beamer text margin in notes

Bonjour,

I use notes in beamer to have personal notes on slides but the default
text width on the note slides is too large: part of words does not
appear on the right.

Is there a way to re-define the default text width for the notes?

Thank you.

Fran=E7ois Patte

text + text

text-text

text 2 text

Encryption from text to text...
I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into another form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out there? Thanks. In article <418f03f8@news.starhub.net.sg>, Kelvin <thefatcat28@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. You can look on CPAN (<http://search.cpan.org>) for various Crypt:: modules. FYI: this newsgroup is defunct. Try comp.lang.perl.misc in the future. On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:35:46 +0800, Kelvin wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. I'm not sure how secure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decode, (there's 26 letters). Not secure, but nice easy and simple.mine not sure how sercure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decoed, (theres 26 letters). Not sercure, but nice easy and simple. -- Andre...

Pages

Why does $TEXT() not return text?
I am looking at a file I have created named TMGUSRI2.m This is with GT.M 6.2-002A Here is a stat of the .m file and the .o file kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EHR/p$ stat TMGUSRI2.m File: `TMGUSRI2.m' Size: 19171 Blocks: 40 IO Block: 4096 regular file Device: 821h/2081d Inode: 705008 Links: 1 Access: (0744/-rwxr--r--) Uid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Gid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Access: 2015-08-10 20:50:51.000000000 -0400 Modify: 2015-06-23 20:23:12.000000000 -0400 Change: 2015-06-23 20:23:11.000000000 -0400 Birth: - kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EH...

Surrounding text with text
I was wondering if it was possible to surround a text body with text like so: +--------------+ |ABCDEFGHIJKLM | |H N| |A Main Body O| |L Text goes P| |B here Q| |-=+_ZYXWVUTSR | | | | | | | | | +--------------+ This seems far-fetched, but just curious. I suppose that I could just move stuff around by hand in the GIMP later on, but there's probably a {better,more {extensible,clean}} way of doing it from (La)TeX. -FreeSmith ptjm@interlog.com (Patrick TJ McPhee) wrote in message news:<bffbhe$per$1@news.eusc.inter...

Beamer: sync notes with text appearance?
Is there a way to make sure that the \note appear in sync with the \item, e.g. \begin{itemize}[<+->] \item item one \note{note one\\} \item item two \note{note two\\} \end{itemized} The default behaviour is to show all the notes on the note screen at once. Is it possible to make note one appear with item one etc.? //Petter -- ..sig removed by request. On Sep 10, 5:55=A0pm, Petter Gustad <newsmailco...@gustad.com> wrote: > Is there a way to make sure that the \note appear in sync with the > \item, e.g. > > =A0 \begin{itemize}[<+->] > =A0 \item item one > =A0 \note{note one\\} > =A0 \item item two > =A0 \note{note two\\} > =A0 \end{itemized} > > The default behaviour is to show all the notes on the note screen at > once. Is it possible to make note one appear with item one etc.? Have you tried \onslide<1>{\note{note 1}}? Admittedly, this is not ideal but it's the only thing I can think of. I don't have a dual screen. I don't know how to test this solution. Regards, Marc van Dongen Marc van Dongen <dongen@cs.ucc.ie> writes: > On Sep 10, 5:55 pm, Petter Gustad <newsmailco...@gustad.com> wrote: > >> Is there a way to make sure that the \note appear in sync with the >> \item, e.g. >> >>   \begin{itemize}[<+->] >>   \item item one >>   \note{note one\\} >>   \item item two >>   \note{...

margin notes extend over text area
Hi all. Do you know of a way to have margin notes extend a bit into the textarea - which then has to wrap around it, of course? Something like Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore \mymarginnote{the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog} magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit giving Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et the q...

Text in bottom margin using Beamer
Frequently I need to put a reference to a publication at the bottom left of a slide, underneath a graphic or bullet points. What is the best way to do that, compromising between saving space for main text/graphics and not having the reference too far out in the bottom margin? Thanks Frank Harrell ...

