Bad link with Mac OS X 10.6

A friend presented the following problem. Consider this document

=== test.tex ===
\begin{filecontents*}{mybib.bib}
@MANUAL{gregorio:orrori,
AUTHOR={Gregorio, Enrico},
TITLE={Galleria degli orrori: Come maltrattare \LaTeX{}
       e rendere infelice un \emph{copy editor}},
YEAR={2003},
NOTE={\url{http://profs.sci.univr.it/~gregorio/orrori.pdf}}
}
\end{filecontents*}
\documentclass{report}
\usepackage{url}
\begin{document}
\bibliographystyle{plain}
\bibliography{mybib}
\nocite{*}
\end{document}
===

and typeset it with

  pdflatex test; bibtex test; pdflatex test; pdflatex test

If I typeset it on my Macs running Mac OS X 10.5 there's no
clickable link in the resulting PDF file, no matter what previewer
I use. My friend claims the same happens on Windows but on a machine
running Mac OS X 10.6 the PDF viewed with Preview, Skim or Safari
shows wrong clickable links. Adobe Reader seems to be immune.

Is anybody out there that can confirm this behavior? And, if
it is confirmed, what can be done to avoid it? Is it a "smartness"
of WebKit?

Ciao
Enrico
0
gregorio (1367)

In article <200120101002264769%gregorio@math.unipd.it>,
 Enrico Gregorio <gregorio@math.unipd.it> wrote:

> A friend presented the following problem. Consider this document
>
> === test.tex ===
> \begin{filecontents*}{mybib.bib}
> @MANUAL{gregorio:orrori,
> AUTHOR={Gregorio, Enrico},
> TITLE={Galleria degli orrori: Come maltrattare \LaTeX{}
>        e rendere infelice un \emph{copy editor}},
> YEAR={2003},
> NOTE={\url{http://profs.sci.univr.it/~gregorio/orrori.pdf}}
> }
> \end{filecontents*}
> \documentclass{report}
> \usepackage{url}
> \begin{document}
> \bibliographystyle{plain}
> \bibliography{mybib}
> \nocite{*}
> \end{document}
> ===
>
> and typeset it with
>
>   pdflatex test; bibtex test; pdflatex test; pdflatex test
>
> If I typeset it on my Macs running Mac OS X 10.5 there's no
> clickable link in the resulting PDF file, no matter what previewer
> I use. My friend claims the same happens on Windows but on a machine
> running Mac OS X 10.6 the PDF viewed with Preview, Skim or Safari
> shows wrong clickable links. Adobe Reader seems to be immune.
>
> Is anybody out there that can confirm this behavior? And, if
> it is confirmed, what can be done to avoid it? Is it a "smartness"
> of WebKit?
>
> Ciao
> Enrico

Howdy,

The PDFKit  framework in OS X 10.6.0--2 has a bug in representing urls
that break across lines. Take a look at the file in Adobe Reader which
doesn't PDFKit --- all the ones you mentioned do use PDFKit) and see if
it works. From what I've read that problem will be fixed in 10.6.3 but I
have no real knowledge of that or any inkling of when that update will
come out.

