TIF to PDF conversion results in blank doc

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi there,

I am developing a utility that programmatically converts a Group 3
tiff image (CCITTFaxDecode) into a PDF document.  All I am doing is
extracting the stream of data from the tif file and placing it between
the relevant 'stream' 'endstream' PDF tags, and then filling in the
blanks, by creating the cross reference, header, trailer, page
objects, etc.

The PDF document produced by my code appears to look correct.  The
header info. trailer, cross reference, etc. are all in place, and the
byte offsets and indirect object references are all correct (as far as
I can tell!).  However, when I view the created document in Adobe
Acrobat, or any other PDF viewer, all I get is a blank document.
Adobe does not report any errors, and I have tried several other PDF
analysis tools, all of which say I have a valid document.

Does anyone have any ideas on the kinds of things that could cause
Adobe to display a blank doc?  Some info to be going on with.....

The start of my file is as follows:

%PDF-1.3.%    .1 0 obj.<<./Type /XObject./Subtype /Image./Width
1728./Height 1600./ColorSpace /DeviceGray./BitsPerComponent 1./Length
2 0 R./Filter /CCITTFaxDecode./DecodeParms << /K 0./EncodedByteAlign
false./EndOfBlock false./EndOfLine true./BlackIs1 true./Columns
1728./Rows 1600>> >>.stream.

followed by the data itself which is a straight binary copy between
the tiff file image data and the PDF document.

The remainder of the document after the data looks like this:

..endstream.endobj.2 0 obj.26263.endobj.3 0 obj.<<./Type /Page./Parent
4 0 R./Resources <<./ProcSet [ /PDF /ImageB ].>>./Contents [1 0
R].>>.endobj.4 0 obj.<<./Type /Pages./Kids [3 0 R.]./MediaBox [ 0 0
595 842 ]./Count 1>>.endobj.5 0
obj.<<./Creator(Gary)./CreationDate(D:20030924105139)./Title(Archived
G3 file)./Producer(Garys PDF Conversion
Library)./Keywords(G3).>>.endobj.6 0 obj.<<./Type /Catalog./Pages 4 0
R>>.endobj.xref.0 7.0000000000 65535 f .0000000015 00000 n .0000026577
00000 n .0000026598 00000 n .0000026706 00000 n .0000026789 00000 n
..0000026946 00000 n .trailer.<<./Size 7./Root 6 0 R./Info 5 0
R.>>.startxref.26994.%%EOF.

The image is a greyscale, single-page image.  The data is definitely
26263 bytes in length and all the cross reference offsets, etc. are
correct.

Thanks in advance,

Gary.
0
Reply greynolds 9/24/2003 10:23:23 AM

See related articles to this posting

greynolds@equisys.com (Gary Reynolds) wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I am developing a utility that programmatically converts a Group 3
>tiff image (CCITTFaxDecode) into a PDF document.  All I am doing is
>extracting the stream of data from the tif file and placing it between
>the relevant 'stream' 'endstream' PDF tags, and then filling in the
>blanks, by creating the cross reference, header, trailer, page
>objects, etc.
>
>The PDF document produced by my code appears to look correct.  The
>header info. trailer, cross reference, etc. are all in place, and the
>byte offsets and indirect object references are all correct (as far as
>I can tell!).  However, when I view the created document in Adobe
>Acrobat, or any other PDF viewer, all I get is a blank document.

Consider - you haven't even told Acrobat where on the page this image
would go, and what size - how could it guess? This should be a clue
that something vital is missing.

Many things could be wrong, but one is clear: you are trying to use
image data as a page stream. No, you can't. A page stream must contain
marking operators, as described in the PDF Reference. You cannot just
substitute an image XObject for a content stream. The content stream
must use "Do" and other operators ("cm" especially) to position and
place the image.

Remember also, when it comes to details of the TIFF file, that each
strip or tile is separately compressed. Each strip or tile has to map
to a different compressed XObject - you cannot concatenate compressed
CCITT streams.
Aandi Inston  quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com

Reply quite 9/24/2003 10:43:17 AM

HI Gary,

A few months ago, we had a client come to us who wanted to take older fax
files in an .efx form and convert a large number automatically into PDF as
well as automatically assign the approriate file name for each.  Our
software, OctoPDF can do this for TIFF images as well. (www.octopdf.com)
This particular client contracted us to do the conversion, sent us his files
and we sent (via FTP) the resultant 1000+  PDFs back to him the next day.
Please give me a call or email and we can discuss your requirements if you
would like to persue this further.  Thanks for your time.

