Setting default Zoom size

I'm using Acrobat 9.0 Pro.

I got a batch of files that are set to open at about 50%. I've tried
setting Edit > Preferences > Zoom but it doesnt make any differences.

It's only this one set of files. Is it something about the way they
were created? Is there some other setting I'm missing?

Dick Evans

0
infodex

infodex@mindspring.com wrote:

> I'm using Acrobat 9.0 Pro.
>
> I got a batch of files that are set to open at about 50%. I've tried
> setting Edit > Preferences > Zoom but it doesnt make any differences.
>
> It's only this one set of files. Is it something about the way they
> were created? Is there some other setting I'm missing?
>
> Dick Evans

There is!
When the files were created they were presumably set to open at a
particular magnification, irrespective of the settings on the viewer
software.

You need to use File > Properties > Magnification > Default
Then save the file.

In future the file will open at whatever default Zoom level is set
using the Preference settings that you mention.

You can, of course, set a particular magnification that you would
prefer rather than default. Your files presumably have 50% set at
present.

0
Andrew

Any way to set default text size to medium?
Dear everyone, Its my understanding that IE6 now uses a default text-size of "Small" rather than IE5's "Medium". Since I have used relative font-sizes (usually in ems) on all my sites, I am now getting reports of "your fonts are too tiny" from various users. Of course, the sites still look fine if those users set their text-size to medium, but face it -- most people don't even know thats an option. I was willing to sacrifice the users control and specify a base font size in the body tag (something like 14px), and then convert the rest of th...

[memoir class] How to set default text size in TABLE environment
Hello. The default font size for my tables is larger than the 10pt font size I have chosen for regular text in the document. Is there a way to make the table font size the same? [without having to make adjustments in each individual table]? Ed "edwardmroche@gmail.com" <edwardmroche@gmail.com> writes: >Hello. The default font size for my tables is larger than the 10pt font >size I have chosen for regular text in the document. Is there a way to >make the table font size the same? [without having to make adjustments >in each individual table]? not without seeing an...

[VW7.4] Text editor widget
In an ApplicationModel's #postBuildWith: method I do the following: ..... style := (w := self widgetAt: #mainTextBox) textStyle copy. fd := FontDescription new family: #( 'times*' '*'); serif: true; fixedWidth: false; pixelSize: 24. "doesn't work" (ca := VariableCharacterAttributes newWithDefaultAttributes) setDefaultQuery: fd. style setCharacterAttributes: ca. w textStyle: style in which #mainTextBox is the Text Editor's ID Message #pixelSize: doesn't alter the displayed text's size ...

PDF Converter Pro
Anyone know how I can change the default font color and style for text boxes in PDF Converter Professional 3.0? Thanks. ...

Setting Document Display Size for PDF Reader at time of PDF Creation
I use Adobe Acrobat and ScanSoft PDF Create to print documents to PDF. Some of my documents open with the view at 200%. Others open as a full page. I'd like them all to open as a full page. I haven't found an option in either program to make sure documents open as a full page in the Reader. Is there any way to control what the view defaults to in the Reader, or is this controlled solely by the Reader itself? Thanks If you are using Acrobat, File:Document Properties:Initial View lets you choose the settings to be used when viewing that document. "kimf85" <kfinleyson@g...

Setting for Zoom Text Only
Some browsers, (eg, Safari and Firefox on Snow Leopard on Macs), have what is called "Zoom Text Only" as a tactical option under (usually) the View menu. Is there any setting for an Ipad Air that can employ such a facility (saving the very great stupidity of having to so constantly horizontally scroll websites to even read single lines of text)? If not, it beggars belief that Apple missed this one. But I ask in case and in hope it is not so. -- dorayme "dorayme" <do_ray_me@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:do_ray_me-DE8FB0.19515803092014@a...

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)

Default Setting: Zoom
Q: On the zoom - in and out tool, the default is to not resize the window. Can that be changed to resize the window by default without hacking the source code and re-compiling? John Kiehn pastorJohn email is absolutely fake, please reply here. I will read and reply. Reasons available on request. pastorJohn <fake@spambuster.ca> wrote: > Q: On the zoom - in and out tool, the default is to not resize the > window. Can that be changed to resize the window by default without > hacking the source code and re-compiling? > 1. Double-click Zoom tool in Toolbox. Check "A...

