Removing background color from pdf for printing

Hello,

i have several pdfs created by powerpoint. The author used a blue background
color (changing its saturation throughout the page) in powerpoint. This
background is not removeable by options in Acrobat reader 7.0 . Printing of
that documents costs a lot of ink or toner. Is there a possibility to get
rid of that background?

Greetings,
    Christoph

2
Christoph

Hello,

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:46:30 +0200
"Christoph" <chrbroens@onlinehome.de> wrote:

> i have several pdfs created by powerpoint. The author used a blue background
> color (changing its saturation throughout the page) in powerpoint. This
> background is not removeable by options in Acrobat reader 7.0 . Printing of
> that documents costs a lot of ink or toner. Is there a possibility to get
> rid of that background?

Most probably not. If it's only one PDF object (depends on how the PDF
was produced), you may try to use Acrobat and its touch-up tool to
remove the backgrounds. But this task seems very "unscriptable" to me,
i.e., you'll need to do manual work.

-hwh
0
Hans
7/13/2005 12:03:16 PM

Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:46:30 +0200
> "Christoph" <chrbroens@onlinehome.de> wrote:
>

>>i have several pdfs created by powerpoint. The author used a blue background
>>color (changing its saturation throughout the page) in powerpoint. This
>>background is not removeable by options in Acrobat reader 7.0 . Printing of
>>that documents costs a lot of ink or toner. Is there a possibility to get
>>rid of that background?
>

> Most probably not. If it's only one PDF object (depends on how the PDF
> was produced), you may try to use Acrobat and its touch-up tool to
> remove the backgrounds. But this task seems very "unscriptable" to me,
> i.e., you'll need to do manual work.
>
> -hwh

Been there. Done that. Unless the most recent version of PowerPoint
handles background gradients more gracefully than earlier versions
(which I sincerely doubt), the background consists of a lot of
horizontal bars. Removing them without disturbing other content of the
slide is almost impossible. In addition, if the text is rendered in
white, dropped out of the background, removing the background makes the
words illegible. And selecting the text to touch up the color can be
equally frustrating, especially if it was rendered with a drop shadow.

The only real solution is to get the original PowerPoint presentation
and print it to PDF using the Black & White option in the print dialog.
Perhaps the author can do this for you if he or she does not wish to
part with the PPT files.
1
Dick
7/13/2005 12:17:53 PM
Thanks for the information!
My problem is that the pdf files are from several authors: from the
professoers of my studying and it will be difficult to motivate them to do
anything for a student..... at least not for this version, may be they will
do it for later versions. Anyhow i will inform them.
But if there is any possible idea else, like some tool.... please inform me!

Christoph

"Dick Margulis" <margulisd@comcast.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:46:30 +0200
>> "Christoph" <chrbroens@onlinehome.de> wrote:
>>

>>>i have several pdfs created by powerpoint. The author used a blue
>>>background color (changing its saturation throughout the page) in
>>>powerpoint. This background is not removeable by options in Acrobat
>>>reader 7.0 . Printing of that documents costs a lot of ink or toner. Is
>>>there a possibility to get rid of that background?
>>

>> Most probably not. If it's only one PDF object (depends on how the PDF
>> was produced), you may try to use Acrobat and its touch-up tool to
>> remove the backgrounds. But this task seems very "unscriptable" to me,
>> i.e., you'll need to do manual work.
>>
>> -hwh
>
> Been there. Done that. Unless the most recent version of PowerPoint
> handles background gradients more gracefully than earlier versions (which
> I sincerely doubt), the background consists of a lot of horizontal bars.
> Removing them without disturbing other content of the slide is almost
> impossible. In addition, if the text is rendered in white, dropped out of
> the background, removing the background makes the words illegible. And
> selecting the text to touch up the color can be equally frustrating,
> especially if it was rendered with a drop shadow.
>
> The only real solution is to get the original PowerPoint presentation and
> print it to PDF using the Black & White option in the print dialog.
> Perhaps the author can do this for you if he or she does not wish to part
> with the PPT files.

1
Christoph
7/13/2005 6:43:28 PM
Just see if they are willing to send you the ppt files. You'll need to
get a copy of PowerPoint if you don't have it; but then you'll be able
to print the slides the way you want to.

Otherwise, try printing the PDFs two to a page. That will use somewhat
less than half as much toner and the type should still be plenty large
enough to read.

