BiBTeX found no citation command;\footcite

I want to use the footbib.sty exclusively.  Only \footcite, no \cite.

I think my document is formatted correctly, but when I run BibTeX it
complains that there are no \citation commands.

How can I get around this?  I was all of my citations in footnotes.

From my file:
\usepackage{footbib}
\bibliography{bibliography}
\bibliographystyle{plain}
\footbibliography{bibliography}
\footbibliographystyle{plain}

The error:
The top-level auxiliary file: latex4.aux
The style file: plain.bst
I found no \citation commands---while reading file latex4.aux
Database file #1: bibliography.bib
(There was 1 error message)

This is on Mac OSX with TexShop and Wierda's i-installer version of Tex.
0
tron9 (34)

According to the footbib documentation, this package uses an own
bibliography file in order to allow separate footnote and regular
citations. Depending on the operating system a 'bibtex latex4.fb' (instead
of 'bibtex latex4') should help. I do not know, however, how the Mac
behaves on filenames like latex4.fb.aux etc. If there are problems with
that, look further down in that manual.

Regards,
   Cord

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 03:23:22 GMT, <tron@frege.homelinux.cutthis.org> wrote:

> I want to use the footbib.sty exclusively.  Only \footcite, no \cite.
>
> I think my document is formatted correctly, but when I run BibTeX it
> complains that there are no \citation commands.
>
> How can I get around this?  I was all of my citations in footnotes.
[...]

--
Cord Hockemeyer
Department of Psychology, University of Graz, Austria

Bibtex "I found no \citation commands"
I am using bibtex to create my bibliography, however it gives me the following error: "I found no \citation commands" Which is fair enough since Im not using any, I just want a list of references at the end of the document without citing them in the text itself, is this possible? Darren. Darren Bowen wrote: > I am using bibtex to create my bibliography, however it gives me the > following error: > > "I found no \citation commands" > > Which is fair enough since Im not using any, I just want a list of > references at the end of the document without citing them in the text > itself, is this possible? > > Darren. > > \nocite{*} Darren Bowen wrote: > I am using bibtex to create my bibliography, however it gives me the > following error: > > "I found no \citation commands" > > Which is fair enough since Im not using any, I just want a list of > references at the end of the document without citing them in the text > itself, is this possible? \nocite{*} gives you all entries in the .bib file, \nocite on specified items just gives you those items. Maarten ...

BibTeX year text citation problem
Aloha BibTeX masters: I am citing material that does not have a publication date, using the chicago style. My BibTeX entry has year = {n.d.}. This looks fine in the list of citations, but in the text I get (Monsarrat nd), where I would like to have (Monsarrat n.d.). I've tried fiddling with the BibTeX database: year = {{n.d.}}, year = {n\.d\.}, and even year = {{n\.d\.}} without success. Obviously, I'm thrashing about without a clue here and will be grateful for any assistance that can be had. Thanks in advance, Tom -- Thomas S. Dye Honolulu, Hawaii http://www.tsdye.com A quick-fix to your problem could be to use a "@booklet" entry in the ..bib file. It looks like it is the only entry where "year" is an optional field. Don't put anything in the year field, or leave it blank as follows year="" Regards, -- Omar Lakkis Institute of Applied and Computational Mathematics FORTH, P.O.Box 1527 Vassilika Vouton GR-71110 Iraklion, Greece (EU) day : +30-281-039-1423 home: +30-281-072-2047 fax : +30-281-039-1801 http://www.iacm.forth.gr/~omar email: omar@iacm.forth.gr Sorry, in reference to my last post. Also the following entry-types are date-free, in addition to @booklet: @manula, @misc, @unpublished Regards, -- Omar Lakkis Institute of Applied and Computational Mathematics FORTH, P.O.Box 1527 Vassilika Vouton GR-71110 Iraklion, Greece (EU) day : +30-281-039-1423 home: +30-281-072-2047 fax : +30-281-039-1801 htt...

