[fourier] getting rid of irritating font-encoding-changes warnings

When using the `fourier' package, one gets the warnings (harmless, they
tell me) about font-encoding changes following at the end of my post.

How can I get LaTeX not to mention them anymore?  They take up valuable
screen real-estate in the "Log & Messages"-window of my editor (Kile).

TIA,

Erik

The warnings I spoke of:

/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/fourier/fourier.sty:50: Encoding `OT1' has
changed to `T1' for symbol font(Font) `operators' in the math version
`normal' on input line 50. Encoding `OT1' has changed to `T1' for symbol
font(Font) `operators' in the math version `normal'
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/fourier/fourier.sty:50: Encoding `OT1' has
changed to `T1' for symbol font(Font) `operators' in the math version
`bold' on input line 50. Encoding `OT1' has changed to `T1' for symbol
font(Font) `operators' in the math version `bold'
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/fourier/fourier.sty:59: Encoding `OML' has
changed to `FML' for symbol font(Font) `letters' in the math version
`normal' on input line 59. Encoding `OML' has changed to `FML' for symbol
font(Font) `letters' in the math version `normal'
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/fourier/fourier.sty:59: Encoding `OML' has
changed to `FML' for symbol font(Font) `letters' in the math version
`bold' on input line 59. Encoding `OML' has changed to `FML' for symbol
font(Font) `letters' in the math version `bold'
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/fourier/fourier.sty:113: Encoding `OMS' has
changed to `FMS' for symbol font(Font) `symbols' in the math version
`normal' on input line 113. Encoding `OMS' has changed to `FMS' for symbol
font(Font) `symbols' in the math version `normal'
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/fourier/fourier.sty:113: Encoding `OMS' has
changed to `FMS' for symbol font(Font) `symbols' in the math version
`bold' on input line 113. Encoding `OMS' has changed to `FMS' for symbol
font(Font) `symbols' in the math version `bold'
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/fourier/fourier.sty:114: Encoding `OMX' has
changed to `FMX' for symbol font(Font) `largesymbols' in the math version
`normal' on input line 114. Encoding `OMX' has changed to `FMX' for symbol
font(Font) `largesymbols' in the math version `normal'
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/fourier/fourier.sty:114: Encoding `OMX' has
changed to `FMX' for symbol font(Font) `largesymbols' in the math version
`bold' on input line 114. Encoding `OMX' has changed to `FMX' for symbol
font(Font) `largesymbols' in the math version `bold'
../test.tex:0: Marginpar on page 9 moved by 19.41867pt.
0
equaeghe (368)

Erik Quaeghebeur <equaeghe@nospammail.net>  schrieb:

> When using the `fourier' package, one gets the warnings (harmless,
> they tell me) about font-encoding changes following at the end of my
> post.
>
> How can I get LaTeX not to mention them anymore?  They take up
> valuable screen real-estate in the "Log & Messages"-window of my
> editor (Kile).

Je pense la plupart viennent de LaTeX. Tu pourrai essayer ceci avant le
paquet:

\makeatletter
\def\@font@info#1{}
\makeatother

Ces messages ne sont pas des warnings, mais des informations.

--
Ulrike Fischer
e-mail: zus�tzlich meinen Vornamen vor dem @ einf�gen.
Ulrike Fischer <news@nililand.de>  schrieb:

> Je pense la plupart viennent de LaTeX. Tu pourrai essayer ceci avant le
> paquet:

Sorry about the french. I got confused ;-).

--
Ulrike Fischer
e-mail: zus�tzlich meinen Vornamen vor dem @ einf�gen.
e-mail: add my first name between the news and the @.
0
news9686 (1970)

--8323328-1918802699-1136923532=:10592

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, Ulrike Fischer wrote:

> Sorry about the french. I got confused ;-).

