Removing of all Searchable Text Layer of a PDF

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,

Currently I was wondering whether there was a way to remove all text
from the layer underneath the scanned image (the searchable text layer)
of a PDF ???

Can anyone recommend any product that would do this (either as an
application or a dll that could be added to C# code) ???

Thank you in advance

0
Reply MrMBrundle (1) 9/12/2006 6:32:57 AM

See related articles to this posting

comp.text.pdf 5546 articles. 36 followers. Post

extract text layer from searchable pdf and merge with another pdf
Dear comp.text.pdfians I have a pdf (a searchable pdf consisting in book pages scans, then passed to ocr that has added a text layer hidden under images, so pdf is searchable) this pdf has jbig2 compression (it counts 135 pages in A5 format scanned at 300 dpi and its size is about 1928 KB) After ocrization, I noticed that scans have been degrated in quality, so I want extract text layer and merge this text layer with another copy of same pdf containing scans in high quality it is possible extract a text layer from a pdf and then merge with raster layer of another pdf? -- Puppy Linux...

scanned image pdf to searchable text pdf
We have a lot of pdf files that are just scanned images of documents. How easy is it to change these into pdf's that we can search for specific words. I believe Adobe Acrobat Capture will do this when the document is originally scanned, but can it use pdf's that have already been created. If it can, can this process be automated to convert 100s of pdf files? Are there other alternatives to Adobe Acrobat Capture as it is not cheap for a large number of documents? I am new to this, so please keep it simple. Thanks for any help. Adrian HI, As you indicated, your pdf's are ...

Adding text layer to PDF
I'm looking for a tool to programmatically add an invisible text layer to an existing PDF page. I have a multipage PDF file and for each page I also have a corresponding text representation (in a separate file per page). I need to write an application that add this text page to each of the PDF pages to create a searchable PDF file. Any suggestions ? Peter Peter Hemmingsen wrote: > I'm looking for a tool to programmatically add an invisible text layer to an > existing PDF page. > > I have a multipage PDF file and for each page I also have a corresponding > te...

Automatically Add URL to Searchable Text in PDF...
I'm looking for a Adobe Acrobat Plug-in that would allow me to automatically generate URL links based on paired value of Searchable Text and URL in a PDF file. Let's say that I have the following list (of 5000 items) in a CSV file: Part# URL ----- ---- SKU1 http://www.mydomainname.com/layout.asp?product_id=SKU1 SKU2 http://www.mydomainname.com/layout.asp?product_id=SKU2 SKU3 http://www.mydomainname.com/layout.asp?product_id=SKU3 .... I would like to be able the plug-in to read the list, then generate URL Link for every instance of part # with the ...

Edit (remove text in) write protected PDF
Hi all! I have a one-page PDF, which seems to be write protected. Is there a way to make slight changes to it? I need to remove some text in that PDF. TIA Karsten Karsten Wutzke wrote: > Hi all! > > I have a one-page PDF, which seems to be write protected. Is there a way > to make slight changes to it? I need to remove some text in that PDF. > > TIA > Karsten I could be wrong, but I don't believe you can unless you can remove the security. Karsten Wutzke wrote: > I have a one-page PDF, which seems to be write protected. Is there a way > to make slight c...

How to make ASCII text of scanned PDF image files searchable by Google
I am a professional writer, and have a number of published booklets, brochures, etc. scanned into Adobe Acrobat PDF format as images, including all of the original printed artwork. They are linked to from the resume and portfolio page of my business website at: http://www.joelrennie.com/resume.html The problem is that while Goolge and other search engines now index the contents of PDF files for web searches, these pages and their text are not searchable. Is there an easy way I can make the text of these files searchable? I could easy re-scan each of the documents with my OCR software to g...

