Box of text with width of another text

Hi,

how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of
another?

For example, is there a command like

\widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$}

which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$?

Best regars,
Paul

Paul Kaletta <paulkaletta@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of
> another?
>
> For example, is there a command like
>
> \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$}
>
> which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$?

\usepackage{calc}

\makebox[\widthof{$T$}]{$T_a$}

Ciao
Enrico
0
gregorio (1367)
11/14/2009 6:48:33 PM
Paul Kaletta <paulkaletta@googlemail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of
> another?
>
> For example, is there a command like
>
> \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$}
>
> which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$?

\llap{$T_a$}\phantom{$T$}

--
Change “LookInSig” to “tcalveu” to answer by mail.
0
Paul Kaletta <paulkaletta@googlemail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of
> another?
>
> For example, is there a command like
>
> \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$}
>
> which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$?

\rlap{$T_a$}\hphantom{$T$}

--
Change “LookInSig” to “tcalveu” to answer by mail.
0
LookInSig2 (267)

text-text

text + text

Show Text box on Top of another Text Box
Hi, I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain conditions are m= et it display either Green or Red. I want to put another text box on top of= it (this text box is smaller than the "conditional formating" text box) an= d have the the text in this text box displayed. Basically I want the condit= ional text box to form a colour border around the displayed text. How do I do that? Thanks, Barry On Apr 1, 11:18=A0am, Barry Edmund Wright <barry.edmund.wri...@witstoronto.ca> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain condi...

populate text box when user enters data in another text box
hi, I'm very new to Access and have been searching newsgroups for a few days but can't find exactly what I need. I want to be able to do the following: * user enters patient's hospital number * after pressing enter, a function fires that looks up the patient name & surname corresponding to the hospital number just entered (in the "patients" table) * if the hospital number exists in the patients table then name & surname are filled in in two read-only text boxes * if the hospital number does not exist in the patients table then user is prompted to enter details for...

Highlighy text in Text Box
Using an InputBox, there is the option to *suggest* text (Default). It appears highlighted and can be accepted or replaced by the user. I am attempting to create my own input form which has one Text Box, one command button (cmdAccept ) and a simple label to tell the user to make an entry. What I cannot do is to mimic that suggested default input string. Can someone show me how to do it? The following code is from a test program with two forms. '#### this is on FrmMain Private Sub Option1_Click() ' Other Event selected - 14 character maximum With FrmBGOther ...

Highlight text in text box
I want to highlight any existing text, in a text box, when I click on it, like when I Tab into the text box. I can't find anything in the help. Any help is appreciated ShyGuy You can use selstart and sellength properties of a textbox in order to select any existing text. In order to select the whole text of textbox01, use, me.textbox01.selstart=0 me.textbox01.sellength=len(nz(me.textbox01)) Regards, Ramesh ShyGuy <shyguy@shytown.com> wrote in message news:<44nhi0d9qnsvdru1lu5l0d3ncuvuqsi39p@4ax.com>... > I want to highlight any existing text, in a text box, when I click on > it, like when I Tab into the text box. I can't find anything in the > help. > > Any help is appreciated > > ShyGuy I tried to send this twice and couldn't figure out why it wasn't showing up. The I checked and realized that it was going to your email address. Don't know why.. anyway... Thank you very much. That works great with my text box. I tried it with a combo box but it didn't work. I tried adding SelText but it still didn't work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ShyGuy On 23 Aug 2004 01:39:41 -0700, bhandaritwo@yahoo.com (Ramesh Kumar Bhandari) wrote: >You can use selstart and sellength properties of a textbox in order to >select any existing text. In order to select the whole text of >textbox01, use, >me.textbox01.selstart=0 >me.textbox01.sellength=l...

Fit text in a Text Box
Hello friends, I have a curious doubt, imagine I have a text box, and inside, a text that I dont know the lenght. Depending on the box's size and letter's size, I can fit the box. But the box's size is fixed, so I just can modify the size's letter. How can I be right with letter's size, if I dont know the lenght of string (text)? Is there any simple function for this case? Thanks in advance, greetings. Pedro Moreno On 10-08-31 04:25 PM, pedro moreno wrote: > I have a curious doubt, imagine I have a text box, and inside, a text > that I dont know the lenght. Depe...

Access Report Footer displaying the sum of a text box values in the Detail in another text box in the page's footer
How can I (if I can) display the sum of a text box values in the Detail in another text box in the page's footer? For example, I have a text box called "txtPoints" in the detail which displays the total points for a current activity. As it cycles through all the activities it displays the various points for each activity. In the page's footer I want to display the total points. Here's what I have in the control source for the totals textbox: =Sum([txtPoints].[Text]) but that doesn't work. Any suggestions? On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 23:17:03 GMT, Richard Hollenbe...

