split one pdf file into multiple pdf files

Hi
I am in urgent need of code for spliting one pdf file into
multiple pdf files based on a particular condition.
An guidance going about writing code for this problem would be
really helpful.

Thanks,
Suparana

What are the particular conditions you need for splitting.  There are a
number of third party solutions, but most will split on page or file names.
If you had the source of the PDF files, I could show you how my OctoTools
could produce the output already split, on just about ANY criteria, but
doing it with existing pdf's could be tricky. Another way to approach your
problem is to parse the info (text) then create different output documents
and then create PDFs of those.  You won't preserve formatting but possibly
you could add it in prior to recreated new PDFs.  I know, it's a bit messy.
 Call or e-mail me with additional details including number of documents,
sizes and so on and I can discuss additional solutions (not necessarily
using my software).    Good luck,

Larry T.  978 535-7676    larry"at"jbmsystems"dot"com
0
larrynospam
7/19/2005 3:49:18 PM
If your condition is something unique to a page (ie Page 1), I have a
program that might help. It doesn't parse pdf files, but it can search
through DSC compliant postscript files, and create a new file every time it
sees a particular text string
"lisha" <Suparana.Bhalla@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I am in urgent need of code for spliting one pdf file into
> multiple pdf files based on a particular condition.
> An guidance going about writing code for this problem would be
> really helpful.
>
> Thanks,
> Suparana

0
Dan
7/20/2005 2:37:40 AM
> I am in urgent need of code for spliting one pdf file into
> multiple pdf files based on a particular condition.

iText (Java)     : http://www.lowagie.com/iText/
iTextSharp (NET) : http://sourceforge.net/projects/itextsharp/

0
fhtino
7/20/2005 9:31:50 AM
> I am in urgent need of code for spliting one pdf file into
> multiple pdf files based on a particular condition.

PDF Meld

http://www.fytek.com/products.php?pg=pdfmeld

Mike Bernardo
FyTek, Inc.
http://www.fytek.com
Phone: 248-471-0851
sales@fytek.com

0
FyTek
7/21/2005 11:58:25 PM
>> I am in urgent need of code for spliting one pdf file into
>> multiple pdf files based on a particular condition.

>iText (Java)     : http://www.lowagie.com/iText/

I just wrote an iText script (in Jython) to split a PDF file
into other files based on page sizes.
	http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.postscript/msg/36fb536472c6193b?dmode=print&hl=en
I was pleased with how easy it was to do it.  It should be
easy to modify the code to split based on another condition.

--kyler
0
Kyler