Why does document print small?

I'm trying to print a PDF document (Acrobat 5.0) that is readable.  The text
always prints out small.  The only size adjustment I see is the zoom
feature.  I have tried "Copies and Adjustments" options in the print
feature.  Nothing has helped.

Any suggestions?

Brett

0
Brett
10/21/2003 5:39:01 AM
comp.text.pdf 5583 articles. 0 followers. ramon (1518) is leader. Post Follow

"Brett" <myaccount@cygen.com> wrote:

>I'm trying to print a PDF document (Acrobat 5.0) that is readable.  The text
>always prints out small.

How small?  What size does the document show in Acrobat (bottom of the
window), and what size does it print?
Aandi Inston  quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com

quite
10/21/2003 7:01:32 AM
"Aandi Inston" <quite@dial.pipex.con> wrote in message
> "Brett" <myaccount@cygen.com> wrote:
>
> >I'm trying to print a PDF document (Acrobat 5.0) that is readable.  The
text
> >always prints out small.
>
> How small?  What size does the document show in Acrobat (bottom of the
> window),
I don't know.  It doesn't say.  At the bottom, it only says the pages and
8.5X11.

>and what size does it print?
There is no indication of it on the printed pages.

> Aandi Inston  quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com
> Please support usenet! Post replies and follow-ups, don't e-mail them.

0
Brett
10/21/2003 12:08:41 PM
"Brett" <myaccount@cygen.com> wrote:

>"Aandi Inston" <quite@dial.pipex.con> wrote in message
>> "Brett" <myaccount@cygen.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I'm trying to print a PDF document (Acrobat 5.0) that is readable.  The
>text
>> >always prints out small.
>>
>> How small?  What size does the document show in Acrobat (bottom of the
>> window),
>I don't know.  It doesn't say.  At the bottom, it only says the pages and
>8.5X11.

That's what I meant. So, the document page is 8.5 x 11 inches.

>>and what size does it print?
>There is no indication of it on the printed pages.

You say it prints small, but now you say there is no indication of
size?  I mean, to measure with a ruler, not a printed text.

Aandi Inston  quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com

quite
10/21/2003 12:52:45 PM
Aandi Inston wrote:
> "Brett" <myaccount@cygen.com> wrote:
>>"Aandi Inston" <quite@dial.pipex.con> wrote in message
>>
>>>and what size does it print?
>>
>>There is no indication of it on the printed pages.
>
> You say it prints small, but now you say there is no indication of
> size?  I mean, to measure with a ruler, not a printed text.

Brett might be under the misconception that PDF is similar to (basic)
HTML in that it can be viewed, and printed, at different text sizes from
extra small to extra large (as in Internet Explorer).

Michael

0
Michael
10/21/2003 2:42:40 PM
"Michael Hemmer" <mhemmer@nospam_samson.de> wrote in message
> Aandi Inston wrote:
> > "Brett" <myaccount@cygen.com> wrote:
> >>"Aandi Inston" <quite@dial.pipex.con> wrote in message
The

> >>There is no indication of it on the printed pages.
> >
> > You say it prints small, but now you say there is no indication of
> > size?  I mean, to measure with a ruler, not a printed text.
>
> Brett might be under the misconception that PDF is similar to (basic)
> HTML in that it can be viewed, and printed, at different text sizes from
> extra small to extra large (as in Internet Explorer).
>
> Michael

Or, he might have a document that trim marks on it. If fit to page is
checked when he prints it, the type will "get smaller," as the page is
shrunk to get those trim marks to fit. Cropping out the trim marks would
solve the problem.

-Mike

0
mike
10/21/2003 3:06:05 PM
"mike" <mdt34@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Michael Hemmer" <mhemmer@nospam_samson.de> wrote in message
> > Aandi Inston wrote:
> The

> > > You say it prints small, but now you say there is no indication of
> > > size?  I mean, to measure with a ruler, not a printed text.
> >
> > Brett might be under the misconception that PDF is similar to (basic)
> > HTML in that it can be viewed, and printed, at different text sizes from
> > extra small to extra large (as in Internet Explorer).
> >
> > Michael
>

> Or, he might have a document that trim marks on it. If fit to page is
> checked when he prints it, the type will "get smaller," as the page is
> shrunk to get those trim marks to fit. Cropping out the trim marks would
> solve the problem.
>
> -Mike
Is that a feature in the print feature of Acrobat?  I don't have it in front
of me but will try it.

Thanks,
Brett

0
Brett
10/21/2003 6:18:33 PM
> > Or, he might have a document that trim marks on it. If fit to page is
> > checked when he prints it, the type will "get smaller," as the page is
> > shrunk to get those trim marks to fit. Cropping out the trim marks would
> > solve the problem.
> >
> > -Mike
> Is that a feature in the print feature of Acrobat?  I don't have it in
front
> of me but will try it.
>
> Thanks,
> Brett

Yes.

