beamer: translator.sty?

The beamer package includes base\beamerbasetheorems.sty with the line:

\IfFileExists{translator.sty}{\RequirePackage{translator}}{}

However, translator.sty is not part of the beamer distribution.

Is this file available someplace?  Alternatively, how are the names for
theorem-like objects supposed to be translated when using beamer?  I can't
find anything in the documentation.

Thanks.

George Pearson
MacKichan Software, Inc.

text + text

text-text

incalc.sty, kvsetkeys.sty and packages for use with (e)TeX
Hello Mr Oberdiek, 1) I noticed that you leave the command ...@AtEnd defined after the end of the input. Your packages generally starts with: \TMP@EnsureCode... \edef\...@AtEnd{\...@AtEnd \noexpand \endinput } May be you could add \let\noexpand\...@AtEnd =\relax (or \noexpand\@undefined). 2) I don't know it this is wanted or even possible to know if a package is loaded by \RequirePackage or via \input or \InputIfFileExits (may be the file stack contain some information) but if you: \input intcalc.sty\relax in a LaTeX document you get either: LaTeX Warning: You have requested package `', but the package provides `intcalc'. Or: ! LaTeX Error: Can be used only in preamble. The fact that each line conciensciously end with % makes me think that that file could be loaded anywhere... But i admit this 2) point is also a question of design. Best regards. GL <gouailles@gmail.com> wrote: > 1) I noticed that you leave the command ...@AtEnd > defined after the end of the input. > > Your packages generally starts with: > \TMP@EnsureCode... > \edef\...@AtEnd{\...@AtEnd \noexpand \endinput } > > May be you could add \let\noexpand\...@AtEnd =\relax > (or \noexpand\@undefined). I have added it (\@undefined) for the packages that define `\...@AtEnd' with a final `\endinput' at least. > 2) I don't know it this is wanted or even possible > to know if a...

Translation of text
Wondered if anyone has any experience with programs that extract text (all text incl. mtext and other) tag position, translate and then insert the text into the cad-file. Any libraries (java or C++) that could help me would also be highly appriciated!! Thanks in advance! ...

setting TeX text variable depending on keyval-generated param? (low-level TeX question)
I am using keyval to set a "scaled" parameter and am having trouble getting the right behavior, which is: If I \usepackage{package} with no [scaled] option, I want to set a variable to a compile-time-specified default, say "s*[a.b]". If I \usepackage[scaled]{package}, same thing. And if I \usepackage[scaled=x.y], I want to set the variable to "s*[x.y]". (This is for font scaling, and I've used as my model the Helvetica scaled parameter.) The variable name (for the purposes of this conversation) is pnm@scaled. What I have that's not working correctly is: \expandafter\ifx\csname pmn@scaled\endcsname\relax \let\pmn@scaled\@empty \else \edef\pmn@scaled{s*[1.2]}% \fi I think what this says is "if pnm@scaled is not defined (case 1), leave it empty, otherwise set it to "s[1.2]". But the else clause is not working correctly, and I don't know how to differentiate between "defined by keyval but with no value" and "defined by keyval but with a value". Also I'm pretty sure I don't really know the difference between \let and \edef. Any help gratefully appreciated. Thanks. JDO john_owens@yahoo.com schrieb: > I am using keyval to set a "scaled" parameter and am having trouble > getting the right behavior, which is: > > If I \usepackage{package} with no [scaled] option, I want to set a > variable to a compile-time-specified default, say "s*[a.b]". > ...

Text format translation
I have some lyrics on my iTunes, and I cut and paste them into Mail and e-mail these lyrics to someone on a Windows machine. The person on the Windows machine cuts the text from his e-mail and pastes the text to his iTunes - but without the line-feeds, the formatting is lost. I suppose I could first paste to an editor that will put in line feeds, but is there a simpler fix for this kind of translation? -- "In no part of the constitution is more wisdom to be found, than in the clause which confides the question of war or peace to the legislature, and not to the executive department.&q...

