"Error: Windows API error 6: The handle is invalid" #3

I am using Windows XP v5.1 (Service Pack 1) on a GenuineIntel
motherboard with a 500 MHx Pentium III processor.  I try to install the
basic version of MikTex 2.5 and get this error
"Error: Windows API error 6: The handle is invalid"
at the end of the installation.  Can anyone suggest a fix?  I am not
committed to MikTeX, only to getting LaTeX working on my machine.

Many thanks in advance,
Peter.

0
MajorSetback (104)

"Error: Windows API error 6: The handle is invalid"
I am using Windows XP v5.1 (Service Pack 1) on a GenuineIntel motherboard with a 500 MHx Pentium III processor. I try to install the basic version of MikTex 2.5 and get this error "Error: Windows API error 6: The handle is invalid" at the end of the installation. Can anyone suggest a fix? I am not committed to MikTeX, only to getting LaTeX working on my machine. Many thanks in advance, Peter. MajorSetback@excite.com wrote: > I am using Windows XP v5.1 (Service Pack 1) on a GenuineIntel > motherboard with a 500 MHx Pentium III processor. I try to install the > basic version of MikTex 2.5 and get this error > "Error: Windows API error 6: The handle is invalid" > at the end of the installation. Can anyone suggest a fix? I am not > committed to MikTeX, only to getting LaTeX working on my machine. > > Many thanks in advance, > Peter. I ran the installation again and it worked the second time. MajorSetback@excite.com writes: > MajorSetback@excite.com wrote: >> I am using Windows XP v5.1 (Service Pack 1) on a GenuineIntel >> motherboard with a 500 MHx Pentium III processor. I try to install the >> basic version of MikTex 2.5 and get this error >> "Error: Windows API error 6: The handle is invalid" >> at the end of the installation. Can anyone suggest a fix? I am not >> committed to MikTeX, only to getting LaTeX working on my machine. >> >> Many thanks in advan...

"Error: Windows API error 6: The handle is invalid" #2
I am using Windows XP v5.1 (Service Pack 1) on a GenuineIntel motherboard with a 500 MHx Pentium III processor. I try to install the basic version of MikTex 2.5 and get this error "Error: Windows API error 6: The handle is invalid" at the end of the installation. Can anyone suggest a fix? I am not committed to MikTeX, only to getting LaTeX working on my machine. Many thanks in advance, Peter. ...

"no error" errors
What is with the "no error" errors in Win32 ? I encountered yet another case, with bitblt, where the return value indicates error (0), but the call to getlasterror returns the "no error" code. This has occurred on several other calls, and I have to work around it by ignoring the error. In all these cases, the function appeared to work correctly, despite the error return. Is it just that it is so uncommon for people to actually check the error returns that some of them don't work ? -- Samiam is Scott A. Moore Personal web site: http:/www.moorecad.com/sco...

Call Windows API from C S-function,get error" error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ..."
Hello,everyone: I write a C S-Function , like the example "timestwo.c", named timestwo1.c "MEX timestwo1.c " and use it in simulink(Tools-->Real-Time Workshop->Build) ,It's running. But, when I add some codes in timestwo1.c, call Windows API,like this: timestwo1.c ... #include <windows.h> #pragma comment(lib, "ws2_32.lib") ... WSAStartup(MAKEWORD(2,2), &wsaData) .... mex timestwo1.c It is ok。 When I use the S-function in simulink(Tools-->Real-Time Workshop- >Build), get l...

Error: VHDL Use Clause error at quartustest.vhd(6): design library "IEEE" does not contain primary unit "std_logic_textio"
use quartus 5.0 when compile a project, give this messege: Error: VHDL Use Clause error at quartustest.vhd(6): design library "IEEE" does not contain primary unit "std_logic_textio" how can i solve? TEXTIO is intended for simulation alone, not for synthesis, since Quartus is a synthesizer it doesn't like it. Why do you have that in your RTL file? Or may be you are passing your tetsbench file to Quartus? Regards Ajeetha, CVC www.noveldv.com feiyang wrote: > use quartus 5.0 > when compile a project, give this messege: > Error: VHDL Use Clause error at quartus...

Why is the difference between "Error Out.ctl" and "Error Out 3D.ctl"?
&nbsp; What is 'Error Out 3D.ctl' in LabVIEW 7.0? [It's found in 'Controls > Array & Cluster'.] Does it differ functionally from the old 'Error Out.ctl' found in 'Controls > Classic Controls > Classic Array & Cluster'? Or are the differences simply cosmetic? Neither of these controls seems to have an entry in LabVIEW Help. &nbsp; Oops - 'Why is' == 'What is' > Does it differ functionally from the old 'Error Out.ctl' found in > 'Controls > Classic Controls > Classic Array & Cluster'...