0
mike

Print or Save a PDF document, as a PDF file, "2 up"?
OS X allows one to print most documents to a PDF file and/or to print documents "2 up" (2 pages/page) or even higher. But I can't seem to print a PDF document to a PDF file this way -- at least not from Adobe Acrobat. The OS X Print dialog says "Use Save, not Print", but Acrobat's Save As doesn't seem to have a 2-up option. How to do this? In article <siegman-3CA794.13163209042005@news.stanford.edu>, AES <siegman@stanford.edu> wrote: > OS X allows one to print most documents to a PDF file and/or to print > documents "2 up" ...

Printing Documents to PDF
Hi, =20 I want to print a large number of documents (Word,RTF) to PDF (in batch). =20 No interaction with the user. =20 What are my options? =20 =20 Thank you in advance=20 Jacques Lanoue (An other SAS guy) ...

printing text is very small
Hi folks, I am having a little trouble with my printing. I have to draw to a bit map , then print the bit map, as I am using a wxGraphicsContext. But my text size is tiny. I have looked at the printing example but i am not fully sure how it works , and if will work when drawing to a bit map then printing . Any help to work out a simplified version of the work around in the printing example. -- Jeffrey Roe, ...

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)

No text when printing from PDF
If I load the following document into !PDF it displays correctly but the text is missing when I print it. (http://rickman.orpheusweb.co.uk/nolink/premiumbonds/pdf) I don't have anything ticked in the display settings except "Highlight links". If I tick Bitmap mode the printout is completely blank. version numbers etc. PDF - 3.03.1.25alpha Printers - 1.75 with PS3 RISC OS - 5.20 ArtWorks - 2.X2 There is an easy bypass as the same file loads and prints correctly using ArtWorks, but it would be nice to know why !PDF behaves as it does. John -- John Rickman - http://rickman.orpheusweb.co.uk/lynx In article <7801589553.iyojohn@rickman.argonet.co.uk>, John Rickman Iyonix <rickman@argonet.co.uk> wrote: > If I load the following document into !PDF it displays correctly but > the text is missing when I print it. > (http://rickman.orpheusweb.co.uk/nolink/premiumbonds/pdf) > PDF - 3.03.1.25alpha > Printers - 1.75 with PS3 > RISC OS - 5.20 > ArtWorks - 2.X2 Prints perfectly here, directly from !PDF. PDF 3.03.1.25alpha Printers 1.81 with PS3 RISC OS 5.19 (ARMiniX) RICOH Aficio SP 430DN Might be !Printers (or the printer). Kind regards, Paul Sprangers In article <7801589553.iyojohn@rickman.argonet.co.uk>, John Rickman Iyonix <rickman@argonet.co.uk> wrote: > If I load the following document into !PDF it displays > correctly but ...

how to print pdf document
Hi: I cannot print a pdf document because the printing function is unavailable in Acrobat. How can I print it? Thanks. Gui Xie Ask the author... ...

javax.print: impossible to print a PDF/PS document with 2 pages per sheet?
- the dialog in javax.print.ServiceUI.printDialog does not allow to set a "number of pages per sheet" - the javax.print.attribute.standard.NumberUp does not seem to work, when added in the PrintRequestAttributeSet and used by the following methods: - PrintServiceLookup.lookupPrintServices - DocPrintJob.print ( doc flavour, PrintRequestAttributeSet) ...

Re: Printing Documents to PDF
On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 07:27:42 -0400, Lanoue, Jacques <JLanoue@MANNKINDCORP.COM> wrote: >Hi, > >I want to print a large number of documents (Word,RTF) to PDF (in >batch). > >No interaction with the user. > >What are my options? > >Thank you in advance >Jacques Lanoue (An other SAS guy) I would say a Word macro. That would be a no-SAS solution. Is there something which SAS is supposed to add? <hs AT dc-sug DOT org ("Howard Schreier)> wrote in message news:200810230239.m9MI9iG5024601@malibu.cc.uga.edu... > On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 07:27:42 -0400,...

PDF Document printing from the AS400
We have product information sheets which we include inside the box our product is sold in. Our production department want to be able to print on demand these sheets, but they want to do it from an AS400 screen. Is anyone familiar with a product(s) that can do document printing/serving from the AS400? These are static PDF files usually double sided that are printed in various colors of ink and on various types of paper. Ideally I would like to be able to create some kind of system whereby the user only has to select the items that he/she is packing and the product sheets would automa...

