Removing of all Searchable Text Layer of a PDF

Hi,

Currently I was wondering whether there was a way to remove all text
from the layer underneath the scanned image (the searchable text layer)
of a PDF ???

Can anyone recommend any product that would do this (either as an
application or a dll that could be added to C# code) ???

Thank you in advance

comp.text.pdf 5583 articles. 0 followers. ramon (1518) is leader. Post Follow

How to remove an interface from spanning tree?
Hello folks We have a triangle shaped L2 network with three 6513 switches and spanning tree enabled on all vlans to handle loop configuration. Pretty basic I guess. Today the fiber link between our root 6513 and the "secondary" 6513 went down due to supplier error, but everythings OK using the other links previously blocked by STP and I disabled the interfaces on the broken link not to confuse STP if the link comes up. Now our supplier tells us to start testing the link but I don't want to risk STP sync during office hours. Is there a way to bring up an L2 interface without part...

Eud. Pro 4.3.2
When I post a message to a Yahoo mailing list, there's always a note at the bottom of my post that says "[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]". In the headers of my emails there's a line that contains "Content-Type: multipart/mixed;". Most messages from others (including mailing lists) have "text/plain" instead. I have my Styled Text option set to Send Plain Text Only and I can't find any other setting to explain this. What am I missing? Roger Grady k9opo@sbcglobal.qlfit.net To reply by email, remove "qlfit."...

parsing text from a file
If I read a windows registry file with a line like this: "{C15039B5-C47C-47BD-A698-A462F4148F52}"="v2.0|Action=Allow|Active=TRUE|Dir=In|Protocol=6|Profile=Public|App=C:\\Program Files\\LANDesk\\LDClient\\tmcsvc.exe|Name=LANDesk Targeted Multicast|Edge=FALSE|" with this code: f=open('fwrules.reg2.txt') for s in f: if s.find('LANDesk') <0: print s, LANDesk is not found. Also this does not work: for s in f: try: i=s.index('L') print s[i:i+7] except: pass all it prints is "LAND" how do I find LANDesk in a string...

RFD: Remove comp.soft-sys.nextstep
REQUEST FOR DISCUSSION (RFD) This is a formal Request For Discussion (RFD) to remove the following Usenet newsgroup: remove comp.soft-sys.nextstep RATIONALE: remove comp.soft-sys.nextstep This is one of a set of 31 low-traffic former INET groups proposed for removal. Please see the article "2nd RFD: Remove low traffic former INET groups" posted to news.announce.newgroups and news.groups for a more general discussion. ********************************************************************************** RATIONALE: remove comp.soft-sys.nextstep The newsgr...

Removing language comparisons
python.org has a page of "Python vs. X" language comparisons at <http://www.python.org/doc/Comparisons.html>. They're all pretty outdated, and often unfair because they're written by a person who knows Python well but has only a nodding acquaintance with language X. I'm planning to drop this page from python.org because it's so outdated and no one is around to maintain it. If anyone wants to grab the contents and turn them into a Wiki page, or use bits of them for marketing material, please do it now. --amk On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 20:51:30 -0500, "A.M. K...

Rotate a pdf
Hello, I have an Asus handheld with a 240x320 resolution with Pocket Pc 2003. I have a pdf text, but to view a hole row inside the screen i have to make it so small that the characters get totally undistinguished, so I wanted to ask if it is possible to rotate of 90� the pdf text to make the rows vertical, in the way that the rows are parallel to the longest side of the screen, and they can get a bit bigger without going out of the area of the screen. Thanks a lot! vvega vvega <LEAVEMEvvegaz@aliceposta.it> schrubte: > I wanted to ask if it is possible to rotate of ...

Re: removing string from text files.
Hello I need to extract data from text file, which contain random text at a regular interval. My text file looks something like this: 2.00 'day' 2000-01-03 'Global Mole Fraction(SOL) - Matrix' '' 0.850421 0.662334 0.42014 0.304977 0.19464 0.107398 0.0579599 0.0352883 0.0235352 0.0138323 0.00822029 0.00476013 0.00218838 0.000692394 0.000261295 0.000107044 4.26836E-005 4.00 'day' 2000-01-05 'Global Mole Fraction(SOL) - Matrix' '' 0.949048 0.872466 0.744197 0.653951 0....