How to Set default Font Size
When I bring up Emacs, a window pops up split in two; the top portion is the file I'm editing, while the bottom portion says: Welcome to GNU Emacs, one component of the GNU operating system. Emacs Tutorial Learn basic keystroke commands Emacs Guided Tour Overview of Emacs features at gnu.org View Emacs Manual View the Emacs manual using Info Absence of Warranty GNU Emacs comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY Copying Conditions Conditions for redistributing and changing Emacs Ordering Manuals Purchasing printed copies of ...

How To Set Default PDF viewer
In OSX, Acrobat Reader has a check box that asks if you'd like o set Acrobat as the default viewr for all PDFs. I set that, now I want ot unset it and use Preview - anyone know where this is set? I've looked in System Prefs, Acrobat Prefs, Preview Prefs Thanks Lou In article <ypq2adairww0.fsf@sdf.lonestar.org>, Lou Lesko <lou@NOSPAMlouislesko.com> wrote: > In OSX, Acrobat Reader has a check box that asks if you'd like o set > Acrobat as the default viewr for all PDFs. I set that, now I want ot unset > it and use Preview - anyone know where this is set? &...

Setting default paper size
I have an Epson N asX625 and the default paper size is A4. Every time I print I have to remember to change the size to letter because the printer reverts to A4 after every printing. It's no big deal but rather annoying. Can anyone please help me set letter [8.5 x 11] as the default paper size? Thanks in advance for all assistance. --- Tony Vella Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. On 8/11/2011 12:47 PM, Tony Vella wrote: > I have an Epson N asX625 and the default paper size is A4. Every time I > print I have to remember to change the size to letter because the > printer...

Browser text size setting
How to I find out what size text the browser is set to? Thanks in anticipation. Roger Withnell wrote: > How to I find out what size text the browser is set to? var textSize = prompt("Please enter your browser's text size"); Ha ha... :-) The concept of 'text size' is different in different browsers. IE uses largest, larger, smaller, etc. with a base 'size' based on system settings. Firefox has a base font size in pts and then adjusts from there (and system settings have an effect on it too). Other browsers likely have other methods, e.g. IE 7 Op...

Setting text with PDF::API2
I'm using the paragraph-function to fill text into a given box. For most of the lines it works reasonably well, but sometimes, especially when encountering long words (which are very common in german) paragraph fails to word-wrap. The result are lines which extend beyond the given box. Is this a bug in paragraph, a feature oder am I just too stupid to use it correctly? Another question: what is the reference point for $txt->translate? The left side of the baseline of the character or the upper left corner or ...? TIA, Oliver Oliver 'ojo' Bedford wrote: > ...

ANN: Fly Text to PDF

Web resources about - Setting default Zoom size - comp.text.pdf

Help:Contents/Account settings and maintenance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Campaign setting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A campaign setting is usually a fictional world which serves as a setting for a role-playing game or wargame campaign. A campaign is a series ...

Privacy Setting For New Facebook Users Aged 13-17 Now Defaults To ‘Friends’
Facebook is changing the initial default privacy setting for users aged 13 through 17 to friends, from friends of friends, but those teen users ...

Facebook changes default privacy settings for new users to friends-only
Facebook announced today a shift in privacy settings for new users. Now, when someone signs up for a profile, their default posting status is ...

Bridie O'Donnell emotional after setting world hour record
An emotional Bridie O'Donnell rates cycling's world hour record as the best achievement of her life. She reached 46.882km, breaking the 46.273km ...

Bob Oatley: Setting his own course
He owns three Bentleys, four homes, a tropical island paradise and a super-maxi yacht. But, whatever you do, don't go calling wine magnate Bob ...

Turkey setting ‘poor example’ for freedom of expression: Biden
Turkey setting ‘poor example’ for freedom of expression: Biden

Schadenfreude Open Thread: Jeb Now Setting Fire to Big Stacks of Cash
Jeb! Super PAC mailing out New Hampshire voters mini DVD players with charging cable and documentary. pic.twitter.com/Qez5B5ZRxD — sean (@SeanMcElwee) ...

Investors dumped record-setting amounts of cash into startups in 2015, but it's all starting to slow ...
2015 was a banner year for venture capital: investors poured $128.5 billion into ventures, and 71 startups became billion-dollar companies. ...

What Matters Is the Decision-Making Setting
... Rather, our skepticism of allowing democratically made collective “choices” to supersede choices made privately in private-property settings ...