Substitute fonts in existing PDF file

I've got a PDF file on my hands, that uses Type 3 fonts. Rendering this
document takes a heavy toll on any viewer that I've tried. Is there a way
to substitute all occurences of these fonts with equivalent say Type 1
fonts? I don't have the original sources for this document, so I can't
regenerate it.

Thanks in advance.

Igor
0
Igor
1/24/2004 3:32:31 AM
comp.text.pdf 5581 articles. 36 followers. ramon (1518) is leader. Post Follow

make file doubt
I have a make file. and some commands with it. I want to pass a variable argument (like a file name). And use that argument in my Makefile. How can i do it. My Makefile is somewhat like this dve: dve -vpd vcdplus.vpd clean: rm -rf csrc log So if I do make dve its corresponding command will be executed. But I want an variable argument to be passed and used in the Makefile. Please help me. Thanks, Vittal "vittal" <vittal.patil@gmail.com> wrote: > >I have a make file. and some commands with it. >I want to pass a variable argument (like...

substitution when setting a list
Thank you to all who responded to my previous post, that worked very well. I have one additional problem, though. Now I'm trying to do substitution when setting the list within the array. Basically, this is all I'm trying to do set a 1 set b 2 set value "value" set array1 "array_first" array set ${array1} [ list {$a,$b} {$value}] In order to make the substitution work, I've tried to force substituion by replacing the variables in the list elements with: [$a] {$a} "$a" and borrowing from my last problem: ${a} None of these are working. You help is, ...

jsp include file
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3B1EE.B892D830 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, It's possible to include two jsp?? <%@ include file =3D " filename1.jsp" %> TIA ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3B1EE.B892D830 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3...

linux + unicode console font
Hallo, it seems, as if this fonts in a command-shell are broken, and it seems to be an error in qt 3.2.3. Can anyone confirm that? I get same error with kde 3.1.3 and kde 3.2beta when using qt 3.2, but using my kde 3.1.3 with qt3.1 all works ok. Chris ...

How to efficiently transfer files from Sony DCR-PC109 to PC
The only way I know to transfer files from a Sony DCR - PC109 to PC is to a connect a USB cable to the USB port on the cradle the camera sits in, and connect the other end to the PC. Then set the camera to USB Streaming mode. Go to Windows Movie Maker and use the Import function. The problem is if the tape has 90 minutes of content it takes 90 minutes to transfer the tape's contents to the PC. Isn't there a faster way?:confused: "KCav" <KCav.2ybkqb@no.email.invalid> wrote in message news:KCav.2ybkqb@no.email.invalid... > The problem is if the tape has 90 mi...

Font 'Adamas'
Hello, I'm looking for a font that is similar to the font 'Adamas'. The font 'Adamas' is exclusively owned by a publisher and I haven't found anything about this font. Regards Patrick Gr��e aus Mannheim Patrick "Patrick Fiala" <Patrick.Fiala@web.de> wrote in message news:9cms61hs6djsuvmn777ij63mvsdojegf8u@4ax.com... > Hello, > > I'm looking for a font that is similar to the font 'Adamas'. The font > 'Adamas' is exclusively owned by a publisher and I haven't found > anything about this font. > > Regards &...

figure font
Hi, I apologize if this is a dumb question - I would like to set the font size for the legend and axes of a figure. How do I do this? Thank you Misha Not a dumb queston. simplest way i got this to work... Example C = magic(6) axes('Fontsize',14) hold on contour(C) The legend uses the same properties as the axis. Definitely not the best way but it works, I hope this helps some. "Misha Koshelev" <mk144210@bcm.edu> wrote in message <h0ub62$l0p$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi, I apologize if this is a dumb question - I would like to set the font size for the leg...

Create font with equal characters width in microstation
HI, I am trying to Create font with equal character width in microstation/J . If anybody having Idea plz share with me.Thanks Regards, N.T.Mariappan ...

awk substitute
Hello, I am trying to filter some logs from sshd daemon. ~$ grep "Failed password" /var/log/authlog |tail -5 |awk '{print $1,$2,$3,$9,$10,$11,$12,$13}' Aug 12 23:28:53 invalid user user from 80.74.149.39 Aug 12 23:28:54 invalid user root from 80.74.149.39 Aug 12 23:28:55 invalid user root from 80.74.149.39 Aug 12 23:28:56 invalid user root from 80.74.149.39 Aug 12 23:28:57 invalid user test from 80.74.149.39 ~$ How can I substitute $13 ( the ip address ) with command "host $13" I would like to see the full domain name not the ip address ... Thank you Jan Burdil ...

JAR Creation via Ant (Adding Individual Files)

I would like to include a customized true type font with my tclkit or starkit distribution which would be loaded by the program. (The font contains various music symbols.) Is there a way of loading the font without having to installing it in the host system? It would be preferable, if the font file could be read from any folder. ...

Problem reading random access file
Hi all. I am trying to develop a program that will shutdown a group of computers attached to a network using using a java application. I am writing the room numbers and the number of computers per a room within a random access file which the program will then read back in. I have managed to get it to read the first two numbers of the file but then then next number is a number that is not in the fie. Below is the code that I am using: public void readData() { byte by = 2; try { File f = new File("Class Room Details.rsh"); RandomAccessFile r...