Good Luck,
Herb Schulz
0
Herbert
1/20/2010 2:23:40 PM
Herbert Schulz <herbs@wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> In article <200120101002264769%gregorio@math.unipd.it>,
>  Enrico Gregorio <gregorio@math.unipd.it> wrote:
>
> > A friend presented the following problem. Consider this document
> >
> > === test.tex ===
> > \begin{filecontents*}{mybib.bib}
> > @MANUAL{gregorio:orrori,
> > AUTHOR={Gregorio, Enrico},
> > TITLE={Galleria degli orrori: Come maltrattare \LaTeX{}
> >        e rendere infelice un \emph{copy editor}},
> > YEAR={2003},
> > NOTE={\url{http://profs.sci.univr.it/~gregorio/orrori.pdf}}
> > }
> > \end{filecontents*}
> > \documentclass{report}
> > \usepackage{url}
> > \begin{document}
> > \bibliographystyle{plain}
> > \bibliography{mybib}
> > \nocite{*}
> > \end{document}
> > ===
> >
> > and typeset it with
> >
> >   pdflatex test; bibtex test; pdflatex test; pdflatex test
> >
> > If I typeset it on my Macs running Mac OS X 10.5 there's no
> > clickable link in the resulting PDF file, no matter what previewer
> > I use. My friend claims the same happens on Windows but on a machine
> > running Mac OS X 10.6 the PDF viewed with Preview, Skim or Safari
> > shows wrong clickable links. Adobe Reader seems to be immune.
> >
> > Is anybody out there that can confirm this behavior? And, if
> > it is confirmed, what can be done to avoid it? Is it a "smartness"
> > of WebKit?
> >
> > Ciao
> > Enrico
>
> Howdy,
>
> The PDFKit  framework in OS X 10.6.0--2 has a bug in representing urls
> that break across lines. Take a look at the file in Adobe Reader which
> doesn't PDFKit --- all the ones you mentioned do use PDFKit) and see if
> it works. From what I've read that problem will be fixed in 10.6.3 but I
> have no real knowledge of that or any inkling of when that update will
> come out.

Thanks, indeed Adobe Reader does not show the problem. Is 10.6 PDFKit
trying to spot all links even if they are not marked as such in PDF
files?

Ciao
Enrico
0
Enrico
1/20/2010 2:31:43 PM
In article <200120101531436361%gregorio@math.unipd.it>,
 Enrico Gregorio <gregorio@math.unipd.it> wrote:

> Thanks, indeed Adobe Reader does not show the problem. Is 10.6 PDFKit
> trying to spot all links even if they are not marked as such in PDF
> files?
>
> Ciao
> Enrico

Howdy,

I think only real hyperlinks are clickable.

Good Luck,
Herb Schulz
0
Herbert

Hi. Someone told me that Mac OS X 10.7.x and 10.8.x do not come with iLife like the older Mac OS X versions (e.g., 10.5.x). I did not know this! Since my client uses iPhoto that came preinstalled on his old 2008 MacBook Pro's Mac OS X 10.5.x (10.5.8 right now), can he use the old one from 10.5.8? Or will he need a third party replacement (needs to import/copy the old image files) or buy a new iPhoto version for his photo(graph)s? I recalled he did not like iPhoto and wonder if the new one is any better. Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "Every ruler sleeps on an anthill." --Afghani /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail. If crediting, ( ) then please kindly use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link. On 2012-09-21 3:05 PM ANTant@zimage.com (Ant) wrote: > Hi. > > Someone told me that Mac OS X 10.7.x and 10.8.x do not come with iLife > like the older Mac OS X versions (e.g., 10.5.x). I did not know this! > Since my client uses iPhoto that came preinstalled on his old 2008 > MacBook Pro's Mac OS X 10.5.x (10.5.8 right now), can he use the old one > from 10.5.8? Or will he need a third party replacement (needs to > import/copy the old image files) or buy a new iPhoto version for his > photo(graph)s? I rec...

Mac OS X 10.6.6 and MacPyhton 2.6 idle doesn't work
I've installed MacPython 2.6 under mac os x 2.6 and the IDLE doesn't work. I post error log. Suggestions? Thanks a lot. Luca 23/06/11 19.18.01 Apple80211 framework[211] ACInterfaceGetPower called with NULL interface 23/06/11 19.18.01 [0x0-0x1f61f6].org.python.IDLE[2470] Traceback (most recent call last): 23/06/11 19.18.01 [0x0-0x1f61f6].org.python.IDLE[2470] File "/ Applications/Python 2.6/IDLE.app/Contents/Resources/idlemain.py", line 30, in <module> 23/06/11 19.18.01 [0x0-0x1f61f6].org.python.IDLE[2470] main() 23/06/11 19.18.01 [...