Setting Parallel Text with Margin Notes
I'm typesetting a little experimental book that has some passages where texts need to run parallel to each other. The "parallel" package works great for this and is able to deal with spanning multiple pages and such. The trouble is that I need a tiny, 1- character margin note at the beginning of each parallel section. the parallel package does not like \marginpar. I looked at ledpar but I am confused about how to set non-synchronized columns and how to do the side-note. Any suggestions? best, -Brendan http://wintermute.org/brendan On Jul 27, 9:31=A0am, Brenda...

margin notes to move inside text
Hello! I want to make margin notes, that move into the continuous text and cut out the text there. meaning to get the typesetter to move the outer margin a bit aside to make place for a marginpar, but only on places where the marginpar is! It should for example look like this. (X = continues Text, A= margin par) XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX AAAAAA XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX AAAAAA XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I only heared from smalltalk that with Tex it is possible, but somebody can give me a hint, How? I searched but did only find "no...

Reading Text File, Text Scrolling and erase line from a text file
Hi , How can I Reading Text File, then Text Scrolling by means of keys "page UP" "page Down" and erase a specific line from a text file , when press "F2" key? Best Regards, Lidia from Poland -- ========================================= Pozdrawiam Lidiaa Lidiaa schrieb: > Hi , > > How can I Reading Text File, then Text Scrolling by means of > keys "page UP" "page Down" and erase a specific line from a text > file , when press "F2" key? > > ...

Text recognition and Text to speech
I'm working on a project for Blind assistance using OCR and TTS . if you can help with the CODES needed for both phases of text recognition and text to speech conversion ...

Text in images to a text file
Hello, Does anyone know of any software for Linux which converts text in images to a text file. I have loads of paper documents that I intend to scan. The contents of these documents needs to eventually end up on a web site but as text. Darren <bobblebob@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1151612491.407262.124690@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com > Does anyone know of any software for Linux which converts text in > images to a text file. I have loads of paper documents that I intend > to scan. The contents of these documents needs to eventually end up > on a web site but as text....

Highlight text in text box
I want to highlight any existing text, in a text box, when I click on it, like when I Tab into the text box. I can't find anything in the help. Any help is appreciated ShyGuy You can use selstart and sellength properties of a textbox in order to select any existing text. In order to select the whole text of textbox01, use, me.textbox01.selstart=0 me.textbox01.sellength=len(nz(me.textbox01)) Regards, Ramesh ShyGuy <shyguy@shytown.com> wrote in message news:<44nhi0d9qnsvdru1lu5l0d3ncuvuqsi39p@4ax.com>... > I want to highlight any existing text, in a text box, when I click on > it, like when I Tab into the text box. I can't find anything in the > help. > > Any help is appreciated > > ShyGuy I tried to send this twice and couldn't figure out why it wasn't showing up. The I checked and realized that it was going to your email address. Don't know why.. anyway... Thank you very much. That works great with my text box. I tried it with a combo box but it didn't work. I tried adding SelText but it still didn't work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ShyGuy On 23 Aug 2004 01:39:41 -0700, bhandaritwo@yahoo.com (Ramesh Kumar Bhandari) wrote: >You can use selstart and sellength properties of a textbox in order to >select any existing text. In order to select the whole text of >textbox01, use, >me.textbox01.selstart=0 >me.textbox01.sellength=l...

Text filtering in a text field
Hi, am new to SKILL and would like to do some text checking and filtering for illegal characters in the text field. Meaning I have a text field in my form that is only to be with text, not any of the symbols (i.e. ~!@#$%^&* and so on). When the user input and saved the fields, those characters won't be allowed to be saved. What will be the best way to filter out only text? Only numbers? Terence <terrylau77@gmail.com> writes: > Hi, am new to SKILL and would like to do some text checking and > filtering for illegal characters in the text field. Meaning I have a > text f...

highlight text in text widget
Hi, I am trying to make widget that displays text. I also want a search keywords available. The way I have envisioned is something similar to emacs search, i.e. it highlights all the occurrences of the keyword that you are interested in. I am trying to find out if that kind of highlighting be done in widget_text or some other widgets. Can anyone help? Thanks neon writes: > I am trying to make widget that displays text. I also want a search > keywords available. The way I have envisioned is something similar to > emacs search, i.e. it highlights all the occurrences of the keyword &g...

Flowing text around text
Hi all, Could please someone tell me how to get text flowing around a framed piece of text with colored background? Something like: text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text ----------------------------------------------- text text text text | Some piece of information goes here | text text text text | | text text text text | Some piece of information goes here | text text text text | ...