Internet File Downloading
Hello, I am a beginner/intermediate c++ coder. I have a program that I am writing and would like to be able to distribute to some of my friends. The problem with this is that the data files required by it are rather large, and most of them have email accounts with filesize limits. What I want to do is upload the files they'll need to my webpage and then have the program itself check to see if the files are present in the directories (I know how to do this part) and if they aren't found, then connect to my homepage and download the files. So basically, the code flow will go like this...

read xml file from compressed file using gzip
I was working at creating a simple program that would read the content of a playlist file( in this case *.k3b") and write it out . the compressed "*.k3b" file has two file and the one I was trying to read was maindata.xml . I cannot however seem to use the gzip module correctly. Have tried the program 2 ways for no success, any ideas would be appreciated. Attempt 1 #!/usr/bin/python import os import gzip playlist_file = open('/home/flebber/oddalt.k3b') class GzipFile([playlist_file[decompress[9, 'rb']]]); os.system(open("/home/flebber/tmp/maindata.xml&qu...

Help
Hi, Could some one please tell me how to get a snapshot of a Linux system? The snapshot should include all file names, sizes, ownerships, accesses control bits, directories, etc. Regards, BJ -- lx282828@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > Could some one please tell me how to get a snapshot of a Linux > system? The snapshot should include all file names, sizes, > ownerships, accesses control bits, directories, etc. > > Regards, > BJ Easy. Just boot your own system, and have a look You *do* have a linux system, right? And what is your excuse to not even be able to boot ...

Files getting clobbered when I run out of disk space
There was some disk space issues with my server. As a result any script I had that opened a file for writing would clobber it i.e truncate it to zero length . Since there was no space left on device, nothing would be written to it. Are there any workarounds to this? Here is some code I came up, but it is untested as I currently have disk space on my account: ///////////////////////////// function check_disk_space() { global $home_dir; $fp = fopen( "$home_dir/cgi-bin/scripts/check_disk_space" , "w" ); fwrite ($fp, 'hello world' ) || die_sub ( &#...

Export Quark file as PDF
Hi, When I try to export Quark file as PDF, I got error message like "Can't export as pdf" in Window XP, Quark 6. Please let me know, if you have any suggestions. Thanks. ...

Scheduled image substitution
Hello... I have a website that hosts a java chat room nightly. I'd like to have a graphic on the main page that toggles between 2 images - one advertising the time of the chat, and another that appears during the time the chat is actually in session inviting visitors to the web site to join the chat. Any idea how I might do this in Javascript to schedule the imgage substitution using a general meridian time function? Thanks for your suggestions! google@ghosthounds.com wrote: > Hello... > > I have a website that hosts a java chat room nightly. I'd like to have > a gra...

Comparing two files 344665
Hi folks, I have two files, one with 1000 lines and another with 600 lines and both files have the user login ID's and the first file has an extra of 400 user id's that I need to find. Here is the script I have written: ------------------------------------ open (INPUT1,"fullFile.txt") or die "Cannot open the file: $!"; open (INPUT2,"comapreFile.txt") or die "Cannot open the file: $!"; @array1 = <INPUT1>; @array2 = <INPUT2>; foreach $word (@array2) { if(!grep /$word/i, @array1) { print "$_\n"; } } --...

Strange font behaviour of xeCJK
Dear All, Winterly greetings. I encounter a strange problem in selecting fonts with the xeCJK package. The following minimal file \documentclass{article} \usepackage{xltxtra} \usepackage{xeCJK} \setCJKmainfont{DFSongStd} \newfontface\usongfont{ZYSong18030} \newfontface\msongfont{IPAMincho} \begin{document} U+8708 % enter this character here, it did not make it into my usenet reader \usongfont U+8708 % enter this character here, it did not make it into my usenet reader \msongfont U+8708 % enter this character here, it did not make it into my usenet reader \end{document...

VB6 help- using VB5 files
Sorry for being such a newbie in this respect, but here's my question: I have Visual Studio, with VB6 ent., with msdn help installed. Is there any way to downgrade to just using the VB5 help, on the VB6 app? I too am not on board with "more help than you ever imagined, or wanted" approach, and don't like msdn. I read dozens of postings last night, with so many people remarking the msdn help format is too distracting and unhelpful. I really like the old quick at-your-fingertips brief help, and quick loading format. I may have the VB5 disks (must check); or is it possible...

Reading From a file into a cell array
I want to read the following file: Additional information Don't care about it Data start after the following line ### blabla: useless information Name PMT1 PMT2 Load Speed Add1 Add2 %titles --- mV mV % rpm anything anything M1 500 600 30 1600 100 200 M2 500 600 30 1600 100 200 M3 600 750 30 1600 100 200 M4 600 780 30 1600 100 200 M5 800 800 30 1600 100 200 M51 700 800 30 1600 100 200 I want to read the above data (from the line "Name PMT1 PMT2 Load Speed Add1 Add2" and the rest) into a cell ...

default font list
Can anyone please tell me the list of true type fonts which comes in HP LaserJet 2200? Thanks, Rui ...

specifying the bitdepth and color map of a bmp file in imwrite
I am running into two issues trying to read and write bmp images. My images are grayscale 24bit BMPs exported from photoshop. first I read the file [I,map] = imread(filename,'bmp'); it runs without error but map is an empty matrix. This creates an error with imwrite if I use imwrite(I, map, newfilename,'bmp'); I can circumvent the error by map = gray(256); But than I cannot find how to make the new file be a 24bit and not 8bit BMP. As far as I could see in the help files, there is no 'bitdepth' paramater for bmp files. Thanks, Leon Leon wr...

0kb .dmg file on usb portable drive
Hi everyone, I got some strange issues. I've got a .dmg file for Snow Leopard on a USB portable device. When I browse it on my Macbook I can see the icon of the .dmg file, but it says the volume is zero kb (?), and the type is *Alias*. If I use cmd+i to check the info, the icon just disappers. When I browse the directory again, the .dmg would appear again. I plug the USB disk to my Windows desktop, it says that the file is 6.5GB (no problem). So can anybody shed some lights on this? How can I mount the .dmg on my Mac and install SL? The file system of the USB disk is NTFS, if thi...