BibTex Error "no \citation command"
Hi, I am having trouble getting my bibliography to appear in my document. I'm using TeXShop for mac and this is my first time using LaTeX and while there have been some hiccups, this one has really stumped me. Here's what I've done so far: ..bib and .tex files are in the same folder. Checked formatting issues within the .bib file by downloading sample .bib files from help sites. (they don't work either). \usepackage {apacite} at the top of the document. and \bibliographystyle{apacite} \bibliography{thesis} at the end of the file. I run LaTeX typeset, then bibtex typeset at which point I get this error: This is BibTeX, Version 0.99c (Web2C 7.5.7) The top-level auxiliary file: test.aux The style file: apacite.bst I found no \citation commands---while reading file test.aux Database file #1: thesis.bib apacite.bst [2009/03/01 v4.05 APA bibliography style] (There was 1 error message) Then I run LaTex typset again and again. The references heading appears, but no actual sources. What am I doing wrong? Many thanks for any help! On May 10, 5:14=A0pm, Evan <EvanGilles...@gmail.com> wrote: > What am I doing wrong? You need to say which references you want to appear! Either by choosing them in your .tex file using \cite{key}, or with \nocite{key} if nothing should appear in the text. If you want all entries from your bib file to appear, use \nocite{*} You can think of the .bib file as your database, and with \cite you pick the entries you wan...

color Text In Plot Titles witj TeX commands ?
All This is a slight revision of a previous question: Consider the string involving greek letters to appear in a plot title made with the command: St='{\eta}EH='; when used in a title argument, the string SetaEL plots like: etaEL= except that eta will be the actual greek letter of course. This works! BUT THE COLOR ID DEFAULT IS BLACK. ------------------------------------------------- THE QUESTION: How to change my St='{\eta}EH=' command USING TeX syntax, so it is say red? ( I do not want to use handles ) Thanks in advance....tony One response suggested: ...

storing text snippets (citations from a book, ideas) in bibtex format
Hi all, I am new to Latex and Bibtex so please excuse my ignorance. I have started using Jabref as my bibliographical database and it works as advertised so I am happy with that. What I was wondering is if there is a good way of storing text snippets in .bib format, for example a quotation from a book. When I try this in Jabref, I can of course create an @book entry and store the snippets for example under "abstract = {snippet1, snippet 2 etc}". But this does not seem to be very useful to me. What I was thinking of is a @snippet kind of document type that stores a text excerpt and a page number and either links to an book entry (like a foreign key in a relational database) or even contains the entire book entry (which would lead to duplicate entries if there are multiple excerpts from a single, but hey...) Does something like this exist? And if not, how do you handle large amounts of excerpts/wuotations when writing a scientific paper for example? cheers Arian Hi Arian, > excerpt and a page number and either links to an book entry (like a > foreign key in a relational database) Perhaps you look for "bibtex crossref"? -> google Greetings, Claas arkusk@googlemail.com wrote: > What I was wondering is > if there is a good way of storing text snippets in .bib format, for > example a quotation from a book. How about an entry of type 'inbook'? ...

Text bind command not selecting text
I am putting together a small report editor and need some help with the following problem. I would like the user to type in some text and then later be able to select either all of it or a portion of it for formatting (ie. centering, bold, italic,etc.) by typing in a command like Ctrl-A. The following code is what I came up for this process but for some reason the text does not get selected. Can someone tell why this code doesn't work? ################################################################ # use strict ; use Tk ; use Tk::NoteBook ; my $fTab ; my $mw = MainW...

Highlighting found words or portions of text in a text field
On a given record of an FMP6 base with a text field, is there a way to highlight all the occurrences of the search word or words. Say, like in the FMP Help. I seem to recall there was a plugin or a technique to do that, but which and where ? Thanks. Remi-Noel Remi-Noel I did once implement the technique, but can't remember all details. I do remember it was a b*tch to work with. It involved a field for each color you need. and a couple of intermediate fields. All these fields have to be on a layout, all the color attributes have to set AND there has to be always some text insid...

text + text

which: command not found
I have a configure file that uses the "which" command. Is this included in one of the ZIP archives? Thanks. Georg El 05/11/2011 18:37, Georg escribi�: > I have a configure file that uses the "which" command. Is this > included in one of the ZIP archives? Yes, /v2gnu/whic*.zip -- Manuel Collado - http://lml.ls.fi.upm.es/~mcollado > From: Georg <dosusb@googlemail.com> > Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 10:37:14 -0700 (PDT) > Bytes: 1248 > > I have a configure file that uses the "which" command. Is this > included in one of the ZIP archive...