Christoph wrote:

> Thanks for the information!
> My problem is that the pdf files are from several authors: from the
> professoers of my studying and it will be difficult to motivate them to do
> anything for a student..... at least not for this version, may be they will
> do it for later versions. Anyhow i will inform them.
> But if there is any possible idea else, like some tool.... please inform me!
>
> Christoph
>
> "Dick Margulis" <margulisd@comcast.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>

>>Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
>>

>>>Hello,

>>>Most probably not. If it's only one PDF object (depends on how the PDF
>>>was produced), you may try to use Acrobat and its touch-up tool to
>>>remove the backgrounds. But this task seems very "unscriptable" to me,
>>>i.e., you'll need to do manual work.
>>>
>>>-hwh
>>
>>Been there. Done that. Unless the most recent version of PowerPoint
>>handles background gradients more gracefully than earlier versions (which
>>I sincerely doubt), the background consists of a lot of horizontal bars.
>>Removing them without disturbing other content of the slide is almost
>>impossible. In addition, if the text is rendered in white, dropped out of
>>the background, removing the background makes the words illegible. And
>>selecting the text to touch up the color can be equally frustrating,
>>especially if it was rendered with a drop shadow.
>>
>>The only real solution is to get the original PowerPoint presentation and
>>print it to PDF using the Black & White option in the print dialog.
>>Perhaps the author can do this for you if he or she does not wish to part
>>with the PPT files.

0
Dick

PDF PDF PDF
For anyone struggling to figure out how to create a PDF in SWX it's pretty simple but you may have to have the Bluebeam version of swx FIRST go to Tools>Options and check "Save as PDF" Then you can save them right from the save as dialog. Maybe I'm the only dumbass that could't figure that out! ;0) But it was in help under "PDF" An easier way is to download a program from www.pdf995.com that "prints" you files to a PDF foramat. This program works with SW and any other program you use to print with. "3d" <jmiller at marvelindustri...

PDF TO PDF/A
Hello, is it possible to convert a PDF file to PDFA file ? i tried the -dPDFA option and i vefy my pdf file with PDF longlife. I have an error. Thanks for help. ...

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)

how to change the background color and print the PDF file?
Hi all, I have a PDF file which was converted from Powerpoint file. The background was unfornately blue and the foreground color is white. If I print it out directly, it will cost a lot of my laser printer powder. Is there a way to change the background color to a lighter color or negate the color either in Acrobat or during the printing process? Thanks a lot On Feb 27, 1:59 pm, "Mike" <housing2...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a PDF file which was converted from Powerpoint file. The background > was unfornately blue and the foreground color is wh...

Saving pdf is disabled but printing pdf to pdf is possible, some problems still
Hi! You know that saving editable PDF-files (I mean PDF-files where fields are editable) is disabled in Acrobat Reader. So I need a way to save edited PDF-files (with filled text-fields and other fields) to PDF. One way is to print PDF-file with some PDF-printer to new PDF, when edited field's data are saved to that new one within right way. That works sometimes but sometimes some of fonts are disabled and some text-fields are filled with different size of circles. Anyone know how to do that? Is Acrobat Reader protected against this kind of doing? Thanks a lot to everyone and I'm...

Printing a PDF from Another PDF
is there any way I can print a PDF Document from another PDF. The reason I am asking this is that I have a PDF list containing approx. 50 PDF Documents and would like to be able to print a chosen Document from my list rather than linking to it and then printing it when it has opened. Thanks in anticipation ...

How to control printer to print PDF text in color other than black ?
Hi, I have some PDF documents to print using my HP laser jet color pritner (model 2605dn). However, instead of printing the text in black ink, I would like to print the text in other colors like RED or BLUE. How could I do that ? Is that possible ? Tks! You could try using a pdf editor to change the text colour. Cheers -- cmyk "come_mon_come_mon!" <come_mon_come_mon@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message news:1177400708.472989.245950@u32g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have some PDF documents to print using my HP laser jet color pritner > (model 2605dn). Howev...

Printing colored text on a colored background
I am trying to print a document that has some orange writing and imagery on a purple background. How do I set the document to have the orange objects and text appear as their true color (like on a plain white background) as opposed to looking like it is blending with the purple when I go to print? I know this is not called trapping, but I was told that a thin white background appears on the objects when this is done? Thank you! Nora * Zohrabian21@gmail.com: > I am trying to print a document that has some orange writing and > imagery on a purple background. How do I set the document t...

ANN: Fly Text to PDF

VeryPDF PDF Password Remover
For Immediate Release Remove the password from the Adobe PDF file Verypdf.com Inc. has released PDF Password Remover v2.0, a Windows 95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP program that makes it easy to remove both password encryption and all restrictions from Adobe Acrobat PDF files. The PDF Password Remover can be used to decrypt protected Adobe Acrobat PDF files, which have "owner" password set, preventing the file from editing, changing, printing, selecting text and graphics (and copying them into the Clipboard), or adding/changing annotations and form fields. Decryption is being done instantly...