===8<==============Original message text=============== HELLO ALL, I HAVE ACTUALLY MISSED OUR CONVERSATIONS LATELY : ) I FELT THAT AS WE CLOSED OUR CONTRACT TALKS IT WOULD BE BEST TO GIVE US ALL A LITTLE BREATHING ROOM AND SPACE SO THAT WE COULD DIGEST OUR VENTURE AND SO THAT VLAD COULD FINISH UP. I AM HAPPY TO SHARE SOME RECENT INFORMATION. VLAD, ..... ... .. ............ ....... . .... ..... ... .... ... ........ ........ .... ....... .. .... ........ ... .. ... ..... .. .. . ...... ...... .. ....... ...... ... ... .... .. DAVID ....... ... .. ..... ........ .. . ... .. .....

Format text to 80 columns
Hi, is there any way to format a text to fit into 80 columns (with sed, awk or the like)? -Erik -- hackerkey://v4sw5hw2ln3pr5ck0ma2u7LwXm4l7Gi2e2t4b7Ken4/7a16s0r1p-5.62/-6.56g5OR On 2008-10-02, Erik Hahn <erik_hahn@replyto.invalid> wrote: > Hi, > > is there any way to format a text to fit into 80 columns (with sed, awk > or the like)? $ man fmt -- Grant Edwards grante Yow! at BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI-BI visi.com Erik Hahn wrote: > Hi, > > i...

Remove interior points from convex hull.
Hi, I am using CGAL 3.3 for incremental construction of convex hull in higher dimensions. I was wondering if there is a quick way to remove redundant points (points that are not vertices of the hull) from the Convex hull in d dimensions in CGAL? I could of course do it by deleting the old hull and constructing a new one from scratch with only the points that are vertices of the old hull. But this may not be so efficient. I need this since I incrementally add points to the convex hull, and would like to save memory space by removing points that lie in the interior. thanks, amit. A po...

axis tight and text
Is there anyway to get axis tight to recognize text? The legend and text objects are ending up on or outside of the plot. One approach would be to put an invisible square around the plot objects, but this seems to be a rather clunky approach to fixing a matlab function. Best wishes, Pete I can�t reproduce this problem... Can you post some code? /Johan Peter Harrington wrote: > Is there anyway to get axis tight to recognize text? The legend and text > objects are ending up on or outside of the plot. One approach would be to > put an invisible square around the plot obj...

laying out text into an 'L' shaped space.
Is there any way using HTML 4.01 of wrapping text and other inline elements into an 'L' or 'C' shaped space in a table - i.e. telling the browser that a series of table cells which don't form a square, line, or rectangle should all be considered as part of the same inline block? What i want it for is I'm using a two column table to display a series of images with text, and I want the images opposite the centre of each text section, with the text sections overlapping each other side to side when they're taller than the image, so that there isn't too mu...

Q [geometry]: text body vs. papersize
Hello, I am trying to use the geometry and pstricks packages to set a few pieces of text that will fill space on a pre-printed copyright form of the American Geophysical Union. I am having trouble getting geometry to lay out a blank page with body (including footer and header) equal to papersize, no margins or margin separation spaces, so that I can use a pspicture environment to position text exactly as I measure it from the pre-printed using a ruler. I have tried a variety of combinations of geometry options, and am wondering if I have misunderstood the documentation, or whether I should ...

remove background of an image
Hi, I,m trying to analyze an Image statistical, i.e. getting contrast= std/mean, I need a correct result, and may another way to analyze this image, and I need to remove background...., may be use fft2,pdf and smoothing...... the image is "speckle pattern", I used the webcamera to get this image, it's with a squared black background say 8cmx8cm and the speckle spot in the middle is with a diameter 5 cm I did this, I =double(imread(image.jpg'))=; II=1/3*(I(:,:,1)+I(:,:,2)+I(:,:,3)); contrast=std(std(II))/mean(mean(II)); appricate if someone can help me.... thanks ...

Problems after removing from domain
Removed an XP Pro box from a domain into a workgroup and now it will restart 2 to 3 times a day, the message is: "Shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM C:\Windows\ System32\services.exe Status code-1073741819" which is an access violation. Is there anyone that knows a fix for this, not sure if a domain policy is trying to still run or a service. TIA Tim ...