Translating Text Document
Good morning group. When I translate a text document into access, the data does not align exactly into the fields. It may be spread over three different fields. Two questions; How do I keep the text columns straight so the data is in the exact field? And, if the data cannot be placed into a single field, how can the fields be merged so that all the particular data falls into the field where it must be? Thanks Group! Norm Parsley > When I translate a text document into access, the data > does not align exactly into the fields. It may be spread over three > different fields...

beamer and kvoptions.sty
Hello. I just recently installed beamer using the WinEdt package manager. I started running some of the sample file. Some ran fine. Some give me the error: `kvoprions.sty' not found. But, I have this file, and I thought it was properly placed by the package manager. The package manager seems to put everything else in the right place. It put this in: C:\texmf\tex\latex\oberdiek . LaTex manages to find everything else in C:\texmf\tex\latex . Do I need to do something special to get it to find files in the new oberdiek sub-directory? Thank you for your help. adam "Adam" <aslitwin@hotmail.com> schrieb: > Hello. I just recently installed beamer using the WinEdt package > manager. I started running some of the sample file. Some ran fine. > Some give me the error: > > `kvoprions.sty' not found. > > But, I have this file, and I thought it was properly placed by the > package manager. The package manager seems to put everything else in > the right place. It put this in: > > C:\texmf\tex\latex\oberdiek . > > LaTex manages to find everything else in C:\texmf\tex\latex . Do I > need to do something special to get it to find files in the new > oberdiek sub-directory? No. If latex doesn't find files in latex\oberdiek there is either a typo or the filename database has not been updated correctly. Close YAP (it sometimes looks the filename databases) and type on a command line initexmf -u ...

listings.sty and beamer

beamer
Hi I am new to LaTeX and beamer, and want to learn them. I installed MikTeX with beamer package. I downloaded an example 'bt.tex' and use this command pdflatex bt.tex I got a complain ! LaTeX Error: File `pgfcore.sty' not found. I found one such file on the internet, but I do not know where I shall save it. Can some one please tell? thank you bird wrote: > I am new to LaTeX and beamer, and want to learn them. > I installed MikTeX with beamer package. > I downloaded an example 'bt.tex' and use this command > > pdflatex bt.tex > > I got a complain > > ! LaTeX Error: File `pgfcore.sty' not found. > > I found one such file on the internet, but I do not know > where I shall save it. Can some one please tell? Read the FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=instpackages Best regards, Jose Carlos Santos "Jos�� Carlos Santos" <jcsantos@fc.up.pt> wrote: > Read the FAQ: > > http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=instpackages > soloved. Thank you! ...

beamer and disappearing text
Hello. I have been scratching my head for many hours now over this one. This issue is actually causing me all kinds of problems, but I can shrink it down to a three-frame example... Basically, in this example, I set frames #1 and #3 to be exactly the same. BUT, frame #1 displays perfectly while frame #3 blanks out the text "In your practice, are computers or other forms of IT used for..." . The only frame between them is one that also works perfectly---3 uses of the definition environment. What is frame #2 doing to screw up frame #3? I include some code below which parallels what I explained above. Thank you. adam __ %FRAME #1 \begin{frame} \frametitle{Data} \framesubtitle{Variable Construction} \vspace{-20pt} \begin{description} \item[constructing the \alert{dependent} variable---\textbf{HIT adoption}] In your practice, are computers or other forms of IT used for... \begin{itemize} \item ...communicating with patients? \item ...researching treatment options? \item ...checking the contents of the formulary? \item ...issuing reminders? \item ...taking notes on patients? \item ...issuing prescriptions? \item ...sharing clinical information? \end{itemize} \end{description} \end{frame} %FRAME #2 \begin{frame} \frametitle{Hypotheses} %\framesubtitle{Hypotheses} \vspace{-20pt} \begin{definition} some text. \end{definitio...

Text translation program
Hi there, Recently I've heard that there are programs that will help me to translate text on cell phone. I read publications about that, but was not able to get any links for free trial at least. On Oct 9, 2:30 pm, ashley.ws...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi there, Recently I've heard that there are programs that will help > me to translate text on cell phone. I read publications about that, > but was not able to get any links for free trial at least. Hello. How are you feeling today friend? I heard about much usefully text translation program accessible for smartphones, ...

Beamer: hyphenate text
Is there a way to get the beamer package to hyphenate text, in paticular in a block? Dieter Kilsch ...

framed.sty + chngpage.sty + float.sty
dear latex wizards---I am getting some interactions between packages framed, cngpage, and float. I would like to have floats that are style "float", which have a colored background, and which extend into the marginparwidth. alas, I can get floats with colored background, or floats which extend into the marginparwidth, but not both. this is easy to show with the latex segment below. (if there is a more advanced package out there that has more features than float.sty that cover this, please let me know and ignore this post.) any help would be appreciated. sincerely, /ivo welch \documentclass[12pt]{book} \setlength{\textwidth}{4in} % make it more obvious \usepackage{color} \usepackage{float} \usepackage{chngpage} \usepackage{framed}\definecolor{shadecolor}{gray}{0.75} \makeatletter % we need to redefine float@end to extend the table-rules. thanks to morten hogholm. \renewcommand\float@end{\@endfloatbox \ifdim\linewidth<\columnwidth \global\setbox\@currbox\float@makebox\columnwidth \else \global\setbox\@currbox\float@makebox\linewidth \fi \let\@endfloatbox\relax\end@float} \makeatother \floatstyle{ruled} \restylefloat{table} \newif\ifuseshaded \useshadedtrue % set this to false to show that it works w/o framed \begin{document} \marginpar{\footnotesize this is a marginal note to text.} some text. some text. some text. some text. some text. some text. some text. \begin{table}[H] \begin{adjustwidth}{}{-\marginparwidth} \ifusesha...