Mac OS X Kerberos Extras updated for Mac OS X 10.3

Mac OS X 1.0 x86 and Mac OS X 10.4 x86
I wonder of OS X on Intel runs binaries made for Mac OS X Server 1.0 or earlier x86 versions of NEXTSTEP... There should be some interesting error messages to find. I'll try it out with OmniWeb 3 one day... -- Andrew J. Brehm Marx Brothers Fan PowerPC/Macintosh User Supporter of Chicken Sandwiches In article <1gxrpng.qcld42zk38uoN%ajbrehm@gmail.com>, ajbrehm@gmail.com (Andrew J. Brehm) wrote: > I wonder of OS X on Intel runs binaries made for Mac OS X Server 1.0 or > earlier x86 versions of NEXTSTEP... > > There should be some interesting error messages to find. > > I'll try it out with OmniWeb 3 one day... I *really* doubt it. 10.0 PPC doesn't run OS X Server 1.0 PPC binaries, does it? -- "This notion that the United States is getting ready to attack Iran is simply ridiculous. And having said that, all options are on the table." -- George W. Bush in Brussels, Belgium, Feb. 22, 2005 ZnU <znu@fake.invalid> wrote: > In article <1gxrpng.qcld42zk38uoN%ajbrehm@gmail.com>, > ajbrehm@gmail.com (Andrew J. Brehm) wrote: > > > I wonder of OS X on Intel runs binaries made for Mac OS X Server 1.0 or > > earlier x86 versions of NEXTSTEP... > > > > There should be some interesting error messages to find. > > > > I'll try it out with OmniWeb 3 one day... > > I *really* doubt it. 10.0 PPC doesn't run OS X Server 1.0 PPC binaries, > does it? I think i...

LuaTeX (LuaLaTeX) crashing (MAc OS X 10.6.6)
Hello all, I seem to be having Lua(La)TeX issues with the graphicx package at the moment. The basic example \documentclass{article} \usepackage{graphicx} \begin{document} \end{document} is crashing on my system - I see: This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.60.2-2010071217 (TeX Live 2010) (rev 3736) restricted \write18 enabled. (./test.tex LaTeX2e <2009/09/24> LuaTeX adaptation of babel <v3.8l-luatex-1.4> and hyphenation patterns for engl ish, dumylang, nohyphenation, loaded. (/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/article.cls Document Class: article 2007/10/19 v1.4h Standard LaTeX document class (/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/size10.clo)) (/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/graphicx.sty (/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/keyval.sty) (/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/graphics.sty (/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/trig.sty) (/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/latexconfig/graphics.cfg) (/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/pdftex-def/pdftex.def (/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/generic/oberdiek/pdftexcmds.sty (/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/generic/oberdiek/infwarerr.sty) (/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/generic/oberdiek/ifluatex.sty) (/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/generic/oberdiek/ltxcmds.sty) (/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/generic/oberdiek/ifpdf.sty) (/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/ge...

2x speed boost from Mac OS X 10.5 to 10.6 upgrade
I just upgraded a late-2007 iMac from OS X 10.5 to 10.6, and there's a 2x speed increase in IDL 7.1! I thought I had seen the same thing with my MacBookPro, but I wasn't sure. So I ran IDL's time testing routines before and after the upgrade--about 1 hour apart. Short Answer from TIME_TEST2 10.5: 0.376995 seconds 10.6: 0.198143 seconds GRAPHICS_TIMES: 0.132045 seconds, no difference Here are the long results from TIME_TEST2. Same exact computer. All other applications were closed and quit. Both tests were run 10 times in a row so the minimum time could be selected. In both ca...

ZoomView problem in Mac OS X 10.2.x & 10.3.x
Hello Everyone This mail is sent to more groups and mailing lists in different countries, also groups, which normally not uses the English language as the native list language, so - PLEASE DO NOT ANSWER TO THIS MESSAGE! - but read it carefully and then follow the instructions regarding answering at the buttom of this mail. I have discovered a bug in Mac OS X 10.2.x and up to latest version 10.3.= 8. When you activate the controlpane *ZoomView* for enlargement and put it either in 'Normal mode' - i.e. black text on white background, - or in "Reverse Mode" - i.e. white text on black background. So today - Thursday, March 3rd, 2005, I contacted the Apple Support for dealers and professionals here and told them about the problem. The problem is as follows. - Activating ZoomView in normal mode does not change anything. Everything is, as it should be. - Activating ZoomView in reverse mode does not change anything. Everything is normal. Activating the zoom factor with _any_ value - fx. +1,5, 2.0, 3.0 etc. - now changes the behaviour of ZoomView, when you for example open Diskutility from the dock or the Controlpanes window. clicking on the Diskutility icon in the dock suddenly makes the arrow move to the lower left corner of the monitor's viewable area, _IF_ you do not touch the mouse right after clicking on the icon. clicking on one of the panes icons in the open Controlpane window makes the arrow moves to the lower left corner of the monitor...

