(La)TeX math -> fixed width text

Hello ctt,

I was playing around with Unicode and I made a HTML page with some
mathematical expressions using fixed-width characters:

http://wiki.auf-trag.de/textmath.html

Is there a program that would make something like that automatically
from LaTeX math code?

(I know it's ugly, I'm just asking out of curiosity)

Regards,
Stephan

Stephan Walter wrote:
> Hello ctt,
>
> I was playing around with Unicode and I made a HTML page with some
> mathematical expressions using fixed-width characters:
>
> http://wiki.auf-trag.de/textmath.html
>
> Is there a program that would make something like that automatically
> from LaTeX math code?

Yes tth
http://hutchinson.belmont.ma.us/tth/

check out the -u switch if you really want unicode.

Ian Hutchinson.

0
hutch2980 (34)

text-text

text + text

How to set width of text input to physical text width
I have a grid. When the focus is put on a cell an input is created with the value being the cell's text. I would like to size the input to the physical width of the text. Ideas? John function editCell (cell) { if (document.getElementById) { cell.normalize(); var input = document.createElement('INPUT'); input.setAttribute('value', cell.firstChild.nodeValue); input.setAttribute('size', cell.firstChild.nodeValue.length); //RATHER THAN SET THE SIZE, I WOULD PREFER TO SET STYLE WIDTH input.onblur = function (evt) { setCell(this.parentNode,t...

Create Macro to import fixed width text from clipboard or text file and update table
Hi, I have a MS access database table for which I regularly need to import fixed width text data. At present I have to to cut and paste the text data from its source to a text file, save the file, import the text file as fixed width text [it is not naturally delimited], and then run an update query to copy the appropriate info into fields of a different table. Is it possible to write a macro to do all these steps? Also, is it possible to import directly from the clipboard (to skip the step of making a text file)? Any help provided would be greatly appreciated. Best wishes, George Hadley g...

setting TeX text variable depending on keyval-generated param? (low-level TeX question)
I am using keyval to set a "scaled" parameter and am having trouble getting the right behavior, which is: If I \usepackage{package} with no [scaled] option, I want to set a variable to a compile-time-specified default, say "s*[a.b]". If I \usepackage[scaled]{package}, same thing. And if I \usepackage[scaled=x.y], I want to set the variable to "s*[x.y]". (This is for font scaling, and I've used as my model the Helvetica scaled parameter.) The variable name (for the purposes of this conversation) is pnm@scaled. What I have that's not working correctly is: \expandafter\ifx\csname pmn@scaled\endcsname\relax \let\pmn@scaled\@empty \else \edef\pmn@scaled{s*[1.2]}% \fi I think what this says is "if pnm@scaled is not defined (case 1), leave it empty, otherwise set it to "s[1.2]". But the else clause is not working correctly, and I don't know how to differentiate between "defined by keyval but with no value" and "defined by keyval but with a value". Also I'm pretty sure I don't really know the difference between \let and \edef. Any help gratefully appreciated. Thanks. JDO john_owens@yahoo.com schrieb: > I am using keyval to set a "scaled" parameter and am having trouble > getting the right behavior, which is: > > If I \usepackage{package} with no [scaled] option, I want to set a > variable to a compile-time-specified default, say "s*[a.b]". > ...

program to display text files with imbedded TeX Math expressions.
I am reading a mailing list. Some of the messages contain embedded TeX math expressions (escaped with $). The messages themselves are not valid TeX or LaTeX; they do not have the proper headers. Are there programs to properly display these math expressions? -- Paul Elliott 1(512)837-1096 pelliott@io.com PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J http://www.io.com/~pelliott/pme/ Austin TX 78758-3117 Under Plain TeX you dont need any headers. Just an ending \bye. On NeXTstep you could use TeXview.app's TeX eq -> eps Service to convert them inline to eps and view them using Display PostScript. For Mac OS X there's Doug Rowland's Equation Service and some others: http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/EquationService/ and other options for other platforms / systems. William Paul Elliott wrote: > I am reading a mailing list. Some of the messages contain embedded TeX > math expressions (escaped with $). The messages themselves are not > valid TeX or LaTeX; they do not have the proper headers. > > Are there programs to properly display these math expressions? Well, you could "copy and paste" the expressions into a blank file and TeX it. Or you could learn TeX and read it directly. --- Christopher Heckman On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:49:25 -0600, Paul Elliott <pelliott@hrnowl.io.com> wrote: Posting a message to sci.math with followups set to comp.text.tex doesn't make much sense that I c...

