What's the best free PDF creator from Word 2000 documents in an old Windows XP Pro SP3?

I don't want my formatting (tables, bullets, etc.) to be changed, lost,
etc. too. I need the PDF to be readable in any software and any platforms.

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"A marvelous creature. A model of specialization... Who else could suck
an ant up his nose and enjoy it?" --About anteaters, "B.C." strip by

On Sun, 17 May 2015 02:37:10 -0700, Ant wrote:

> I don't want my formatting (tables, bullets, etc.) to be changed, lost,
> etc. too. I need the PDF to be readable in any software and any platforms.
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

"... best ..."? No idea. Good enough for me? -- BullZIP PDF Printer, cf.
<http://www.bullzip.com>. But there are others of similar ilk. HTH.

Cheers, -- tlvp
tlvp
5/18/2015 6:14:59 AM
>> I don't want my formatting (tables, bullets, etc.) to be changed, lost,
>> etc. too. I need the PDF to be readable in any software and any platforms.
>>
>> Thank you in advance. :)
>
> "... best ..."? No idea. Good enough for me? -- BullZIP PDF Printer, cf.
> <http://www.bullzip.com>. But there are others of similar ilk. HTH.

Thanks. I recently used http://www.primopdf.com/ which seems to be good
enough for me. :)
--
"Forbear, thou great good husband, little ant." --Richard Lovelace
  | |o   o| |
      ( )              Chop ANT from its address if e-mailing privately.
Ant
5/19/2015 10:56:26 AM
On Tue, 19 May 2015 03:56:26 -0700, Ant wrote:

> Thanks. I recently used http://www.primopdf.com/ which seems to be good
> enough for me. :)

Yes. Haven't used either one myself, but I've read good things about both
your Primo PDF and a Nitro PDF. Enjoy in good health :-) . Cheers, -- tlvp
tlvp
5/20/2015 5:06:43 AM
On Tue, 19 May 2015 03:56:26 -0700, Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote:

>>> I don't want my formatting (tables, bullets, etc.) to be changed, lost,
>>> etc. too. I need the PDF to be readable in any software and any platforms.
>>>
>>> Thank you in advance. :)
>>
>> "... best ..."? No idea. Good enough for me? -- BullZIP PDF Printer, cf.
>> <http://www.bullzip.com>. But there are others of similar ilk. HTH.
>
>Thanks. I recently used http://www.primopdf.com/ which seems to be good
>enough for me. :)

I've used PDFfactory

http://fineprint.com/pdf/

which is a paid version.

PDF Creator did just as good a job with a single document, but could
not concatenate documents into a single file as PDFfactory does.

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Web:  http://www.khanya.org.za/stevesig.htm
wrote:

>On Thu, 21 May 2015 05:52:39 +0200, Steve Hayes wrote:
>
>> PDF Creator did just as good a job with a single document, but could
>> not concatenate documents into a single file as PDFfactory does.
>
>To concatenate multiple documents into a single file, I use pdftk, aka "the
>PDF ToolKit" (q.v. in your favorite search engine). HTH. Cheers, -- tlvp

Is that one free?

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Web:  http://www.khanya.org.za/stevesig.htm
Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com
Steve
5/21/2015 1:01:01 AM
On Thu, 21 May 2015 05:52:39 +0200, Steve Hayes wrote:

> PDF Creator did just as good a job with a single document, but could
> not concatenate documents into a single file as PDFfactory does.

To concatenate multiple documents into a single file, I use pdftk, aka "the
PDF ToolKit" (q.v. in your favorite search engine). HTH. Cheers, -- tlvp
tlvp
5/21/2015 5:07:15 AM
On Fri, 22 May 2015 01:01:22 -0400, tlvp <mPiOsUcB.EtLlLvEp@att.net>
wrote:

