Beamer and pgfcore.sty for MikTex

Hey all,

I'm using MikTex 2.4 (e-TeX, Version 3.141592-2.2), and I'm trying to get the
Beamer package to work so that I can create slides. However, when I try to
build the doc, I get the following error:

	! LaTex Error: File `pgfcore.sty' not found.

The error comes from the first line of beamer.cls, which is

	\RequirePackage{beamerbasercs}

So, do I need some other package installed first or where should I get this
missing file?

Thanks.

Dave

Seems like you need the pgf package...

0
gagabriel1 (96)
11/21/2005 11:28:15 PM
Gabriel Guernik wrote:
 > Seems like you need the pgf package...

Okay, it now works... kind-of. It generates the PDF file, but Acrobat Reader
says it can't find one fo the fonts (though it's not handy enough to tell me
which font).  The header goodies that I have are:

\documentclass{beamer}
\usepackage{simlab}
\usepackage{amsmath}
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
\usepackage{pstricks,pst-node,pst-text,pst-3d}
\usepackage{epsfig}
\usepackage{amsmath}
\usepackage{amsfonts}

Any idea how I might debug and fix this problem?

Thanks.

Dave
Check the .log file, it should say whether there were any problems in
the compilation, which fonts where used, etc.

0
gagabriel1 (96)

beamer
Hi I am new to LaTeX and beamer, and want to learn them. I installed MikTeX with beamer package. I downloaded an example 'bt.tex' and use this command pdflatex bt.tex I got a complain ! LaTeX Error: File `pgfcore.sty' not found. I found one such file on the internet, but I do not know where I shall save it. Can some one please tell? thank you bird wrote: > I am new to LaTeX and beamer, and want to learn them. > I installed MikTeX with beamer package. > I downloaded an example 'bt.tex' and use this command > > pdflatex bt.tex > >...

pgfcore.sty error for MikTex
Hey group, I'm using MikTex 2.4 , and I'm trying to create slides by using Beamer package. However, when I try to build the doc, I get the following error: ! LaTex Error: File `pgfcore.sty' not found. So, do I need some other package installed first or where should I get this missing file? Thank you in advance... "pascalnouma" <cattug@gmail.com> writes: >I'm using MikTex 2.4 , and I'm trying to create slides by using Beamer >package. However, when I try to >build the doc, I get the following error: > >! LaTex Error: File `pgfcore.sty&...

trouble with beamer: pgfcore.sty not found.
I was trying to get beamer working. I *think* I followed all directions but seem to be stuck somewhere! When I test with `pdflatex generic-ornate-15min-45min.en.tex` it gives me an error. ! LaTeX Error: File `pgfcore.sty' not found. Now I do have pgf. A locate shows: /home/foouser/test/latex/beamer/pgfcore.sty /home/foouser/texmf/tex/generic/pgf/latex/pgf/basiclayer/pgfcore.sty What might I be doing wrong? Any clues or tests I can run? -- Rahul Rahul <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote in news:Xns9B299007F9D7D6650A1FC0D7811DDBC81@85.214.90.236: > I was trying to get beamer ...

text-text

MiKTex+Beamer
Hello I recently upgraded do MiKTeX 2.7 on a PC Windows XP with Adobe Reader 8.1.and the overlay feature of Beamer seems to be broken. Here is a minimal example: \documentclass{beamer} \usepackage{amsmath,amssymb,amsfonts} \usetheme{Madrid} \usecolortheme{lily} \begin{document} \begin{frame} \frametitle{A list} \pause Some text ... \begin{itemize}[<+->] \item one; \item two; \item three; \item four. \end{itemize} \end{frame} \begin{frame} \frametitle{Blabla} Some text here ... \begin{align*} N & = (d_nd_{n-1} \ldots d_1d_0)_b \\ \pause & = d_n b^n + d_{n-1} b^{n-1} + \cdo...

text + text
What is "text + text" supposed to do right now? It doesn't seem very useful to me. What about making "text + text" as an equivalent for "text || text"? Most strongly-typed programming languages do this. And MS SQL Server too, I think (CMIIW). -- dave ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 1: subscribe and unsubscribe commands go to majordomo@postgresql.org Am Freitag, 8. Oktober 2004 12:57 schrieb David Garamond: > What is "text + text" supposed to do right now? Nothing. > What a...

