Problems using tiff2pdf libtiff...

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hello,

I want to convert multipages tiff files to pdf,
so I downloaded libtiff 3.7.3 for windows.

I use this command line:
tiff2pdf  input.tif

and I obtain this message:
-: Error writing TIFF header
tiff2pdf : Can't open temporary output file for writing to stdout.

If I specify an output file name, the program runs but it don't create any
file...

I tried to convert my file from ycbcr to rgb, changed compression, but
there's no change.

Have you an idea?

Thanks in advance

Cedric

0
Reply C 8/23/2005 3:06:19 PM

See related articles to this posting

C�dric wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to convert multipages tiff files to pdf,
> so I downloaded libtiff 3.7.3 for windows.
>
> I use this command line:
> tiff2pdf  input.tif
>
> and I obtain this message:
> -: Error writing TIFF header
> tiff2pdf : Can't open temporary output file for writing to stdout.
>
> If I specify an output file name, the program runs but it don't create any
> file...
>
> I tried to convert my file from ycbcr to rgb, changed compression, but
> there's no change.
>
> Have you an idea?

Sounds like the disk is full or you do not have writing permission in
that particular directory.

Please double-check and file a bug report in case this is not the problem.

Ralf
0
Reply Ralf 8/23/2005 4:24:29 PM

"Ralf Koenig" a �crit dans le message de news: ...

> Sounds like the disk is full or you do not have writing permission in
> that particular directory.
>
> Please double-check and file a bug report in case this is not the problem.
>
> Ralf

I checked with the installation instructions,
I added and modified environnement variables,
and I have space on my disk but it changes nothing....

Nevertheless, I feel that the problem is with the set of my windows,
my OS is Windows 2000 Pro.

Please, could you give me the path of the "particular directory"
that could be at the origin of the problem?

Thanks for your interest.

Cedric

0
Reply C 8/24/2005 9:16:03 AM

"C�dric" <cedric@somewhere.com> wrote:

>I use this command line:
>tiff2pdf  input.tif
>
>and I obtain this message:
>-: Error writing TIFF header
>tiff2pdf : Can't open temporary output file for writing to stdout.

The code calls GetTempPath and GetTempFileName, standard Windows
routines. Check your TEMP and TMP environment variables, and make sure
they specify the correct and complete path name of a writeable
directory.
Aandi Inston  quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com

Reply quite 8/24/2005 9:49:59 AM
comp.text.pdf 5545 articles. 36 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Using namespace problem and sizeof operator problem
#include<iostream.h> namespace put { void printf(char *p,int i=0) { cout<<p; cout<<i; } }; using namespace put #include<stdio.h> void main() { printf("rakesh"); printf("%s","suresh"); } output will first print "suresh" then "rakesh"; i don't know much theory of namespace so explain with that view ii) sizeof("\0007"); out is 2; ...

Problem using MAPI
I am trying to use MAPI. I have the following code.. Dim oSession as MAPI.Session ' in variable declaration Set oSession = CreateObject("MAPI.Session") ' in procedure This line causes "error 429 activeX control cant create object" I think it could be because something is not registered properly? What should be in the reference section? Regards, Chuck: In my VB6 Professional edition, you have to go to the Project menu then down to Components and select the Microsoft MAPI Controls (checkbox). I don't have much MAPI experience but ho...

Problems using an old programs which uses quicktime
Hi, I was given an older program (chemistry interactive) which was originally made for windows 3.11. This program was originally made to work with QuickTime 2.11. When I installed the program it asked me if I wanted to install QuickTime and I hit no (I have the newest version of quicktime so I didn't think I needed it). When I started the program it told me that the animations would not work because I didn't have QuickTime installed. Because of this I then went to reinstall the program, this time telling it that I wanted to install QuickTime, but when I launched the pro...