how to plot variable text with fixed text
when i use fprintf fprintf('\nperfect ''K =%d'' for ''%d-Fold''\n',K(indexOfDiff-1),Iter) but when i make this string printed in figure , %d is appears %d what to do? mTextBox = uicontrol('style','text'); set(mTextBox,'String',['perfect ''K =%d'' for ''%d-Fold''',K(indexOfDiff-1),Iter],'Position',[300 200 200 30]) so how to plot fixed text and %d value On 4/14/2012 3:56 AM, besbesmany besbesmany wrote: > when i use fprintf > fprintf('\nperfect ''K =...

Box of text with width of another text
Hi, how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of another? For example, is there a command like \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? Best regars, Paul Paul Kaletta <paulkaletta@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of > another? > > For example, is there a command like > > \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} > > which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? \usepackage{calc} \makebox[\widthof{$T$}]{$T_a$} Ciao Enrico Paul Kaletta <paulkaletta@googlemail.com> writes: > Hi, > > how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of > another? > > For example, is there a command like > > \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} > > which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? \llap{$T_a$}\phantom{$T$} -- Change “LookInSig” to “tcalveu” to answer by mail. Paul Kaletta <paulkaletta@googlemail.com> writes: > Hi, > > how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of > another? > > For example, is there a command like > > \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} > > which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? \rlap{$T_a$}\hphantom{$T$} -- Change “LookInSig” to “tcalveu” to answer by mail. ...

CTAN update: TeX Gyre Pagella Math and TeX Gyre Termes Math
the daemon pronounced: > Name of contribution: TeX Gyre Pagella Math and TeX Gyre Termes Math updates > Author's name: Staszek Wawrykiewicz > Author's email: staw@gust.org.pl > Package version: 1.605 and 1.502 > Location on CTAN: fonts/tex-gyre-math/ > Summary description: TeX Gyre Pagella Math and TeX Gyre Termes Math > are math companions for the TeX Gyre Pagella and TeX Gyre Termes > families of fonts > License type: other-free > > > Announcement text given by the package's contributor: > ---------------------------------------------------------------------- > TeX Gyre Pagella Math (ver. 1.605) and TeX Gyre Termes Math (ver. 1.502) > are math companions for the TeX Gyre Pagella and TeX Gyre Termes families > of fonts (see http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-foundry/tex-gyre/) in > the OpenType format. > > Authors: Bogus\l{}aw Jackowski, Piotr Strzelczyk and Piotr Pianowski > > Please note, that the naming of the fonts file was changed to the unified > scheme <full font name, lowercase, nospaces>-math.otf > > Users may view the package catalogue entry at > http://www.ctan.org/pkg/tex-gyre-math > or they may browse the package directory at > http://mirror.ctan.org/fonts/tex-gyre-math/ all now installed, catalogued, etc. thanks for the update. Robin Fairbairns For the CTAN team On 2013-02-08 12:09:15 +0100, CTAN Announceme...

libertine-legacy (Linux Libertine fonts for (La)TeX and pdf(La)TeX users)
A bug in the libertine-legacy package has been reported at http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/64795/ In fact, the ligatures in fxlbi.pfb are not bold. If the line \printText{fxl}{b}{it} is added to libertinetext*.tex, the issue is apparent; presumably the original developer forgot to test that combination. Although I'm the maintainer of this package, I am not the original developer and I'm unable to correct this problem; volunteers will be welcomed. There are three possible workarounds for users who encounter this issue. + avoid the ligatures by using, for example, f{}i instead of fi + change the default bold italic font to semi-bold italic which has semi-bold ligatures + change from bold italic to bold oblique which has bold ligatures Bob T. Am Mon, 30 Jul 2012 17:05:10 +0000 (UTC) schrieb Bob Tennent: > A bug in the libertine-legacy package has been reported at > > http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/64795/ > > In fact, the ligatures in fxlbi.pfb are not bold. If the > line > > \printText{fxl}{b}{it} > > is added to libertinetext*.tex, the issue is apparent; presumably the > original developer forgot to test that combination. > > Although I'm the maintainer of this package, I am not the original > developer and I'm unable to correct this problem; volunteers will be > welcomed. As far as I could through some short test the font its...