Larry T.

larry@jbmsystems.com
978 535-7676

"Gary Reynolds" <greynolds@equisys.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> I am developing a utility that programmatically converts a Group 3
> tiff image (CCITTFaxDecode) into a PDF document.  All I am doing is
> extracting the stream of data from the tif file and placing it between
> the relevant 'stream' 'endstream' PDF tags, and then filling in the
> blanks, by creating the cross reference, header, trailer, page
> objects, etc.
>
> The PDF document produced by my code appears to look correct.  The
> header info. trailer, cross reference, etc. are all in place, and the
> byte offsets and indirect object references are all correct (as far as
> I can tell!).  However, when I view the created document in Adobe
> Acrobat, or any other PDF viewer, all I get is a blank document.
> Adobe does not report any errors, and I have tried several other PDF
> analysis tools, all of which say I have a valid document.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on the kinds of things that could cause
> Adobe to display a blank doc?  Some info to be going on with.....
>
> The start of my file is as follows:
>
> %PDF-1.3.%    .1 0 obj.<<./Type /XObject./Subtype /Image./Width
> 1728./Height 1600./ColorSpace /DeviceGray./BitsPerComponent 1./Length
> 2 0 R./Filter /CCITTFaxDecode./DecodeParms << /K 0./EncodedByteAlign
> false./EndOfBlock false./EndOfLine true./BlackIs1 true./Columns
> 1728./Rows 1600>> >>.stream.
>
> followed by the data itself which is a straight binary copy between
> the tiff file image data and the PDF document.
>
> The remainder of the document after the data looks like this:
>
> .endstream.endobj.2 0 obj.26263.endobj.3 0 obj.<<./Type /Page./Parent
> 4 0 R./Resources <<./ProcSet [ /PDF /ImageB ].>>./Contents [1 0
> R].>>.endobj.4 0 obj.<<./Type /Pages./Kids [3 0 R.]./MediaBox [ 0 0
> 595 842 ]./Count 1>>.endobj.5 0
> obj.<<./Creator(Gary)./CreationDate(D:20030924105139)./Title(Archived
> G3 file)./Producer(Garys PDF Conversion
> Library)./Keywords(G3).>>.endobj.6 0 obj.<<./Type /Catalog./Pages 4 0
> R>>.endobj.xref.0 7.0000000000 65535 f .0000000015 00000 n .0000026577
> 00000 n .0000026598 00000 n .0000026706 00000 n .0000026789 00000 n
> .0000026946 00000 n .trailer.<<./Size 7./Root 6 0 R./Info 5 0
> R.>>.startxref.26994.%%EOF.
>
> The image is a greyscale, single-page image.  The data is definitely
> 26263 bytes in length and all the cross reference offsets, etc. are
> correct.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Gary.

0
Reply Larry 9/24/2003 1:48:14 PM

quite@dial.pipex.con (Aandi Inston) wrote in message news:<3f7173f2.855398558@reading.news.pipex.net>...
> greynolds@equisys.com (Gary Reynolds) wrote:
>
> >Hi there,
> >
> >I am developing a utility that programmatically converts a Group 3
> >tiff image (CCITTFaxDecode) into a PDF document.  All I am doing is
> >extracting the stream of data from the tif file and placing it between
> >the relevant 'stream' 'endstream' PDF tags, and then filling in the
> >blanks, by creating the cross reference, header, trailer, page
> >objects, etc.
> >
> >The PDF document produced by my code appears to look correct.  The
> >header info. trailer, cross reference, etc. are all in place, and the
> >byte offsets and indirect object references are all correct (as far as
> >I can tell!).  However, when I view the created document in Adobe
> >Acrobat, or any other PDF viewer, all I get is a blank document.
>
> Consider - you haven't even told Acrobat where on the page this image
> would go, and what size - how could it guess? This should be a clue
> that something vital is missing.
>
> Many things could be wrong, but one is clear: you are trying to use
> image data as a page stream. No, you can't. A page stream must contain
> marking operators, as described in the PDF Reference. You cannot just
> substitute an image XObject for a content stream. The content stream
> must use "Do" and other operators ("cm" especially) to position and
> place the image.
>
> Remember also, when it comes to details of the TIFF file, that each
> strip or tile is separately compressed. Each strip or tile has to map
> to a different compressed XObject - you cannot concatenate compressed
> CCITT streams.
> Aandi Inston  quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com
> Please support usenet! Post replies and follow-ups, don't e-mail them.