XML::RSS Install Fails on Mac OS X 10.6 (Perl 5.10)
After upgrading from Mac OS 10.5 to 10.6, I found as usual that most of my Perl modules were gone; also Apple upgraded to Perl 5.10. So, I reinstalled stuff using cpan, but XML::RSS failed after several tries. It seems to follow the prerequisite tree through DateTime:: and then things start to look bad when it tries to install Params::Validate. Does anyone know what might be wrong? I tried it several times, also tried to install Params::Validate directly but got similar results. Here is the part where it looks like things start to look bad... Creating new 'Build' scri...

54g Wireless
Hi there, I have two apple laptops coming into our work network - one is an oldish IBook with an original Airport card which supports 64bit WEP and the other is a brand new IBook with 128bit WEP security. Our wireless network router is a belkin but only allows us to set 64 bit OR 128 bit - is there anyway of allowing either of these computers onto the network whilst securing it? Thanks Wesley Blue Wezza <blue-wezza@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: > I have two apple laptops coming into our work network - one is an oldish > IBook with an original Airport card which supports 64bit W...

Japanese text entry problem Mac OS X 10.3.4 -- Kotoeri grayed out in i8n text entry palette
I've activated kotoeri text entry (romaji, hiragana, etc) in the internationalization system preferences dialogue. I can successfully enter text in Japanese kana, however, there is no kanji conversion as you would expect with hitting the space key. It's as if the dictionary used is missing. Does anyone know the path to the dictionary file that kotoeri uses, or is there some setup component that I may be missing? I have an older ti powerbook that is upgraded to 10.3.4 Thanks Sean ...

Dear All: Them pesky bugs. A few more squashed courtesy of the sleepy pixel. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new in v11 ------------ Fixed some comprehensive help [NRi]. Fixed scale option placeholder [NRi]. Improved application and document icons. Example files now double-click to open in application. What's new in v12 ------------ Added layout option tooltips [NRi]. Fixed layout popup button changing wrong graph [MKe]. Clicking on warning icon now opens Activity window [NRi, AM]. Revert menu item now disabled. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff www.pixelglow.com ...

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.13 (v13) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Dear All, I've just released the newest version of Mac Graphviz, featuring shapefile support and enhanced zoom. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ Shapefiles supported include PDF, EPS, PS, JPEG, PNG and all Quicktime formats. Either specify an absolute or relative (to working directory) file path, or a URL using the shapefile attribute. Developers can now also use the graphviz.framework directly with #include headers in C e.g. using Xcode "Add Frameworks..."; documentation is available from the main Graphviz site -- http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/libguide.pdf Changes ------- Added drawer and zoom menu commands [DWa, NRi]. Added intelligent window zooming [NRi]. Added shapefile support. Added UTF-8 support [RSc]. Added cvtgxl, gvpack and gvpr tools [BSw]. Fixed page setup then close unexpectedly invoking save dialog [PRo]. HTML-like labels now work on 10.2 (use embedded expat instead of libxml2). Improved internal frameworks (added headers, consolidated dylibs). Tracked main build of 23 June. Graphviz is still free, but I'm now accepting donations for it. Enjoy! Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff www.pixelglow.com ...

Hi all, Yet another Graphviz version. The old application icon had been voted off the island, and brand new application and document icons flown in for the task. Comprehensive help features in this version too. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new: ------------ Added new application and document icons. Added comprehensive help. Fixed changes not affecting graph size displaying incorrectly [BTr]. Fixed export then close crashing the export of an open window. Improved shadowed frame for graph [NRi]. Improved status display [NRi]. Changed sources to pure BSD license. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff www.pixelglow.com ...