Convert PDF image to PDF text
Hi, I have a PDF file with image text documents. hence I can't search the text. How can I convert it to searchable PDF file? Thanx You will have to scan it using an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) application and then create a PDF file. -- Don Vancouver, USA <WhiteLen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193737890.691267.165820@z9g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have a PDF file with image text documents. hence I can't search the > text. How can I convert it to searchable PDF file? > > Thanx > Any recommendation for OCR application? ...

Origin of PDF is shifted when PDF is printed
Hallo, we are in a test phase for the following project: Generate lots of PSFs with renderX's XEP and let them print on demand by a service provider specialized on this. The PDFs are printed on a highly automated basis. The problem is, that the service provider complains about that our PDFs contain some unknown error. That leads to a huge vertical shift of the printed output in a way that only approx. the two centimeters of the PDF is printed at the top of the paper sheet. Horizontally the PDF is shifted, too, but only a couple of millimeters. If you open the PDF in an Acrobat Reader or ...

background color of pdf
Hi, how can I change the background of pdf files? I've tried with acrobat (not reader)... Searched the net... but still nothing. The purpose of this is to print the document in b/w. thanks giorgio_g@mpemail.net (matthew_v) wrote: >Hi, how can I change the background of pdf files? >I've tried with acrobat (not reader)... Searched the net... but still nothing. >The purpose of this is to print the document in b/w. Can you expand on your purpose a bit more... how will changing the background colour help? What colour is it now, and what colour do you want it? ------------------...

No text when printing from PDF
If I load the following document into !PDF it displays correctly but the text is missing when I print it. (http://rickman.orpheusweb.co.uk/nolink/premiumbonds/pdf) I don't have anything ticked in the display settings except "Highlight links". If I tick Bitmap mode the printout is completely blank. version numbers etc. PDF - 3.03.1.25alpha Printers - 1.75 with PS3 RISC OS - 5.20 ArtWorks - 2.X2 There is an easy bypass as the same file loads and prints correctly using ArtWorks, but it would be nice to know why !PDF behaves as it does. John ...

printing PDF direct to HP laserjet 4050 get raw content not PDF printed
>From a command prompt if I do type test.pdf > lpt3: on a HP LJ1320 I get the PDF nicely printed But when I try same thing on a HP LJ4050 I get the raw content printed as text like %PDF1.4 1 0 obj << /Type /Catalog /Version /1.4 kicking <k.king177@ntlworld.com> wrote: > >>From a command prompt if I do > > type test.pdf > lpt3: > > on a HP LJ1320 I get the PDF nicely printed > > B...

Postscript to PDF with pdf-tools, pdf-writer, or other
Does anyone have a way to convert Postscript to PDF using pdf-tools, pdf-writer, or other method? Any suggestions? On 14/04/2008, Sean Nakasone <seannakasone@yahoo.com> wrote: > Does anyone have a way to convert Postscript to PDF using pdf-tools, > pdf-writer, or other method? Any suggestions? ps2pdf is standard on any install of Ghostscript, at least on most flavours of Linux/BSD Farrel ...

Printing to PDF uding Free PDF / GhostScript
I have installed Free PDF, Ghostscript, Redmon and Adobe Prostscript Printer on WinXP Home, and it worked nicely. But suddenly I get an errror: "The input postscript file file: c:\window Sorry, my keyboard went crazy (working over a GoToMyPC line which sometimes gives problems with the keyboeard). This was what I tried to write: I have installed Free PDF, Ghostscript, Redmon and Adobe Prostscript Printer on WinXP Home, and it worked nicely. But suddenly I get an errror: {"The input postscript file file: c:\window\reda02784} > > John Je ...

convert PDF images to PDF text (OCR)
Hi, I have a book which was entirely scanned into a PDF, there are approximately 300 pages. The problem is that each page is an image of the paper page, not selectable text. How can I convert this PDF made of images to a text-selectable PDF? Or directly convert it to Word? I suppose I'll need some form of OCR. Thanks in advance, Raphael Yes, since you have an image, you need to OCR it into data. You will not have much luck with any formating info, but most OCR programs today to a pretty good job if the image is fairly clean . Larry T. larrynospam@nospamjbmsystems.com wrote in message...

scanned image pdf to searchable text pdf
We have a lot of pdf files that are just scanned images of documents. How easy is it to change these into pdf's that we can search for specific words. I believe Adobe Acrobat Capture will do this when the document is originally scanned, but can it use pdf's that have already been created. If it can, can this process be automated to convert 100s of pdf files? Are there other alternatives to Adobe Acrobat Capture as it is not cheap for a large number of documents? I am new to this, so please keep it simple. Thanks for any help. Adrian HI, As you indicated, your pdf's are ...