text to columes with fixed width
Please find the data as below. I would like to deal with the data, especially sparate the year-month-day apart. Since the whitespace is usually regarded as a separation, but sometimes there is no space between year and month, and day. I have tried several method without any clue... 1948 9 1 0.0000 2.8000 0.1469 23.0556 7.9444 1948 9 2 0.0000 2.7760 0.1422 23.5500 7.2556 1948 9 3 0.0200 2.7510 0.1374 26.4000 9.0167 1948 9 4 0.0800 2.7260 0.1327 26.6167 12.2000 1948 9 5 0.0000 2.7010 0.1327 28.7444 12.4167 1948 9 6 0.00...

Surrounding text with text
I was wondering if it was possible to surround a text body with text like so: +--------------+ |ABCDEFGHIJKLM | |H N| |A Main Body O| |L Text goes P| |B here Q| |-=+_ZYXWVUTSR | | | | | | | | | +--------------+ This seems far-fetched, but just curious. I suppose that I could just move stuff around by hand in the GIMP later on, but there's probably a {better,more {extensible,clean}} way of doing it from (La)TeX. -FreeSmith ptjm@interlog.com (Patrick TJ McPhee) wrote in message news:<bffbhe$per$1@news.eusc.inter.net>... > Peter Flynn had an example like that, which he either posted here or > posted a link here. It was something to do with a certificate -- try > searching for his name and that word in google. > > It wouldn't be hard to do with metapost. I have a macro called `pathalong' > which puts text along an arbitrary path. Well, it's been a while, but I finally finished it. It's a little job I was doing for an upcoming wedding. At any rate, I used pstricks to make the text go along a path, along with a couple of hacks for sizing (from graphicx) and kerning along the line (from soul). Here's the code (don't laugh): CAUTION:THIS CODE MAY MAKE YOU WRETCH ---SNIP--- \documentclass{article} \usepackage{graphicx} \usepackage{pstricks,pst-text,nopageno} \usepackage[width=8.5in]{geometry} \usepackage{soul} \begin{document} \thispagestyle{empty} \set...

Converting pain text to TeX
Hi, I am trying to convert a plain text file to TeX format. For this I wrote a awk script to convert double quotes to the correct type in TeX, as in #!/usr/bin/awk -f # DQ2TQ : Converts double qoutes in plaint text file to TeX format # USAGE # dq2tq filename > newfilename BEGIN { count = 0 } /"/ { for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) {if (count % 2 == 0) {sub(/"/,"``",$i);count++} else {sub(/"/,"''",$i);count++}} } { print } However this does not seem to work right. Given the following input : " " " " &...

Pages

Type-written text to TeX?
Slightly OT, but I have several hundred pages of typewritten material already scanned in. (I just have a PDF file with one image per page.) There is a small amount of maths in it, but not much. Can anyone advise me of a good OCR program to use? I'd prefer a Linux program, but am not religious. I tried gocr, which was useless, and am presently trying clara, which looks as though it might work, although it seems to require several degrees in Computer Science to understand and use. Also, is there a program to abstract the images from the PDF file? I've written a little Java program to do this, but would prefer to use a kosher application. -- Timothy Murphy e-mail (<80k only): tim /at/ birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366 s-mail: School of Mathematics, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland Timothy Murphy wrote: > Slightly OT, but I have several hundred pages of typewritten material > already scanned in. (I just have a PDF file with one image per page.) > There is a small amount of maths in it, but not much. > > Can anyone advise me of a good OCR program to use? > I'd prefer a Linux program, but am not religious. > > I tried gocr, which was useless, > and am presently trying clara, which looks as though it might work, > although it seems to require several degrees in Computer Science > to understand and use. I have once (April 2001) reviewed several OCR solutions for UNIX, see http://tinyurl.com/54xdu ...

