Substitute fonts in existing PDF file

I've got a PDF file on my hands, that uses Type 3 fonts. Rendering this
document takes a heavy toll on any viewer that I've tried. Is there a way
to substitute all occurences of these fonts with equivalent say Type 1
fonts? I don't have the original sources for this document, so I can't
regenerate it.

Thanks in advance.

Igor
0
Igor
1/24/2004 3:32:31 AM
comp.text.pdf 5594 articles. 0 followers. ramon (1518) is leader. Post Follow

PDF PDF PDF
For anyone struggling to figure out how to create a PDF in SWX it's pretty simple but you may have to have the Bluebeam version of swx FIRST go to Tools>Options and check "Save as PDF" Then you can save them right from the save as dialog. Maybe I'm the only dumbass that could't figure that out! ;0) But it was in help under "PDF" An easier way is to download a program from www.pdf995.com that "prints" you files to a PDF foramat. This program works with SW and any other program you use to print with. "3d" <jmiller at marvelindustri...

ANN: Fly Text to PDF

A PDF into a FM file then save as pdf... how to have alll the pages of the included pdf file
FM 7.2 We can import a complete PDF file as an object into a framemaker file. Then when we try to generate a pdf from this framemaker file, we have only the firts page of the pdf imported. Is there a method to import a pdf file and force FM to generate a pdf file with save as... with the complete pdf file inserted into the padf ? > We can import a complete PDF file as an object into a framemaker file. Then > when we try to generate a pdf from this framemaker file, we have only the > firts page of the pdf imported. > > Is there a method to import a pdf file...

How to convert this ps file to a pdf file w/ searchable text? (pkfix-helper: No Type 3 fonts were encountered in the input file)
I try to use pkfix-helper to fix the pdf and then run ps2pdf on it. But I get the following error. Could you please let me know if there is any other way to generate a searchable pdf file? $pkfix-helper 0375.ps Reading 0375.ps ... done. Number of Type 3 fonts encountered: 0 pkfix-helper: No Type 3 fonts were encountered in the input file On May 13, 10:45=A0pm, Peng Yu <pengyu...@gmail.com> wrote: > I try to use pkfix-helper to fix the pdf and then run ps2pdf on it. > But I get the following error. Could you please let me know if there > is any other way to generate a searchab...

pdf::writer
Sorry to ask here, I could not figure it out from Google chasing. Can it do other operations on PDF files e.g. delete pages, insert pages, etc.? Thanks. On 11/2/05, itsme213 <itsme213@hotmail.com> wrote: > Sorry to ask here, I could not figure it out from Google chasing. > > Can it do other operations on PDF files e.g. delete pages, insert pages, > etc.? No. Sometime next year. -austin -- Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com * Alternate: austin@halostatue.ca ...

PDF::API2
Hello All, I am new to PDF files so I don't really know if what I want to do is possible and how to use the PDF::API2 modules. I need to extract information from columns in a table ( I assume that PDF does not know anything about tables). What I was thinking of doing was finding the horizontal location of the header (I know what it should be), then extract all text that starts at that location. I have played around with the PDF::API2 module and read the 'Using PDF::API2 - The code' help page, however it doesn't show me how to extract information from an exi...

PDF::Writer, create pdf and insert in other pdf file.
Hi folks(wharever it mean my english is so bad...) the following code create a PDF: #!/usr/bin/ruby require 'pdf/writer' pdf = PDF::Writer.new pdf.text "Hello Matz", :font_size => 22 pdf.save_as "novo.pdf" ######################################## now I wanna save this pdf as a last page of a existing pdf. any tips? -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Ricardo Pog <ricardo85x@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi folks(wharever it mean my english is so bad...) > > > the following code create a PDF: > >...