Fit text in a Text Box
Hello friends, I have a curious doubt, imagine I have a text box, and inside, a text that I dont know the lenght. Depending on the box's size and letter's size, I can fit the box. But the box's size is fixed, so I just can modify the size's letter. How can I be right with letter's size, if I dont know the lenght of string (text)? Is there any simple function for this case? Thanks in advance, greetings. Pedro Moreno On 10-08-31 04:25 PM, pedro moreno wrote: > I have a curious doubt, imagine I have a text box, and inside, a text > that I dont know the lenght. Depe...

\pubid text overlaps with text
Hello, While using the IEEEtrans file, I put the \pubid{0000--0000/00\$00.00~\copyright~2005} before the \maketitle as directed. However, the body of the text over laps with the pubid text. What I am doing wrong? Thanks. ...

Text disappearing from text fields...
Hello, I'm currently working with a MySQL backend and is trying to use FileMaker 9's Web Form capabilities as a front end. From FileMaker Pro's interface, I have used the ODBC to connect my FileMaker database to my MySQL tables. The schema and existing data records loads into FileMaker without a problem. However, when I'm trying to insert text (VARCHAR and TEXT) data from FileMaker, it blanks out and ends up only inserting a blank into MySQL. Default values set on the MySQL side only take effect if I left that field blank on FileMaker when I create a new record. Default field...

Beamer: use of \note and second mode text on second screen
I try to use notes for my self to be shown on the laptop where the slides are shown on the external screen. I can get the wide screen shown but no notes is apearing. Also when upgrading to Adobe Reader 8 I have some problems placing the output correct on the screen. Any help is apreciated. I use in the preamble: \usepackage{pgfpages} \setbeameroption{second mode text on second screen} and in the body \note{Tell about iterative} like this: \begin{frame} \frametitle{The systems identification process} Systems identification is typically a iterative process with the following steps: \pause \begin{enumerate}[<+->] \item Experimental design and gathering of measurement. \item Structure identification. \item Parameter estimation. \item Model validation. \end{enumerate} \note{Tell about iterative} \end{frame} -- Associate Prof. Ph.D Torben Knudsen Mobile : (+45) 2787 9826 Section of Automation and Control, Direct : 6 8694 Department of Electronic Systems, Email : tk@es.aau.dk Aalborg University Fredrik Bajersvej 7 DK-9220 Aalborg � Denmark ...

Web resources about - beamer text margin in notes - comp.text.tex

Lisa Beamer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lisa Beamer (born April 10, 1969 in Albany, New York) is the widow of Todd Beamer , a victim of the United Flight 93 crash as part of the September ...

Lloyd Banks - Beamer, Benz, or Bentley ft. Juelz Santana - YouTube
Music video by Lloyd Banks performing Beamer, Benz, or Bentley. (P) (C) 2010 G-Unit Records. All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction is ...

Brett Lee beamer breaks Shane Warne's hand
Shane Warne suffered a broken hand after being struck by an unintentional beamer from former Australia team mate Brett Lee in the MCC's seven-wicket ...

Brett Lee beamer breaks Shane Warne's hand
Shane Warne suffered a broken hand after being struck by an unintentional beamer from former Australia team mate Brett Lee in the MCC's seven-wicket ...

Callously Mowing Down Ducks With Your Beamer Is Probably Not A Crime
Five little ducks went out one day... and they died.

Winona Beamer dies at 84 on Maui
Honolulu, HI News - View Daily Local Business News, Resources & more in Honolulu, Hawaii. Winona Beamer, the gentle yet determined matriarch ...

CHART: Frank Beamer has been a rare force of stability in the volatile world of college football - Business ...
Frank Beamer has been a rare force of stability in the volatile world of college football.

VIDEOS: Frank Beamer, other FBS coaches take 'Ice Bucket Challenge'
Frank Beamer and several other FBS coaches have taken part in the viral 'ice bucket challenge' to help raise ALS awareness.

Bowl game roundup: Indiana falls to Duke in OT; Frank Beamer wins final game
Duke survived a wild finish at Yankee Stadium for its first bowl victory in 54 years.