Why does $TEXT() not return text?
I am looking at a file I have created named TMGUSRI2.m This is with GT.M 6.2-002A Here is a stat of the .m file and the .o file kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EHR/p$ stat TMGUSRI2.m File: `TMGUSRI2.m' Size: 19171 Blocks: 40 IO Block: 4096 regular file Device: 821h/2081d Inode: 705008 Links: 1 Access: (0744/-rwxr--r--) Uid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Gid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Access: 2015-08-10 20:50:51.000000000 -0400 Modify: 2015-06-23 20:23:12.000000000 -0400 Change: 2015-06-23 20:23:11.000000000 -0400 Birth: - kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EH...

text 2 text

Encryption from text to text...
I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into another form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out there? Thanks. In article <418f03f8@news.starhub.net.sg>, Kelvin <thefatcat28@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. You can look on CPAN (<http://search.cpan.org>) for various Crypt:: modules. FYI: this newsgroup is defunct. Try comp.lang.perl.misc in the future. On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:35:46 +0800, Kelvin wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. I'm not sure how secure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decode, (there's 26 letters). Not secure, but nice easy and simple.mine not sure how sercure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decoed, (theres 26 letters). Not sercure, but nice easy and simple. -- Andre...

Crude histogram in fixed-width-text?
I know that I can write a function to depict a histogram in text-only. The= bin edges from "histcounts" can be averaged to give bin centres, and one t= ext row will be depicted per bin centre. And it is easy enough to use repm= at or some other string function to generate a series of asterisks that is = commensurate in length with the bin counts. Then I can pad the sprintf'd b= in centres so that they are uniformly wide, then abutt the stack of asteris= k rows, and voila, a text histogram than one can paste into an electronic l= ab journal maintained as a text file (ye...

Issues exporting to Fixed Width Text
I have an Access 2000 query I am trying to export to fixed width text file to upload to another server via a web application. When I create the file, Access is deleting any row where the the account number starts with the number 4. The acct number is 10 characters and is saved as a text, but this is happening if the data is text or a number. It happens using VBA or a manual export. I have never seen this before, any thoughts on what to check? Brian Brian wrote: > I have an Access 2000 query I am trying to export to fixed width text > file to upload to another server via a web appl...

Text
Hi, I have a Bar with a fixed width. There I want a Textfield with fixed width got from the Bar but a variable height. Someone knows how to tell the Textfield that it should take a variable height with a defined width? (JTextPane, JTextArea .. doesn't matter which typ of textcomponent) Thomas ...

change text color with TeX support?
All Consider the string involving greek letters to appear in a plot title made with the command: SetaEL='\fontsize{14}{\eta}\fontsize{10}EL\fontsize{10}=' when used in a title argument, the string SetaEL plots like: etaEL= except that eta will be the actual greek letter of course. This works! BUT THE COLOR ID DEFAULT IS BLACK. THE QUESTION: How to change my SetaEL command useing TeX syntax, so it is say red? Thanks in advance....tony Could you be a little more specific? If you want the whole title to be in red (or any other color), I don't think you need to...

Indentation of text in fixed-width oclumns?
How do I flush all the text in fixed-width colums to the left or to the right? The spacing between "some" and "text" in the following code snippet is too big: \begin{tabular}{|p{1in}|} some text goes here \end{tabular} "Angel Tsankov" <fn42551@fmi.uni-sofia.bg> schrieb: > How do I flush all the text in fixed-width colums to the left or to > the right? > > The spacing between "some" and "text" in the following code snippet is > too big: > > \begin{tabular}{|p{1in}|} > some text goes here > \end{tabular} > > \usepackage{array} \begin{tabular}{|>{\raggedright\arraybackslash}p{1in}|} -- Ulrike Fischer e-mail: zus�tzlich meinen Vornamen vor dem @ einf�gen. e-mail: add my first name between the news and the @. ...

PUTting a fixed width text file
Dear colleagues, I've been working with a number of procedures to read data from fixed width text files in one format and writing back subsets of it into multiple fixed width text files in a different format. A recurring issue has been when a variable being read in has leading blanks, it appears as left justified in the output file. However, those leading blanks are significant. Sometimes the variables also have trailing blanks. So what I end up doing is reading in a dummy variable that starts at the same point as the real variable that I want to write and ends at a point in the file ...

Web resources about - (La)TeX math -> fixed width text - comp.text.tex