Beamer: hyphenate text

Is there a way to get the beamer package to hyphenate text, in paticular
in a block?

Dieter Kilsch
0
kilsch (15)

text-text

text + text

Surrounding text with text
I was wondering if it was possible to surround a text body with text like so: +--------------+ |ABCDEFGHIJKLM | |H N| |A Main Body O| |L Text goes P| |B here Q| |-=+_ZYXWVUTSR | | | | | | | | | +--------------+ This seems far-fetched, but just curious. I suppose that I could just move stuff around by hand in the GIMP later on, but there's probably a {better,more {extensible,clean}} way of doing it from (La)TeX. -FreeSmith ptjm@interlog.com (Patrick TJ McPhee) wrote in message news:<bffbhe$per$1@news.eusc.inter...

text 2 text

Why does $TEXT() not return text?
I am looking at a file I have created named TMGUSRI2.m This is with GT.M 6.2-002A Here is a stat of the .m file and the .o file kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EHR/p$ stat TMGUSRI2.m File: `TMGUSRI2.m' Size: 19171 Blocks: 40 IO Block: 4096 regular file Device: 821h/2081d Inode: 705008 Links: 1 Access: (0744/-rwxr--r--) Uid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Gid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Access: 2015-08-10 20:50:51.000000000 -0400 Modify: 2015-06-23 20:23:12.000000000 -0400 Change: 2015-06-23 20:23:11.000000000 -0400 Birth: - kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EH...

Encryption from text to text...
I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into another form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out there? Thanks. In article <418f03f8@news.starhub.net.sg>, Kelvin <thefatcat28@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. You can look on CPAN (<http://search.cpan.org>) for various Crypt:: modules. FYI: this newsgroup is defunct. Try comp.lang.perl.misc in the future. On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:35:46 +0800, Kelvin wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. I'm not sure how secure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decode, (there's 26 letters). Not secure, but nice easy and simple.mine not sure how sercure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decoed, (theres 26 letters). Not sercure, but nice easy and simple. -- Andre...

Pages

Reading Text File, Text Scrolling and erase line from a text file
Hi , How can I Reading Text File, then Text Scrolling by means of keys "page UP" "page Down" and erase a specific line from a text file , when press "F2" key? Best Regards, Lidia from Poland -- ========================================= Pozdrawiam Lidiaa Lidiaa schrieb: > Hi , > > How can I Reading Text File, then Text Scrolling by means of > keys "page UP" "page Down" and erase a specific line from a text > file , when press "F2" key? > > ...

Highlight text in text box
I want to highlight any existing text, in a text box, when I click on it, like when I Tab into the text box. I can't find anything in the help. Any help is appreciated ShyGuy You can use selstart and sellength properties of a textbox in order to select any existing text. In order to select the whole text of textbox01, use, me.textbox01.selstart=0 me.textbox01.sellength=len(nz(me.textbox01)) Regards, Ramesh ShyGuy <shyguy@shytown.com> wrote in message news:<44nhi0d9qnsvdru1lu5l0d3ncuvuqsi39p@4ax.com>... > I want to highlight any existing text, in a text box, when I click on > it, like when I Tab into the text box. I can't find anything in the > help. > > Any help is appreciated > > ShyGuy I tried to send this twice and couldn't figure out why it wasn't showing up. The I checked and realized that it was going to your email address. Don't know why.. anyway... Thank you very much. That works great with my text box. I tried it with a combo box but it didn't work. I tried adding SelText but it still didn't work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ShyGuy On 23 Aug 2004 01:39:41 -0700, bhandaritwo@yahoo.com (Ramesh Kumar Bhandari) wrote: >You can use selstart and sellength properties of a textbox in order to >select any existing text. In order to select the whole text of >textbox01, use, >me.textbox01.selstart=0 >me.textbox01.sellength=l...

highlight text in text widget
Hi, I am trying to make widget that displays text. I also want a search keywords available. The way I have envisioned is something similar to emacs search, i.e. it highlights all the occurrences of the keyword that you are interested in. I am trying to find out if that kind of highlighting be done in widget_text or some other widgets. Can anyone help? Thanks neon writes: > I am trying to make widget that displays text. I also want a search > keywords available. The way I have envisioned is something similar to > emacs search, i.e. it highlights all the occurrences of the keyword &g...

Text in images to a text file
Hello, Does anyone know of any software for Linux which converts text in images to a text file. I have loads of paper documents that I intend to scan. The contents of these documents needs to eventually end up on a web site but as text. Darren <bobblebob@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1151612491.407262.124690@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com > Does anyone know of any software for Linux which converts text in > images to a text file. I have loads of paper documents that I intend > to scan. The contents of these documents needs to eventually end up > on a web site but as text....

text in a widget, text-widget
hello i have an application with a couple of text widgets but i would like to add some functionalities that at first and second sight are not directly supported by the plain text widget itself - ? for example i would like certain lines of text within the textwidget to take different background colors according to certain parameters also i would like to be able to detect certain sentences or words that would become 'links' and by clicking them i would open up different windows any suggestions to solutions and widgets for the above problems ? - i probably could...

Text ( unicode ) To Text (ANSI)
Dear Sir, I have a text file ( unicode) i want to transfer this file to text ( Ansi ) by command Read up on MultiByteToWideChar and WideCharToMultiByte http://windowssdk.msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/Intl/unicode_17si.asp ...

Flowing text around text
Hi all, Could please someone tell me how to get text flowing around a framed piece of text with colored background? Something like: text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text ----------------------------------------------- text text text text | Some piece of information goes here | text text text text | | text text text text | Some piece of information goes here | text text text text | ...

