avoid self "contents" entry to appear in the table of contents (w/ memoir)

I'm trying to remove the entry in the toc for ... the toc itself.
Is it possible at all?

The (obvious) minimal example is as follows:

  \documentclass{memoir}
  \begin{document}
  \tableofcontents
  \chapter{Foo} some text
  \section{A} some text
  \chapter{Bar} some text
  \section{B} some text
  \end{document}

What I want to obtain is a table of contents where the entry showing
that "Contents" appear at page 1 is not in the toc at all.

I've checked various ways of customizing the toc (both memoir-specific
and whatnot), but I haven't thus far found any way of achieving that.
Am I missing something?

TIA,
Cheers.
0
zack (2)

Am Sat, 9 Jan 2010 08:13:50 -0800 (PST) schrieb zack@upsilon.cc:

> I'm trying to remove the entry in the toc for ... the toc itself.
> Is it possible at all?
>
> The (obvious) minimal example is as follows:
>
>   \documentclass{memoir}
>   \begin{document}
>   \tableofcontents
>   \chapter{Foo} some text
>   \section{A} some text
>   \chapter{Bar} some text
>   \section{B} some text
>   \end{document}
>
> What I want to obtain is a table of contents where the entry showing
> that "Contents" appear at page 1 is not in the toc at all.
>
> I've checked various ways of customizing the toc (both memoir-specific
> and whatnot), but I haven't thus far found any way of achieving that.
> Am I missing something?

Well you seemed not to have read the documentation, memman.pdf.
Searching for \tableofcontents the third hit was in chapter nine
"Contents lists" and gave:

"In memoir, unlike the standard classes, the unstarred versions add
their respective titles to the ToC. The starred versions act like
the standard classes� unstarred versions as they don�t add their
titles to the ToC"

--
Ulrike Fischer
0
"zack@upsilon.cc" <stefano.zacchiroli@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to remove the entry in the toc for ... the toc itself.
> Is it possible at all?
>
> The (obvious) minimal example is as follows:
>
>   \documentclass{memoir}

\KeepFromToc

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek@uni-freiburg.de>
0
Heiko
1/9/2010 4:25:55 PM
On Jan 9, 5:21=A0pm, Ulrike Fischer <ne...@nililand.de> wrote:
> > I've checked various ways of customizing the toc (both memoir-specific
> > and whatnot), but I haven't thus far found any way of achieving that.
> > Am I missing something?
>
> Well you seemed not to have read the documentation, memman.pdf.
> Searching for \tableofcontents the third hit was in chapter nine
> "Contents lists" and gave:

Well, sorry, I've actually read that, but the wording was unclear to
me (because the first reference highlight the facts that it typeset
the toc where you invoke it), now that you point me at it again the
reading looks (more?) obvious. Since I actually had searched the man
(and the TUG UK FAQs) before asking, I didn't think it was too
bothersome to ask here.

Thanks for the hint.
0
zack

Copy Contents of Recordset to a table
Hi, I have a DB on a remote share that I want to update to a local DB periodically. My plan is to create a VBA procedure and then trigger the procedure a few times a day to the process is automated. My question is how do I copy the contents of a Record set to a Table. This is what I have so far: Sub ImportDecap() Dim Conn As New ADODB.Connection Dim rst As New ADODB.Recordset Dim strDB As String strDB = "\\RemoteSVR\RemoteDir\MyDB.mdb" Conn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _ "Data Source=" & strDB & ";" rst....

Printing the Contents of a Container Field
I want to be able to insert multiple page pdfs as a quicktime file type for viewing in FileMaker, but would also like to be able to print the data in each container. Is there a way to have FM print the contents of a container rather than only what is visible on a layout? I am using 8 Advanced. Well, I don't know about the QuickTime aspect but you can probably Export Field Contents then issue an Apple Event to print the file just exported. "Beek" <becky@sheldonsowell.com> wrote in message news:1151446831.500522.206670@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com... >I want to be abl...