Pas de probl�me.
--8323328-1918802699-1136923532=:10592--
0
equaeghe (368)
1/10/2006 8:05:32 PM
On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, Ulrike Fischer wrote:

> Je pense la plupart viennent de LaTeX. Tu pourrai essayer ceci avant le
> paquet:
>
> \makeatletter
> \def\@font@info#1{}
> \makeatother

This does not seem to work (no change whatsoever).

> Ces messages ne sont pas des warnings, mais des informations.

It's a question of semantics of course, but in my log file I find
(excerpt):

(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/fourier/fourier.sty
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/fontenc.sty
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/t1enc.def))
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/textcomp.sty
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/ts1enc.def))
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/fourier/fourier-orns.sty)

LaTeX Font Warning: Encoding `OT1' has changed to `T1' for symbol font
(Font)              `operators' in the math version `normal' on input line
50.

LaTeX Font Warning: Encoding `OT1' has changed to `T1' for symbol font
(Font)              `operators' in the math version `bold' on input line
50.

LaTeX Font Warning: Encoding `OML' has changed to `FML' for symbol font
(Font)              `letters' in the math version `normal' on input line
59.

LaTeX Font Warning: Encoding `OML' has changed to `FML' for symbol font
(Font)              `letters' in the math version `bold' on input line 59.

LaTeX Font Warning: Encoding `OMS' has changed to `FMS' for symbol font
(Font)              `symbols' in the math version `normal' on input line
113.

LaTeX Font Warning: Encoding `OMS' has changed to `FMS' for symbol font
(Font)              `symbols' in the math version `bold' on input line
113.

LaTeX Font Warning: Encoding `OMX' has changed to `FMX' for symbol font
(Font)              `largesymbols' in the math version `normal' on input
line 1
14.

LaTeX Font Warning: Encoding `OMX' has changed to `FMX' for symbol font
(Font)              `largesymbols' in the math version `bold' on input
line 114
..

)

Erik
0
equaeghe (368)
1/10/2006 8:19:31 PM
Erik Quaeghebeur wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
>
>> Ces messages ne sont pas des warnings, mais des informations.
>>
> It's a question of semantics of course, but in my log file I find
> (excerpt):

It's more than just a question of semantic!

> [...]
> LaTeX Font Warning: Encoding `OT1' has changed to `T1' for symbol font
> (Font)              `operators' in the math version `normal' on input
> [...]

These messages are warning ones in (La)TeX point of view... and just
infos in fourier point of view.  Fourier writes always these messages.

   Jean-C�me Charpentier

--8323328-1060533630-1137009394=:10547

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, Jean-C�me Charpentier wrote:
>>  [...]
>>  LaTeX Font Warning: Encoding `OT1' has changed to `T1' for symbol font
>>  (Font)              `operators' in the math version `normal' on input
>>  [...]
>
> These messages are warning ones in (La)TeX point of view... and just infos in
> fourier point of view.  Fourier writes always these messages.

Ok, but how do I get rid of them?  Can I prevent fourier outputting them?

Erik
--8323328-1060533630-1137009394=:10547--
0
equaeghe (368)
1/11/2006 7:56:34 PM
Erik Quaeghebeur wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, Jean-C�me Charpentier wrote:
>
>>>  [...]
>>>  LaTeX Font Warning: Encoding `OT1' has changed to `T1' for symbol font
>>>  (Font)              `operators' in the math version `normal' on input
>>>  [...]
>>

>> These messages are warning ones in (La)TeX point of view... and just
>> infos in fourier point of view.  Fourier writes always these messages.
>

> Ok, but how do I get rid of them?  Can I prevent fourier outputting them?