Surrounding text with text
I was wondering if it was possible to surround a text body with text like so: +--------------+ |ABCDEFGHIJKLM | |H N| |A Main Body O| |L Text goes P| |B here Q| |-=+_ZYXWVUTSR | | | | | | | | | +--------------+ This seems far-fetched, but just curious. I suppose that I could just move stuff around by hand in the GIMP later on, but there's probably a {better,more {extensible,clean}} way of doing it from (La)TeX. -FreeSmith ptjm@interlog.com (Patrick TJ McPhee) wrote in message news:<bffbhe$per$1@news.eusc.inter...

Strike out a text in beamer in overlay
I was wondering whether it would be possible to strike out a text in beamer in overlay. An example is shown here. \begin{itemize} \item I \item We\pause \item They \item You\pause \end{itemize} Now, the last two items are shown in normal font, and then at next mouse click, they get struck out. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Regards. MMasroorAli schrieb: > I was wondering whether it would be possible to strike out a text > in beamer in overlay. > > An example is shown here. > > \begin{itemize} > \item I > \item We\pause > \item They > \item You\pause > \end{itemize} > > Now, the last two items are shown in normal font, and then at next > mouse click, they get struck out. > > Any suggestion will be appreciated. > > Regards. > Have a look at soul.sty, you may find an example on my homepage: <http://www.uweziegenhagen.de/latex/templates.php?latex=1> Uwe On Oct 25, 10:24 pm, Uwe Ziegenhagen <newsgr...@ziegenhagen.info> wrote: > MMasroorAli schrieb: > > > > > I was wondering whether it would be possible to strike out a text > > in beamer in overlay. > > > An example is shown here. > > > \begin{itemize} > > \item I > > \item We\pause > > \item They > > \item You\pause > > \end{itemize} > > > Now, the last two items are shown in normal font, and then at next > > mouse click, they get struck out. > > >...

etex.sty : Why e-TeX ?
Well... the matter sounds somewhat like a provocation. But for such a "package" that extends the plain TeX kernel, I'd expected one could load it without LaTeX. Am I missing something on CTAN ? FC PS: For the CTAN team at: http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/etex-pkg.html there is the sentence: "The etoolbox and etextools packages provide macros that make more sophisticated use of e-TeX�s facilities." As the author of etextools, I can say that this package is rather experimental or for educational purpose, and to be honest not really safe. Mention of etoolbox (from P Lehman) would be enough ! Thanks. GL wrote, On 2012-07-20 13:02: > Well... the matter sounds somewhat like a provocation. > But for such a "package" that extends the plain TeX kernel, > I'd expected one could load it without LaTeX. > > Am I missing something on CTAN ? > > FC > > PS: For the CTAN team > at: > http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/etex-pkg.html > > there is the sentence: > "The etoolbox and etextools packages provide macros that make more > sophisticated use of e-TeX�s facilities." > > As the author of etextools, I can say that this package is rather > experimental or for educational purpose, and to be honest not really > safe. Mention of etoolbox (from P Lehman) would be enough ! > > Thanks. ...

beamer text margin in notes
Bonjour, I use notes in beamer to have personal notes on slides but the default text width on the note slides is too large: part of words does not appear on the right. Is there a way to re-define the default text width for the notes? Thank you. Fran=E7ois Patte ...