Aandi,

Thanks for your reply to my message.  It was very useful and has
allowed me to progress my work somewhat.  I know have a file which
takes the following format:

%PDF-1.3.%    .1 0 obj.<<./Type /XObject./Subtype /Image./Name
/strm_0./Filter /CCITTFaxDecode /Width 1728./Height 1600./ColorSpace
/DeviceGray./BitsPerComponent 1./DecodeParms << /K 0./Columns
1728./Rows 1600>>/Length 2 0 R>>.stream.

<data here>

..endstream.endobj.2 0 obj.26263.endobj.3 0 obj.<</Length
29.>>stream.842 0 0 595 0 0 cm./strm_0 Do.endstream.endobj.4 0
obj.<<./Type /Page./Parent 6 0 R./Resources 5 0 R./MediaBox [0 0 842
595]./CropBox [0 0 842 595]./Contents [3 0 R].>>.endobj.5 0
obj.<<./ProcSet [/PDF /ImageB]./XObject <</strm_0 1 0 R.>>.>>.endobj.6
0 obj.<<./Type /Pages./Kids [4 0 R.]./Count 1>>.endobj.7 0
obj.<<./Creator(Zetafax)./CreationDate(D:20030925115855)./Title(Archived
Zetafax)./Producer(Zetafax PDF Conversion
Library)./Keywords(Zetafax).>>.endobj.8 0 obj.<<./Type
/Catalog./OpenAction 9 0 R./Pages 6 0 R>>.endobj.9 0 obj.[ 4 0 R /Fit
].endobj.xref.0 10.0000000000 65535 f .0000000015 00000 n .0000026515
00000 n .0000026536 00000 n .0000026613 00000 n .0000026742 00000 n
..0000026815 00000 n .0000026872 00000 n .0000027029 00000 n
..0000027095 00000 n .trailer.<<./Size 10./Root 8 0 R./Info 7 0
R.>>.startxref.27125.%%EOF.

Specifically, I have added in a content stream that references an
XObject (object 1 in the dump above) and have specified that object 1
is a resource.  At this point I am getting a drawing error from within
Adobe Acrobat Reader.  Does the general format look correct?  I think
it does, but judging by my last message I may still be way-off!  I
have read the relevant parts of the PDF specification (1.3) and can't
find anything that I've missed out.

I have also done a Hex dump of a Group 4 tiff image that has been
converted to PDF.  Apart from the data, the two files (mine and the G4
file) look pretty similar.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Gary.
0
Reply greynolds 9/25/2003 11:15:09 AM

Larry,
Check out www.codeproject.com and search for PDF on that site.
There is some sample code to do exactly what you need there.

Regards.
0
Reply oside_freak 9/28/2003 8:29:06 PM

greynolds@equisys.com (Gary Reynolds) wrote:

>Thanks for your reply to my message.  It was very useful and has
>allowed me to progress my work somewhat.  I know have a file which
>takes the following format:
>
>%PDF-1.3.%    .1 0 obj.<<./Type /XObject./Subtype /Image./Name
>/strm_0./Filter /CCITTFaxDecode /Width 1728./Height 1600./ColorSpace
>/DeviceGray./BitsPerComponent 1./DecodeParms << /K 0./Columns
>1728./Rows 1600>>/Length 2 0 R>>....

It's very hard to get useful information from a dump of a PDF file. In
this way. Where possible, when asking for help, post the file itself
on a web or FTP site.  Still, a quick look over what you have done
looks correct at the PDF level.

>At this point I am getting a drawing error from within
>Adobe Acrobat Reader.  Does the general format look correct?  I think
>it does, but judging by my last message I may still be way-off!  I
>have read the relevant parts of the PDF specification (1.3) and can't
>find anything that I've missed out.

Could be that the data doesn't match the needs of the CCITTFaxDecode
filter.

>I have also done a Hex dump of a Group 4 tiff image that has been
>converted to PDF.  Apart from the data, the two files (mine and the G4
>file) look pretty similar.