This request is somewhere strange.  Well, I don't know for fourier but
you can ask latex itself to shut up :-)

\documentclass{article}

\makeatletter
\def\SetSymbolFont@#1#2#3{%
   \expandafter\in@\expandafter#1\expandafter{\version@list}%
   \ifin@
     \expandafter\in@\expandafter#3\expandafter{\group@list}%
     \ifin@
       \begingroup
         \expandafter\get@cdp\string#2\@nil\reserved@a
         \toks@{}%
         \def\install@mathalphabet##1##2{%
              \addto@hook\toks@{\install@mathalphabet##1{##2}}%
             }%
         \def\getanddefine@fonts##1##2{%
           \ifnum##1=#3%
              \addto@hook\toks@{\getanddefine@fonts#3#2}%
              \expandafter\get@cdp\string##2\@nil\reserved@b
%             \ifx\reserved@a\reserved@b\else
%                \@font@warning{Encoding `\reserved@b' has changed
%                    to `\reserved@a' for symbol font\MessageBreak
%                   `\expandafter\@gobblefour\string#3' in the
%                    math version `\expandafter
%                    \@gobblefour\string#1'}%
%             \fi
              \@font@info{%
                 Overwriting symbol font
                 `\expandafter\@gobblefour\string#3' in
                  version `\expandafter
                 \@gobblefour\string#1'\MessageBreak
                 \@spaces \expandafter\@gobble\string##2 -->
                          \expandafter\@gobble\string#2}%
           \else
              \addto@hook\toks@{\getanddefine@fonts##1##2}%
           \fi}%
          #1%
          \xdef#1{\the\toks@}%
       \endgroup
     \else
        \@latex@error{Symbol font `\expandafter\@gobblefour\string#3'
                   not defined}\@eha
     \fi
   \else
     \@latex@error{Math version `\expandafter\@gobblefour\string#1'
        is not
        defined}{You probably mispelled the name of the math
        version.^^JOr you have to specify an additional package.}%
   \fi
}
\makeatother

\usepackage{fourier}
\begin{document}
Some text
\end{document}

It looks not very serious I think.

   Jean-C�me Charpentier
Jean-C�me Charpentier schrieb:

> [a complicated macro definition]
> It looks not very serious I think.

Instead, try

\makeatletter
   \let\@font@info\@gobble
   \let\@font@warning\@gobble
\makeatother

in the document preamble.

HTH
Walter
0
w.a.schmidt (119)
1/11/2006 11:50:58 PM
 Walter Schmidt <w.a.schmidt@fantasymail.de> writes:
>Jean-C�me Charpentier schrieb:
>
>> [a complicated macro definition]
>> It looks not very serious I think.
>
>Instead, try
>
>\makeatletter
>   \let\@font@info\@gobble
>   \let\@font@warning\@gobble
>\makeatother
>
>in the document preamble.

actually, i would be inclined to have:

\makeatletter
   \let\my@@font@warning\@font@warning
   \let\@font@warning\@font@info
\makeatother
%
\usepackage{fourier}
%
\makeatletter
   \let\@font@warning\my@@font@warning
\makeatother

it's just possible that something _significant_ might be missed,
later, by leaving the warning in its mostly-silent state.

otoh, i think this example makes one wonder whether the operation in
question _ought_ to be info rather than warning.  of course, it's not
going to change in current latex, but worth thinking about for the
future.
--
Robin Fairbairns, Cambridge
0
On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Robin Fairbairns wrote:

> Walter Schmidt <w.a.schmidt@fantasymail.de> writes:
>>
>> \makeatletter
>>   \let\@font@info\@gobble
>>   \let\@font@warning\@gobble
>> \makeatother
>>
>> in the document preamble.
>
> actually, i would be inclined to have:
>
> \makeatletter
>   \let\my@@font@warning\@font@warning
>   \let\@font@warning\@font@info
> \makeatother
> %
> \usepackage{fourier}
> %
> \makeatletter
>   \let\@font@warning\my@@font@warning
> \makeatother
>
> it's just possible that something _significant_ might be missed,
> later, by leaving the warning in its mostly-silent state.

Thanks, Walter & Robin, that worked perfectly.