How to set width of text input to physical text width
I have a grid. When the focus is put on a cell an input is created with the value being the cell's text. I would like to size the input to the physical width of the text. Ideas? John function editCell (cell) { if (document.getElementById) { cell.normalize(); var input = document.createElement('INPUT'); input.setAttribute('value', cell.firstChild.nodeValue); input.setAttribute('size', cell.firstChild.nodeValue.length); //RATHER THAN SET THE SIZE, I WOULD PREFER TO SET STYLE WIDTH input.onblur = function (evt) { setCell(this.parentNode,t...

text 2 text

Why does $TEXT() not return text?
I am looking at a file I have created named TMGUSRI2.m This is with GT.M 6.2-002A Here is a stat of the .m file and the .o file kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EHR/p$ stat TMGUSRI2.m File: `TMGUSRI2.m' Size: 19171 Blocks: 40 IO Block: 4096 regular file Device: 821h/2081d Inode: 705008 Links: 1 Access: (0744/-rwxr--r--) Uid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Gid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Access: 2015-08-10 20:50:51.000000000 -0400 Modify: 2015-06-23 20:23:12.000000000 -0400 Change: 2015-06-23 20:23:11.000000000 -0400 Birth: - kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EH...

Encryption from text to text...
I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into another form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out there? Thanks. In article <418f03f8@news.starhub.net.sg>, Kelvin <thefatcat28@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. You can look on CPAN (<http://search.cpan.org>) for various Crypt:: modules. FYI: this newsgroup is defunct. Try comp.lang.perl.misc in the future. On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:35:46 +0800, Kelvin wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. I'm not sure how secure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decode, (there's 26 letters). Not secure, but nice easy and simple.mine not sure how sercure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decoed, (theres 26 letters). Not sercure, but nice easy and simple. -- Andre...

Pages

Surrounding text with text
I was wondering if it was possible to surround a text body with text like so: +--------------+ |ABCDEFGHIJKLM | |H N| |A Main Body O| |L Text goes P| |B here Q| |-=+_ZYXWVUTSR | | | | | | | | | +--------------+ This seems far-fetched, but just curious. I suppose that I could just move stuff around by hand in the GIMP later on, but there's probably a {better,more {extensible,clean}} way of doing it from (La)TeX. -FreeSmith ptjm@interlog.com (Patrick TJ McPhee) wrote in message news:<bffbhe$per$1@news.eusc.inter...

Highlighting part of the text in a text box
Hi all, I've been struggling with this for days. How can I use javascript to high light a part of the text in a textbox or a textarea? OR if the user highlights a part of the text in a textbox or a textarea, how can I say which part of the text is highlighted? (ie: at what character the highlight starts and at what character the highlight ends). thanks in advance. Aria wrote: > if the user highlights a part of the text in a textbox or a textarea, > how can I say which part of the text is highlighted? (ie: at what > character the highlight starts and at what character the hig...

Deselecting text in input text box
I have a text input box and I don't want the text to be selected either when the user tabs to the item or if the user clicks on it. Now the function below which I found from 2002 in the archive works fine for IE 6 but it works in neither Netscape 7 nor Firefox 1.0. I'm hoping some of you might have an alternative suggestion or insight for Netscape and Firefox. Code that works in IE6: function clearSelection () { if (document.selection) document.selection.empty(); else if (window.getSelection) window.getSelection().removeAllRanges(); } <input type="text" name=...

Remove extraneous text in a text box
I get text in a text box that looks like this: Hello On computer COMPNAME the following happened: New File: C:\Folder1\Folder2\LockBox\Usr\ClientName\FileName.xls 7/25/2011 1:25:10 PM How do I remove everything except the folder path and file name? It's too much for me. C:\Folder1\Folder2\LockBox\Usr\ClientName\ = Foldername FileName.xls = Filename Bjarne "musicloverlch" skrev i meddelelsen news:3b273dd8-e1c7-43e9-84dc-2b9aee46ded6@e40g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... I get text in a text box that looks like this: Hello On computer COMPNAME the following happened: New File...

Different text styles in the same text box
I am developing a bibliographic database. I am creating a report with bibliographic references like this: - Joyce, Ulysses, London, Penguin Press, 2002. The last string has been obtained by an expression like this: [author] & [text] & [city] & [publisher] & [date] Now there's a problem. I'd like to get different styles for the different fields (ex: italics for the author, underlined for the book title, etc). Is it possible? Thanks in advance Davide If I'm not mistaken there is a rich-text control that comes with VB that would allow you to do this, but I don't t...

format bold text in a text box
I have a text box with this: =" Your name is: " $ [Name] $ " and last name is " $ [Lname] I want ONLY the [Name] and [Lname} to format bold and the other text not. Could I do this? You would needt use an RTF control for this. Hav a look at http://www.lebans.com/richtext.htm -- Terry Kreft "yiannis" <postnews@freemail.gr> wrote in message news:eeatc8$oql$1@volcano1.grnet.gr... > I have a text box with this: > =" Your name is: " $ [Name] $ " and last name is " $ [Lname] > > I want ONLY the [Name] and [Lname} to form...

