beamer - pgfcore.sty

Hi

I am new to LaTeX and beamer, and want to learn them.
I installed MikTeX with beamer package.
I downloaded an example 'bt.tex' and use this command

     pdflatex bt.tex

I got a complain

    ! LaTeX Error: File `pgfcore.sty' not found.

I found one such file on the internet, but I do not know
where I shall save it. Can some one please tell?

thank you

0
bird (42)

bird wrote:

> I am new to LaTeX and beamer, and want to learn them.
> I installed MikTeX with beamer package.
> I downloaded an example 'bt.tex' and use this command
>
>      pdflatex bt.tex
>
> I got a complain
>
>     ! LaTeX Error: File `pgfcore.sty' not found.
>
> I found one such file on the internet, but I do not know
> where I shall save it. Can some one please tell?

Read the FAQ:

http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=instpackages

Best regards,

Jose Carlos Santos
0
jcsantos (1100)
4/9/2006 4:43:35 PM

"Jos�� Carlos Santos" <jcsantos@fc.up.pt> wrote:
> Read the FAQ:
>
> http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=instpackages

soloved.

Thank you!

0
bird (42)

text-text

text + text

incalc.sty, kvsetkeys.sty and packages for use with (e)TeX
Hello Mr Oberdiek, 1) I noticed that you leave the command ...@AtEnd defined after the end of the input. Your packages generally starts with: \TMP@EnsureCode... \edef\...@AtEnd{\...@AtEnd \noexpand \endinput } May be you could add \let\noexpand\...@AtEnd =\relax (or \noexpand\@undefined). 2) I don't know it this is wanted or even possible to know if a package is loaded by \RequirePackage or via \input or \InputIfFileExits (may be the file stack contain some information) but if you: \input intcalc.sty\relax in a LaTeX document you get either: LaTeX Warning: You have requested package `', but the package provides `intcalc'. Or: ! LaTeX Error: Can be used only in preamble. The fact that each line conciensciously end with % makes me think that that file could be loaded anywhere... But i admit this 2) point is also a question of design. Best regards. GL <gouailles@gmail.com> wrote: > 1) I noticed that you leave the command ...@AtEnd > defined after the end of the input. > > Your packages generally starts with: > \TMP@EnsureCode... > \edef\...@AtEnd{\...@AtEnd \noexpand \endinput } > > May be you could add \let\noexpand\...@AtEnd =\relax > (or \noexpand\@undefined). I have added it (\@undefined) for the packages that define `\...@AtEnd' with a final `\endinput' at least. > 2) I don't know it this is wanted or even possible > to know if a...

setting TeX text variable depending on keyval-generated param? (low-level TeX question)
I am using keyval to set a "scaled" parameter and am having trouble getting the right behavior, which is: If I \usepackage{package} with no [scaled] option, I want to set a variable to a compile-time-specified default, say "s*[a.b]". If I \usepackage[scaled]{package}, same thing. And if I \usepackage[scaled=x.y], I want to set the variable to "s*[x.y]". (This is for font scaling, and I've used as my model the Helvetica scaled parameter.) The variable name (for the purposes of this conversation) is pnm@scaled. What I have that's not working correctly is: \expandafter\ifx\csname pmn@scaled\endcsname\relax \let\pmn@scaled\@empty \else \edef\pmn@scaled{s*[1.2]}% \fi I think what this says is "if pnm@scaled is not defined (case 1), leave it empty, otherwise set it to "s[1.2]". But the else clause is not working correctly, and I don't know how to differentiate between "defined by keyval but with no value" and "defined by keyval but with a value". Also I'm pretty sure I don't really know the difference between \let and \edef. Any help gratefully appreciated. Thanks. JDO john_owens@yahoo.com schrieb: > I am using keyval to set a "scaled" parameter and am having trouble > getting the right behavior, which is: > > If I \usepackage{package} with no [scaled] option, I want to set a > variable to a compile-time-specified default, say "s*[a.b]". > ...