Problem building and using a DLL which uses wxWidgets
I want to build an application consisting of an exe and a dll which both use wxWidgets. I use wxWindows 2.4.2. The application is loading the businesslogic.dll by initializing an wrapperobject that loads/unloads dll and gets all symbols. My problem is that my dll seems to run a mainloop when loaded, so that wxDynamicDll::Load () never returns. If I define the _WXDLL, I can't even link, as wxEvent(void*) seems not to be defined. Anyone tried this and has a solution? I like to add, that I use the IMPLEMENT_APP in EXE and IMPLEMENT_APP_NO_MAIN in dll. I tried both, dynamic an...

Changing Regressiong problems to Classification problems using Discretization
Hi, In my research, I need to change a regression problem into a classification problem by discretizating all feature attributes and also the "decision attribute". Discretization involves mapping continuous values into discrete domains. At the moment, I have appied two discretization techniques. 1) the equal width discretization: dividing the continuous variable domains into equal width discrete intervals using intuition and 2) using k-means clustering to find the boundaries of intervals for the variables. The purpose of changing regression to classification using discretization i...

Problem using use CGI and LWP modules together
I am trying to develop a script to run on a web server. It uses the modules GD to do stuff with images CGI to get the parameters from the URI LWP to fetch stuff from the web If my program begins #!/usr/local/bin/perl use strict; use GD; use GD::Text; use CGI qw(:standard); use LWP::Simple; I get the error message Prototype mismatch: sub main::head: none vs ($) at s4pngu.pl line 6 and if I change the order of the last two lines quoted above, #!/usr/local/bin/perl use strict; use GD; use GD::Text; use LWP::Simple; use CGI qw(:standard); I get the error messa...

Re: Problem using a dialog and dynamic
Thanks to all who pointed out the "Method" issue. Seems obvious now, and something I'll be able to keep an eye out for in the future. Cheers, Paul. -----Original Message----- From: Paul Ellsmore [mailto:paul.ellsmore@nanion.co.uk] Sent: 22 March 2009 10:46 Subject: Problem using a dialog and dynamic Hi, The following code should show a button and a text field. When I click the button, i should get a system dialog allowing me to select a folder, and the folder's file and pathname should then be displayed in the text field. Panel[Grid[{{Button["...

Problems using getaddrinfo and friends using c99 standard
Hi, I'm trying to do some network programming, but when I use 'struct addrinfo' or getaddrinfo, I see errors: [ ~/src/_sandbox] gcc --std=c99 -Wall ipv6_test.c -o it ipv6_test.c: In function `main': ipv6_test.c:25: error: storage size of 'hints' isn't known ipv6_test.c:34: warning: implicit declaration of function `getaddrinfo' ipv6_test.c:38: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type ipv6_test.c:39: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type ipv6_test.c:40: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type ipv6_test.c:41: error: dereferencing pointer ...

I got some problems when using use activation mechanism of RMI
I wrote a program to use activation mechanism of RMI to instantiate remote objects. The program is as follow: The interface is import java.io.Serializable; import java.rmi.Remote; import java.rmi.RemoteException; interface Product // shared by client and server extends Remote, Serializable { String getDescription() throws RemoteException; } /*-------------------------------------------------------------*/ The remote object is import java.rmi.MarshalledObject; import java.rmi.RemoteException; import java.rmi.activation.ActivationID; import java.rmi.server.*; /** This is the impl...

how to use stoi? which *.h to use? trivial beginners problem...
Hi all The Code: #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/ddi.h> main(int argc, char *argv[]) { int i,dec; if ( argc < 2 ) { printf("\nBitte eine oder mehrere Zahlen als Argument angeben!"); printf("\nBeispiel:"); printf("\n %s 10 1 12 132\n",argv[0]); return 2; } for (i=1; i<argc; i++) { dec = stoi(argv[i]); printf("%s = %4d = %4x\n", argv[i], dec, dec); //printf("%s\n", argv[i]); } return 0; } The problem: $ gcc dec2hex.c Undefined first referenced symbol ...