PDF::API2
Hello All, I am new to PDF files so I don't really know if what I want to do is possible and how to use the PDF::API2 modules. I need to extract information from columns in a table ( I assume that PDF does not know anything about tables). What I was thinking of doing was finding the horizontal location of the header (I know what it should be), then extract all text that starts at that location. I have played around with the PDF::API2 module and read the 'Using PDF::API2 - The code' help page, however it doesn't show me how to extract information from an existing file. ...

Merge pdf files into one pdf file
Hi I am looking for a script that can automatically merge a serie of 'pdf' files into one 'pdf' file. I know about the "Insert pdf file" option in adobe, but I have about 30 'pdf' files, and need a more automatic solution. Today I am merging several "ps" files into one "pdf" file by using the script below. Is there a similar script for pdf files. Any software that solves this? Any help is appreciated! Gisle Rong Script: %! % PostScript program for distilling and combining multiple PostScript files. % When embedding font subsets, it is ...

Font Substitution when printing pdf files
We print client-supplied pdf files, and have problems with missing fonts. The clients are not very knowledgeable nor particular, and they do not always embed their fonts. When they view or print them (using File:Print), Acrobat substitutes the default Acrobat Serif or Sans Serif font. Clients either can't tell the difference, or don't care. However, when we send these files on our genuine Adobe PS3 production printers, the jobs fail with a "font not found" message. Our site policy, as is the general practice, is to fail jobs when the required font is not available. ...

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)

pdf file to text file ??
Hi....... All I am working on VC++ 6.0. In my application, I need to convert PDF file to text (ASCII) file format. Can I achieve this task without using PDF SDK. Is there any commandline EXE available that can perform such task.. Thanks in Advance. Kireet Gajera kireetgajera@gmail.com wrote: > I am working on VC++ 6.0. > > In my application, I need to convert PDF file to text (ASCII) file > format. > > Can I achieve this task without using PDF SDK. Yes. > Is there any commandline EXE available that can perform such task.. pdftotext in the xpdf package. Have a...

PDF::Create (or alike) to create watermark for existing pdf file?
Dear perl-ists: I tried out PDF::Create 0.01 (from cpan), and it is great. kudos, fabian. creates wonderful, clean, small valid pdf output. my only complaint is that its numbering system. on cpan, it seems to be 0.01 ever since 1999? ;-) alas, my need is slightly more complex. I need to underlay an already existing pdf file that was created by pdftex with a page that I can now create with PDF::Create (or some other program). that is, the latter should become the background ("watermark") for the former. to re-pdftex the former would simply take too long, so a personalized ...

PDF TO PDF/A
Hello, is it possible to convert a PDF file to PDFA file ? i tried the -dPDFA option and i vefy my pdf file with PDF longlife. I have an error. Thanks for help. ...

Web resources about - Substitute fonts in existing PDF file - comp.text.pdf

Substitute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I reject your reality and substitute my own. - YouTube
Adam Savage from Mythbusters. His semi-famous quote: "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

The powdery power of Soylent meal substitute
Inspired by sci-fi, Soylent meal substitute is designed to save time, hassle and the planet - but can an avowed foodie survive a week of it? ...

Porn becoming substitute for sex education
With the younger generation's growing access to the internet, it probably comes as no surprise that many children are viewing pornography.

Give us our daily bread - not a poor substitute
In the 1980s I worked at a little deli in an old arcade in Epping. It was one of those places unchanged since the '40s: old tiles, wonky fuse ...

No substitute for Wooster sauce
Faulks' Jeeves and the Wedding Bells is in part very funny and mostly well told.

Naked and psychotic: legal cocaine substitute offers a deadly high
Naked and psychotic: legal cocaine substitute offers a deadly high

AFL scraps substitute rule and reduces interchanges
The AFL has made the long-anticipated decision to scrap its contentious substitute rule.

Ont. school board bans peanut butter substitute
The Thames Valley school board is taking some heat for banning peanut butter substitutes from its schools.

Should journalists refuse emailed statements as substitute interviews with politicians?
Feature 1 Journalists are fed up with canned talking points in response to questions, but are they better than nothing? Should journalists push ...