bibtex.tex
Hi there, today, i try to compile the bibtex.tex (weaved from bibtex.web), and find the problem that was reported here 14 years ago: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.tex/browse_thread/thread/372379b0d90919aa/068dfc290cd8459b the similar problem and solution was reported here 18 years ago: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.tex/browse_thread/thread/bd7cffdfc532d875/789e192a9d0a542a i just wonder why this problem is also there. it's possible to update the source code of bibtex.web? regards, Jinsong Jinsong Zhao <Jinsong.Zhao@gmail.com> writes: >today, i try to compile the bibtex.tex (weaved from bibtex.web), and >find the problem that was reported here 14 years ago: >http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.tex/browse_thread/thread/372379b0d90919aa/068dfc290cd8459b > >the similar problem and solution was reported here 18 years ago: >http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.tex/browse_thread/thread/bd7cffdfc532d875/789e192a9d0a542a > >i just wonder why this problem is also there. it's possible to update >the source code of bibtex.web? sure, it's possible, but under the licence under which bibtex is released, it's not possible to distribute the resulting code. 18 years ago isn't all that long after bibtex 0.99c was released, so it might have been possible _then_ to get oren patashnik to change it. i doubt he's willing to work on this, now: last i heard, he keeps trying to find time for work on a bibte...

command not found
"MPlayer OSX" has a symbolic link in /usr/bin as "mplayer", and "stat - f %Y /usr/bin/mplayer" sees the alias as "/Users/lysdexia/Movies/ MPlayer/MPlayer\ OSX.app/Contents/MacOS/MPlayer\ OS", but "which mplayer" yields "no mplayer in /bin /sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin /usr/ local/bin /usr/local/sbin" and "mplayer" yields "-bash: mplayer: command not found". -Aut "Autymn D. C." <lysdexia@sbcglobal.net> writes: > "MPlayer OSX" has a symbolic link in /usr/bin as "mplayer", and "...

What is the command/Is there a command...
to run a proc stored in a file other than the MD? If it is a Data Basic (Pick Basic) or Flash basic program at TCL you enter "run [filename][programname]" and the program executes. What if the "program" is a proc? Is there a tcl command that passes the tcl level excution command to another file? I am running a VB program and using the TclCommand object to run a tcl command which is actually a proc. the proc is stored in a file named "procs" Therefore, to run a proc I have to have an item in the MD thus: md,example 001 pq 002 [procs example] 003 x procs,example 001 pq 002 .... 003 .... etc. Is there a way to eliminate the md item and call the proc directly? Thanks Mark RUNPROC 001 PQ 002 S2 003 (FILENAME) from tcl :RUNPROC PROCNAME where PROCNAME is an item in FILENAME. -Adam Here's another one: ed md DO 001 PQ 002 F 003 (PROX-LIB) PROX-LIB is the name of the Proc file we use. "Mark Taylor" <mxtaylorx@xlrim.netx> wrote in message news:Xns9505A1966FB2Fmxtaylorxxlrimnetx@66.170.196.249... > ashelley@inlandkwpp.com wrote in > news:7p4kc0llecio3a0i37hg726fkk6lr23pgg@4ax.com: > > > RUNPROC > > 001 PQ > > 002 S2 > > 003 (FILENAME) > > > > from tcl > >:RUNPROC PROCNAME > > > > where PROCNAME is an item in FILENAME. > > > > -Adam > > > > > ...

text-text

what is . command and : command?
hello, I am confused with . command and : command usage. can anybody help me to understand it with simple examples? Thanks in advance. regards, rahul On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 13:15:14 -0400, <rahul8143@gmail.com> wrote: > hello, > I am confused with . command and : command usage. can anybody help me > to understand it with simple examples? > Thanks in advance. > regards, > rahul > > .. means execute the following script in "this" shell as if it were a part of this shell's input or script that is currently running. One use is ...

Again, how to run commands to the files/directores found by "find" command?
Hi, I have posted this question several weeks ago. With all replies, I still didn't get the answer. None of the replies worked. So I just re-post again. I realized the "find" command is really powerful. For example, the following command will find any subdirectory with name "output" and apply the command "ls" to it. $find -type d -name 'output' -exec ls {} \; The command "ls" is too simple. I hope to do something more useful to any directories found: back up one level up(cd ..); copy a file from home to here. My goal is: first find all the subdirectories with name of "output"(maybe two levels down, maybe three levels down, etc), then copy the file /fs/home/1.txt to the location parallel to output directory. For example, from my current location, there are: a/b/output m/n/output x/y/z/output I tried this command: $find -type d -name output -exec echo cp -f /fs/home/t.txt {}/.. \; cp -f /fs/home/t.txt ./a/b/output/.. cp -f /fs/home/t.txt ./x/y/z/output/.. cp -f /fs/home/t.txt ./m/n/output/.. The strange thing is that from the screen printing by "echo", all the commands look good. But, the file t.txt was not really copied. If I just do this command "cp -f /fs/home/t.txt ./a/b/output/..", then t.txt of course was copied to a/b/. location. Thank you very much. (If you can test your method on your machine, that will be great!) At Mon, 23 Apr 2012 12:21:05 -0700...