Contents of the Open and Save As dialog boxes sorted Incorrectly
In Word XP, when I choose "Open" or "Save As" the dialog box no longer shows the contents of the selected folder in alphabetical order. Can someone please tell me how to correct this problem. ...

Change the contents of a DIV
Hi, I've dynamically created a div using document.createElement('div') but how do I set the values within this new div? Im not able to use setAttribute() using value.. please advise. Thanks Got it. innerHTML will do the trick. . Thanks user wrote: > Hi, > > I've dynamically created a div using > > document.createElement('div') > > but how do I set the values within this new div? > > Im not able to use setAttribute() using value.. > > please advise. > > Thanks ...

Contents of Form Fields not Displaying
I have a form with 10 numeric input fields (envision two rows and five columns). There is a column at the right for a total of each of the fields on each row. There is also a row with a calculation based on the two input fields in each column. When a record is retrieved, the calculated fields should automatically display the results based on the values in each field. For several of the calculated fields, this works perfectly. However, for some of them, they are blank. But, if I put my cursor in the blank fields, the data is displayed. It seems to be some kind of screen refresh problem, ...

comp.lang.c FAQ list Table of Contents #42
Archive-name: C-faq/toc Comp-lang-c-archive-name: C-FAQ-list.toc URL: http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html [Last modified July 3, 2004 by scs.] This article is a table of contents for the comp.lang.c frequently-asked questions (FAQ) list, listing the questions which the abridged and full versions of the FAQ list answer. (Both lists answer all questions; the wordings of the questions in this article are taken from the abridged list.) If you have only just come across this article, you will naturally be wondering where the lists which it indexes can be found. The unabridged version is ...

How to get ls listing of all files under a directory and its entire contents?
I am using the following command to get a listing of all files/directories under dir1 but this will only give me one level down. Is there a way I can do this without listing */*/*? ls -1adR /oracle/* zeokamen@gmail.com wrote: > I am using the following command to get a listing of all > files/directories under dir1 but this will only give me one level down. > Is there a way I can do this without listing */*/*? > > ls -1adR /oracle/* > find /oracle resp. find /oracle | xargs ls -lad or find /oracle -type f resp. find /oracle -type f | xargs ls -lad for re...

flush contents of JTextArea
I am using JTextArea to write the status of several URL's, there are about 100 of them. I am writting the output to the JTextArea and stdout. When I run through the loop (takes about 60 seconds) to get the status, I see the results are instantly printed to stdout, but have to wait for the execution to end before I see anything in the JTextArea. I am writing to stdout using System.out.println("....") and writing to JTextArea using textArea1.append("....") Is there anything I can do to flush the results instantly to the JTextArea like is done with System.out.println or ...

Extracting the contents of tagged cells as plain text
Hello, Suppose that I have a number of cells in a notebook containing program code written in a language other than Mathematica. (Like Java or C.) I'd like to be able to extract the contents of these cells as plain text for processing in Mathematica (as strings), and then ultimately export to a .java file for later compiling. Suppose that each cell has the tag "java". I know that I can select the cells in the current notebook with that tag by calling NotebookLocate["java"] but, once I've done this, how do I get the contents of each cell? ...

ls lists the contents of current folder
Dear All, Please suggest something on the ls command of matlab in windows and unix. list = ls(name) returns the files and folders in the current folder that match the specified name to list. as shown in www.mathworks.co.uk/help/matlab/ref/ls.html Output Arguments list 1)On UNIX platforms, list is a character row vector of names separated by tab and space characters. 2)On Microsoft Windows platforms, list is an m-by-n character array of names—m is the number of names and n is the number of characters in the longest name. MATLAB pads names shorter than n characters with space charac...

