Hello,

I am fairly new to JavaScript and its use in Acrobat Professional.

My situation is this:

I have a form with a text box field which is required for the user to
enter his/her name. I would like the required text box to display the
name in all caps. I also need the user's name to appear in a read-only
text box later in the form, which I would like to have the first letter
of the user's first, middle initial, and last names to be capitalized.
I would also like to have all required fields on the form highlighted
in yellow, but the highlighting not printed. Lastly, I would like the
printing to not occur if some or all of the required fields are not
completed and for the non-completed fields to be highlighted in red
until printing.

What I am mostly struggling with is getting the text from the required
text box to the read-only text box (with or without modification of
capitalization). This seems like it should be simple.

Anyway, any help in pointing me in the right direction or submission of
code which could accomplish my above desires would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,

edsager

0
edsager (2)

text + text
What is "text + text" supposed to do right now? It doesn't seem very useful to me. What about making "text + text" as an equivalent for "text || text"? Most strongly-typed programming languages do this. And MS SQL Server too, I think (CMIIW). -- dave ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 1: subscribe and unsubscribe commands go to majordomo@postgresql.org Am Freitag, 8. Oktober 2004 12:57 schrieb David Garamond: > What is "text + text" supposed to do right now? Nothing. > What a...

Adding Combo Box Text To A Text Box
I have a combo box and a text box on a form. When I choose a value from the combo box, I want it to be added to the textbox. I'm able to do this by using the following code when I click the combo box: Me!Textbox = Me!TextBox & Me!ComboBox I now need the additional combo box items to be added on a new line in the text box each time I click the combo box. I've tried using Sendkeys "^{Enter} but I'm not achieving the desired result. I know this is probably very simple, but I'm just not seeing it. Any help is appreciated. This will do it: Private Sub ComboBox_Aft...

text-text

text box dependent on other text box entry
I want to have a form with 40 PartNumber text boxes, 40 PartDescription text boxes, and 40 PartPrice text boxes. The name of each would vary of course, but I want to be able to enter the part number in the PartNumber in the PartNumber text box for each replaced part. After the number has been entered the PartDescription and the PartPrice should show up in the other respective text boxes. I will be linking to a table that includes 3 columns labeled PartNumber, PartDescription, and PartPrice. For instance, if I enter "12345" in the PartNumber text box then the description of the pa...

Show Text box on Top of another Text Box
Hi, I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain conditions are m= et it display either Green or Red. I want to put another text box on top of= it (this text box is smaller than the "conditional formating" text box) an= d have the the text in this text box displayed. Basically I want the condit= ional text box to form a colour border around the displayed text. How do I do that? Thanks, Barry On Apr 1, 11:18=A0am, Barry Edmund Wright <barry.edmund.wri...@witstoronto.ca> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain condi...

Highlighy text in Text Box
Using an InputBox, there is the option to *suggest* text (Default). It appears highlighted and can be accepted or replaced by the user. I am attempting to create my own input form which has one Text Box, one command button (cmdAccept ) and a simple label to tell the user to make an entry. What I cannot do is to mimic that suggested default input string. Can someone show me how to do it? The following code is from a test program with two forms. '#### this is on FrmMain Private Sub Option1_Click() ' Other Event selected - 14 character maximum With FrmBGOther ...

Highlight text in text box
I want to highlight any existing text, in a text box, when I click on it, like when I Tab into the text box. I can't find anything in the help. Any help is appreciated ShyGuy You can use selstart and sellength properties of a textbox in order to select any existing text. In order to select the whole text of textbox01, use, me.textbox01.selstart=0 me.textbox01.sellength=len(nz(me.textbox01)) Regards, Ramesh ShyGuy <shyguy@shytown.com> wrote in message news:<44nhi0d9qnsvdru1lu5l0d3ncuvuqsi39p@4ax.com>... > I want to highlight any existing text, in a text...

Fit text in a Text Box
Hello friends, I have a curious doubt, imagine I have a text box, and inside, a text that I dont know the lenght. Depending on the box's size and letter's size, I can fit the box. But the box's size is fixed, so I just can modify the size's letter. How can I be right with letter's size, if I dont know the lenght of string (text)? Is there any simple function for this case? Thanks in advance, greetings. Pedro Moreno On 10-08-31 04:25 PM, pedro moreno wrote: > I have a curious doubt, imagine I have a text box, and inside, a text > that I dont know the lenght. Depe...