You haven't mentioned what you do to the TIFF file, especially my note
that each strip or tile must be processed separately. Be sure too that
the filter parameters exactly match what was used to compress the
TIFF, including details such as whether the data needs to be an exact
number of rows or whether it contains a G3 EOD marker.
Aandi Inston  quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com

Reply quite 9/30/2003 11:53:54 AM
comp.text.pdf 5544 articles. 36 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

PDF to TIF conversion
Command line: gswin32c.exe -dSAFER -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=tiffg4 -sOutputFile=test.tif -dMaxStripSize=8192 test.pdf On running tests if found that there was excessive degradation in text quality in the conversion. What could i be doing wrong? I would hope i could maintain the same quality of graphic. -- ============ On Dec 24, 10:28 am, "Larry 7" <larr...@pisem.net> wrote: > Command line: > > gswin32c.exe -dSAFER -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=tiffg4 -sOutputFile=test.tif > -dMaxStripSize=8192 test.pdf > > On running tests if found that ther...

doc to pdf conversion
Hi, Anybody have an idea, how to convert doc to pdf? It should support setting image resolution, paraghraph, font, page alignment. merging, edit etc... while converting. Please suggest me a library. I should be able to use it in Visual Basic application. Thanks, Sreeram Sreeram <sreeram0425@netscape.net> wrote in message news:<0c8f249492953e6668d5bc2433dd7bf6@news.teranews.com>... > Hi, > Anybody have an idea, how to convert doc to pdf? It should support > setting image resolution, paraghraph, font, page alignment. merging, > edit etc... while converting. Please...

.doc to .pdf conversions
Does anyone know of a FREE way to convert Word docs into PDF and vice-versa? Thanks. On 3 May 2004 17:51:14 -0700, martim07@hotmail.com (martim07) wrote: >Does anyone know of a FREE way to convert Word docs into PDF and vice-versa? Thanks. OpenOffice will read the doc file and will make pdf. DL from www.openoffice.org (I think). bob On 3 May 2004 17:51:14 -0700, martim07@hotmail.com (martim07) wrote: >,;Does anyone know of a FREE way to convert Word docs into PDF and vice-versa? Thanks. Google search pdf995 It is free. ...

Conversion software doc to pdf
Hey group, i'm wondering if there is a freely available console tool to conert .doc files into .pdf. Thanks, Moka At Sun, 03 Jun 2007 10:36:50 -0000 mowsen@googlemail.com wrote: > > Hey group, > > > i'm wondering if there is a freely available console tool to > conert .doc files into .pdf. The only tool would be antiword, which does a minimualy useful level on conversion to text or postscript (which can be piped to ghostscript to createe PDF). Embeded images, etc. are dropped. If you want anything better than that, you are out of luck. OpenOffice is said...

Trouble with Tables in Conversion of DOC to PDF
Hello everyone! I'd like to convert a word document containing lots of tables into a PDF. Unfortunately, tables impose a major problem in doing so, i.e. line width will be erroneously displayed in the PDF (thick lines have become thin and vice versa). So far I tried the following software: 1. Adobe Acrobat 7.0 2. PDFCreator 3. FreePDF XP 4. GhostView 5. PDF generation through OpenOffice's Writer after importing the *.doc file. I randomly checked some PDFs from the internet. Most of them presented with the same shortcomings concerning table layout as my own. But some were OK. So ther...

tif, pnm, ps, pdf (conversion)
Dear Sirs! I took a tif file of about 3MB, containing a scan of a text from a book, converted it to a pnm file with tiftopnm. The pnm file was silmiar big an looked like the tif one with the xv application. Then I converted it to a (e)ps file with pnmtops. The ps file became about twice as big as the tif one, it was automaticaly scaled, the resolution is worser. Then I converted this file to a pdf file with ps2pdf, and surprise: the pdf file is about 10 times smaller than the original tif one, and with xv looks like the ps file. As I tried to print the ps and pdf (hp printer with ghostview)...

Batch conversion of quark docs to pdf
Is there an easy way to batch convert multiple quark files to pdf (or postscript from where I can distill)? Isee no automatic way to do this...... Extensis Preflight Pro had a nice option for this --- shame it's no longer. William William F. Adams wrote: > Extensis Preflight Pro had a nice option for this --- shame it's no > longer. AppleScript is still supported, if you have the Mac version. It will manage the open/print/close of the Quark plus the run of Distiller. I haven't used it for a while, but from what I remember you do a recording of the action and then hac...

Ghostscript PDF to PNG/TIF Conversion
I am using Ghostscript command line to convert PDF drawings into either a TIF or PNG. an example comand line is gswin32c.exe -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -r300 -sDEVICE=pnggray -sOutputFile="test.png" "TestFile.PDF" this produces the PNG in gray as expected but rather than having a fixed resolution of 300dpi I want to keep exactly the same image size and resolution of the original PDF document - so there is no loss of quality at all. If I leave off the -r300 it seems to produce 75 dpi as a standard Can anyone help me as I cannot find the correct setting (if there is one) Any help...