listings.sty and beamer

beamer: translator.sty?
The beamer package includes base\beamerbasetheorems.sty with the line: \IfFileExists{translator.sty}{\RequirePackage{translator}}{} However, translator.sty is not part of the beamer distribution. Is this file available someplace? Alternatively, how are the names for theorem-like objects supposed to be translated when using beamer? I can't find anything in the documentation. Thanks. George Pearson MacKichan Software, Inc. ...

beamer and disappearing text
Hello. I have been scratching my head for many hours now over this one. This issue is actually causing me all kinds of problems, but I can shrink it down to a three-frame example... Basically, in this example, I set frames #1 and #3 to be exactly the same. BUT, frame #1 displays perfectly while frame #3 blanks out the text "In your practice, are computers or other forms of IT used for..." . The only frame between them is one that also works perfectly---3 uses of the definition environment. What is frame #2 doing to screw up frame #3? I include some code below which parallels what I explained above. Thank you. adam __ %FRAME #1 \begin{frame} \frametitle{Data} \framesubtitle{Variable Construction} \vspace{-20pt} \begin{description} \item[constructing the \alert{dependent} variable---\textbf{HIT adoption}] In your practice, are computers or other forms of IT used for... \begin{itemize} \item ...communicating with patients? \item ...researching treatment options? \item ...checking the contents of the formulary? \item ...issuing reminders? \item ...taking notes on patients? \item ...issuing prescriptions? \item ...sharing clinical information? \end{itemize} \end{description} \end{frame} %FRAME #2 \begin{frame} \frametitle{Hypotheses} %\framesubtitle{Hypotheses} \vspace{-20pt} \begin{definition} some text. \end{definitio...

beamer and kvoptions.sty
Hello. I just recently installed beamer using the WinEdt package manager. I started running some of the sample file. Some ran fine. Some give me the error: `kvoprions.sty' not found. But, I have this file, and I thought it was properly placed by the package manager. The package manager seems to put everything else in the right place. It put this in: C:\texmf\tex\latex\oberdiek . LaTex manages to find everything else in C:\texmf\tex\latex . Do I need to do something special to get it to find files in the new oberdiek sub-directory? Thank you for your help. adam "Adam" <aslitwin@hotmail.com> schrieb: > Hello. I just recently installed beamer using the WinEdt package > manager. I started running some of the sample file. Some ran fine. > Some give me the error: > > `kvoprions.sty' not found. > > But, I have this file, and I thought it was properly placed by the > package manager. The package manager seems to put everything else in > the right place. It put this in: > > C:\texmf\tex\latex\oberdiek . > > LaTex manages to find everything else in C:\texmf\tex\latex . Do I > need to do something special to get it to find files in the new > oberdiek sub-directory? No. If latex doesn't find files in latex\oberdiek there is either a typo or the filename database has not been updated correctly. Close YAP (it sometimes looks the filename databases) and type on a command line initexmf -u ...

Beamer: hyphenate text
Is there a way to get the beamer package to hyphenate text, in paticular in a block? Dieter Kilsch ...

framed.sty + chngpage.sty + float.sty
dear latex wizards---I am getting some interactions between packages framed, cngpage, and float. I would like to have floats that are style "float", which have a colored background, and which extend into the marginparwidth. alas, I can get floats with colored background, or floats which extend into the marginparwidth, but not both. this is easy to show with the latex segment below. (if there is a more advanced package out there that has more features than float.sty that cover this, please let me know and ignore this post.) any help would be appreciated. sincerely, /ivo welch \documentclass[12pt]{book} \setlength{\textwidth}{4in} % make it more obvious \usepackage{color} \usepackage{float} \usepackage{chngpage} \usepackage{framed}\definecolor{shadecolor}{gray}{0.75} \makeatletter % we need to redefine float@end to extend the table-rules. thanks to morten hogholm. \renewcommand\float@end{\@endfloatbox \ifdim\linewidth<\columnwidth \global\setbox\@currbox\float@makebox\columnwidth \else \global\setbox\@currbox\float@makebox\linewidth \fi \let\@endfloatbox\relax\end@float} \makeatother \floatstyle{ruled} \restylefloat{table} \newif\ifuseshaded \useshadedtrue % set this to false to show that it works w/o framed \begin{document} \marginpar{\footnotesize this is a marginal note to text.} some text. some text. some text. some text. some text. some text. some text. \begin{table}[H] \begin{adjustwidth}{}{-\marginparwidth} \ifusesha...