How can I hide the contents of m-files?
Hello. I do not have access to MATLAB Compiler, and I need to send some m-files to another party (that has MATLAB). I would like to keep the contents of the m-files confidential, but still allow them to be run from within MATLAB. Is this possible, and if so, how? Thanks, Chris "Chris" <crurbani@uwaterloo.ca.NOSPAM> wrote in message news:ef15edf.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hello. > > I do not have access to MATLAB Compiler, and I need to send some > m-files to another party (that has MATLAB). I would like to keep the > contents of the m-files confidential, but s...

Selecting Contents of Merge Fileds
Hello! I would like to create a custom email message to be sent from FileMaker. I have 3 fields, Name, Email Address and Email Message. I am trying to create a customized message to email the recepient that includes both their name as well as the message; in other words "Dear <<Name>>, and then on a new line, <<Email Message>>". I can create the merge fileds ok on a layout, but when setting up the Email Script, I need to specify the filed name to attach as the message... which is the problem. Am guessing I need to come up with a field that merges the 2 f...

Some other word(text) insted Contents
Hi, how can I change a word Contens with some other word, after use of LaTeX command \tableofcontents. Thanks. pandemonium wrote: > Hi, how can I change a word Contens with some other word, after use > of LaTeX command \tableofcontents. > > Thanks. Hi, These kinda things are often found in the LaTeX FAQ. http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq This is how you do it, \renewcommand{\contentsname}{Your Contents Name} http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=fixnam Cheers, Patrick Thank You Patrick. ...

Memoir: table of contents in normal font
I don't want the bold font in the table of contents. I guess it's possible with the memoir class, isn't it? Thank you On Friday, 15 August 2014 23:38:57 UTC-4, giuseppe....@gmail.com wrote: > I don't want the bold font in the table of contents. I guess it's possible with the memoir class, isn't it? > it is indeed possible, despite the rather vague nature of your request. 'vanilla' memoir puts a few things in bold, i think. but look especially at the commands: \cftKfont \cftKpagefont where the 'K' stands for things like 'pa...

Re: Dynamically turn proc contents output into a list of variables for processing. #2
How about this: proc sql noprint; select distinct(name) into:line separated by ' ' from sashelp.vcolumn where compress(libname||'.'||memname)=upcase("&dsold.") ; quit; Igor Kurbeko Clinical Programmer Analyst 678 336 4328 ikurbeko@atherogenics.com Our job is not to interpret the world, but to change it -----Original Message----- From: ouonomos [mailto:mgoold2002@HOTMAIL.COM] Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 11:58 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Dynamically turn proc contents output into a list of variables for processing. Hello. I would like to f...

49+ SD directories: Viewing contents
Thanks to Joe Horn, I have learned that one can create directories on an SD card and the files within them can be accessed. However, I did not see a way of listing the files within an SD directory. Did I miss something? Thanks, Andy andy.delano@comcast.net (andy) writes: > Thanks to Joe Horn, I have learned that one can create directories on > an SD card and the files within them can be accessed. However, I did > not see a way of listing the files within an SD directory. Did I miss > something? Use the filer, go to the SD card and press the right arrow when a directory on...

Q: how to copy contents and use ancestor's constraints at the same time ?
Hello! In the procedure below, how to do [A] and [B] together, and is there a way not to have to write the constraints, like when constraining an object by initializing it with a value of the same type ? Thanks in advance! NB: I looked in a book, but maybe not hard enough ;-) ----- procedure Test_Ancestor_copy is type Index_array_type is array(Positive range <>) of Natural; type PF_Data( n1: Natural; n2: Natural; n3: Natural ) is tagged record p1 : Index_array_type(1..n1); p2 : Index_array_type(1..n2); p3 : Index_array_type(1..n3...