Mex yprime.c compile failed matlab r2010a mac os x 10.6.6 xcode 4 gcc v4.2.1
Dear all, I am new to this topic. I just wanted to follow the steps to build a mex file from my mac. I am using a matlab r2010a on a mac with os x 10.6.6. I have the xcode4 installed. After typed in mex -setup in the matlab prompt, the output are as follows, Options files control which compiler to use, the compiler and link command options, and the runtime libraries to link against. Using the 'mex -setup' command selects an options file that is placed in ~/.matlab/R2010a and used by default for 'mex'. An options file in the current working directory or spe...

Mac OS X 10.3.6
Apple released Mac OS X 10.3.6 today and it fixes the problem with Expert fonts not displaying correctly. http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300080 "Paul" <Oops@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:Oops-FE5F94.22113505112004@news1.news.adelphia.net... > Apple released Mac OS X 10.3.6 today and it fixes the problem with > Expert fonts not displaying correctly. > > http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300080 Thanks for the info. Ted In article <Oops-FE5F94.22113505112004@news1.news.adelphia.net>, Paul <Oops@nowhere.com> wrote: > Apple released Mac OS X 10.3.6 today and it fixes the problem with > Expert fonts not displaying correctly. > > http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300080 There are some reports today on Adobe's InDesign forum of a few glitches with this update, e.g., some Firewire hard drives not recognized as existing. It might be prudent to wait for a bit on this one. Paul Harris Paul Harris <p.harris@wordworks.ca> wrote: > In article <Oops-FE5F94.22113505112004@news1.news.adelphia.net>, Paul > <Oops@nowhere.com> wrote: > > > Apple released Mac OS X 10.3.6 today and it fixes the problem with > > Expert fonts not displaying correctly. > > > > http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300080 > > > > There are some reports today on Adobe's InDesign forum of a few > glitches with this update...

Compiling plan9port under Mac OS X 10.6
Has anyone had success with compiling plan9port under Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)? I've submitted an issue report at http://code.swtch.com/plan9port/issue/27/compiling-under-snow-leopard that provides the error messages I received. I then tried adding CC9=gcc -m32 to a $PLAN9/LOCAL.config file, but when running ./install I ended up with a variety of the following errors: >>> /Users/--/plan9/config: line 1: -m32: command not found Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 2:53 AM, plus 852<plus852@gmail.com> wrote: > Has anyone had success with compiling plan9port under Mac OS X 10.6 > (Snow Leopard)? I've submitted an issue report at > http://code.swtch.com/plan9port/issue/27/compiling-under-snow-leopard > that provides the error messages I received. I then tried adding > CC9=gcc -m32 to a $PLAN9/LOCAL.config file, but when running ./install > I ended up with a variety of the following errors: > >>>> /Users/--/plan9/config: line 1: -m32: command not found moving to plan9port-dev On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 04:53, plus 852<plus852@gmail.com> wrote: > CC9=gcc -m32 to a $PLAN9/LOCAL.config file, but when running ./install > I ended up with a variety of the following errors: >>>> /Users/--/plan9/config: line 1: -m32: command not found If LOCAL.config is a shell script, then the shell interprets "CC9=gcc" as setting a shell variable named CC9 to gcc, and -m32 as the...

Does an app run Mac O X 10.4 when it has been built on Mac OS 10. 3+
Hello. I don't have Mac OS X 10.4 yet, my application is built on Mac OS X 10.3.9, does The application can run properly on Mac OS 10.4 ? Thanks ming --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.org Hi Ming, Yes, almost everything should work without modification. I only found one thing in Tiger that worked differently than Panther, and it was easy to fix once I got a complete report of what was going on. HTH,...