MAC SE: "Bomb" "Sys Error" / Address error" at start
Stephen Buggie (505) 863-2390 Psychology Department Univ. of New Mexico, Gallup February 15, 2006 200 College Road Gallup NM 87301 buggie@unm.edu NEED RESCUE DISK! MAC SE -- BOMB System Error / Address Error ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dear Macintosh experts, My Mac SE crashes at power-up. I gives the bell-chime, then it proceeds though the launch sequence. After showing two extension-icons, it crashes. Then a dialogue-box shows the BOMB icon with the message, SORRY, A SYSTEM ERROR HAS OCCURRED --- ADDRESS ERROR It never reaches the desktop; this crash occurs every time. The Mac SE has a 330 meg internal hard drive, System 6.x.x, and a 1.4 meg internal 3.5 floppy drive. There is a SCSI port but no internal CD reader. The b/w screen is extremely sharp in its focus. The computer worked fine until about a year ago, when I stupidly put a file in the wrong folder. It has crashed consistently ever since! It has an assortment of software on the hard drive, but I have backups of everything and am willing to reformat the entire hard drive if necessary to get the computer working again! If I can resurrect the computer, I hope to upgrade the system to System 7.0 or 7.1 . DONE SO FAR: Yes, I have launched it with shift-key down, to turn off the extensions, but it always crashes Ive also tried vari...

subprocess "handle is invalid" error
I'm trying to use the py-gnuplot module on windows, and have been unable to get it to work reliably under Win2K and WinXP. By default, it uses popen(gnuplotcmd,'w'), but in some situations that consistently gets an "invalid operand" IOError when write() is called on the pipe. So I switched to subprocess. It works fine when executed "normally" (e.g. "python progname.py"), but when bundled by py2exe, it always does this: Traceback (most recent call last): File "surfedit.py", line 28, in ? File "Gnuplot\_Gnuplot.pyc", li...

What is "error 8"
I set up an external serial modem using the Red Hat GUI networking tool as a generic modem device. However, when I hit the "Activate" button, I get the message, "Failed to activate device with error 8." Where can I find what "error 8" means? Thanks. No one responded, but for the benefit of any other newbies who encounter this problem, here is the solution: I looked in the System Log and saw that the modem did not find a dial tone. I plugged in a phone line, and the "Activate" command worked fine. (I had not realized that "Activate" meant "Connect.") Crooked River wrote: > I set up an external serial modem using the Red Hat GUI networking tool > as a generic modem device. However, when I hit the "Activate" button, > I get the message, "Failed to activate device with error 8." Where can > I find what "error 8" means? > System error numbers can be found in /usr/include/asm/errno.h The only problem is that there is no assurance that that is what the program is displaying. #define ENOEXEC 8 /* Exec format error */ does not sound like what you are really getting. The best bet would be to look at the source of the program that is producing that error message. Unfortunately, the scattered shell scripts, programs, and whatnot concerned with networking, especially dial-up networking is a spaghetti mess, and if your ...

When using "error" should the error message and error information be the same?
I wrote a Tcl package for a proprietary product which makes heavy usage of the "error" command. To this time when I return an error I use the command set errMsg "An Error Message" error $errMsg $errMsg I was wondering if maybe I was using the arguments incorrectly here or if in reality there is no real difference between the two other than when it is available to the user (along with the returned stack when using $errorInfo). Eddie Borjas wrote: > I wrote a Tcl package for a proprietary product which makes heavy > usage of the "error" command. To this time when I return an error I > use the command > > set errMsg "An Error Message" > error $errMsg $errMsg > > I was wondering if maybe I was using the arguments incorrectly here or > if in reality there is no real difference between the two other than > when it is available to the user (along with the returned stack when > using $errorInfo). First off, consider using the newer [return -error] construct instead of [error]. Now to answer your question, IMHO no they should not be the same. The return value should be a nice user level error message. The errorInfo part should also be human readable, but aimed at a programmer. Lastly, IMHO you should always be giving the errorCode value, which should be a list that is designed to be more "program" friendly. -- +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | G...

