Problems using tiff2pdf libtiff...

Hello,

I want to convert multipages tiff files to pdf,
so I downloaded libtiff 3.7.3 for windows.

I use this command line:
tiff2pdf  input.tif

and I obtain this message:
-: Error writing TIFF header
tiff2pdf : Can't open temporary output file for writing to stdout.

If I specify an output file name, the program runs but it don't create any
file...

I tried to convert my file from ycbcr to rgb, changed compression, but
there's no change.

Have you an idea?

Thanks in advance

Cedric

comp.text.pdf 5596 articles. 0 followers. ramon (1518) is leader. Post Follow

C�dric wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to convert multipages tiff files to pdf,
> so I downloaded libtiff 3.7.3 for windows.
>
> I use this command line:
> tiff2pdf  input.tif
>
> and I obtain this message:
> -: Error writing TIFF header
> tiff2pdf : Can't open temporary output file for writing to stdout.
>
> If I specify an output file name, the program runs but it don't create any
> file...
>
> I tried to convert my file from ycbcr to rgb, changed compression, but
> there's no change.
>
> Have you an idea?

Sounds like the disk is full or you do not have writing permission in
that particular directory.

Please double-check and file a bug report in case this is not the problem.

Ralf
0
Ralf
8/23/2005 4:24:29 PM

"Ralf Koenig" a �crit dans le message de news: ...

> Sounds like the disk is full or you do not have writing permission in
> that particular directory.
>
> Please double-check and file a bug report in case this is not the problem.
>
> Ralf

I checked with the installation instructions,
I added and modified environnement variables,
and I have space on my disk but it changes nothing....

Nevertheless, I feel that the problem is with the set of my windows,
my OS is Windows 2000 Pro.

Please, could you give me the path of the "particular directory"
that could be at the origin of the problem?

Thanks for your interest.

Cedric

"C�dric" <cedric@somewhere.com> wrote:

>I use this command line:
>tiff2pdf  input.tif
>
>and I obtain this message:
>-: Error writing TIFF header
>tiff2pdf : Can't open temporary output file for writing to stdout.

The code calls GetTempPath and GetTempFileName, standard Windows
routines. Check your TEMP and TMP environment variables, and make sure
they specify the correct and complete path name of a writeable
directory.
Aandi Inston  quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com

quite