How to prevent DIV contents from wrapping?
Hello, I have the following HTML / CSS that draws 2 rows. Each row has 3 cells. I want the cells within each row to span a single line. Each cell is 100px wide, and the row containing them is 250px wide. Clearly the last cell won't fix, but rather than wrapping to the next 'line' within the row, I'd like the last cell to be clipped and only showing the first 50px. This code was developed in IE6. Can't say what it looks like in mozilla. Any ideas anyone? Oh, and before you ask, no I don't have a URL you can visit -- sorry! <html> <head> ...

referring contents of another container.
Hi, I am facing problem some times, and not finding a suitable answer to solve it. I have a vector (or some other container, sometimes) of some class, named CC like vector<CC> v, NOT vector<CC*> ; I want another class say Segment to refer a portion of this vector. I can't store the iterator for vector as a member function to the class, as 1) The iterators have different invalidation strategy, and may invalidate the stored iterators when some new elements are added to the vector. 2) The iterators are not default constructible, where I need to calculate the range after Segmen...

send contents of page in email
is there not an easy way to simply send the contents of a page in the body of an email? i.e. i have a report.php that pulls from a mysql db. i need to be able to send the displayed file right in the body of the email. can anyone help with this? God bless jason jsd219 wrote: > is there not an easy way to simply send the contents of a page in the > body of an email? i.e. i have a report.php that pulls from a mysql db. > i need to be able to send the displayed file right in the body of the > email. can anyone help with this? Sure. What did you try so far? Did you use PHP's mail...

Unix
Archive-name: unix-faq/faq/contents Version: $Id: contents,v 2.9 1996/06/11 13:08:13 tmatimar Exp $ The following seven articles contain the answers to some Frequently Asked Questions often seen in comp.unix.questions and comp.unix.shell. Please don't ask these questions again, they've been answered plenty of times already - and please don't flame someone just because they may not have read this particular posting. Thank you. This collection of documents is Copyright (c) 1994, Ted Timar, except Part 6, which is Copyright (c) 1994, Pierre Lewis and Ted Timar. All rights reserved....

reading from files and list the contents
Hi all, How do a I write a function in tcl to read from file and then list out say probably in a tk text box or something? The file probably has texts like 111,One 222,Two Each line in the file is a single entity, with the index and the data. Probably should group the index and data into different list or array? thanks.. Lese wrote: > Hi all, > How do a I write a function in tcl to read from file and then list out > say probably in a tk text box or something? The file probably has texts like > 111,One > 222,Two > Each line in the file is a single entity, with the index a...

comp.lang.c FAQ list Table of Contents #4
Archive-name: C-faq/toc Comp-lang-c-archive-name: C-FAQ-list.toc URL: http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html [Last modified February 7, 1999 by scs.] This article is a table of contents for the comp.lang.c frequently-asked questions (FAQ) list, listing the questions which the abridged and full versions of the FAQ list answer. (Both lists answer all questions; the wordings of the questions in this article are taken from the abridged list.) If you have only just come across this article, you will naturally be wondering where the lists which it indexes can be found. The unabridged version...

Folder contents problem
Howdy, gurus. Got a strange one here. Never seen it in 11 years using PINE. I periodically move older monthly sent-mail and received-messages folders from the server to my local machine. Two such recently-moved folders are screwed up: navingating to them in PINE and opening them shows only one "message" in the folder index view: N 1 Mar 16 me@localhost (24.8M) /Users/me/mail/account3/sent-mail-dec-2005 H'mmm. Not sure why it shows as being "from" me, but that's all of December 2005's sent mail in one big file! I select it, and get "Don't know ...

Convert a canvas contents into an image?
Hi all, I want to convert all the drawings of a canvas widget (only plain canvas items and no embedded windows :-)) into an image (anything from tk photo to png, I don't really have a preference...) Is there an extension that does this? I know about tkprint (which I haven't tested at all), but I need something that can be freely used (i.e. BSD, LGPL license). I cannot use tkprint, as I want to include it in an app for a research project and tkprint's license is unclear. Currently I am using the canvas' postscript generation facilities, but its somewhat difficult for users to...