What happened to --scale-to and -cropbox in pdftoppm ?

Hello,

I'm sorry to bother the community with a rather mundane issue, but I'm task=
ed with maintaining a legacy system that makes heavy use of pdftoppm and I'=
m a bit clueless right now.

The system sometimes break on some PDF, pdftoppm having occasional segfault=
s. After investigation, I discovered that we use a fairly ancient version o=
f the tools (v0.18.4, vs. the current 3.04). I'm all for using the newest v=
ersion, however, we used to call pdftoppm with 2 options : --scale-to and -=
cropbox.=20

Those two options have disappeared between v0.18.4 and 3.04.

So, here are two questions :
- Is there a way for me to emulate call to scale-to and -cropbox, e.g. by c=
ombining tools ?
- If not, is there a more robust version than v0.18.4, but with the options=
 scale-to and cropbox ? If so, where can I find it ? I looked everywhere, b=
ut it looks like older versions are not distributed.

Thank you very much for your help and your patience.

Best,

E. Raveline.
0
eraveline

0
Peter

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)

ANN: Fly Text to PDF

PDF PDF PDF
For anyone struggling to figure out how to create a PDF in SWX it's pretty simple but you may have to have the Bluebeam version of swx FIRST go to Tools>Options and check "Save as PDF" Then you can save them right from the save as dialog. Maybe I'm the only dumbass that could't figure that out! ;0) But it was in help under "PDF" An easier way is to download a program from www.pdf995.com that "prints" you files to a PDF foramat. This program works with SW and any other program you use to print with. "3d" <jmiller at marvelindustri...

Convert PDF image to PDF text
Hi, I have a PDF file with image text documents. hence I can't search the text. How can I convert it to searchable PDF file? Thanx You will have to scan it using an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) application and then create a PDF file. -- Don Vancouver, USA <WhiteLen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193737890.691267.165820@z9g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have a PDF file with image text documents. hence I can't search the > text. How can I convert it to searchable PDF file? > > Thanx > Any recommendation for OCR application? ...

convert text images in pdf to text
Hi, I have a pdf file where someone scanned in pages from a book and stored them as images in a pdf file which is 16 meg. Is there an easy way I can do some kind of OCR on this file to just get plain text from the images of text in the pdf? Using a standard pdf to txt converter won't work because the file contains images of text as it appears in the book. Thanks, Ben -- Cheap long distance calling using Onesuite (http://www.onesuite.com). 2.5 cents/min anywhere in the U.S., to Canada or the U.K. No monthly or connection fees! Use promotional code 038664643 for 20 free minutes. Tr...

PDF image of text to readable text ?
Seems there are web based tools and software. My son needs text to have it read for him. He has a PC. Found PDF reader $50 , http://thurly.net/11ia and http://thurly.net/11i4 the last being google. Wondering what you folks found useful or use ? Thanks! -- Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden http://uppitywis.org/ live WI ...

Has anyone tried PDF text to SVG text?
Has anyone tried PDF text to SVG text? http://www.pdftron.com/pdf2svg/index.html The pdfTron PDF2SVG converter enables users to publish PDF documents in SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics), the open-standard W3C recommendation for high-end graphics on the web. The flawless conversion process produces compact SVG documents that can be viewed using freely available SVG viewers and plugins. "Dr Joolz" <jxm96c@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:c1oo74$kkv$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk... > Has anyone tried PDF text to SVG text? > > pdf2vector is available in desktop, ser...

scanned image pdf to searchable text pdf
We have a lot of pdf files that are just scanned images of documents. How easy is it to change these into pdf's that we can search for specific words. I believe Adobe Acrobat Capture will do this when the document is originally scanned, but can it use pdf's that have already been created. If it can, can this process be automated to convert 100s of pdf files? Are there other alternatives to Adobe Acrobat Capture as it is not cheap for a large number of documents? I am new to this, so please keep it simple. Thanks for any help. Adrian HI, As you indicated, your pdf's are ...

convert PDF images to PDF text (OCR)
Hi, I have a book which was entirely scanned into a PDF, there are approximately 300 pages. The problem is that each page is an image of the paper page, not selectable text. How can I convert this PDF made of images to a text-selectable PDF? Or directly convert it to Word? I suppose I'll need some form of OCR. Thanks in advance, Raphael Yes, since you have an image, you need to OCR it into data. You will not have much luck with any formating info, but most OCR programs today to a pretty good job if the image is fairly clean . Larry T. larrynospam@nospamjbmsystems.com wrote in message...