Text in toolbar text field not committed before clicking toolbar command button
I use the following code to create text edit fields and command buttons in my toolbars: Function CreateToolbarObject(myObjectType as integer) Dim newObject Select Case myObjectType Case 1 'text Set newObject = CommandBars(myToolbarName).Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlEdit) Case 2 'command button Set newObject = CommandBars(myToolbarName).Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton) Case 3 'popup Set newObject = CommandBars(myToolbarName).Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlPopup) Case 4 'combobox Set newObject = CommandBars(myToolbarName).Controls....

setting TeX text variable depending on keyval-generated param? (low-level TeX question)
I am using keyval to set a "scaled" parameter and am having trouble getting the right behavior, which is: If I \usepackage{package} with no [scaled] option, I want to set a variable to a compile-time-specified default, say "s*[a.b]". If I \usepackage[scaled]{package}, same thing. And if I \usepackage[scaled=x.y], I want to set the variable to "s*[x.y]". (This is for font scaling, and I've used as my model the Helvetica scaled parameter.) The variable name (for the purposes of this conversation) is pnm@scaled. What I have that's not working correctly is: \expandafter\ifx\csname pmn@scaled\endcsname\relax \let\pmn@scaled\@empty \else \edef\pmn@scaled{s*[1.2]}% \fi I think what this says is "if pnm@scaled is not defined (case 1), leave it empty, otherwise set it to "s[1.2]". But the else clause is not working correctly, and I don't know how to differentiate between "defined by keyval but with no value" and "defined by keyval but with a value". Also I'm pretty sure I don't really know the difference between \let and \edef. Any help gratefully appreciated. Thanks. JDO john_owens@yahoo.com schrieb: > I am using keyval to set a "scaled" parameter and am having trouble > getting the right behavior, which is: > > If I \usepackage{package} with no [scaled] option, I want to set a > variable to a compile-time-specified default, say "s*[a.b]". > ...

Command Line Commands And Editor Commands
Hello, I used to use vax/vms for many years. I have just ordered a few books on these commands but would like links to Internet sites that list and explain the ones that I would be using as a programmer at the command line level. Thank you, Christopher Lusardi Chris L wrote: > Hello, > > I used to use vax/vms for many years. > > I have just ordered a few books on these commands but would like > links to Internet sites that list and explain the ones that I would be > using as a programmer at the command line level. > > Thank you, >...

RE: [SPAM] - Re: [SPAM] - Re: Serialize wxList - Found word(s) list error in the Text body
Hi Jorgen your approach is modelled along the MFC serialization idea, the approach = I mentioned is based on the XTI metadata provided for an object. So the = streaming itself is not coded anymore, but the metadata for a new class = is. The streaming process now iterates over the attributes, processes = callbacks that avoid streaming out undesired attributes (eg x and y in a = sizer dialog), suppresses default values etc. This also means that the = streaming in survives missing attributes, as long as they are either not = mandatory params for ::Create or have a default value. B...

citation format, bibtex
Dear all, Using bibtex, I am trying to figure out how to get the citation numbers in the text of a document to have square brackets [] rather than parentheses(). If I use a built-in ..bst file like plain.bst, they come out as square brackets. However, if I just rename plain.bst and save it to my working directory, without changing it at all, and use the renamed file, then I get the numbers in parentheses. Any ideas? Thanks, Stergios In article <chngp4$hqb$1@aplcore.jhuapl.edu>, "Stergios J. Papadakis" <stergios.papadakis@jhuapl.edu> wrote: > Using bibtex, I am trying to figure out how to get the > citation numbers in the text of a document > to have square brackets [] rather than > parentheses(). For changing the way in which citations are displayed in the text, I would recommend the natbib package. Its documentation shows you how to change these parentheses into anything you like. Maarten Maarten Sneep wrote: > In article <chngp4$hqb$1@aplcore.jhuapl.edu>, > "Stergios J. Papadakis" <stergios.papadakis@jhuapl.edu> wrote: > > >>Using bibtex, I am trying to figure out how to get the >>citation numbers in the text of a document >>to have square brackets [] rather than >>parentheses(). > > > For changing the way in which citations are displayed in the text, I > would recommend the natbib package. Its documentation shows you how to > change these pare...