Add text into a PDF document
Hi all, I need some help to add some text into an existing PDF document. I seach with Google but the only thing that I see is some basic things like merge and split documents. I know how to do that. I had the paper version of the Adobe SDK but I can't find it any more. Can someone please help me with a few lines of code or a link to a side where I can find more information how to get the job done. Thanks in advance Tim ...

ANN: Fly Text to PDF

Deleting text from a PDF document?
I have been looking for a way to edit some existing PDF documents via c# or vb.net. I need to find and delete some text areas in the document somehow. From what i have gathered the text strings im looking for would look something like this in the file: 149 0 obj << /S 615 /Filter /FlateDecode /Length 150 0 R >> stream H�b```f``�������A�X��, = .. .. v+y�M^��D�.��2� �آ��,���1D JA � endstream endobj FlateDecode seems to be some compression format. So if i find a way to decompress this "FlateDecode", should i then be able to read the text, and figure out wh...

How to extract text from a PDF document
Hello, How can I extract text from a (MS Word) PDF file? I've tryed pdftotext but it only produce crap, not one readable cleartext sentence. :) Exists other (free) utilties to convert pdf to a text file or extract text? I think it must possible, because I also can copy and paste text from PDF documents. greetings Fabian Hello Fabian: You can try our product Chief-Win PDF Converter Personal Edition V1.1, convert PDF to word/text. You can download it through : http://www.chief-win.com/setup.exe, it allow 21 days free trial with full function. Or you can try Easy PDF To Text...

How to print a PDF document from Labview?
I am looking to create a paper copy of a PDF document.&nbsp; Note: I do&nbsp;NOT want to create a PDF document. &nbsp; In other words I want to print a PDF document from Lab View or Visual Basic or C#.&nbsp; The application is used in a production environment so I want a clean solution. &nbsp; The requirements are: 1) Be able to specify the output printer. 2) Set the quantity to print. 3) Specify the file to print. 4) Function returns when printing is complete 5) Silent operation, that means no popup boxes. &nbsp; Any help is appreciated. ...

print text to postscript/pdf
Hello. I am trying to either dump a string into a postscript file that I ultimately want to convert to a pdf. It looks like matlab supports printing figures to both pdf and postscript, but I have been unsuccessfull in printing a string to postscript/pdf or converting a file to postscript/pdf. I could do it manually, but I wanted to do it from the command line. Anyone have any suggestions? I thought about dumping it into a textbox in a figure window but I have too much text for that to be feasible. Thanks Chris Chris, Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm having the same p...

Is it possible to generate pdf document from multiple pdf documents in FOP
Hi all, I want to generate a single pdf document from multiple pdf documents using FOP. Is there any function or utility available in FOP, where I can send multiple pdf documents for generating the single document? i am using xml to get the pdf document using FOP.But i want to use the pdf douments in the document generation. please help me if somebody knows something related to this. thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions. renu ...

Problems Printing a PDF document
I have problems and its giving me an error message: "Printing is not supported on this printer--You were trying to print to a printer that does not use PostScript. This program requires a PostScript printer driver" I am running Solaris 10 x86 and how can I resolve this problem in order to print PDF docs? Thank you. Either you buy a PostScript printer, say a Samsung CLP-550N, or you tell us more about your current printer setup. Either you buy a PostScript printer, say a Samsung CLP-550N, or you tell us more about your current printer setup. Hello as400, as400 schrieb/wrote: ...

Printing PDF documents from Visual BASIC
Is there any way I can control the printing of PDF documents from within Visual BASIC 6.0? I need to be able to control which network printers the documents are printed on and I also need to specify which trays are used for printing. I know Adobe supply various SDKs, but do any of them control the printing of PDFs in this way? Thanks in advance David ------------------------------------- There's a component called XpdfPrint from Glyph and Cog that allows you to do this. It's a COM component (.NET wrapper available too) that allows you to: * Query connected printers & bins *...

Print Preview in long text document
Hello, I have created a long construction contract for a customer using a text box and merge fields.It has numbered paragraphs. The contract consists of a Title Header, Header and Body. The length of the document depends on the amount of items going into the job. I have set the text box and the individal items to slide up based on all above and to reduce the body part. Depending on how many items are in the contract, I knew we would have to do some adjustments to make the numbered items appear correctly (like wordprocessor widow/orphan feature, which FM does not offer) However, the r...

Printing multiple documents to a single PDF...
Hi NG, we are using acrobat 7 at our university. I tried to print my tax declaration to a PDF for archiving. This works when using the Adboe printer in the program. The only problem is, the tax program generates a lot of print jobs - one for each form - insteda of ONE job for all pages. So I amm prompted for about 20 Fielnames for the resulting PDFs. Afterrwards i can combine them which is a lot of work to do. Is there a way to tell Acrobat to put multiple print jobs in one file ? Regards Nicolas Nickisch My Mulps21PDF program can do that (for free) http://home.hccnet.nl/s.vd.palen Ste...