Erik
0
equaeghe (368)

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)

Did Debian's text console font change recently? How to get the old one back?
Hello. On 9/24/2009 night, I had to reboot (shutdown -r now) my old Debian box after over 150 days of uptime due to a hard X crash (found out it was from Compiz crashing in KDE v3.5.10; see http://forum.compiz-fusion.org/showthread.php?t=11946 for details [still unresolved as I type this]). When I booted up, I noticed the text console font looked different as thin, slightly bigger, etc. They reminded me of Windows XP's ugly text fonts when running chkdsk. I do not use GUI/X and go directly to text mode login when booting up Debian/Linux. I prefer the old font (http://androidzaurus.up.se...

behaviour of the text widget (font size change -> height change)
Hi, I just realized, that increasing the text widgets font size results in increasing its height and width. The height and width are specified in "lines" and "characters", so that it is logical to increase the text widgets geometry if the font size increases. But ... who can I get rid of this behaviour? In my case increasing the font size results in "pushing" other widgets/ controls from the screen, and as normal user it is hard to get them back. Any idea? Best regards, Martin MartinLemburg@Siemens-PLM wrote: > Hi, > > I just realized, that incre...

Getting rid of warnings
Hello all, I usually try to get my code clean enough so that no warnings remain at compile time. So I'm annoyed by the 2 following warnings which I can't get rid of. Suggestions (in the form of code rewrite or #pragma) are welcome. Exemple 1: #define MAX_TRACES 100 int NbTraces=0; // Set somewhere else in the program void F(void) { int i, Idx[MAX_TRACES]; for (j=0; j<MAX_TRACES; j++) Idx[j]=0; // Doesn't change anything for (j=0; j<MAX_TRACES; j++) GetSomething(&Idx[j]); for (j=0; j<NbTraces; j++) i = Idx[j]; } The last line gives me: Warning: Local 'Idx'...

How to get rid of warnings?

Changing the font encoding
Is it possible to change the font encoding (i.e. from wxFONTENCODING_DEFAULT TO wxFONTENCODING_MAC) without setting each used font? What happens if the encoding is changed for just one font? Are different encodings used for different fonts? O. Wyss -- See "http://wxguide.sourceforge.net/" for ideas how to design your app. On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 09:09:21 +0200 Otto Wyss <otto.wyss@bluewin.ch> wrote: OW> Is it possible to change the font encoding (i.e. from OW> wxFONTENCODING_DEFAULT TO wxFONTENCODING_MAC) without setting each used OW> font? Fotns cre...

Fourier font warnings
I have installed fourier.sty and all the accompanying fonts on my system (MiKTeX 2.4). Yap seems to find all the fonts without trouble and everything appears to display just fine. The only problem is a series of font warnings that LaTeX emits (shown below). I am not sure that I am interpreting them correctly -- is this just fourier.sty telling me that it is substituting CM in certain cases because I don't have the Utopia Expert fonts, or is this something I need to be worried about? Incidentally, the fourier.sty currently on CTAN gives \fileversion{1.2} while <Pine.LNX.4.58.0404020956090.18917@lucy.proteosys> indicates that the latest version on CTAN should be 1.3. I imagine this is just a typo, but thought I'd point it out just in case.... alan LaTeX Font Warning: Encoding `OT1' has changed to `T1' for symbol font (Font) `operators' in the math version `normal' on input line 48. LaTeX Font Info: Overwriting symbol font `operators' in version `normal' (Font) OT1/cmr/m/n --> T1/futs/m/n on input line 48. LaTeX Font Warning: Encoding `OT1' has changed to `T1' for symbol font (Font) `operators' in the math version `bold' on input line 48. LaTeX Font Info: Overwriting symbol font `operators' in version `bold' (Font) OT1/cmr/bx/n --> T1/futs/m/n on input line 48. LaTeX Font Info: Redeclaring symbol font `letters' on input line 74. La...