Text marking on an O.D.
I have a tube that I need to engrave a serial number to the outside of, I was wondering if this is possible to do with SolidWorks 2004. I can not get it to work on a non-flat surface, but I need to show our vendor exactly how and where to engrave, just like it is shown on our customers print (Pro-E). I am hoping SolidWorks does have this technology. Any advice here would be helpful. How about using the "Wrap" feature? You can use text in the sketch and then use the "Wrap" feature to apply it to a curved surface. You can make it embossed or raised with this feature. Richar...

How to read "text" of checkbuttons?
Hi, I have a list of checkbuttons each one has a name different than the others. I want to write a text file based on selection/deselection of these checkbuttons, such that it writes the text of the selected button in a text file (within another fixed text). Should I make a separate variable to carry each text value of the check buttons? And how to do that in case i have unkown number of checkbuttons (the number of them depends on a file that is been processed by regexp first) Any help please? Thanks and regards Ahmad "Ahmad" <ahmad.abdulghany@gmail.com> wrote in message ...

removing a namespace prefix and removing all attributes not in that same prefix
Hi, After reading and experimenting for a several hours, I have this stylesheet: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:mml="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML" xmlns:xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/xmlns/" xmlns:mathematica="http://www.wolfram.com/XML/" version="1.0"> <xsl:template match="mml:*"> <xsl:element name="{local-name(.)}" namespace="{namespace-uri(.)}"> <xsl:for-each select="...

Read text from a named cell in Excel.
How can I get the text from a named cell in Excel? I am able to find a cell range (i.e. A3) but I would prefer to get the text from a named cell. I am using LV 7.1. Thanks, that works great. ...

Removing Text W/O Removing Background
I scanned a document with photos and text. I need to change some of the text but don't know how to with out cutting the whole background out. I tried to use the clone tool and spot healing brush but they don't seem to work. Part of the text has a white background and part of it has an image underneath it. How do I edit this text without changing the background? Thanks, Mick "mkaywood@stu.parkland.edu" <mkaywood@stu.parkland.edu> wrote in news:1142534318.563137.241780@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com: > I scanned a document with photos and text. I need to change som...

Is this possible

Biblatex, removing comma before pageref and adding parenthesis
Hi All, I am trying to tweak Biblatex to adhere to the MHRA style. I therefore need a journal citation to look like this: > Author, 'Title', [i]Journal[/i], Volume (Date), pages (p./pp. pageref). At the moment the best I can get is almost right. I get: > Author, 'Title', [i]Journal[/i], Volume (Date), pages, p./pp. pageref. So what I need to do is get the pageref to be in parentheses, and get rid of the comma before it. I thought that this would work, but it does not: \DeclareFieldFormat{pagerefincollection}{\mkbibparens{#1}} \newbibmacro*{pagerefincollection}{% ...

Re: Text over button widget #2
Maybe you could load the image into a canvas and place the text over it in the background of you program.Then you could display it. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Golgi !" <golgi_perl@msn.com> To: <ptk@lists.Stanford.EDU> Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 7:12 PM Subject: Re: Text over button widget > >why not open the gif in photoshop and put text on the image using T tool > >john larson > > Yea, will most likely have to. But I'm trying to use -textvariable because > the name changes to reflect the current julian date. Ki...

Remove Duplicates #2
V8.03 Approx 690,000 records 10 Fields 1 Field Unique Field-Called Global How to revove duplicate row entries in the database. Thanking all in advance Ron roncayne On 6 Jul 2006 17:51:27 -0700, roncayne@gmail.com wrote: > V8.03 > Approx 690,000 records > 10 Fields > 1 Field Unique Field-Called Global > How to revove duplicate row entries in the database. > Thanking all in advance For that many records the fastetst solution would be - export as tab separated text to '803.txt' - type the unix command 'sort -u 803.txt > 803.tab' - import 803.tab to ...

Incrementing the filename of a text file
I've been working on this problem for some time and I must say I'm stump. Any help would be appreciated. Basically what I'm trying to do is write the results of a loop to a new text file with every pass. For example the user chooses that the loop should run 10 times. I want to write the results of each pass of the loop to a text file by incrementing the filename and creating a new text file. So if it the loop went through 10 passes I would have results1.txt, results2.txt, results3.txt, etc all the way up to results10.txt I don't know if I've been totally clear here but I&...