PDF::API2
Hello All, I am new to PDF files so I don't really know if what I want to do is possible and how to use the PDF::API2 modules. I need to extract information from columns in a table ( I assume that PDF does not know anything about tables). What I was thinking of doing was finding the horizontal location of the header (I know what it should be), then extract all text that starts at that location. I have played around with the PDF::API2 module and read the 'Using PDF::API2 - The code' help page, however it doesn't show me how to extract information from an exi...

ghostscript PDF page extraction, leaving text as text
Ghostscript may be used to extract pages from a PDF file with a command like this: gs -sDEVICE=pdfwrite \ -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -dSAFER \ -dFirstPage=48 -dLastPage=48 \ -sOutputFile=onepage.pdf input.pdf The problem is, while that page looks the same as the original in a PDF reader, it seems to be an image rather than an "object" representation. That is, open the extracted PDF in something like Acrobat or PDF XChange Viewer and "search" and "text selection" work, whereas in the extracted one neither function works. Presumably this is because the text has been r...

PDF::API2
Hello All, I am new to PDF files so I don't really know if what I want to do is possible and how to use the PDF::API2 modules. I need to extract information from columns in a table ( I assume that PDF does not know anything about tables). What I was thinking of doing was finding the horizontal location of the header (I know what it should be), then extract all text that starts at that location. I have played around with the PDF::API2 module and read the 'Using PDF::API2 - The code' help page, however it doesn't show me how to extract information from an existing file. ...

PDF Converter Pro
Anyone know how I can change the default font color and style for text boxes in PDF Converter Professional 3.0? Thanks. ...

This could happen to PDF?
We provided a PDF file to a printing company for a journal book (~80 pages) production. The PDF file was converted from a big word file (10M) by Acrobat Distiller. There are a few graphs in the file. We printed the PDF file with our office printer, it's all fine. And then we gave the PDF file to the printing company, they printed off a proof copy for our checking, no problem. However, when we got the final products (100 books), surprisingly, one graph's background is totally back! The printing company can't figure out why. As I think the PDF is just a kind of image. The printout...

text over PDF
Hi, I would like to overlay text (especially equations) on a PDF figure I included with \includegraphics in LaTeX. The ideal solution would allow me to align text left, right, or center of the specified coordinate, and correct vertical alignment by values specified in ex units. I am using pdflatex. I found the package overpic, and I am aware that I can do this with Tikz/PGF, but I am curious about other solutions --- the faster it compiles, the better. Best, Tamas Tamas Papp <tkpapp@gmail.com> writes: > Hi, > > I would like to overlay text (especially equations) on a PDF...

Web resources about - What happened to --scale-to and -cropbox in pdftoppm ? - comp.text.pdf

File:Rational scale to assess the harm of drugs (mean physical harm and mean dependence).svg - Wikipedia ...
A rational scale to assess the harm of drugs. Data source is the March 24, 2007 article: Nutt, David, Leslie A King, William Saulsbury, Colin ...

Root Access: How to Scale your Startup to Millions of Users - YouTube
Fred Sauer interviews Ben Kamens about how Khan Academy scaled to millions of users and what other startups can learn from their experience. ...

China, Russia to scale up investment cooperation
China, Russia to scale up investment cooperation People's Daily Online ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31. Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, ...

Republicans tell HHS nominee they'll work to scale back health care law
WASHINGTON (AP) — The woman who's been nominated to head the federal Department of Health and Human Services is telling senators that the new ...

Jones County Pay Scale to Be Implemented Dec. 1
Jones County employees now have a fixed starting salary and a way to get raises under a standard pay scale approved by the county commission. ...

How to make your QML applications scale to and look nice on Symbian, MeeGo/Harmattan and android
Yesterday I was talking at the 2nd Tampere barcamp about how you can make your application automatically scale to different devices, yet allow ...

Giving Credit Where Due: Facebook to Scale Back Payments System
When Facebook announced last year that its Credits payment system would become the de facto form of currency for purchases made inside games ...

New EPA regs will force Wisconsin to SCALE BACK its anti-pollution laws
AMERICAblog is my full-time job, and we were hit hard by the economic crisis. Please support independent media and help us keep running with ...

Samsung, Google to scale back giant screen sizes on new Android phones
While Apple has been the subject of incessant queries wondering when it will follow Samsung and Google's Motorola subsidiary in making a big ...