a square page of > 15x15in. ...

Printing multiple pages on 1 page
I'd like to print multiple pages on one page. For example, from a normal A4 portrait postscript/pdf output file, I want a new A4 landscape file with the following layout: page 1 page 2 (new page 1 - landscape) page 3 page 4 (new page 2 - landscape) etc Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks. os2_user@hotmail.com (os2_user) writes: >I'd like to print multiple pages on one page. For example, from a >normal A4 portrait postscript/pdf output file, I want a new A4 >landscape file with the following layout: >page 1 page 2 (new page 1 - landscape) >page 3 page 4 (new pag...

ghostscript PDF page extraction, leaving text as text
Ghostscript may be used to extract pages from a PDF file with a command like this: gs -sDEVICE=pdfwrite \ -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -dSAFER \ -dFirstPage=48 -dLastPage=48 \ -sOutputFile=onepage.pdf input.pdf The problem is, while that page looks the same as the original in a PDF reader, it seems to be an image rather than an "object" representation. That is, open the extracted PDF in something like Acrobat or PDF XChange Viewer and "search" and "text selection" work, whereas in the extracted one neither function works. Presumably this is because the text has been r...

HP Deskjet 450
Printer was working OK, and it will still print Demo Page, alingment pages OK. But will not print test page via windows or any other applications, it simply pulls the paper through and then kicks it out. Tried downloading latest drivers with same results? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, If the printer is connnected to a parallel port, check the cable connection at both ends. If the printer is attached to a network via an external JetDirect, check both the parallel cable and the Cat 5 network cable. When a printer is not properly connected, the data being printed tends to disapp...

insert pages from auxiliary pdf file into specific page locations in main pdf file
I am saddened by the slow death of usenet. Sigh. It is tax season in my neck of the woods. Depending on what tools you use,= you might end up with forms that don't make a duplex printer-friendly PDF = file. Since my home printer is "manually duplexed", I would like to write = a bash script to insert the pages of auxiliary files into a main PDF file. = Make a huge file that can print out easily with minimal manual interventio= n other than one flip of the whole file once the odd sides have printed out= .. Oh, and I'm looking for a free open source solution. ...

Page Count for title page and abstract page
I'm typing a thesis, for which I use documentclass{report} Following the required format, I must page count the title page and abstract also (just not print the page number). Would somebody show me how to do it? I did as following: \setcounter{page}{20} \addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{Abstract} \begin{abstract} This is the abstract \end{abstract} \tableofcontents But the page of the abstract in the TOC is i instead of xx. I don't know why. Thanks a lot. DT You can use the command \thispagestyle{empty} immediately after the \maketitle command and the abstract. Mauricio Orozco...

Web resources about - Printing a single page document twice on the same page - comp.text.pdf

Printing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the process of reproducing text and images. For the handwriting method often called printing, see block letters . For other ...

Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only
[ SMH - Text-only index ] Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only Date: February 13 2016 London: Britain's ...

Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only
The Indy will disappear from British news stands as it becomes one of the first national newspapers in the world to buckle under pressure from ...

Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only
The Indy will disappear from British news stands as it becomes one of the first national newspapers in the world to buckle under pressure from ...

Firefox 44 adds H.264 video support on desktop, supports cloud printing on Android
... its heels. Like the previous release, the most visible changes are reserved for the mobile build. Android users gain support for cloud printing ...

This 3D printing pen is just what you need to bring your art to life
3D printing is all the rage these days because it's pretty awesome to make your concepts into a physical reality, and having a 3D printing pen ...

Stratasys Partners with Adobe to Broaden Adoption of 3D Printing with New Color Experience and Simplified ...
Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq:SSYS), the 3D printing and additive manufacturing solutions company, today announced that it has taken color 3D printing ...

Worldwide spending on 3D printing forecast to grow at a CAGR of 27% to more than US$26 billion in 2019 ...
According to IDC, global spending on 3D printing will grow at a 27% CAGR from nearly US$11 billion in 2015 to US$26.7 billion in 2019.

3Doodler is back with a cute, safe 3D printing pen for kids
Even from their earliest moments of Kickstarter success, one thing was clear to the team at 3D printing pen startup 3Doodler: they'd have to ...

Building With Strangers: 3D Printing And New Possibilities For Creative Collaboration
This certainly isn't the first time art has been 3D-printed, but it does show a new model for accessible and inclusive art through technology. ...