Pages

beamer: bare text is greyed out
I have a set of beamer slides, where mysteriously, some text that is written as just plain or bare text, outside of an itemize or other enclosing context appears greyed out on the slides. Environment: I'm using pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2, with beamer 2005/10/23 cvs version 3.06 on debian linux/stable, from the tetex distribution An example is the slide at http://euclid.psych.yorku.ca/SCS/Gallery/Test/AARMS29-bad.jpg produced from the following, where the figure caption "Ideas behind ..." is greyed out. \begin{frame} \frametitle{HE plots: Visualizing \mat{H} and \mat{E} (co) variation} \begin{center} \includegraphics[width=.85\textwidth,clip]{fig/arcmanov1} \\ Ideas behind multivariate tests: (a) Data ellipses; (b) \H and \E matrices \end{center} \begin{itemize*} \item \mat{H} ellipse: data ellipse for fitted values, $\hat{\vec{y}}_{ij} = \bar{\vec{y}}_j$. \item \mat{E} ellipse: data ellipse of residuals, $\hat{\vec{y}}_{ij} - \bar{\vec{y}}_j$. \end{itemize*} \end{frame} There are many other examples where this occurs, even if I just have some plain text ("Here you can see:") before an itemized list, Here you can see: \begin{itemize} \item{First thing} \item{Second thing} \end{itemize} but it seems *not* to occur if a color is specified somewhere in the text. E.g., the text appears properly if I use \black{} \begin{center} \includegraphics[width=.85\textwidth,clip]{fig/arcmanov1} \\ \black{Ideas...

Why does $TEXT() not return text?
I am looking at a file I have created named TMGUSRI2.m This is with GT.M 6.2-002A Here is a stat of the .m file and the .o file kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EHR/p$ stat TMGUSRI2.m File: `TMGUSRI2.m' Size: 19171 Blocks: 40 IO Block: 4096 regular file Device: 821h/2081d Inode: 705008 Links: 1 Access: (0744/-rwxr--r--) Uid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Gid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Access: 2015-08-10 20:50:51.000000000 -0400 Modify: 2015-06-23 20:23:12.000000000 -0400 Change: 2015-06-23 20:23:11.000000000 -0400 Birth: - kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EH...

Translation of text in cad-files
Wondered if anyone has any experience with programs that extract text (all text incl. mtext and other) tag position, translate and then insert the text into the cad-file. Any libraries (java or C++) that could help me would also be highly appriciated!! Thanks in advance! ...

text 2 text

Text editor for translating files?
Hello, When translating files, it would be ideal to have side-by-side windows; the source file in the left window, and the target file in the right window, with "synchronized scrolling" (for want of a better name) between those windows. Ie. that wen you scrolled one of the windows, the other windows also scrolled to the same position (line) in the source file. a) is there a way to make gedit behave like that? b) are there any other text editors (running under FreeBSD) that have this feature? Note: need the editors to work on arbitrary text files, editors that are restricted to something less flexible doesn't help. I know about gtranslator (http://gtranslator.sourceforge.net/), but it is only for .po files. I also know about the XLIFF translation editor from the open-language-tools (https://open-language-tools.dev.java.net/) project, but it too lokks like it is reststricted to a more specialized file format. -- Torfinn Ingolfsen, Norway Hi Torfinn, I used to work on a version management system (ran under win32) a couple of years ago, which had the "compare and edit" functionality you are after. If you don't find a suitable "editor", perhaps you can find something useful looking for "version management" tools. I know it doesn't help much. It is just an idea which may prove to be useful (or completely useless). Regards, Keve -- if you need to reply directly: keve...

Web resources about - beamer: translator.sty? - comp.text.tex

Toledo School of Translators - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Toledo School of Translators ( Spanish : Escuela de Traductores de Toledo ) is the group of scholars who worked together in the city of Toledo ...

Microsoft Translator (@mstranslator) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Microsoft Translator @ mstranslator ...

App Store - myLanguage Free Translator
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about myLanguage Free Translator on the App Store. Download myLanguage Free ...

Microsoft Translator for iOS can now translate text within images
... rolling out support for Skype group video calling on mobile , Microsoft has just added support for image-based translation in Microsoft Translator ...

Microsoft has finished rolling out Skype Translator to all Windows users
... French, German, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish, and translate one to another as you video call your Skype contacts. "We launched Skype Translator ...

How the meaning of 'Father' and 'Son' has led to a split among Bible translators in America
Organisations devoted to translating the Bible into new languages have split over how far they should adapt translations to local conditions. ...

Microsoft's Translator app plays catch-up with Google
The version for iPhones now lets you use the device's camera to translate signs, menus and the like, while the version for Android devices can ...

Microsoft Translator gets offline and photo-based features
Microsoft rolled out a pair of super-useful updates to its Translator app on Thursday. Unfortunately, the new feature you get depends on which ...

Microsoft Launches AI-Enhanced Translator Customization
An updated Translator API offers new levels of customization that employ Microsoft's artificial intelligence technology.

MLB teams must hire full-time Spanish translators for 2016
MLB has issued a new directive that all 30 teams must hire a full-time Spanish translator for the upcoming 2016 season.