.doc to html and pdf conversion with python
I need to take a bunch of .doc files (word 2000) which have a little text including some tables/layout and mostly pictures and comvert them to a pdf and extract the text and images separately too. If I have a pdf, I can do create the html with pdftohtml called from python with popen. However I need an automated way to converst the .doc to PDF first. Is there a way to do what I want either with a python lib, 3rd party app, or maybe remote controlling Word (a la VBA) by "printing" to PDF with a distiller? I already tried wvware from gwnuwin32, however it has problems with big image fi...

Server side conversion of DOC to PDF (asp)
I am looking for a way to convert an MS Word merge DOC to a PDF using asp. I have a Word DOC that is linked to the database and I need to convert a merged copy of that DOC file to PDF for the client to download and print. I have used the FDF toolkit as a temp solution but it requires me to "lock down" the form and program the static fields to accept a feed directly from the database. Unfortunately this solution causes me to lose the ability to have dynamically-sized fields like a Word DOC. I have seen several postings that ask for help creating "searchable" PDF's and ...

tif, pnm, ps, pdf (conversion) #2
Dear Sirs! I took a tif file of about 3MB, containing a scan of a text from a book, converted it to a pnm file with tiftopnm. The pnm file was silmiar big an looked like the tif one with the xv application. Then I converted it to a (e)ps file with pnmtops. The ps file became about twice as big as the tif one, it was automaticaly scaled, the resolution is worser. Then I converted this file to a pdf file with ps2pdf, and surprise: the pdf file is about 10 times smaller than the original tif one, and with xv looks like the ps file. As I tried to print the ps and pdf (hp printer with ghostview...

Batch Conversion of Quark docs to PDF on Windows
Hello, I have 500 Quark documents that I would like to convert to pdf. I only have Quark on Windows at this point. Is there a way to do that on a Windows machine? It doesn't appear that Quark can do that, so I thought maybe there is an Acrobat utility that can accomplish this. Thanks! osyntax@efn.org (Steven Michaels) wrote in news:89e44435.0310071129.42bccd91@posting.google.com: > Hello, > > I have 500 Quark documents that I would like to convert to pdf. I only > have Quark on Windows at this point. > > Is there a way to do that on a Windows machine? It doesn'...

Re: .doc to html and pdf conversion with python
> Is there some reason you really want to convert to PDF first? You can > get much better HTML right from the Word doc. You'll lose a lot of info > going from PDF to HTML. Right now, two reasons: Printing to PDF allows me to create the PDF "for the web" which means it has a much smaller filesize needed for downloading. Mainly accomplished with automatic image resizing. 2nd, htmltidy simply doesn't work for the files I get from Word HTML. I need it to work automagically without intervention and usable by not really PC literate people: D:\tmp\pdftohtml>tidy auber...

interdocument hyperlinks broken after Word DOC to PDF conversion
Hi, I have been creating links between two Word 2003 docs with no problems. I need to have the links preserved or created after converting to PDF in Acrobat 7. Should Acrobat be expected to preserve hyperlinks? If not, is it possible to create relative links between the two PDF docs, since they will be moved from their creation site but always live in the same directory? I tried recreating the links using Acrobat's Link tool but couldn't seem to get the Help Creating Links instructions to work. Any suggestions? thanks, -john since no one has responded, I think I may be ...

Server side conversion of Microsoft Word doc/rtf to PDF
I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to have documents uploaded to a server and have a process on the server convert them to PDF - and it has to handle a high volume of documents. At the same time, the documents converted to PDF must be searchable. I've found that there are two approaches to doing the document conversion on a server. 1 - Use Word and install a print driver and print the document. Pros: Document looks like the original document. Cons: Document isn't searchable. Requires Word to be installed on a server. (Stability...) 2 - Native co...

Converting several separate pdf-docs into one pdf-doc.
Hi Group! How is that possible? Eventually you could describe for me how to convert several separate .eps-files into one .eps-file. TIA! Best Regards, Lars Bentzen lars_bentzen@hotmail.com (Lars Bentzen) wrote: >How is that possible? One way to combine separate PDF files, keeping the pages separate, is Acrobat (Document > Insert Pages). >Eventually you could describe for me how to >convert several separate .eps-files into one .eps-file. No, nobody could do that (keeping the pages separate) since EPS files can contain only one page. ---------------------------------------- ...