Strike out a text in beamer in overlay
I was wondering whether it would be possible to strike out a text in beamer in overlay. An example is shown here. \begin{itemize} \item I \item We\pause \item They \item You\pause \end{itemize} Now, the last two items are shown in normal font, and then at next mouse click, they get struck out. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Regards. MMasroorAli schrieb: > I was wondering whether it would be possible to strike out a text > in beamer in overlay. > > An example is shown here. > > \begin{itemize} > \item I > \item We\pause > \item They > \item You\pause > \end{itemize} > > Now, the last two items are shown in normal font, and then at next > mouse click, they get struck out. > > Any suggestion will be appreciated. > > Regards. > Have a look at soul.sty, you may find an example on my homepage: <http://www.uweziegenhagen.de/latex/templates.php?latex=1> Uwe On Oct 25, 10:24 pm, Uwe Ziegenhagen <newsgr...@ziegenhagen.info> wrote: > MMasroorAli schrieb: > > > > > I was wondering whether it would be possible to strike out a text > > in beamer in overlay. > > > An example is shown here. > > > \begin{itemize} > > \item I > > \item We\pause > > \item They > > \item You\pause > > \end{itemize} > > > Now, the last two items are shown in normal font, and then at next > > mouse click, they get struck out. > > >...

Pages

etex.sty : Why e-TeX ?
Well... the matter sounds somewhat like a provocation. But for such a "package" that extends the plain TeX kernel, I'd expected one could load it without LaTeX. Am I missing something on CTAN ? FC PS: For the CTAN team at: http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/etex-pkg.html there is the sentence: "The etoolbox and etextools packages provide macros that make more sophisticated use of e-TeX�s facilities." As the author of etextools, I can say that this package is rather experimental or for educational purpose, and to be honest not really safe. Mention of etoolbox (from P Lehman) would be enough ! Thanks. GL wrote, On 2012-07-20 13:02: > Well... the matter sounds somewhat like a provocation. > But for such a "package" that extends the plain TeX kernel, > I'd expected one could load it without LaTeX. > > Am I missing something on CTAN ? > > FC > > PS: For the CTAN team > at: > http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/etex-pkg.html > > there is the sentence: > "The etoolbox and etextools packages provide macros that make more > sophisticated use of e-TeX�s facilities." > > As the author of etextools, I can say that this package is rather > experimental or for educational purpose, and to be honest not really > safe. Mention of etoolbox (from P Lehman) would be enough ! > > Thanks. ...

text 2 text

Why does $TEXT() not return text?
I am looking at a file I have created named TMGUSRI2.m This is with GT.M 6.2-002A Here is a stat of the .m file and the .o file kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EHR/p$ stat TMGUSRI2.m File: `TMGUSRI2.m' Size: 19171 Blocks: 40 IO Block: 4096 regular file Device: 821h/2081d Inode: 705008 Links: 1 Access: (0744/-rwxr--r--) Uid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Gid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Access: 2015-08-10 20:50:51.000000000 -0400 Modify: 2015-06-23 20:23:12.000000000 -0400 Change: 2015-06-23 20:23:11.000000000 -0400 Birth: - kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EH...

