avoid self "contents" entry to appear in the table of contents (w/ memoir)

I'm trying to remove the entry in the toc for ... the toc itself.
Is it possible at all?

The (obvious) minimal example is as follows:

  \documentclass{memoir}
  \begin{document}
  \tableofcontents
  \chapter{Foo} some text
  \section{A} some text
  \chapter{Bar} some text
  \section{B} some text
  \end{document}

What I want to obtain is a table of contents where the entry showing
that "Contents" appear at page 1 is not in the toc at all.

I've checked various ways of customizing the toc (both memoir-specific
and whatnot), but I haven't thus far found any way of achieving that.
Am I missing something?

TIA,
Cheers.
0
zack (2)

Am Sat, 9 Jan 2010 08:13:50 -0800 (PST) schrieb zack@upsilon.cc:

> I'm trying to remove the entry in the toc for ... the toc itself.
> Is it possible at all?
>
> The (obvious) minimal example is as follows:
>
>   \documentclass{memoir}
>   \begin{document}
>   \tableofcontents
>   \chapter{Foo} some text
>   \section{A} some text
>   \chapter{Bar} some text
>   \section{B} some text
>   \end{document}
>
> What I want to obtain is a table of contents where the entry showing
> that "Contents" appear at page 1 is not in the toc at all.
>
> I've checked various ways of customizing the toc (both memoir-specific
> and whatnot), but I haven't thus far found any way of achieving that.
> Am I missing something?

Well you seemed not to have read the documentation, memman.pdf.
Searching for \tableofcontents the third hit was in chapter nine
"Contents lists" and gave:

"In memoir, unlike the standard classes, the unstarred versions add
their respective titles to the ToC. The starred versions act like
the standard classes� unstarred versions as they don�t add their
titles to the ToC"

--
Ulrike Fischer
0
"zack@upsilon.cc" <stefano.zacchiroli@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to remove the entry in the toc for ... the toc itself.
> Is it possible at all?
>
> The (obvious) minimal example is as follows:
>
>   \documentclass{memoir}

\KeepFromToc

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek@uni-freiburg.de>
0
Heiko
1/9/2010 4:25:55 PM
On Jan 9, 5:21=A0pm, Ulrike Fischer <ne...@nililand.de> wrote:
> > I've checked various ways of customizing the toc (both memoir-specific
> > and whatnot), but I haven't thus far found any way of achieving that.
> > Am I missing something?
>
> Well you seemed not to have read the documentation, memman.pdf.
> Searching for \tableofcontents the third hit was in chapter nine
> "Contents lists" and gave:

Well, sorry, I've actually read that, but the wording was unclear to
me (because the first reference highlight the facts that it typeset
the toc where you invoke it), now that you point me at it again the
reading looks (more?) obvious. Since I actually had searched the man
(and the TUG UK FAQs) before asking, I didn't think it was too
bothersome to ask here.

Thanks for the hint.
0
zack