>On Thu, 21 May 2015 12:49:28 +0200, Steve Hayes asked of:
>
>>> ... pdftk, aka "the
>>>PDF ToolKit" (q.v. in your favorite search engine) ...
>>
>> Is that one free?
>
>Yup. More accurately, going thru' google-finds for [ pdftk - pdf toolkit ]:
>
>| ... https://www.pdflabs.com/tools/pdftk-the-pdf-toolkit/PDFtk - The PDF Toolkit.
>| PDFtk is a simple tool for doing everyday things with PDF documents.
>| It comes in three flavors: PDFtk Free, PDFtk Pro, and ...
>
>I use a free CLI .exe version in a Win Vista, 7, or 8.1 DOS box.
>There are versions good in Linux, maybe MacOS, as well.
>HTH. Cheers, -- tlvp

Ok, but it says nothing about printing to PDF from other programs via
a printer port, which is what PDFfactory does.

One of the things I use it for is sending printouts from genealogy
programs to other people -- I can print family group sheets, pedigree
charts, word procvessor documents, spread sheet extracts and other
database reports, all to a single pdf file, which I then send attached
to an e-mail.

Most of the free PDF printers make separate files for each document,
and concatenating them afterwards seems too much of a hassle, as does
attaching each one separately to an e-mail message.

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Web:  http://www.khanya.org.za/stevesig.htm
Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com
Steve
5/22/2015 1:01:01 AM
On Thu, 21 May 2015 12:49:28 +0200, Steve Hayes asked of:

>> ... pdftk, aka "the
>>PDF ToolKit" (q.v. in your favorite search engine) ...
>
> Is that one free?

Yup. More accurately, going thru' google-finds for [ pdftk - pdf toolkit ]:

| ... https://www.pdflabs.com/tools/pdftk-the-pdf-toolkit/PDFtk - The PDF Toolkit.
| PDFtk is a simple tool for doing everyday things with PDF documents.
| It comes in three flavors: PDFtk Free, PDFtk Pro, and ...

I use a free CLI .exe version in a Win Vista, 7, or 8.1 DOS box.
There are versions good in Linux, maybe MacOS, as well.
HTH. Cheers, -- tlvp
tlvp
5/22/2015 5:01:22 AM
On Fri, 22 May 2015 08:34:00 +0200, Steve Hayes wrote:

> On Fri, 22 May 2015 01:01:22 -0400, tlvp <mPiOsUcB.EtLlLvEp@att.net>
> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 21 May 2015 12:49:28 +0200, Steve Hayes asked of:

>>> Is that one free?
>>
>>Yup. More accurately, going thru' google-finds for [ pdftk - pdf toolkit ]:
>>
>>| ... https://www.pdflabs.com/tools/pdftk-the-pdf-toolkit/PDFtk - The PDF Toolkit.
>>| PDFtk is a simple tool for doing everyday things with PDF documents.
>>| It comes in three flavors: PDFtk Free, PDFtk Pro, and ...
>>
>>I use a free CLI .exe version in a Win Vista, 7, or 8.1 DOS box.
>>There are versions good in Linux, maybe MacOS, as well.
>>HTH. Cheers, -- tlvp
>
> Ok, but it says nothing about printing to PDF from other programs via
> a printer port, which is what PDFfactory does.

Right. Print to PDF using PDFfactory (or whatever).
Then concatenate your output PDFs using pdftk.

> Most of the free PDF printers make separate files for each document,
> and concatenating them afterwards seems too much of a hassle, as does
> attaching each one separately to an e-mail message.

pdftk cat is less hassle than you seem to think, in my view :-) . YMMV.

Cheers, -- tlvp
tlvp
5/22/2015 5:39:10 PM
On Fri, 22 May 2015 13:39:10 -0400, tlvp <mPiOsUcB.EtLlLvEp@att.net>
wrote:

>On Fri, 22 May 2015 08:34:00 +0200, Steve Hayes wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 22 May 2015 01:01:22 -0400, tlvp <mPiOsUcB.EtLlLvEp@att.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>On Thu, 21 May 2015 12:49:28 +0200, Steve Hayes asked of:

>>>Yup. More accurately, going thru' google-finds for [ pdftk - pdf toolkit ]:

>>>I use a free CLI .exe version in a Win Vista, 7, or 8.1 DOS box.
>>>There are versions good in Linux, maybe MacOS, as well.
>>>HTH. Cheers, -- tlvp
>>
>> Ok, but it says nothing about printing to PDF from other programs via
>> a printer port, which is what PDFfactory does.
>
>Right. Print to PDF using PDFfactory (or whatever).
>Then concatenate your output PDFs using pdftk.