Mac OS X Server 10.6.8 and SMB
I am trying to get SMB server to work in Server Admin on Snow Leopard Server. The AFP server works. No problem. However, I have SMB turned on and yet, every time I try to connect from another Mac, I get: There was a problem connecting to the server "myserver.domain" You do not have permission to access this server. If I then change the URL in "Connect to Server ..." from smb:// to afp:// I have no problem mounting the specific volume. In Server Admin, I have the Role defined as "Standalone Server" because I don't need it for anything such as being a Primary Domain Controller. I can use the same share point as I have defined for AFP, right? I clicked on "Share Points" in the tool bar, clicked the share point desired to share and then dragged the users desired for this to the window under the Permissions tab. Is there anywhere on the web that explains this setup simply and clearly? Thanks. In article <6e725f78-ec34-4944-b37f-93d5e9860561@googlegroups.com>, Jack Shown <jackshown@gmail.com> wrote: > I am trying to get SMB server to work in Server Admin on Snow Leopard Server. > The AFP server works. No problem. However, I have SMB turned on and yet, > every time I try to connect from another Mac, I get: > > There was a problem connecting to the server "myserver.domain" > You do not have permission to access this server. > > If I then cha...

DNS problem with Mac OS X 10.6 and later
hello list, Our setup: - a MAN network with thousand of Mac computers running Mac OS X 10.4, = 10.5 and 10.6 - two linux servers running dhcp-3.1.3ESV and bind-9.5.0P2, redundant as = a cooperation, this is the main DHCP/DNS servers for the MAN - a multitude of servers running Mac OS X Server (10.4, 10.5, 10.6) for = our clients, not centralized, connected to the MAN - 13 DNS zones - HSRP network by Cisco with circa 20 loop of a 23-bit range address = (ex. : 10.29.32.1/23, 10.29.36.1/23, 10.29.52.1/23, .../23), that is the = MAN Each clients computers are connected to the cen...

A change to OS X 10.3.6
I ran into a change in OS X... pretty sure it changed in 10.3.6, though I do not tested that to be certain. It used to be that if I wanted to print a Word document, I could simply drag it to the printer icon and Word would open, the print dialog would pop-up, I could adjust settings, and the file would print. I did that today with a file with moderate amounts of formatting... Word never opened, but OS X now uses its own Word interpreter to read the file and print it - and it looked completely different than what I wanted. I was printing it to good paper, so that sorta sucked. Any thoughts? -- If A = B and B = C, then A = C, except where void or prohibited by law. Roy Santoro, Psycho Proverb Zone (http://snipurl.com/BurdenOfProof) "Snit" <SNIT@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote in message news:BDD255E7.14BAB%SNIT@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID... >I ran into a change in OS X... pretty sure it changed in 10.3.6, though I >do > not tested that to be certain. > > It used to be that if I wanted to print a Word document, I could simply > drag > it to the printer icon and Word would open, the print dialog would pop-up, > I > could adjust settings, and the file would print. > > I did that today with a file with moderate amounts of formatting... Word > never opened, but OS X now uses its own Word interpreter to read the file > and print it - and it looked completely different than what I wanted. I > was > printing it to go...

MATLAB and Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
Dear all I have read the few messages about MATLAB and Snow Leopard. Here is another problem. MATLAB runs fine on a Macbook Pro but on the Mac Pro I have a font problem. Switching to the new Apple monospaced font Menlo partly overcame the problem but I do not have the font for line numbers in the editor and also publishing does not show a real font. I have played around with all options in "Preferences -> Fonts -> Costum" but without success. Does anyone know where to change the font for the line numbers? Best, Martin Dear all, a clean installation on a second harddrive sol...

Java update for Mac OS X 10.6 and later
APPLE-SA-2012-09-05-1 Java for OS X 2012-005 and Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 10 Java for OS X 2012-005 and Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 10 are now available and address the following: Java Available for: Mac OS X v10.6.8, Mac OS X Server v10.6.8, OS X Lion v10.7 or later, OS X Lion Server v10.7 or later, OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 or later Description: �An opportunity for security-in-depth hardening is addressed by updating to Java version 1.6.0_35. Further information is available via the Java website at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/security/alert- cve-2012-4681-1835715.html CVE-ID CVE-2012-0547 Java for OS X 2012-005 and Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 10 may be obtained from the Software Update pane in System Preferences, or Apple's Software Downloads web site: http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/ For Mac OS X v10.6 systems The download file is named: JavaForMacOSX10.6.dmg Its SHA-1 digest is: 6218979ae4eaef5ea7849cb4455e2c6f8bf362d2 For OS X Lion and Mountain Lion systems The download file is named: JavaForOSX.dmg Its SHA-1 digest is: e0750c72972b8a2ccbcb3144bb31d74419276387 Information will also be posted to the Apple Security Updates web site: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222 This message is signed with Apple's Product Security PGP key, and details are available at: https://www.apple.com/support/security/pgp/ -- I am Woman; watch me vote! Michelle Steiner <michelle@michelle.org> writes: &...