PDF / PS / PDF conversion
Hi, I need to add titles to some PDF files I've been sent. My normal method of hand-editting in Zap doesn't work for these particular files, so I did the following: 1. Display PDF file (using !PDF) 2. Print to PS file (using !PS3 and 'print to file') 3. Convert back to PDF, adding title (using !PrintPDF) This works, and the result looks the same despite reducing the filesize from 219k to 98k. But the hyperlinks are no longer hyperlinks - they're not displayed in blue or clickable. 1. Is there any way to retain the hyperlinks? 2. Is there an easier way to edit PDF file...

doc -> pdf, automatically update pdf properties (author, rev, date etc.) from doc, possible?
I am a complete Distiller beginner so any help or urls would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to find out if there is a way to automatically include various document properties from MS Word when it is saved as a pdf file. We handle a lot of documents, and the people doing the conversions don't always remember to update the rev, date, etc. on the converted pdf's. Thanks, Mike ...

Import TIF/JPEG grafic files into PDF format <> export PDF files into TIF/JPEG format
Question 1: How can grafic files (JPEG or TIF) correctly be imported into a PDF file (no character recognition applied)? Experienced problems: a) the necessary memory of a 200 kB TIF color file will be expanded to 600 kb when imported into pdf (with JPEG this can be even worse) b) the quality of a JPEG picture decreases after import into a pdf file Question 2: How can a pdf file be converted back into TIF or JPEG files? Thank you for your answer Josef Laupheimer "Josef Laupheimer" <glasperlenspieler@web.de> wrote in message news:<bl53eu$81doq$4@ID-134779.news.uni-be...

pdf to word doc, pdf to jpg
People are always asking me for microsoft word docs instead of pdf files. I don't understand why, and find it annoying (but that's beside the point). I can't get a good answer from them as to what's "wrong" with pdf, so I'm asking here. What's wrong with PDF? Apparently, there are tools to convert PDF to jpg or to word doc format. As soon as I get my computer working, I suppose I'll install some of those tools. I'm thinking of PDF to JPG, then copy/paste the image into word as my passive aggressive revenge. When I save the file as RTF too much f...

PDF creation and concatenation with pdf docs with SAS
Is there a way to add image(logo) to pdf document created with SAS in the zOS env.? We would like to create coverletters in pdf with logos and combine the coverletters with one or more pdf documents, which are already available in the Mainframe environment (zOS). At the end would like to print coverletters and associated pdf docs in sequence to a printer. I was able to create a pdf letter utilizing ODS but currently not sure how to add logo. And also was unable to concatenate the pdf document after creating the letter. Still reseaching. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks ......Ha...

Re: PDF creation and concatenation with pdf docs with SAS
I haven't tried this recently, but it used to be the case that an external image had to come from an HFS file, not a z/OS file (sorry, I don't know the proper name for the regular file system). Typically, you would get the image there by FTPing it in binary mode from your PC. Would it be possible for you to create your logo in SAS, using GMAP or GFONT? SAS does not have the ability to concatenate PDF files - you must create the whole thing at one, or do the concatenation externally. On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 22:27:52 -0800, "Dimple" <harmeet.kalra@GMAIL.COM> said: > ...

pdf to doc ??
hi i have a pdf i lost my original .doc file and need to edit this pdf, is there any way i can make a doc file out of it? or a txt file? thanks -ryan Hi Ryan, amongst its many other features PDF-Tools can convert your PDF to an RTF and open in any WP package, it also offers .txt and .Doc - but RTF is more reliable in terms of formatting etc. Offers many other functions etc Please see : http://www.docu-track.com/home/prod_user/pdftools/ evaluation available from www.docu-track.com/PDFT3.zip -- Best Regards John Verbeeten Tracker Software Products PDF-XChange & SDK, Image-XChange S...

PostScript to PDF conversion creating Huge Font sizes in PDF
I generated a PostScript file by using the Windows GDI to print to a postscript printer (HP LaserJet 8500 PS) which uses the PSCRIPT5 driver. I can open the PostScript file in GSView and it looks fine. I then used Adobe Acrobat Distiller to distill the file to PDF. Again I can open it in Reader and it looks fine. Finally I took the same PostScript file and used a third-party "distiller" and distilled the PostScript to PDF - but I did perform the conversion on another machine on our network. This last time, the PDF file created contains huge fonts. In fact, the fonts are so large t...