Surrounding text with text
I was wondering if it was possible to surround a text body with text like so: +--------------+ |ABCDEFGHIJKLM | |H N| |A Main Body O| |L Text goes P| |B here Q| |-=+_ZYXWVUTSR | | | | | | | | | +--------------+ This seems far-fetched, but just curious. I suppose that I could just move stuff around by hand in the GIMP later on, but there's probably a {better,more {extensible,clean}} way of doing it from (La)TeX. -FreeSmith ptjm@interlog.com (Patrick TJ McPhee) wrote in message news:<bffbhe$per$1@news.eusc.inter...

Beamer right align text
Hi all, I have some text in a beamer slide and at the bottom i have link "Back" which i would like to placed at the right end of the slide. This is how i did it \begin{columns} \column{0.8\textwidth} \column{0.2\textwidth} \hyperlink{disc}{\beamergotobutton{Go Back}} \end{columns} Is there some sort of alignment option which obviates the need for columns? Many thanks Saptarshi On Jul 24, 11:50 am, sapsi <saptarshi.g...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > I have some text in a beamer slide and at the bottom i have link > "Back" which i would like to placed at the right end of the slide. > This is how i did it > > \begin{columns} > \column{0.8\textwidth} > \column{0.2\textwidth} > \hyperlink{disc}{\beamergotobutton{Go Back}} > \end{columns} > > Is there some sort of alignment option which obviates the need for > columns? > > Many thanks > Saptarshi Try either \hfill \hyperlink{disc}{\beamergotobutton{Go Back}} or \makebox[\linewidth][r]{\hyperlink{disc}{\beamergotobutton{Go Back}}} Werner > Try either > \hfill \hyperlink{disc}{\beamergotobutton{Go Back}} > or > \makebox[\linewidth][r]{\hyperlink{disc}{\beamergotobutton{Go > Back}}} > > Werner Both work excellently. Thanks Saptarshi ...

color.sty, xcolor.sty, pstricks.sty relationship
Here's the situation. A document, run off on a version of LaTeX about five years old, uses color.sty and pstricks.sty. Works fine. Run off on a current version of LaTeX, it also works fine. However, the DVI output is completely different, and when converted to PostScript, the resulting PS file is also completely different. The printed output appears to be the same--but how can I tell for certain? Also, looking at the LaTeX log shows that color.sty is no longer being loaded at all. Has it been subsumed into xcolor.sty? Finally, looking at the PS files, it appears that one prominent difference is that where the old file mentions "Black" as a color, the new file mentions "TeXcolorgray". What's with that? Andrew Koenig wrote: > Here's the situation. > > A document, run off on a version of LaTeX about five years old, uses > color.sty and pstricks.sty. Works fine. > > Run off on a current version of LaTeX, it also works fine. However, the DVI > output is completely different, and when converted to PostScript, the > resulting PS file is also completely different. The printed output appears > to be the same--but how can I tell for certain? > > Also, looking at the LaTeX log shows that color.sty is no longer being > loaded at all. Has it been subsumed into xcolor.sty? > > Finally, looking at the PS files, it appears that one prominent difference > is that where the old file me...

Type-written text to TeX?
Slightly OT, but I have several hundred pages of typewritten material already scanned in. (I just have a PDF file with one image per page.) There is a small amount of maths in it, but not much. Can anyone advise me of a good OCR program to use? I'd prefer a Linux program, but am not religious. I tried gocr, which was useless, and am presently trying clara, which looks as though it might work, although it seems to require several degrees in Computer Science to understand and use. Also, is there a program to abstract the images from the PDF file? I've written a little Java program to ...

Converting pain text to TeX
Hi, I am trying to convert a plain text file to TeX format. For this I wrote a awk script to convert double quotes to the correct type in TeX, as in #!/usr/bin/awk -f # DQ2TQ : Converts double qoutes in plaint text file to TeX format # USAGE # dq2tq filename > newfilename BEGIN { count = 0 } /"/ { for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) {if (count % 2 == 0) {sub(/"/,"``",$i);count++} else {sub(/"/,"''",$i);count++}} } { print } However this does not seem to work right. Given the following input : " " " " &...