Selecting text in a text box
When I attempt to select text in a text box, the text from the cursor position to the end of the text is instantly selected as soon as I click the mouse down. There seems to be no way to select just a small portion of the text in a text box. This seems pretty basic. What am I missing? I'm using Access 97 on an XP system. Steve Richfield First, (I don't remember if this is an option in 97) check Tools|Options|Keyboard tab, Behavior Entering Field. This setting will adjust the behavior for all forms and controls. Next, you would need to click at the start of the area you want to hi...

PDF Converter Pro
Anyone know how I can change the default font color and style for text boxes in PDF Converter Professional 3.0? Thanks. ...

populate text box when user enters data in another text box
hi, I'm very new to Access and have been searching newsgroups for a few days but can't find exactly what I need. I want to be able to do the following: * user enters patient's hospital number * after pressing enter, a function fires that looks up the patient name & surname corresponding to the hospital number just entered (in the "patients" table) * if the hospital number exists in the patients table then name & surname are filled in in two read-only text boxes * if the hospital number does not exist in the patients table then user is prompted to enter details for...

Displaying text in a text box depending on selection made in list box on same form
Hi I have an unbound text box on a form from which the user can choose a product. When the user chooses a product, I want the text box on the same form to display the description of that product. right now I can get it to display the row number of the product that corresponds to what the user clicked but not the value of the Product Description which is what I want. The fields in the tables are both text. here is the code: Private Sub LstContactProducts_AfterUpdate() txtProductDescription.SetFocus txtProductDescription.Text = LstContactProducts.Column(2,txtProductDescription) End Sub Thanks...

Formatting text in edit text box
I would like to be able to format certain words of a paragraph i.e. change color and make bold etc. The edit text box appears to only allow plain text. Is it possible to do this, perhaps with another type of object using ActiveX. Is it possible to embed HTML within GUIDE? Any guidance would be appreciated Many thanks Nathan Jefferson Nathan Jefferson wrote: > > > I would like to be able to format certain words of a paragraph i.e. > change color and make bold etc. The edit text box appears to only > allow plain text. Is it possible to do this, perhaps with another > type of...

Deselecting text in input text box
I have a text input box and I don't want the text to be selected either when the user tabs to the item or if the user clicks on it. Now the function below which I found from 2002 in the archive works fine for IE 6 but it works in neither Netscape 7 nor Firefox 1.0. I'm hoping some of you might have an alternative suggestion or insight for Netscape and Firefox. Code that works in IE6: function clearSelection () { if (document.selection) document.selection.empty(); else if (window.getSelection) window.getSelection().removeAllRanges(); } <input type="text" name=...

Web resources about - Text from required text box to read-only text box - comp.text.pdf

Read-Only Memory
Read-Only Memory publishes high-quality books and articles that document defining moments in videogame history.

Read-only memory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Read-only memory ( ROM ) is a class of storage medium used in computers and other electronic devices. Data stored in ROM cannot be modified, ...

Read-Only Memory (@romalerts) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Read-Only Memory @ romalerts ...

Read Only Memories - Announcement Trailer - PS4 and PS Vita - YouTube
Coming Soon to PS4 and PS Vita http://readonlymemori.es Midboss is excited to announce that we're bringing the world of Neo-San Francisco to ...

Dropbox for Business folders can now be shared in read-only mode
Users of Dropbox for Business will now be able to share folders with colleagues without necessarily giving them rights to edit their content. ...

Hands-on with the Google Drive for iOS app: mostly read only
Google Drive on the iPhone. Sean Gallagher At Google's IO conference in San Francisco today, the company released a Google Drive app for Apple ...

President Obama Does Reddit AMA, Reddit Promptly Goes Into Read-Only Mode Due to Heavy Traffic
... We got a "Reddit is under heavy load right now" error page several times while trying to read the AMA, and eventually got through, but only ...

"It’s almost always a mistake to read only a first-rate writer’s masterpieces."
"A great deal of Fussell’s best, most perceptive and, frankly, most hilarious work arrived in books like 'Class: A Guide Through the American ...

Only Read This Post If You're On Your Phone
Close one eye and tilt your phone so you're looking from the charger hole. Whooaaaaaaaaa.

Only read the Facebook statuses you want to read
iPhone app Jildy says it can give users a convenient 60-second overview filtering out the statuses you won't care about.