How do I get rid of this warning?
Patterned after the solution suggested in the perlmodlib man page, I wrote the following code: ==================== This is file b.pm #!/usr/local/bin/perl -w use strict; package b; sub f { print "BBBBBBBB @_\n"; } eval join('', <main::DATA>) || die $@ unless caller(); 1 __END__ package main; b::f(@ARGV); ================================= When called this from the command line, say: b.pm X it works fine. But when I use it as a module, say from this context: ===================== This is file p.pl #!/usr/local/bin/perl -w use strict; use b; b::f('X'); ====...

Getting rid of warnings
I am trying to get rid of a few annoying warnings in my project - I have got rid of most of them but a few remain which I cant seem to get rid of. The first one is while using FD_SET/FD_CLR for adding and clearing sockets. I get the warning: warning C4127: conditional expression is constant The other one is using SetWindowLongPtr. I did have two warnings for this but managed to cast the result to get rid of one warning. I cant get rid of the last warning though. My code is: mOldWndProc = (WNDPROC)(long long)SetWindowLongPtr(mHwnd, GWLP_WNDPROC, (LONG_PTR)SkinWndProc); ...

get rid of warning
After I download some software from a place like macupdate, I install it and then I try it out. But first I get a warning: "such and such app" was downloaded from the internet are you sure you want to open it? Yes, I *know* I downloaded it from the internet. I chose to. And yes, I *do* want to open it � that's why I double clicked it! Is there a place where I can choose to not have those warnings? (iMac, 2.66GHz, 4GB RAM, 10.5.7) -- Michael Fogler http://MichaelFogler.com In article <guitarist-6DC91C.08070308072009@netnews.insightbb.com>, Michael Fogler <gui...

How do I change the email text font?
I need to darken it, It is now light gray on white background, and I have difficulty reading the texts. Thanks On 10 Feb 2010 11:32:14 GMT, Han <nobody@nospam.not> wrote: > >Tools|Options|Fonts Tried this - couldn't get it to change email body My settings: Message - proportional - arial black fixed width - courier new size - largest Printer - font - arial black size - largest Screen - font - arial black size - largest > >If that doesn't work, turn OFF use microsoft ...

Changing font size of text
Hi, I'm working with a rather large Simulink model and most of the blocks are put into subsystems. For a good overview I use masks to give each subsystem a name (I prefer this over the name under the block). If I use "fit the system to view" the text on the blocks becomes very small. Is there a way to change the font size of text with the drawing commands? ...

What is the meaning of this warning, and how do I get rid of it?
I have a portion of code along the following lines: volatile unsigned char x ; unsigned int f(unsigned char *y) ; When I do unsigned int z = f(&x) ; the compiler issues the following warning: warning: passing arg 1 of `f' discards qualifiers from pointer target type What does this exactly mean? How do I change my code so that the compiler is happy about it? James H. Newman wrote: > I have a portion of code along the following > lines: > > volatile unsigned char x ; &g...

How to Get Rid of Orange Warnings
I ran this exact code earlier this week and it took awhile, but it finally worked. Now when I try and run it, it gives me an error. Can anyone figure out what would be going wrong? Thankss! clear clc theta1=.3; k=18.4; alpha=k/1703703.704; N=.5; for h=50:90; for j=100:500; for LR= 100:250; for l= 1:150; L=l*.01; V=.0001*j; a1=(V*L)/alpha; a0=((2*h*L)/k)*(LR); lmda1=(a1 + (sqrt((a1^2)+4*a0)))/2; lmda2=(a1 - (sqrt((a1^2)+4*a0)))/2; c1=(theta...

How to get rid off warnings/errors
Hi members, I'm using the barrayserver which works perfect for my use. I use it the following way : auStruct := {{"van", "N", 10, 3},; {"tot", "N", 10, 3},; {"wanddikte", "N", 5, 2},; {"diameter", "N", 10, 3}} SELF:ohoogte:=bArrayServer{auStruct,,BINACTIVE} SELF:ohoogte:Append() SELF:ohoogte:van:=5.1 Now in an attempt to clean up my code i set the compiler in the "warnings as error" mode. Now it complains that : 1. Variable VAN in entity xxxx is not ...