Encryption from text to text...
I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into another form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out there? Thanks. In article <418f03f8@news.starhub.net.sg>, Kelvin <thefatcat28@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. You can look on CPAN (<http://search.cpan.org>) for various Crypt:: modules. FYI: this newsgroup is defunct. Try comp.lang.perl.misc in the future. On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:35:46 +0800, Kelvin wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. I'm not sure how secure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decode, (there's 26 letters). Not secure, but nice easy and simple.mine not sure how sercure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decoed, (theres 26 letters). Not sercure, but nice easy and simple. -- Andre...

beamer text margin in notes
Bonjour, I use notes in beamer to have personal notes on slides but the default text width on the note slides is too large: part of words does not appear on the right. Is there a way to re-define the default text width for the notes? Thank you. Fran=E7ois Patte ...

Beamer: math characters in text
Hi, as scientist I often use Greek letters in a non-mathematical context, e.g., $\alphaup$-subunit (using the kp-fonts, but $\alpha$ gives the same problem). Then alpha is in math-color, rather than text-color. Of course one could change mathcolor, but that would also affect the display of math proper. It would also not work in other contexts, say, in \frametile. Any suggestions? Thanks Engelbert Am Samstag, den 13.08.2011, 09:05 -0400 schrieb Dr Engelbert Buxbaum:=20 > Hi, >=20 > as scientist I often use Greek letters in a non-mathematical context,=20 > e.g., $\alphaup$-subunit (using the kp-fonts, but $\alpha$ gives the=20 > same problem). Then alpha is in math-color, rather than text-color.=20 >=20 > Of course one could change mathcolor, but that would also affect the=20 > display of math proper. It would also not work in other contexts, say,= =20 > in \frametile. >=20 > Any suggestions? >=20 > Thanks >=20 > Engelbert Search for "textalpha" plus "LaTeX" http://de.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX-Kompendium:_Sonderzeichen: Im Herbst 2010 ist das Paket textgreek auf CTAN erschienen. Es stellt im normalen Text \textalpha sowie alle anderen Griechischen Zeichen bereit (auch Gro=C3=9Fbuchstaben, \textPi), wechseln in den Mathemodus ist nicht notwendig. I did not test that. Bernhard On 2011-08-13, Dr Engelbert Buxbaum wrote: > as scientist I often use Greek letters in a non-mathematical context, > ...

beamer: bare text is greyed out
I have a set of beamer slides, where mysteriously, some text that is written as just plain or bare text, outside of an itemize or other enclosing context appears greyed out on the slides. Environment: I'm using pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2, with beamer 2005/10/23 cvs version 3.06 on debian linux/stable, from the tetex distribution An example is the slide at http://euclid.psych.yorku.ca/SCS/Gallery/Test/AARMS29-bad.jpg produced from the following, where the figure caption "Ideas behind ..." is greyed out. \begin{frame} \frametitle{HE plots: Visualizing \mat{H} and \mat{E} (co) variation} \begin{center} \includegraphics[width=.85\textwidth,clip]{fig/arcmanov1} \\ Ideas behind multivariate tests: (a) Data ellipses; (b) \H and \E matrices \end{center} \begin{itemize*} \item \mat{H} ellipse: data ellipse for fitted values, $\hat{\vec{y}}_{ij} = \bar{\vec{y}}_j$. \item \mat{E} ellipse: data ellipse of residuals, $\hat{\vec{y}}_{ij} - \bar{\vec{y}}_j$. \end{itemize*} \end{frame} There are many other examples where this occurs, even if I just have some plain text ("Here you can see:") before an itemized list, Here you can see: \begin{itemize} \item{First thing} \item{Second thing} \end{itemize} but it seems *not* to occur if a color is specified somewhere in the text. E.g., the text appears properly if I use \black{} \begin{center} \includegraphics[width=.85\textwidth,clip]{fig/arcmanov1} \\ \black{Ideas...

Web resources about - beamer - pgfcore.sty - comp.text.tex