Convert color pdf to b/w pdf
Hello everyone, I'm trying to convert a color pdf file (which is really a bunch of scanned pages) into a black/white pdf file. In my office I have Adobe Acrobat 6.0. I'm not really an expert with Acrobat, so is there a quick and easy way to convert my file to b/w? Thanks -- Aaron Deskins Graduate Student Chemical Engineering Purdue University One way is to convert it to a tiff file, but it would probably get bigger. /Stefan "Aaron Deskins" <ndeskins@ecn.purdue.edu> skrev i meddelandet news:407C043A.8090100@ecn.purdue.edu... > Hello everyone, > I...

PDF TO PDF MULTIPAGES
Hello, (gs 8.54 -Windows XP) i try this to convert a pdf file to one pdf file per page: gs.exe -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -o c:\fic-%d.pdf -q c:\colle.pdf It doesn't work. Is works with jpeg files: gs.exe -sDEVICE=jpeg -o c:\fic-%d.jpg -q c:\colle.pdf Thanks for Help. Christophe BADET Christophe BADET wrote: > Hello, > > (gs 8.54 -Windows XP) > i try this to convert a pdf file to one pdf file per page: > > gs.exe -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -o c:\fic-%d.pdf -q c:\colle.pdf > It doesn't work. > Is works with jpeg files: > gs.exe -sDEVICE=jpeg -o c:\fic-%d.jpg -q c:\colle....

Colored Text extraction from PDF
Hi All is it possible to extract the colored text from pdf. for example: There are 3 color texts in a pdf -- RED, GREEN and BLACK. is it possible to extract text which are red and green in color? - Regards Azodious Azodious wrote: > Hi All > is it possible to extract the colored text from pdf. > > for example: > There are 3 color texts in a pdf -- RED, GREEN and BLACK. > is it possible to extract text which are red and green in color? > Yes. It is possible, but I know of no method I'd actually want to use. Just my �0.02 worth. -- RGB On Wed, 3 Jun 2009 07:4...

Embedding PDF into PDF ?
I have read from websearching that it is possible to embed a smaller PDF into a main PDF, but cannot find out how this is done. Would I have to open the PDF as a text file and have my program locate a certain PDF command, then literally just stream the raw smaller PDF into it ? Any links or info would be very much aprpeciated Thanks Paul On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Paul Champan wrote: > I have read from websearching that it is possible to embed a smaller PDF > into a main PDF, but cannot find out how this is done. Do you want to merge 2 pdf files or "place" pdf files into a ...

pdf to dvi to pdf?
I need help with what seems to be a simple problem. I have a collection of pdf manuscript to submitt to a on-demand publisher. They want them to be: (1)6in x 9in with 1/2in margins allound (2) and embedded fonts. The problem is there are: (1) 8.5in x 11in with 1in margins (2) and the fonts aren't embedded. Perl pdf mod is one possibility, what would be involved with doing this with LaTex? I wanting to stay with open source solutions(Linux). TIA, David editor@deepmeanings.com (David Jackon) schrieb: > I need help with what seems to be a simple problem. > I have a collection of ...

Web resources about - Removing background color from pdf for printing - comp.text.pdf

Discovery of cosmic microwave background radiation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The accidental discovery of cosmic microwave background radiation is a major development in modern physical cosmology . Although predicted by ...

Android App OStream Speeds Up Facebook Experience By Synchronizing Content In Background
Facebook’s newly revamped Android application was rebuilt with a focus on speed, and startup oStream wants to help users of devices on that operating ...

Background for Dick Armey’s Endorsement of “Nothing for the Nation”
To truly grasp the profound nature of Dick Armey’s endorsement of Nothing for the Nation: Who Got What Out of Iraq, one must understand the events ...

Facebook Photos Gets Polish: White Background, Bigger Images That Load Faster
... Facebook product manager Justin Shaffer describes a new version of Facebook’s photo viewer coming out now. In place of the black lightbox background ...

Easy Background Tasks in ASP.NET
As I work on the badge implementation for Stack Overflow, I needed a way to call the code that detects and awards the badges out of band. Traditionally ...

Camera Amazing with Pictures Background Remover for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch ...
Get Camera Amazing with Pictures Background Remover on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Chrome 49 Beta improves background sync, introduces new APIs, more
... Design by default to desktop browsers and Chrome OS, version 49 will introduce more low laying features for developers. Notably, improved background ...

Uber settles “industry-leading background check” class-action for $28.5M
... class-action lawsuit originally filed in late December 2014 by six men who argued that the startup’s claim of running "industry-leading background ...

Maggie Gyllenhaal in Marc Jacobs at the Globes: blending into the background?
... Her look did come in handy, I suppose, if she didn’t feel like being sociable at the HBO after party, as she seemingly blended into the background. ...