"unknown mailer error 4" "unknown mailer error 32"
Hi Im running sendmail 8.12.9 on Solaris 8. I got "unknown mailer error 4" and "unknown mailer error 32". What does these messages mean ? Please teach me. Below is maillog. Jun 9 05:50:21 mailserver sendmail[21744]: [ID 801593 mail.info] h58Ke8TK021744: to="|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper sequencer -l mailinglist -n -h localdomain mailinglist-outgoing", ctladdr=<mailinglist@localdomain> (1/0), delay=00:10:21, xdelay=00:10:13, mailer=prog, pri=48014, dsn=5.3.0, stat=unknown mailer error 4 Jun 9 05:51:24 mailserver sendmail[21744]: [ID 801593 mail.info] h5...

WriteFile() function "The handle is invalid" Error
Hi, I am trying to create a file on disc then write and read 4KB of data to and from this file. At the same time I would like to make use of the FILE_ATTRIBUTE_TEMPORARY flag on creation. The WriteFile fails - I get error #6 "The handle is invalid" and dont know why this is happen :-((((( Here is a some sample code. Can any one help out? toFile = CreateFile( name, GENERIC_READ | GENERIC_WRITE, FILE_SHARE_READ | FILE_SHARE_WRITE, NULL, CREATE_NEW, FILE_FLAG_OVERLAPPED | FILE_ATTRIBUTE_TEMPORARY, NULL); OVERLAPPED overlap; overlap.Offset = 0; o...

"Invalid Handle passed to database" error
We've upgraded our operating systems from WindowsNT to Windows XP Pro. Since then, our PB 7.0 apllication is giving out the following error message: "Invalid Handle passed to database". This happens sometimes when retrieving lists. When we restart the application and retrieve the exact same list, it just works fine. What could be the problem? Gandalf ...

"paper is jammed" "at the transport" error message-Canon Mp830 (false error)
I keep getting this error every time I print. It tells me there is paper stuck in the rear section of the printer.. I check, but nothing is there.. To print I close the front compartment then click ok after first opening and closing the drawer where the paper is in the front (using the front loader not the rear in fact). but after every page it says this. Has anyone run into this or found a fix? Thanks >From Canon Self Help site: E-mail this solution Print this solution Title Print E-mail How to remove jammed paper (sheet feeder) Case Id: 40766 Solutions ...

Custom error-handling creates "500 internal server error"
Hi there, For AJAX-calls I'm buffering my output, check for errors and if an error oc= curred print a custom, json-formatted error message. If everything works as= expected, the buffered output is printed. I don't send any headers in my s= cript, but for some reason if an error occurs and my buffering's on, I get = a "500 (Internal Server Error)" as response-header. If I switch off my cust= om error-handling an the same error is thrown, PHP responds with a "200 OK"= .. How can that be? My code's this: // Suppress normal error output ini_set('display_...

"Invalid handle object" error when using GUIDE
Hello, I'm writing GUI with guide and get an error message "Invalid handle object". What I try to do is a button group with two radio buttons. When one radio button is selected ('auto') some two parameters are estimated automatically and with selection of the other button ('const') user can define these two parameters him/herself. I don't really know how to make it properly also with highliting and disabling/enabling editing of the corresponding parameters fields. I already had these two parameter 'edit text' fields working fine without automatic est...

CSS validator error: "Invalid number : borderParse Error
Could some kind soul explain the errors and warnings that the W3C CSS validator generates for page: http://www.atlis.nl/testsite/nl/ Results at: http://tinyurl.com/5pxqx The error "Invalid number : borderParse Error - [empty string]" may be due to something I've done, but I'm blowed if I can see what. While the warning "property display doesn't exist for media" has me baffled. -- Stephen Poley http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbpoley/webmatters/ Stephen Poley wrote: > Could some kind soul explain the errors and warnings that > the W3C CSS...

error: ";" expected, "=" found.
Hey there, I been running some programs and saving some of my data, just by selecting the variables in the workspace and saving... However sometimes when i do this and try to reopen them, im given the error message: error: ";" expected, "=" found. and im unable to retrieve the data, any help please???? Ben Parslew wrote: > > Hey there, > > I been running some programs and saving some of my data, just by > selecting the variables in the workspace and saving... However > sometimes when i do this and try to reopen them, im given the error > message: ...

Re: Avoiding "Invalid numeric data" errors #3
My personal preference is for something along the lines of: if not verify(var_char,"0123456789.- ") then var_num=input(var_char, 8.); else put "NOTE: Can't convert value: " var_char=; That way you'll get a printout of the ones that don't convert automatically, so maybe you can 'rescue' some of them - such as "<1". On 10/2/06, chris@oview.co.uk <chris@oview.co.uk> wrote: > Paul, > > First, you should be using an "input" function, not a "put", in the > code below. SAS often lets you get away with this...