Converting a PDF document image to text
I prgramatically save a PDF document as text using automation. I then process the document in VB. However, my client now has one of his clients sending an image of a document in a PDF file. What is the best way to convert the PDF image file to text using VB? Thanks. Greg In article <jldi03dlmqcb5mr1fifrg5ok89mso45rok@4ax.com>, bookreader_1955 @yahoo.com says... > I prgramatically save a PDF document as text using automation. I then > process the document in VB. > > However, my client now has one of his clients sending an image of a > document in a PDF file. > &...

PDF Document printing from the AS400 #2
We have product information sheets which we include inside the box our product is sold in. Our production department want to be able to print on demand these sheets, but they want to do it from an AS400 screen. Is anyone familiar with a product(s) that can do document printing/serving from the AS400? These are static PDF files usually double sided that are printed in various colors of ink and on various types of paper. Ideally I would like to be able to create some kind of system whereby the user only has to select the items that he/she is packing and the product sheets would automatically...

Retrieving Digital Text From PDF Documents
Considering the purpose of PDF is to preserve the integrity of documents by limiting access to viewing and printing.. But what about the person who needs to conveniently retrieve digital text from a PDF document for correspondence and archive purposes? Is there a way, short of tediously printing, scanning and OCR'ing -- to conveniently OCR or otherwise convert the information into a digital form? (If I should be expected to know, I don't. I'm just trying to undo a roadblock to get things done.) William Laub bippo@execpc.com Hi William, I think you've missed th...

Print .pdf documents to ASCII Printers
Hi I am receiving .pdf document by some application which stores them in IFS. Now I d like to print them to printers on my LAN (non IPDS Printers). I did not find any command to print these .pdf files. Is there a way to do it or do I need some additional tools (and which)? thanks for your help Daniel Herren On top of my wishlist would be: PRTIFSOBJ OBJ('\ThePdfDocuments\Invoice123.pdf') OBJTYPE(*PDF) PRINTER(PRTHP4000) ;-) If you're open to a commercial option, our iSeries Office Integrator software can be used to automate PDF document printing. For more information or a FREE demo version of the Office Integrator, check out our web site or feel free to contact me directly. Regards, Richard Schoen RJS Software Systems Inc. "Providing Your....iNFORMATION NOW!" Email: richard@rjssoftware.com Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com Tel: (952) 898-3038 Fax: (952) 898-1781 Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT "Daniel" <nospampls.lapin@datacomm.ch> wrote in message news:fmtc61lao479tqjopktjgegto8qsfjqsd0@4ax.com... > Hi > > I am receiving .pdf document by some application which stores them in > IFS. > Now I d like to print them to printers on my LAN (non IPDS Printers). > I did not find any command to print these .pdf files. > > Is there a way to do it or do I need some additional tools (and > which)? > > thanks for your help > > Daniel Herren > > > > On top of my wishlist would...

Web resources about - Why does document print small? - comp.text.pdf

Identity document - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An identity document (also called a piece of identification or ID , or colloquially as one's 'papers') is any document which may be used to verify ...

Google commissions award-winning filmmakers to document the private race to the Moon [Video]
If you’ve ever been bored and felt like putting together some kind of tech project, Google suggested one back in 2007 – and there’s still time ...

Discuss the Office documents you share Skype comes to OneDrive
... and now there is another instance of the technology being leveraged. Skype is now being rolled into Office Online so when you share a document ...

Microsoft, Amazon file legal document in support of Apple's FBI fight
Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) and Amazon (Nasdaq: AMZN) are among technology industry powerhouses that this week filed a legal document in support ...

Yahoo is ready to talk about a deal and is asking potential buyers to sign confidentiality documents
For months, a few big companies and financial firms have expressed interest in acquiring Yahoo, while the internet company has tried its best ...

3 amendments that resulted in bank rally - Business Standard News New Document Widgets Magazine Widgets ...
More than the Budget announcement, it took an action from the central bank to revive the markets. Equity markets ended on a negative note on ...

Documents reveal what Trump actually said about his university
Republican front-runner's critics say the next 10 days are key to stopping him, and they're betting Trump University is their best weapon

Ancient documents reveal the 'incorrigible' abbot and other pestilences of medieval Christian England ...
More than 10,000 individual handwritten parchment folios that belonged to the Archbishops of York between 1225 and 1650 have been digitally scanned ...

The Secret DOJ Document That Would Stop You In Your Tracks
DOJ releases secret GPS tracking document to two House officials

Managing Personal Financial Documents
... how I do it. Before you get started, make sure to talk to your financial advisor or tax preparer to see if they have any organizing or document ...