incalc.sty, kvsetkeys.sty and packages for use with (e)TeX
Hello Mr Oberdiek, 1) I noticed that you leave the command ...@AtEnd defined after the end of the input. Your packages generally starts with: \TMP@EnsureCode... \edef\...@AtEnd{\...@AtEnd \noexpand \endinput } May be you could add \let\noexpand\...@AtEnd =\relax (or \noexpand\@undefined). 2) I don't know it this is wanted or even possible to know if a package is loaded by \RequirePackage or via \input or \InputIfFileExits (may be the file stack contain some information) but if you: \input intcalc.sty\relax in a LaTeX document you get either: LaTeX Warning: You...

setting TeX text variable depending on keyval-generated param? (low-level TeX question)
I am using keyval to set a "scaled" parameter and am having trouble getting the right behavior, which is: If I \usepackage{package} with no [scaled] option, I want to set a variable to a compile-time-specified default, say "s*[a.b]". If I \usepackage[scaled]{package}, same thing. And if I \usepackage[scaled=x.y], I want to set the variable to "s*[x.y]". (This is for font scaling, and I've used as my model the Helvetica scaled parameter.) The variable name (for the purposes of this conversation) is pnm@scaled. What I have that's not working correctly is: \expandafter\ifx\csname pmn@scaled\endcsname\relax \let\pmn@scaled\@empty \else \edef\pmn@scaled{s*[1.2]}% \fi I think what this says is "if pnm@scaled is not defined (case 1), leave it empty, otherwise set it to "s[1.2]". But the else clause is not working correctly, and I don't know how to differentiate between "defined by keyval but with no value" and "defined by keyval but with a value". Also I'm pretty sure I don't really know the difference between \let and \edef. Any help gratefully appreciated. Thanks. JDO john_owens@yahoo.com schrieb: > I am using keyval to set a "scaled" parameter and am having trouble > getting the right behavior, which is: > > If I \usepackage{package} with no [scaled] option, I want to set a > variable to a compile-time-specified default, say "s*[a.b]". > ...

Beamer: hyphenate text
Is there a way to get the beamer package to hyphenate text, in paticular in a block? Dieter Kilsch ...

beamer: translator.sty?
The beamer package includes base\beamerbasetheorems.sty with the line: \IfFileExists{translator.sty}{\RequirePackage{translator}}{} However, translator.sty is not part of the beamer distribution. Is this file available someplace? Alternatively, how are the names for theorem-like objects supposed to be translated when using beamer? I can't find anything in the documentation. Thanks. George Pearson MacKichan Software, Inc. ...

beamer in miktex and texlive
This is really odd. I wrote a slide show in beamer. It basically has the following structure: \documentclass[11pt,noamsthm]{beamer} \usepackage{beamerthemesplit} \usepackage{type1cm} \usepackage{cancel} \usepackage{amsmath} \usepackage{amssymb,amsfonts} \usetheme{default} \useinnertheme{rounded} \usecolortheme{crane} \usefonttheme{professionalfonts} \newcommand{\utext}[1]{\qquad\text{(#1)}} % unit in equation \newcommand{\unitv}[1]{\mathbf{\hat{#1}}} % unit vector \title{Practice Exam} \author{Physics} \date{\today} \begin{document} \frame{\frametitle{Problem 1} Solve this problem... \b...

beamer and kvoptions.sty
Hello. I just recently installed beamer using the WinEdt package manager. I started running some of the sample file. Some ran fine. Some give me the error: `kvoprions.sty' not found. But, I have this file, and I thought it was properly placed by the package manager. The package manager seems to put everything else in the right place. It put this in: C:\texmf\tex\latex\oberdiek . LaTex manages to find everything else in C:\texmf\tex\latex . Do I need to do something special to get it to find files in the new oberdiek sub-directory? Thank you for your help. adam "Adam"...

listings.sty and beamer

framed.sty + chngpage.sty + float.sty
dear latex wizards---I am getting some interactions between packages framed, cngpage, and float. I would like to have floats that are style "float", which have a colored background, and which extend into the marginparwidth. alas, I can get floats with colored background, or floats which extend into the marginparwidth, but not both. this is easy to show with the latex segment below. (if there is a more advanced package out there that has more features than float.sty that cover this, please let me know and ignore this post.) any help would be appreciated. sincerely, /ivo welch ...