How to convert this ps file to a pdf file w/ searchable text? (pkfix-helper: No Type 3 fonts were encountered in the input file)
I try to use pkfix-helper to fix the pdf and then run ps2pdf on it. But I get the following error. Could you please let me know if there is any other way to generate a searchable pdf file? $pkfix-helper 0375.ps Reading 0375.ps ... done. Number of Type 3 fonts encountered: 0 pkfix-helper: No Type 3 fonts were encountered in the input file On May 13, 10:45=A0pm, Peng Yu <pengyu...@gmail.com> wrote: > I try to use pkfix-helper to fix the pdf and then run ps2pdf on it. > But I get the following error. Could you please let me know if there > is any other way to generate a searchab...

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)

ANN: Fly Text to PDF

VeryPDF PDF Password Remover
For Immediate Release Remove the password from the Adobe PDF file Verypdf.com Inc. has released PDF Password Remover v2.0, a Windows 95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP program that makes it easy to remove both password encryption and all restrictions from Adobe Acrobat PDF files. The PDF Password Remover can be used to decrypt protected Adobe Acrobat PDF files, which have "owner" password set, preventing the file from editing, changing, printing, selecting text and graphics (and copying them into the Clipboard), or adding/changing annotations and form fields. Decryption is being done instantly...

non-searchable PDF, convert to TIFF, ocr back to searchable PDF
I have a non-searchable (because there's no encoding provided) PDF file from which I'd like to extract its text. Can I do the following convert the non-searchable PDF file to a TIFF file use OCR to convert the TIFF file to a searchable PDF ? If so, how effective is this method and what program(s) would you recommend for each step? There seem to be many that will convert from PDF to TIFF. I would think that Adobe Acrobat would be able to do this easily. Thanks, Ted On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 10:33:47 -0800, teds@intex.com ci disse: > convert the non-searchable PDF file to a TIFF ...

Image PDF to Searchable PDF
Hello, Is there any way to convert an image only PDF to a searchable PDF without going through a scanner? In other words, are there software that can do this task directly on the computer? Or, does using OCR software merely mean running the image PDF file through the software and produce a searchable PDF? What reliable softwares are available? Are there programs that run independently? That is, without needing full Acrobat or aome other adjunct software? Thanks, Guru gururajan20815@yahoo.com (Gururajan Ramachandran) wrote in message news:<f72691a.0311200601.27406ab7@posting.google.co...

Convert PDF image to PDF text
Hi, I have a PDF file with image text documents. hence I can't search the text. How can I convert it to searchable PDF file? Thanx You will have to scan it using an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) application and then create a PDF file. -- Don Vancouver, USA <WhiteLen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193737890.691267.165820@z9g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have a PDF file with image text documents. hence I can't search the > text. How can I convert it to searchable PDF file? > > Thanx > Any recommendation for OCR application? ...

how do you edit the text of an existing text layer?
I can move an existing text layer but I can not figure out how to edit the text of the text layer. If I highlight the text layer and click on the text tool, a new text window appear and creates a new text layer. Any ideas? 1. Select the text tool 2. select the text you want to edit 3. double klick that layer in the image window Voila! HTH, Frank 1. Select the text tool 2. select the text layer you want to edit 3. double klick that layer in the image window Voila! HTH, Frank "Fr@nk Stef@ni" <fs@despammed.com> wrote in message news:45AE4540.6080001@despammed.com......

convert text images in pdf to text
Hi, I have a pdf file where someone scanned in pages from a book and stored them as images in a pdf file which is 16 meg. Is there an easy way I can do some kind of OCR on this file to just get plain text from the images of text in the pdf? Using a standard pdf to txt converter won't work because the file contains images of text as it appears in the book. Thanks, Ben -- Cheap long distance calling using Onesuite (http://www.onesuite.com). 2.5 cents/min anywhere in the U.S., to Canada or the U.K. No monthly or connection fees! Use promotional code 038664643 for 20 free minutes. Tr...

Remove extraneous text in a text box
I get text in a text box that looks like this: Hello On computer COMPNAME the following happened: New File: C:\Folder1\Folder2\LockBox\Usr\ClientName\FileName.xls 7/25/2011 1:25:10 PM How do I remove everything except the folder path and file name? It's too much for me. C:\Folder1\Folder2\LockBox\Usr\ClientName\ = Foldername FileName.xls = Filename Bjarne "musicloverlch" skrev i meddelelsen news:3b273dd8-e1c7-43e9-84dc-2b9aee46ded6@e40g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... I get text in a text box that looks like this: Hello On computer COMPNAME the following happened: New File...