Mac OS 9.x included in Mac OS X?
Hi, I read that Mac OS X has a so-called classic mode which emulates Mac OS 9.x so that older applications can still be run. Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought separately? Peter >Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include >Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought >separately? If you buy the installer for OS X it *does not* include OS 9. You generally use the copy of OS 9 that came with your computer in order to install C...

Mac OS X & Mac OS X Server
Hi, I'm currently using a 9i developer release on Mac OS X (10.3) which has proved very stable so far. My understanding of the various Oracle press releases is that 10G will be released for Mac OS X, are there any beta testers out there wiling to comment on availabilitu/quality/performance issues for 10G on Mac OS X? Another question is whether tools such as the OEM will be available in 10G for Mac OS X, does anybody know? Yours in anticipation! Steve Steve <steve@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<2004013008345616807%steve@nospamcom>... > releases is that 10G will be released for Mac OS X, are there any beta > testers out there wiling to comment on availabilitu/quality/performance > issues for 10G on Mac OS X? The PR suggests they've been clear that the OS X release will be production quality .. though since it won't be a "volume" platform, one may wonder about this in practise. > Another question is whether tools such as the OEM will be available in 10G > for Mac OS X, does anybody know? From what I've seen of screenshots, I believe OEM 10g is web-based JSP, so this seems likely. But just my inference, no real info. I use remote OEM from another box on my Powerbook for now (either XWindows or Windows Remote Desktop). SQL Plus otherwise.. Cheers Stu stuartc@mac.com (Stu Charlton) wrote in message news:<21398ab6.0402020845.4f2c5027@posting.google.com>... > Steve <steve@nospam.com> wrote...

Web resources about - Bad link with Mac OS X 10.6 - comp.text.tex

Link - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pages that link to "Wikipedia:Press coverage 2001" - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pages that link to "Wikipedia:Press coverage 2001" ← Wikipedia:Press coverage 2001 Jump to: navigation , search What links here Page: Namespace: ...

Belgian nuclear guard shot, prosecutor rules out militant link
Two days after bomb attacks at Brussels airport and on a packed metro killed 31 people and injured hundreds, a security guard who worked at a ...

Some users reporting iPhone crashes on iOS 9.3 when tapping links in Safari and other apps
... been reported on older phones and some iPad models as well. The cause is unknown, but many users are finding themselves unable to open links ...

Monday morning links
Why Are Millennial Men Such Wimps? Any college president who adopts the rhetoric of “safe spaces” is already lost. Related, “MY THERAPIST JUST ...

Trump’s Worldview Links U.S. Might With Economic Bargaining: NYT
Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump tells newspaper in interview he might stop buying oil from Saudi Arabia unless it committed ...

Current Links
... Narayana Kocherlakota**: [The Fed's Credibility Dilemma](http://equitablegrowth.org/must-read-naraya…dibility-problem/) **Most-Recent Links:** ...

“John Travolta has some odd requests when he’s staying at hotels” links
John Travolta’s hotel rider: he will only be massaged by men & he brings his own sheets to hotels. Also, aluminum foil on the windows. [The Blemish] ...

The Latest: Interpol helping Belgium establish terror links
BRUSSELS (AP) — The Latest on the suicide bombings this week in Brussels (all times local):

Marin from Link's Awakening confirmed for Hyrule Warriors
Marin from Link's Awakening is joining the cast of Hyrule Warriors , Nintendo announced this evening during the company's Hyrule Warriors Legends ...