Pages

Beamer: math characters in text
Hi, as scientist I often use Greek letters in a non-mathematical context, e.g., $\alphaup$-subunit (using the kp-fonts, but $\alpha$ gives the same problem). Then alpha is in math-color, rather than text-color. Of course one could change mathcolor, but that would also affect the display of math proper. It would also not work in other contexts, say, in \frametile. Any suggestions? Thanks Engelbert Am Samstag, den 13.08.2011, 09:05 -0400 schrieb Dr Engelbert Buxbaum:=20 > Hi, >=20 > as scientist I often use Greek letters in a non-mathematical context,=20 > e.g., $\alphaup...

Why does $TEXT() not return text?
I am looking at a file I have created named TMGUSRI2.m This is with GT.M 6.2-002A Here is a stat of the .m file and the .o file kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EHR/p$ stat TMGUSRI2.m File: `TMGUSRI2.m' Size: 19171 Blocks: 40 IO Block: 4096 regular file Device: 821h/2081d Inode: 705008 Links: 1 Access: (0744/-rwxr--r--) Uid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Gid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Access: 2015-08-10 20:50:51.000000000 -0400 Modify: 2015-06-23 20:23:12.000000000 -0400 Change: 2015-06-23 20:23:11.000000000 -0400 Birth: - kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EH...

beamer: bare text is greyed out
I have a set of beamer slides, where mysteriously, some text that is written as just plain or bare text, outside of an itemize or other enclosing context appears greyed out on the slides. Environment: I'm using pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2, with beamer 2005/10/23 cvs version 3.06 on debian linux/stable, from the tetex distribution An example is the slide at http://euclid.psych.yorku.ca/SCS/Gallery/Test/AARMS29-bad.jpg produced from the following, where the figure caption "Ideas behind ..." is greyed out. \begin{frame} \frametitle{HE plots: Visualizing \mat{H} and ...

fourier.sty installation on MiKTeX
Here are the revised step for installing fourier on MiKTeX: 0. Log on as administrator. 1. Unzip the archive and put everything into its appropriate subdirectory of C:\localtexmf 2. If it doesn't already exist, create the file C:\localtexmf\web2c\updmap.cfg and insert the lines # fourier Map fourier.map #localtexmf\dvips\fourier\fourier.map Map fourier-utopia-expert.map #localtexmf\dvips\fourier\fourier-utopia-expert.map 3. Update the fndb. 4. Execute the command 'updmap --mkmaps' Still can't view dvi files, though. What's the reason? Any improveme...

Beamer and Miktex 2.5
Dear all, I am trying to generate a beamer presentation with miktex 2.5. The dvi looks just fine, but when I convert the dvi to eps (as an intermediate step to generate the pdf), the figures are gone. If I later use ps2pdf, the figures do not show up in the pdf either. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? Thanks renato.r.lopes@gmail.com wrote: > Dear all, > > I am trying to generate a beamer presentation with miktex 2.5. The dvi > looks just fine, but when I convert the dvi to eps (as an intermediate > step to generate the pdf), the figures are gone. If I later use p...

beamer text margin in notes
Bonjour, I use notes in beamer to have personal notes on slides but the default text width on the note slides is too large: part of words does not appear on the right. Is there a way to re-define the default text width for the notes? Thank you. Fran=E7ois Patte ...

Beamer right align text
Hi all, I have some text in a beamer slide and at the bottom i have link "Back" which i would like to placed at the right end of the slide. This is how i did it \begin{columns} \column{0.8\textwidth} \column{0.2\textwidth} \hyperlink{disc}{\beamergotobutton{Go Back}} \end{columns} Is there some sort of alignment option which obviates the need for columns? Many thanks Saptarshi On Jul 24, 11:50 am, sapsi <saptarshi.g...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > I have some text in a beamer slide and at the bottom i have link > "Back" which i would like to placed at t...

Encryption from text to text...
I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into another form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out there? Thanks. In article <418f03f8@news.starhub.net.sg>, Kelvin <thefatcat28@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. You can look on CPAN (<http://search.cpan.org>) for various Crypt:: modules. FYI: this newsgroup is defunct. Try co...

color.sty, xcolor.sty, pstricks.sty relationship
Here's the situation. A document, run off on a version of LaTeX about five years old, uses color.sty and pstricks.sty. Works fine. Run off on a current version of LaTeX, it also works fine. However, the DVI output is completely different, and when converted to PostScript, the resulting PS file is also completely different. The printed output appears to be the same--but how can I tell for certain? Also, looking at the LaTeX log shows that color.sty is no longer being loaded at all. Has it been subsumed into xcolor.sty? Finally, looking at the PS files, it appears that one promi...

Web resources about - Beamer and pgfcore.sty for MikTex - comp.text.tex