"Implement Design" Error on ISE 6.3 webpack
I'm getting an error during the translate portion of the implement design section and I have no clue what it is about: ERROR:NgdBuild:455 - logical net 'blt_blitter_o_memAddr<0>_cyo' has multiple drivers. The possible drivers causing this are: pin G on block XST_GND with type GND, pin PAD on block blt_blitter_o_memAddr<0>_cyo with type PAD ERROR:NgdBuild:462 - input pad net 'blt_blitter_o_memAddr<0>_cyo' drives multiple buffers. Possible pins causing this are: : pin I on block dll_rstpad with type IBUF, pin I on block w_extCe_OBU...

error message:" labview 7.1 development system has encountunered an error" #3
sir, &nbsp; my labview program is abruptly shutting down upon compilation using CRIO-7831, it was working good earlier, but the problem is persisting since i made some changes in the code, iam attaching the vi to this mail, suggest if i need to make any changes to solve this problem. &nbsp; vamsi elevator_display.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/177499/1/elevator_display.vi ...

Kadmin error: "kadmin: GSS-API (or Kerberos) error while initializing kadmin interface"
Hi There, I'm setting up a test kerberos/afs realm and I'm having a problem with kadmin. kadmin and kadmin.local run fine from the kdc, but kadmin gives the folloowing error when run from another machine: kadmin: GSS-API (or Kerberos) error while initializing kadmin interface The krbadm log shows no output, but kadmin.log on the kdc shows the following: Oct 11 23:15:02 kdc1 kadmind[3821](Notice): Request: kadm5_init, coeadmin/admin@MYREALM.COM, success, client=coeadmin/admin@MYREALM.COM, service=kadmin/admin@MYREALM.COM, addr=x.x.x.191, flavor=300001 I can kinit and everything else from the client, I just can't run kadmin. both client and server are RHEL4 with MIT krb5-1.5.1. compiled from source. I get the same error using RedHat's kadmin and the source-compiled one. kdc1 is the server and as1 is the client # on kdc kadmin: listprincs K/M@MYREALM.COM coeadmin/admin@MYREALM.COM host/as1.myrealm.com@MYREALM.COM host/kdc1.myrealm.com@MYREALM.COM kadmin/admin@MYREALM.COM kadmin/kdc1.myrealm.com@MYREALM.COM kadmin/changepw@MYREALM.COM kadmin/history@MYREALM.COM krbtgt/MYREALM.COM@MYREALM.COM I had fixed a previous error about not having kadmin/kdc.myrealm.com in the DB by adding the service principal. Now I have no errors in any of the logs, just an error on the console when I run kadmin What am I missing? Jason Edgecombe Solaris & Linux Administrator Mosaic Computing Group, College of Engineering UNC-Charlotte Phone: (704) 687-3514 ______________...

Protocol specific error code(s): "*", "*", "0".
I am using the ibm_db2 PECL drive in PHP for connecting to or DB2 database. I created a persistent connection and things seemed to work fine at first. However, after a few tests / connections, I started to get this error when running through my queries: [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location where the error was detected: "10.26.243.61". Communication function detecting the error: "recv". Protocol specific error code(s): "*", "*", "0". SQLSTATE=08001 SQLCODE=-30081 Any help would be great, thanks! On Feb 13, 8:44 am, "Brent Halsey" <brent.hal...@gmail.com> wrote: > I am using the ibm_db2 PECL drive in PHP for connecting to or DB2 > database. I created a persistent connection and things seemed to work > fine at first. However, after a few tests / connections, I started to > get this error when running through my queries: [IBM][CLI Driver] > SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication > protocol being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: > "SOCKETS". Location where the error was detected: "10.26.243.61". > Communication function detecting the error: "recv". Protocol specific > error code(s): "*", "*", "0". SQLSTATE=0800...

Error using SOPC builder
I'm trying to make a SDRAM controller with SOPC builder, but when I change the data width to 8bits I get the following error.. Warning: Signal "az_be_n" of type "byteenable_n" and width 1 must have width of 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128. I'm trying to make the system for a 64Mb SDR SDRAM, Micron MT48LC8M8A2P-75. Even when I select the Alliance AS4LC2M8S0-10 chip it does the same thing. So I'm guessing it has to do with a width of 8 bits. Thank you, Eric On Oct 18, 12:39 pm, sendt...@gmail.com wrote: > I'm trying to make a SDRAM controller with SOPC build...

Web resources about - "Error: Windows API error 6: The handle is invalid" #3 - comp.text.tex