Unnecessary, since PDFfactory concatenates them for me while I'm
printing them,

>> Most of the free PDF printers make separate files for each document,
>> and concatenating them afterwards seems too much of a hassle, as does
>> attaching each one separately to an e-mail message.
>
>pdftk cat is less hassle than you seem to think, in my view :-) . YMMV.

PDFfactory is less hassle still.

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Web:  http://www.khanya.org.za/stevesig.htm
Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com
Steve
5/23/2015 1:01:01 AM
On Sat, 23 May 2015 12:12:57 +0200, Steve Hayes wrote:

> PDFfactory is less hassle still.

I see I was mixing PDFfactory (payable, but "less hassle") with PDF Creator
(free, but not doing concatenation). My "misteak", sorry. Cheers, -- tlvp
tlvp

Help: String search in Windows 2000 doesn't find text in Windows XP: MS Word document
Hi: I am using Perl 5 (I believe both machines are using ActivePERL 5) on two machines with the same data files. One machine is Win 2000 the other is Win XP. The files are MS Word 2000 documents e-mailed (manually) from the Win 2000 machine to the XP machine. The program searches the MS Word Files (both created with MS Word 2000) for the word HYPERLINK. The format for the HYPERLINK that I am searching for in the document is: HYPERLINK "mydoc.doc" (I checked this on the XP machine in Notepad and it is OK.) PROBLEM: The program works on the Windows 2000 machine, but doe...

XP's "Undock" feature doesn't work anymore
Gurus, Running Windows XP Pro SP3 on a Sony Vaio laptop. The system has been running fine except for one little problem - when I click the Start Menu > "Undock Computer" nothing happens. It used to work fine - and presented a dialog box indicating "Undock is complete" but now it doesn't do that anymore. Nothing happens at all. I have to shut the laptop all the way down in order to undock it. Thoughts? -- Spin ...

Why Doesn't Intel use XP and a PC to create it's pdf documentation?
Whiny John, prattfall and a few others trumpet how wonderful XP is yet for some reason Intel, yes Intel seems to use Macs to do its document imaging to pdf format. How can that be johnnie? I suppose we could ask the same of stutts too, since he trumpets how god-like his Dell is which uses that Intel technology. What will the wintdiot apologists come up with this time to spin this into a Mac-negative commentary? Oh and johnny, if you're going to come down on the side of your "winderful XP", lets not make some blanketly praising statement that provides no cites or refere...

Really really confused: Matlab's tricky window behavior on Linux, Windows 2000 and Window XP (was: why my matlab program on Linux and Windows XP behave so differently?)
"gino" <mizhael@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cd5a6s$due$1@news.Stanford.EDU... > Hi folks, > > The matlab program is supposed to be cross platform compatible. Since matlab > uses Java, it should behave the same for the GUI to display on Windows XP > and Linux. But now, the GUI window was completely random showing on Linux > and on Windows XP. Manu UI control components are off their place. If I fix > this problem on Linux, the the UI controls will be off their place on > Windows; if I fix this problem on Windows, then the UI controls will be off >...

XYpic's arrows and text's arrows in pdf
Hi. I'm sorry for my English. I use MiKTeX 2.5. I have this problem. Using XYpic, I'd like to have the same head for arrows in diagrams and arrows in text (\to, \mapsto, etc.). So I have used \SelectTips{cm}{} that should set computer modern for XYpic's arrows. If I compile in dvi (with latex), the heads are equal, but if I compile in pdf (with pdflatex, but also with latex+dvipdfm) the arrows in the text are smaller than XYpic's arrows (also prettier, I think). So: 1) why is there this difference between dvi and pdf? 2) how can I have equal arrows? Thank you very much, Luigi ...