Get Rid of Warning Box
Hello: I just upgraded to VB 6.0 (late bloomer)..anyway, I am using the datagrid control and when the user does not fill in a specific cell, I don't want the changes saved. So, I put a procedure in the "BeforeUpdate" event and allow the user to choose to fill in the cell or not save the newly inserted (or changed) information. However, after the msgbox asks the user to make a decision, the system also sends a popup that says "Action is Cancelled"...I don't want that "Action is Cancelled" popup...how do I suppress it? I also noted that there is no "SetFocus" for controls on a Grid. CAn you set the focus to a specific cell in the grid? If so, how do I do that? If the user says they want to fill in the cell they missed, I could set them back in that specific cell. Anyway, any assistance would help. . . and Thanks in advance. JP ...

change caption font without changing list of figures font?
Hi, I'd like to change the font of my figure, table etc. captions without it changing in the list of figures, tables etc. Can anyone give me a pointer on how to go about this? regards, ns northsolomonsea@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > I'd like to change the font of my figure, table etc. captions without > it changing in the list of figures, tables etc. Can anyone give me a > pointer on how to go about this? > regards, ns those are independent anyway, but I guess you have tried something like \caption{\textbf{test}}, that is not the way to go see the caption package /daleif ...

Warning from Amos: how to get rid of it
Hi! My Amos lisence expired. I removed the program since the next version is available soon. Now a window (blue stripe above with text "SPSS for Windows" and a yellow ! triangle on gray background with remark "One of the required keys (launch or Menu) for application Amos4-0 was missing. No menu item will be added for it." Followed by OK button) appears in every start. Clicking OK-button in the box lets me to continue, but I would like to have it normal again. Suggestions? Erkki _________________________________________________________________ gsm 040-5024491 <http://www.helsinki.fi/people/Erkki.Komulainen/> "Erkki Komulainen" <Erkki.Komulainen@Helsinki.REMOVE.Fi> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:beodq9$gl6$1@oravannahka.helsinki.fi... > Hi! > > My Amos lisence expired. I removed the program since the next version is > available soon. Now a window (blue stripe above with text "SPSS for > Windows" and a yellow ! triangle on gray background with remark "One of > the required keys (launch or Menu) for application Amos4-0 was missing. > No menu item will be added for it." Followed by OK button) appears in > every start. > > Clicking OK-button in the box lets me to continue, but I would like to > have it normal again. > > Suggestions? > > Erkki > _________________________________________________________________ > gsm 040-5024491 <...

Getting rid of fonts in Impression
I have an Impression Publisher documents which gives a warning every time I open it that some fonts were not found. The document is one I carry forward from one month to the next. I don't have the font mentioned (NSSymbol) and can't find anything that might use it. The question is, how do I get rid of the reference to this font short of copying all the bits I want to a new document? -- Richard Porter ricp@ / www. minijem.plus.com "You can't have Windows without pains." In article <5ee2925e4f.news@user.minijem.plus.com>, Richard Porter <dontusethis@addr...

getting rid of text in TextArea
how do you dynamically get rid of text in a TextArea? (no way of doing what in JS you would do like this textArea.value = ""; ??? thank you.. Frances In article <430f6970$0$18645$14726298@news.sunsite.dk>, Frances <fdr58@yahoo.com> wrote: > how do you dynamically get rid of text in a TextArea? > > (no way of doing what in JS you would do like this > > textArea.value = ""; ??? > > thank you.. > > Frances RTFM. The AWT TextArea and Swing JTextArea both support a setText() call to do what you want. -- Steve ...