Problems in using used/refurbished HP Procurve gear?
I have read that using used/refurbished Cisco, at least ones that are not "Cisco Certified Refurbished Equipment", gear can present a problem if you ever need support or software upgrades. Specifically that you need to relicense the Cisco software (see <http:// www.networkworld.com/community/node/14756>). Are there any such limitations in using HP Procurve gear? Will HP support a switch bought from a company like Network Liquidators <http:// www.networkliquidators.com/>, like they would any other out of warranty switch? Hello astewart@notre1.com, What i recognized t...

problem in using graphicx package when xmltex used with pdftex
Dear All, I am able to compile the below incorporated testxml.tex using latex in MiKTeX, but when I am trying to compile the same file with pdflatex it is throwing the following error message: --------- "error "(C:\MiKTeX\texmf\tex\latex\base\omscmr.fd) ! Undefined control sequence. % as scratch registers e l.22 % as scratch registers ; inside context we may consider" --------- I tried to analyze and find that this is happening due to the graphicx package and in turn of that it is due to pdftex.def driver. I further analyze and find that the ori...

Using QCTerm on HP9000.. Problems using Cobol debugger
My company is currently using QCTerm as a unix emulator, when I try to run the anim command (animate command in MF Cobol) it works, but I am not able to use important function keys like F4 to monitor. If I press function keys the session just freezes and I have to do a hard reset from the QCTerm drop-down menus. Not sure hw much knowledge anyone here has in Unix Emulators or if I am posting in the right area. Anyway, any help would be appreciated it. It appears the function keys are clashing with the animator function keys. ...

problem using WHILE and OR
Hey everybody, I ran into the following problem: I have a pair of 2 numbers, vor example [2 3]. I don't want these pairs to be either [1 2] or [11 12] or the two numbers are the same, like [4 4]. To solve this issue I wrote a while loop with the following structure: while Pair==[1 2] | Pair==[11 12] | Pair(1)==Pair(1) % search for a different pair end My problem is that with Pair=[1 12] the code jumps into the loop although it should not! What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your advice folks, Florian "Florian" <flowwiththeflo@hotmail.com> wrote in message <gvr8f5$...

Problem with use
When I do this: use ( cFile ) new shared and cFile is not a valid DBF, the program errors out instead of continuing and providing a neterr(). Dear Texextra: On Nov 11, 7:05=A0pm, Texextra <texex...@gmail.com> wrote: > When I do this: > > use ( cFile ) new shared > > and cFile is not a valid DBF, the program errors out instead of > continuing and providing a neterr(). And? It does that with Clipper 5.3 too. David A. Smith On Nov 11, 10:35=A0pm, dlzc <dl...@cox.net> wrote: > Dear Texextra: > > On Nov 11, 7:05=A0pm, Texextra <texex...@gmail.com>...

problems with libtiff
I'm working on tiff images so use libtiff.so DSO. In my program all PEs allocate memory for a tile (_TIFFmalloc). This works fine when I've just 1 PE, but with more than 1 PE I get the error: Titan[50] pushkar$ mpirun -np 2 main RGB.tif out.tif ld.so.1: /rstc/user1/erc/pushkar/data-fusion/main: fatal: relocation error: file /rstc/user1/erc/pushkar/data-fusion/main: symbol _TIFFmalloc: referenced symbol not found rm_l_1_27886: p4_error: net_recv read: probable EOF on socket: 1 bm_list_27875: p4_error: net_recv read: probable EOF on socket: 1 Broken Pipe I compile like this: env LDF...

using problem
How can I use the 'using' to fix this problem? If impossible with 'using', what I can do? ---------------------------------------------- class A { public: virtual char *read(int size) = 0; char *read(char *str) { return 0; } }; class B : public A { public: virtual char *read(int size) { return 0; } }; int main() { B b; b.read("throws an error"); return 0; } ---------------------------------------------- THANKS Chameleon wrote: > How can I use the 'using' to fix this problem? > If impossible with 'using', what I can do? > ------------...