Text filtering in a text field
Hi, am new to SKILL and would like to do some text checking and filtering for illegal characters in the text field. Meaning I have a text field in my form that is only to be with text, not any of the symbols (i.e. ~!@#$%^&* and so on). When the user input and saved the fields, those characters won't be allowed to be saved. What will be the best way to filter out only text? Only numbers? Terence <terrylau77@gmail.com> writes: > Hi, am new to SKILL and would like to do some text checking and > filtering for illegal characters in the text field. Meaning I have a > text f...

matrix and text to a text file
Hi, I know some similar question have been solved before but I have been reading for a while and I didn't find the answer of my question so, I ask you. I want to create a text-file (.txt) where I will have some text and some matrixs. The format that i want is something like that: -Title- Name1. Name2. power(dbm): big matrix (12000X400) aprox frequency(hz) vector(1x12) aprox So, i created a m-file that can do this writing with fprintf every single character on the file using lots of for loops. It works good but if the matrix is that size it could take a time (about 7 min...

raw text, source text?
I have two people who write me using Gmail and the format of the emails I get is bad. It has capital �'s all over the place. I can't tell the pattern. At the end of most llines and other places. It can't send an apostrophe correctly. Instead it looks like �tm And something it sends looks like ·� � � � � � �, Maybe this is just more A's but what it looks like in my email is some Germanic R with a big dot next and 6 tiny �'s that look like the surf coming in. Once a month ago the email from one sender came in looking good, but he told me...

Fit text in a Text Box
Hello friends, I have a curious doubt, imagine I have a text box, and inside, a text that I dont know the lenght. Depending on the box's size and letter's size, I can fit the box. But the box's size is fixed, so I just can modify the size's letter. How can I be right with letter's size, if I dont know the lenght of string (text)? Is there any simple function for this case? Thanks in advance, greetings. Pedro Moreno On 10-08-31 04:25 PM, pedro moreno wrote: > I have a curious doubt, imagine I have a text box, and inside, a text > that I dont know the lenght. Depe...

Text recognition and Text to speech
I'm working on a project for Blind assistance using OCR and TTS . if you can help with the CODES needed for both phases of text recognition and text to speech conversion ...

Highlighy text in Text Box
Using an InputBox, there is the option to *suggest* text (Default). It appears highlighted and can be accepted or replaced by the user. I am attempting to create my own input form which has one Text Box, one command button (cmdAccept ) and a simple label to tell the user to make an entry. What I cannot do is to mimic that suggested default input string. Can someone show me how to do it? The following code is from a test program with two forms. '#### this is on FrmMain Private Sub Option1_Click() ' Other Event selected - 14 character maximum With FrmBGOther ...

\pubid text overlaps with text
Hello, While using the IEEEtrans file, I put the \pubid{0000--0000/00\$00.00~\copyright~2005} before the \maketitle as directed. However, the body of the text over laps with the pubid text. What I am doing wrong? Thanks. ...

text file not mac text
please remind me of the difference. An 8-bit prog. I have needs ASCII text. if I save a file as TEXT or simpletext on a mac, it isnt accepted. I remember 'forked files' but no details...... Is there a II utilty to 'convert' a mac text file to acceptable II ascii text? thanks. cornelio <cornelio@san.rr.com> wrote: > please remind me of the difference. An 8-bit prog. I have needs ASCII > text. if I save a file as TEXT or simpletext on a mac, it isnt accepted. > I remember 'forked files' but no details...... > > Is there a II utilty to '...

Text Color in Copied Text
I use Mathematica for all my class notes, and occasionally copy things from code editors that use color to highlight different constructs. In an earlier version (probably 5.2) the color highlighting copied over when I pasted it into a Text cell, but now this doesn't happen - all b/w. I don't see any way around this. Any ideas? Thanks, Kevin ...

Web resources about - Beamer: hyphenate text - comp.text.tex

Opinion: Why I don't hyphenate Chinese American - CNN.com
Eric Liu explains why in his new book, he calls himself "Chinese American" without a hyphen.

‘Jurassic’s Joseph Mazzello Grows Into Hyphenate Role With ‘Undrafted’
Joseph Mazzello, the kid from Jurassic Park , is getting underway with his feature directorial debut Undrafted , a baseball film that stars Aaron ...

Looking For A Career Change? 6 Reinvention Tips From The Ultimate Multi-Hyphenate
... About Mary producer to bestselling author and graphic novelistdiscusses the lessons learned by continuous reinvention of his multi-hyphenate ...

Here Are Two Last Names You Probably Shouldn't Hyphenate
Two people coming together in marriage is a beautiful, beautiful thing. Unfortunately, sometimes the blending of surnames isn't as beautiful. ...

Happy Columbus Day, Because Italian-American Is the Least-Needed Hyphenate
I wrote about Seattle’s Indigenous People’s Day the other day, and if that article wasn’t enough to show that I have no deep thoughts on the ...

To Have and to Hyphenate: The Marriage Name Game
WHEN I first met my husband-to-be at a publishing party several years ago, he glanced at my name tag and saw Kismet. Actually he saw ''Peterson,'' ...

Millennial Actress Refuses to Hyphenate her American Identity
Millennial actress Raven Symone has dared to de-hyphenate her identity in the face of the goddess O:“I’m tired of being labeled. I’m an American. ...

Couples who would do well not to hyphenate their names upon getting married
Some of these are hilarious, and, no, it wouldn’t be a good idea for these couples to do the hyphenated name thing. If you have any more real ...

Revenge! …. “You’ve got to… A-C-C-E-N-T-U-A-T-E the Hyphenate, E-L-I-M-I-N-A-T-E the Enemy” ….
…. ¶ Tune in…. to the negative and let’s work the whole thing out¶….. “ALL ABOARD the Divisional Express” !!! Move along, move along,…. tickets ...