text opens as pdf

On an older desktop using Win98se and IE5.5 it insists upong opening
online text documents as if they are PDF documents.  Naturally Acrobat
gives an error saying the file is not a PDF file.  Upgrading to
Acrobat 6.0 has made no difference.  In Internet Explorer I haven't
found any place where I can force it to open plain text files in
Editpad, my default plain text program.  When using Windows Explorer
it shows text files properly and opens them in Editpad like it's
supposed to, the attempt to open them as PDF documents occurs only in
Internet Explorer.  I'm pretty sure the problem lies in IE rather than
in Acrobat but am not sure so I'm open to suggestions.

dns

0
dns