Problem with using /.
Hello: I am trying to compute the moments of a distribution using the moment generating function, MGF[t,k]. Here is the relevant function for computing the j'th moment. M[j_, t_, k_] := D[MGF[t, k], {t, j}] /. {u -> 0, Sum[Subscript[p, i],{i, 0, k}] = 1}; After taking the j'th derivative, need to set u to 0 and the sum of p(i)'s to 1. When I execute M[3, u, 5], get the following error.(converted output to input form) \!\(\* StyleBox[ ErrorBox[\(Set:: "\<write\>" : "\<Tag \!\(Sum\) in \!\(\(∑\+\(i = 0\)\%5\) p\_i\...

Using the AS clause in a SQL stored proc -- problem using datetime column
I'm trying to concatenate fields in SQL stored proc for use in text field in asp.net dropdownlist. I'm running into a problem when I try to use a DateTime field, but can't find the answer (so far) on the Internet. Was hoping someone here would know? My sql stored proc: SELECT AnomalyID, DateEntered + ', ' + Station + ', ' + Problem As 'SelectInfo' FROM tblAnomaly WHERE WorkOrder=@varWO AND Signoff=Null ORDER BY DateEntered but I get the error: The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value. I'm ...

use this one
I have a certificate and a private key. I used keytool to create a keystore with the certificate and alias of "tomcat". keytool does not seem to provide a way to import a private key. How can you import a private key into tomcat keystore. I tried openssl using a command provided by Sudsy. openssl pkcs12 -export -in <signed_cert_filename> -inkey <private_key_filename> -name <alias> -out <keystore_filename> However, tomcat failed to negotiate ssl with the browser. I suspect there is a...

problem while starting a process which is using DLL when being called using the create process
Error is as follows :- Runtime Error 429 : ActiveX component cannot create object OS: Win NT 4, VB-6.0 I have a custom made dll Project A spawns the Project B exe file through CreateProcess. Project B is using the dll. Error 429 comes on this line CreateProcess. ProjectB runs fine independently. We have also tried using Shell for spawning the process but same error. We also tried unregistering and registering the dll . Pls help. ...

Problem using hyperhelp
As those who have answered various of my questions know, I have problems finding information known to exist "somewhere" in the man pages. I think I have a handle on how I want to retrieve what *I* consider the "relevant" hits. Now comes the problem displaying the retrieved information. As the man pages I'm using are in HTML (see http://www.tcl.tk/man/) I started looking for Tcl/Tk packages that could display HTML files. I came across "hyperhelp". It is apparently included in the ActiveState distribution which I use. At least its man page is available i...

Monitor goes blank using Linux slopware... no problems using Vista
"...my monitor keeps going blank even while using it.. For the past 6 months I've been using mdv and maybe last month installed 2gb of new memory, which does seem when this problem has started. It also had some freezing issues after I installed the memory. But a couple of weeks ago, I was using Vista and didn't seem to have any issues. I have set the screensaver option to never put screen to sleep. " http://forum.mandriva.com/viewtopic.php?t=116787 Microsoft is doomed On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 00:00:26 -0400, DFS wrote: > "...my monitor keeps going blank even...

Problem using wxThread with a Windows Service using 2.6.1
I have a problem using wxThread with a Windows Service using 2.6.1 I have an application that starts several threads and one wxThread. I compile this application as an ordinary win32 application and everything works fine. Next I compile it all as a WIN32 service. All standard threads using native calls starts fine, the wxWidgets thread do create but never enters "Entry". Also return value from "create" and run is wxTHREAD_NO_ERROR Anyone experiences this and have a solution. /Ake -- --- Ake Hedman (YAP - Yet Another Programmer) eurosource, Brattb...