Displaying text in a text box depending on selection made in list box on same form
Hi I have an unbound text box on a form from which the user can choose a product. When the user chooses a product, I want the text box on the same form to display the description of that product. right now I can get it to display the row number of the product that corresponds to what the user clicked but not the value of the Product Description which is what I want. The fields in the tables are both text. here is the code: Private Sub LstContactProducts_AfterUpdate() txtProductDescription.SetFocus txtProductDescription.Text = LstContactProducts.Column(2,txtProductDescription) End Sub Thanks in advance Colin Colin, why don't you create the combobox, with from a table or query with all the information you need and use cboComboboxname.column(0), cboComboboxname.colum(1) etc etc...to populate the fields you want? HTH Michael "Colin Ward" <cward002@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:2a660c80.0308010710.26b3257@posting.google.com... > Hi I have an unbound text box on a form from which the user can choose > a product. When the user chooses a product, I want the text box on the > same form to display the description of that product. right now I can > get it to display the row number of the product that corresponds to > what the user clicked but not the value of the Product Description > which is what I want. The fields in the tables are both text. > > here is the code: > > Private Sub LstContactProducts_AfterUpdate() > txtP...

I have a Text control string box with some initial text. I...
I have a Text control string box with some initial text. I would like to highlight old text with click of mouse and type in new data from keyboard I have a text control string box with some initial text (says: Please enter Name). I would like the operator to click on the text control box and have it automatically highlight so that when new data is typed in the old erases (all at once) and the new data is now in the text box. I tried using the "Text.Selection" property node and when I run it and put the mouse inside the text box the initial text is highlighted and if I press "de...

How do I 'SELECT All' text in a text box
I want to select all text in a multi line text box from a command butten. Thank for help Dave Try this... Private Sub Command1_Click() With Text1 .SelStart = 0 .SelLength = Len(.Text) .SetFocus End With End Sub Rick - MVP "Dave" <last2try@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:fo0b90h0j9imbvntdea3uu2mefth5teufr@4ax.com... > I want to select all text in a multi line text box from a command > butten. > > Thank for help > Dave ...

Click on a picture, insert text in a text box: how?
I'm trying to make a webpage do the following: I want a user to be able to click on a given image (there will be more than one image). Upon clicking a given image, characters specific to that image will be inserted into a textbox which is actually a text area. If the cursor is in the textbox/textarea then the characters are to be inserted at the cursor location. This means if the cursor is between some text then the characters need to be inserted in between the text exactly where the cursor is. If the cursor is not in the textbox/textarea then the characters need to be displaye...

Web resources about - Box of text with width of another text - comp.text.tex

Ben Carson Reportedly Endorsing Donald Trump Tomorrow Morning
Ben Carson is apparently climbing aboard the Trump train. The ex-presidential candidate for the GOP who ended his campaign last week will reportedly ...

Apple calls DOJ's most recent response to San Bernardino case 'a cheap shot'
Tensions between Apple and the FBI flared up Thursday after the U.S. Department of Justice filed its response in the San Bernardino iPhone case. ...

Now that Google's artificial brain is conquering Go, this classic computer game from 1998 could be next ...
Google's DeepMind just won its second of five games of the classic board game Go against a top-ranked world champion — a feat that impressed ...

Sept. 11 Families Seek to Restore Saudi Arabia as Defendant
Lawyers for families of Sept. 11 terrorist-attacks victims have asked a New York federal appeals court to restore Saudi Arabia as a defendant ...

Coy Wesbrook: Texas Executes Man For 1997 Shooting Rampage That Killed 5
Texas has executed Coy Wesbrook, a man who spent 17 years on death row, for a 1997 shooting rampage that left five people dead including his ...

Jessica Chaffin & Diana Maria Riva Join CBS’ Matt LeBlanc Comedy Pilot
Jessica Chaffin ( Spy ) and Telenovela ‘s Diana Maria Riva have been cast opposite Matt LeBlanc in CBS ' untitled LeBlanc/Filgos comedy pilot ...

FCC proposes stricter privacy rules for Internet service providers
The new rules would ensure your broadband or wireless service provider couldn't share your personal data with marketers without permission.

Higher stock prices, home values lift US household wealth
WASHINGTON (AP) — Americans' household wealth jumped in the final three months of last year, pushed higher by rising stock prices and greater ...

Remains of the Day: Opera Browser Gets Built-In Ad Blocker
Opera’s desktop browser is going full-hog in the ad-block game by incorporating their own blocker, no third party apps necessary. And Apple finally ...

LGBT ‘Star Wars’ Characters: A Brief History
A lot has changed in the last few years when it comes to LGBT “Star Wars” characters. For the longest time there were almost none. Now we’ve ...