PDF image of text to readable text ?
Seems there are web based tools and software. My son needs text to have it read for him. He has a PC. Found PDF reader $50 , http://thurly.net/11ia and http://thurly.net/11i4 the last being google. Wondering what you folks found useful or use ? Thanks! -- Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden http://uppitywis.org/ live WI ...

Cannot edit text in existing text layer
Hi, I prefer to use PSP 8 for a number of things instead of Photoshop CS which I also use a lot. One of the things I think PSP does better is creating sharp, crisp text, yet with enough smoothness to it. Especially small sized text in Photoshop often has a certain blurry and unclear quality to it that I really dislike. However, what annoys the hell out of me is that you cannot edit the text once you have done something else. At least, I do not succeed in that. In Photoshop you just select the text layer to do whatever you want with it, but in Paintshop you can only change the layer properties...

Textures for layers and for applying to text on layers ??
Textures for layers and for applying to text on layers so that the text is 'overlayed' with a texture of image..... (correct language ?) Me and my son (13) are fair to medium skilled PS users. We have been unable to add new textures to the above function. Whenever we save new texture files (in PSD format) to the textures folder, it never shows up in the little box of textures in the Layer/Blending/Texture element window. How do I do this ? -- Howard Howard9 wrote: > Textures for layers and for applying to text on layers so that the text > is 'overlayed' wit...

Quark Layers --> PDF Layers
Hi Guys, I see that Acrobat 6 now supports layers. Does anyone know if its possible to export a PDF from Quark and have the resulting PDF maintain the Layers that were created in Quark? Thanks Warrick "Warrick FitzGerald" <nntp.wfitzgerald@crtman.com> wrote in news:pan.2003.12.11.00.34.37.696167@crtman.com: > Hi Guys, > > I see that Acrobat 6 now supports layers. Does anyone know if its > possible to export a PDF from Quark and have the resulting PDF > maintain the Layers that were created in Quark? It is not. "Warrick FitzGerald" <nntp.wfit...

Cannot edit text in existing text layer
Hi, I prefer to use PSP 8 for a number of things instead of Photoshop CS which I also use a lot. One of the things I think PSP does better is creating sharp, crisp text, yet with enough smoothness to it. Especially small sized text in Photoshop often has a certain blurry and unclear quality to it that I really dislike. However, what annoys the hell out of me is that you cannot edit the text once you have done something else. At least, I do not succeed in that. In Photoshop you just select the text layer to do whatever you want with it, but in Paintshop you can only change the layer properties...

Removing Text W/O Removing Background
I scanned a document with photos and text. I need to change some of the text but don't know how to with out cutting the whole background out. I tried to use the clone tool and spot healing brush but they don't seem to work. Part of the text has a white background and part of it has an image underneath it. How do I edit this text without changing the background? Thanks, Mick "mkaywood@stu.parkland.edu" <mkaywood@stu.parkland.edu> wrote in news:1142534318.563137.241780@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com: > I scanned a document with photos and text. I need to change som...

convert PDF images to PDF text (OCR)
Hi, I have a book which was entirely scanned into a PDF, there are approximately 300 pages. The problem is that each page is an image of the paper page, not selectable text. How can I convert this PDF made of images to a text-selectable PDF? Or directly convert it to Word? I suppose I'll need some form of OCR. Thanks in advance, Raphael Yes, since you have an image, you need to OCR it into data. You will not have much luck with any formating info, but most OCR programs today to a pretty good job if the image is fairly clean . Larry T. larrynospam@nospamjbmsystems.com wrote in message...

Layers change color when a layer is added or removed
I'm using MapObjects 2.2 in .Net. When I add or remove a layer at runtime, all of the other layers on the map change the color of their symbols to some random color. Sometimes two layers end up with the same color. How can I prevent this? ...