PDF PDF PDF
For anyone struggling to figure out how to create a PDF in SWX it's pretty simple but you may have to have the Bluebeam version of swx FIRST go to Tools>Options and check "Save as PDF" Then you can save them right from the save as dialog. Maybe I'm the only dumbass that could't figure that out! ;0) But it was in help under "PDF" An easier way is to download a program from www.pdf995.com that "prints" you files to a PDF foramat. This program works with SW and any other program you use to print with. "3d" <jmiller at marvelindustri...

Word 2000 Locks up during save of docs with pics/pdf's
I have a user on Office 2000 SP3 that whhen trying to save certain word documents their machine will lock up. Usually this is when saving documents containing pictures or PDF files. The user has to either end word via task manager or reboot. Help appreciated. ...

It's Official! The Two Best Free PDF Programs in the Universe Are:
Adobe HACKrobat followed closely by: Adobe CRACKrobat Merry Xmas! ...

WANTED: DELL WINDOWS 7 PRO CD's & DELL WINDOWS XP PRO
=20 We are wanting to buy large quantities of Dell Windows XP PRO & Windows 7 P= ro CD's. We are also looking to buy Dell Windows XP Pro and possibly some Vista Busi= ness as well. We also buy Microsoft, Dell, HP and other Office software packages 2000, 20= 03, 2007, 2010, 2012 all versions. We like to buy in quantitiy. We also buy the below. We buy old and new versions of Microsoft Office, Server, Windows & others. = Adobe Acrobat 9 and X and others titles. Symantec Norton Antivirus, NIS and= 360. We are emailing you because we are Looking to buy software from yo...

Apple's MacBook Pro named 'Best Performing Windows Laptop'
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ----------------19026689261541309604 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit LMAO, it cant get much worse for windows pc's. If Macbooks run windows in bootcamp bettter than pc's running it natively then there is not much more to be said. This just ads insult to injury. http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/04/24/apples-macbook-pro-named-best-performing-windows-laptop-by-it-solutions-company ----------------19026689261541309604 Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-885...

VeryPDF PDF To Word Converter
Press Release - Easily Convert PDF Documents to Word Format For Immediate Release Contact: support@verypdf.com Easily Convert PDF Documents to Word Format Verypdf.com Inc. has released PDF2Word/RTF v. 1.3, an affordable, easy-to-use Windows application that exports the text, images, and other contents of Adobe Acrobat PDF files to Microsoft Word/RTF format. Unlike conversion utilities that grab only the text from your PDF files, PDF2Word/RTF preserves the layout of your document, as well as the bitmap images and text. PDF2Word/RTF is a completely standalone program, and does not require Mi...

Sumatra PDF
http://blog.kowalczyk.info/software/sumatrapdf/ Hito ...

Windows xp Pro cannot see Windows 2000 Pro
I have been trying to solve this problem for months! I have 4 PCs in a workgroup, 3 are Windows XP Pro and 1 is a Windows 2000 Pro. The Windows 2000 PC can see all of the Windows XP machines. It can copy files to them it can share the printer connected to one of them no issues. None of the Windows xp (2 are sp2 1 is sp1)can see the Windows 2000 PC. If I ping the 2000 PC I get back an Ip address, but it times out. I have double checked the Workgroup name. They all login as administrator same password. They can all get to the internet using the cable modem connected to one of the...

Best app's for sync'ing my Palm with Windows-XP and OS X?
I have a Handspring Visor Edge (essentially a generic Palm OS device) that I want to use/sync with both my MS-Windows XP laptop and my Mac OS X G4 box. Right now, I'm using Palm's Desktop and associated Hotsync/Conduit manager on both environments, but it doesn't work very well. Specifically, if I just do a regular sync on both machines, it gets confused and occasionally creates double entries of datebook entries (which is really annoying). PalmOne (the new company name) has advised me to do a "Handheld Overwrites Desktop" sync. Not only is it annoying to have t...

Web resources about - What's the best free PDF creator from Word 2000 documents in an old Windows XP Pro SP3? - comp.text.pdf