Removing of all Searchable Text Layer of a PDF

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,

Currently I was wondering whether there was a way to remove all text
from the layer underneath the scanned image (the searchable text layer)
of a PDF ???

Can anyone recommend any product that would do this (either as an
application or a dll that could be added to C# code) ???

Thank you in advance

0
Reply MrMBrundle (1) 9/12/2006 6:32:57 AM

See related articles to this posting
comp.text.pdf 5537 articles. 36 followers. Post

extract text layer from searchable pdf and merge with another pdf
Dear comp.text.pdfians I have a pdf (a searchable pdf consisting in book pages scans, then passed to ocr that has added a text layer hidden under images, so pdf is searchable) this pdf has jbig2 compression (it counts 135 pages in A5 format scanned at 300 dpi and its size is about 1928 KB) After ocrization, I noticed that scans have been degrated in quality, so I want extract text layer and merge this text layer with another copy of same pdf containing scans in high quality it is possible extract a text layer from a pdf and then merge with raster layer of another pdf? -- Puppy Linux...

scanned image pdf to searchable text pdf
We have a lot of pdf files that are just scanned images of documents. How easy is it to change these into pdf's that we can search for specific words. I believe Adobe Acrobat Capture will do this when the document is originally scanned, but can it use pdf's that have already been created. If it can, can this process be automated to convert 100s of pdf files? Are there other alternatives to Adobe Acrobat Capture as it is not cheap for a large number of documents? I am new to this, so please keep it simple. Thanks for any help. Adrian HI, As you indicated, your pdf's are ...

Adding text layer to PDF
I'm looking for a tool to programmatically add an invisible text layer to an existing PDF page. I have a multipage PDF file and for each page I also have a corresponding text representation (in a separate file per page). I need to write an application that add this text page to each of the PDF pages to create a searchable PDF file. Any suggestions ? Peter Peter Hemmingsen wrote: > I'm looking for a tool to programmatically add an invisible text layer to an > existing PDF page. > > I have a multipage PDF file and for each page I also have a corresponding > te...

Automatically Add URL to Searchable Text in PDF...
I'm looking for a Adobe Acrobat Plug-in that would allow me to automatically generate URL links based on paired value of Searchable Text and URL in a PDF file. Let's say that I have the following list (of 5000 items) in a CSV file: Part# URL ----- ---- SKU1 http://www.mydomainname.com/layout.asp?product_id=SKU1 SKU2 http://www.mydomainname.com/layout.asp?product_id=SKU2 SKU3 http://www.mydomainname.com/layout.asp?product_id=SKU3 .... I would like to be able the plug-in to read the list, then generate URL Link for every instance of part # with the ...

Edit (remove text in) write protected PDF
Hi all! I have a one-page PDF, which seems to be write protected. Is there a way to make slight changes to it? I need to remove some text in that PDF. TIA Karsten Karsten Wutzke wrote: > Hi all! > > I have a one-page PDF, which seems to be write protected. Is there a way > to make slight changes to it? I need to remove some text in that PDF. > > TIA > Karsten I could be wrong, but I don't believe you can unless you can remove the security. Karsten Wutzke wrote: > I have a one-page PDF, which seems to be write protected. Is there a way > to make slight c...

How to make ASCII text of scanned PDF image files searchable by Google
I am a professional writer, and have a number of published booklets, brochures, etc. scanned into Adobe Acrobat PDF format as images, including all of the original printed artwork. They are linked to from the resume and portfolio page of my business website at: http://www.joelrennie.com/resume.html The problem is that while Goolge and other search engines now index the contents of PDF files for web searches, these pages and their text are not searchable. Is there an easy way I can make the text of these files searchable? I could easy re-scan each of the documents with my OCR software to g...

How to convert this ps file to a pdf file w/ searchable text? (pkfix-helper: No Type 3 fonts were encountered in the input file)
I try to use pkfix-helper to fix the pdf and then run ps2pdf on it. But I get the following error. Could you please let me know if there is any other way to generate a searchable pdf file? $pkfix-helper 0375.ps Reading 0375.ps ... done. Number of Type 3 fonts encountered: 0 pkfix-helper: No Type 3 fonts were encountered in the input file On May 13, 10:45=A0pm, Peng Yu <pengyu...@gmail.com> wrote: > I try to use pkfix-helper to fix the pdf and then run ps2pdf on it. > But I get the following error. Could you please let me know if there > is any other way to generate a searchab...

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)

ANN: Fly Text to PDF