EDK: command not found
Hi, I try to build a simple program to run on PowerPC, which is HelloWork. When I compile, the error is: make: gcc: Command not found make: *** [PortLinux1/HelloWorld] Error 127 I checked the environment variables, which are XILINX_EDK, and Path. Everything is ok. I also did try to set a variable GNU_TOOLS to the gnu, but it still not work. Please tell me how to set variable to run the compile. Thanks, Thang Nguyen ...

biber: command not found
Hi All, I just upgraded my OS to Lion from Snow Leopard and also upgraded my TeXShop to version 3.04. Now I can't get the command "biber" working in the Terminal. It says: -bash: biber: command not found I tried sudo texhash, but it says: sudo: texhash: command not found Could you help me with this? Thanks. Emil In article <abf5352d-0e8d-48ef-89c8-614e810f839b@x2g2000yql.googlegroups.com>, Emil Salim <pilsup@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > I just upgraded my OS to Lion from Snow Leopard and also upgraded my > TeXShop to version 3.04. Now I can't get the command "biber" working > in the Terminal. It says: > > -bash: biber: command not found > > I tried sudo texhash, but it says: > > sudo: texhash: command not found > > Could you help me with this? Thanks. > > Emil Howdy, Did you have MacTeX-2011 (with TeX Live 2011) installed before you made the OS update? Please take a look at <http://www.tug.org/mactex/2011/prefpane.html> which will fix things up. Good Luck, Herb Schulz Hello, No, I'm still using MacTeX-2010 (with TeX Live 2010). The thing is I still want to use biber 0.9 and biblatex 1.4b instead of the latest version of these packages (due to compatibility issues with biblatex- chicago). Can I still do that if I upgrade to MacTeX-2011? Thanks for your help. Emil On Aug 25, 3:39=A0pm, Herbert Schulz <he...@wideopenwest.com> wrote: > In article >...

BibTeX citations in document
Hi all, I'm writing a simple outline with this format: I one i one a one b two II two I want to have citations for each part of the outline and appear before I switch sections and have them appear without the word References at the top something like this: I one i one a one one-references b two two-references etc. how is this possible? thanks! Jim jpfaendtner@hotmail.com (Jim Pfaendtner) writes: [...] > I one > i one > a one > one-references > b two > two-references bibunits.sty might help, see <URL:http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=chapbib> cheerio ralf jpfaendtner@hotmail.com (Jim Pfaendtner) writes: >I'm writing a simple outline with this format: > >I one > i one > a one > b two > >II two > >I want to have citations for each part of the outline and appear >before I switch sections and have them appear without the word >References at the top something like this: > >I one > i one > a one > one-references > b two > two-references > >etc. > >how is this possible? there are a variety of techniques for this sort of task. i believe most are covered in one or other of the faq answers: http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=chapbib+multbib -- Robin (http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq) Fairbairns, Cambridge ...

Web resources about - BiBTeX found no citation command;\footcite - comp.text.tex

User:Citation bot 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... . I've recently switched to a system where a stable version of the bot is always available at http://toolserver.org/~verisimilus/Bot/citation-bot ...

Dashcam Footage Of JT Barrett’s OVI Citation Reveals New Information
... near the Ohio State campus, where the quarterback was questioned by an officer. COLUMBUS, Ohio - 10TV obtained footage from JT Barrett’s citation ...

Ted Cruz Screwed Up Citation In SCOTUS Brief
Ted Cruz doesn't want the Supreme Court to realize he is a shameless self-promoter.

Man on motorized wheelchair given DUI citation
Disheveled 48-year-old found backing into a Kroger supermarket building and driving over plants

University Of Texas Police Give Preacher Citation For Offending Students
University Of Texas Police Give Preacher Citation For Offending Students

California Regulators Issued 19 Citations to ExxonMobil for the Torrance Refinery Explosion, Penalties ...
The State of California’s Division of Occupational Safety and Health (CAL/OSHA) has issued 19 citations to ExxonMobil Refining & Supply Company ...

Donald Trump Mistakes Biblical Citation at Liberty University Event
Donald Trump appeared to flub a Biblical citation during remarks at evangelical Liberty University today.

Indiana Hoosiers coach Tom Crean questions leadership after Emmitt Holt, Thomas Bryant citations
Indiana coach Tom Crean questioned his team's leadership and challenged his players to make better decisions on and off the court Thursday.

Kylie Jenner & Tyga Step Out After Getting Water Citations
Kylie Jenner keeps her hand over her face while leaving 1OAK Nightclub with her boyfriend Tyga on Friday night (August 28) in West Hollywood, ...

SeaWorld settles orca trainer safety citations
SeaWorld and state regulators have agreed to settle safety citations issued last year alleging the San Diego marine park failed to protect its ...