How to change font size in Plain TeX?
As installed, plain TeX uses the Computer Modern fonts in 10 point size. I want my document to appear in 12 point everywhere. I have \font \twelverm=cmr12 in my source file, and now when I say \twelverm the text font increases to 12 point, but the fonts in math mode remain at 10 point. What do I have to do so these also increase to 12 point? I'm using plain TeX, and do not want to switch to LaTeX. sherwood@programmer.net <sherwood@programmer.net> wrote: > As installed, plain TeX uses the Computer Modern fonts in 10 point > size. I want my document to appear in 12 point everywhere. I have \font > \twelverm=cmr12 in my source file, and now when I say \twelverm the > text font increases to 12 point, but the fonts in math mode remain at > 10 point. What do I have to do so these also increase to 12 point? > > I'm using plain TeX, and do not want to switch to LaTeX. Try this one <http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/plain/contrib/varisize/> Marc On Nov 3, 1:56 pm, Marc Olschok <nob...@nowhere.invalid> wrote: > <http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/plain/contrib/varisize/> Thanks; that works. I changed the lines \font\twelvesy=cmsy10 scaled \magstep1 \font\twelveex=cmex10 scaled \magstep1 to \font\twelvesy=cmsy12 \font\twelveex=cmex12 so the correct font sizes would be used (slightly better appearance than using magnified fonts). ...

How to get rid of obsolete function warning
Hi all, Since I'm using randint function I receive: Warning: This is an obsolete function and may be removed in the future. Please use RANDI instead. To disable this warning, type warning('off','comm:obsolete:randint'); but everytime I startup MATLAB I have to do "warning('off','comm:obsolete:randint');" How can I get rid of that warning permanently? Elnaz "Elnaz " <ebsadeghian@gmail.com> wrote in message <kjvlb2$6op$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hi all, > Since I'm using randint function I receive: > Warning: This is an obsolete function and may be removed in the > future. > Please use RANDI instead. > To disable this warning, type > warning('off','comm:obsolete:randint'); > but everytime I startup MATLAB I have to do "warning('off','comm:obsolete:randint');" > How can I get rid of that warning permanently? > > Elnaz Why not just switch to randi? It won't be long before randint does disappear, and then you will need to do so anyway. John On 4/8/2013 6:54 PM, Elnaz wrote: > Hi all, > Since I'm using randint function I receive: > Warning: This is an obsolete function and may be removed in the > future. > Please use RANDI instead. > To disable this warning, type > warning('off','comm:obsolete:r...

How to get rid of CID TrueType fonts?
pdflatex produces a .pdf file, which contains CID TrueType fonts. I need to get rid of them. I can run the pdf trhough pdftops followed by ps2df, but then I loose all the hyperlinks, the author informarmation, etc. Is there a way to get the CID TrueType font converted to anything else without losing the hyperlinks? Also, what's the problem with CID TrueType? I had submitted a paper to an ACM conference, and today was told that CID TrueType is not allowed for ACM proceedings. Philipp Philipp Klaus Krause <pkk@spth.de> writes: >pdflatex produces a .pdf file, which contains CID TrueType fonts. I need >to get rid of them. The first question is, how in the world did you *get* them? You have to have done something (if only passively) for them to appear. A minimal example of a LaTeX document for which your "pdflatex produces a .pdf file" would be helpful here. >I can run the pdf trhough pdftops followed by ps2df, >but then I loose all the hyperlinks, the author informarmation, etc. >Is there a way to get the CID TrueType font converted to anything else >without losing the hyperlinks? > >Also, what's the problem with CID TrueType? I had submitted a paper to >an ACM conference, and today was told that CID TrueType is not allowed >for ACM proceedings. Lee Rudolph On 21.05.2013 21:19, Lee Rudolph wrote: > Philipp Klaus Krause <pkk@spth.de> writes: > >> pdflatex produces ...

getting rid of strange coding [fonts]
hi, i'd be grateful if anyone could suggest a solution to such problem. at some point, my system started using strange coding, both in console as in windows [for example the titles and message bars are now unreadable]. due to that normal operation is impossible, cause lots of program titles, or messages in console is unredable console for instance, instead of some letters or other symbols is showing squares, same with the gui windows. thanks in advance, michal ...

Web resources about - [fourier] getting rid of irritating font-encoding-changes warnings - comp.text.tex