Box

Hi all!
There is a string, for example: Hellow, World!
I want to draw this sting in the frame box 1cm width. But
I want to see on the screen only 1cm part of "Hellow, World" frase
not whole string. For example 1cm of "Hellow, World!" is string
"Hellow, W", so I want to see frame box with string "Hellow, W".
How to do this ?

Best regards,
Vladimir Tichonjuk
0
vst8562 (18)

Vladimir Tikhonjuk <vst@vst.donetsk.ua> writes:

> I want to draw this sting in the frame box 1cm width. But
> I want to see on the screen only 1cm part of "Hellow, World" frase
> not whole string.

Either write a white rule over the part past 1cm,
or use truncate.sty

--
Donald Arseneau                          asnd@triumf.ca
0

Show Text box on Top of another Text Box
Hi, I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain conditions are m= et it display either Green or Red. I want to put another text box on top of= it (this text box is smaller than the "conditional formating" text box) an= d have the the text in this text box displayed. Basically I want the condit= ional text box to form a colour border around the displayed text. How do I do that? Thanks, Barry On Apr 1, 11:18=A0am, Barry Edmund Wright <barry.edmund.wri...@witstoronto.ca> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain condi...

populate text box when user enters data in another text box
hi, I'm very new to Access and have been searching newsgroups for a few days but can't find exactly what I need. I want to be able to do the following: * user enters patient's hospital number * after pressing enter, a function fires that looks up the patient name & surname corresponding to the hospital number just entered (in the "patients" table) * if the hospital number exists in the patients table then name & surname are filled in in two read-only text boxes * if the hospital number does not exist in the patients table then user is prompted to enter details for...

Input text boxes, check boxes, and radio boxes

Displaying text in a text box depending on selection made in list box on same form
Hi I have an unbound text box on a form from which the user can choose a product. When the user chooses a product, I want the text box on the same form to display the description of that product. right now I can get it to display the row number of the product that corresponds to what the user clicked but not the value of the Product Description which is what I want. The fields in the tables are both text. here is the code: Private Sub LstContactProducts_AfterUpdate() txtProductDescription.SetFocus txtProductDescription.Text = LstContactProducts.Column(2,txtProductDescription) End Sub Thanks in advance Colin Colin, why don't you create the combobox, with from a table or query with all the information you need and use cboComboboxname.column(0), cboComboboxname.colum(1) etc etc...to populate the fields you want? HTH Michael "Colin Ward" <cward002@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:2a660c80.0308010710.26b3257@posting.google.com... > Hi I have an unbound text box on a form from which the user can choose > a product. When the user chooses a product, I want the text box on the > same form to display the description of that product. right now I can > get it to display the row number of the product that corresponds to > what the user clicked but not the value of the Product Description > which is what I want. The fields in the tables are both text. > > here is the code: > > Private Sub LstContactProducts_AfterUpdate() > txtP...

using TeX characters in a GUI text box
I am trying to use a TeX character such as the Greek letter mu in a GUI textbox, but I cannot get this to work. If I try to set the 'string' property for the GUI object using '\mu' this just displays '\mu'. Is there a way I can use the 'text' command as you would for a figure to put Greek letters into GUI objects? "Sean Larkin" <slarkin71278@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message <gk37he$t7$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Is there a way I can put Greek letters into GUI objects? I don't know for sure, but you might be able to do this using ...

Combo Box and text box
I have a combo box and a text box. Text to be display will be contigent upon what is selected via the combo box. How do I do this? I put the following code in the text box object: var a = get thisField("combobox") If (a==1) { event.value = "Test1" } if (a==2) { event.value = "Test2" } What I am doing wrong? "Mike" <hhey2@lycos.com> writes: > I have a combo box and a text box. Browsers don't have combo boxes. Is it a select element and an input element? Or is it not a browser you are talking about? > Text to be display will be contigent upon what is selected via the > combo box. How do I do this? Displayed how? > I put the following code in the text box object: How do you put it into the text object? As an event handler? As text? > var a = get thisField("combobox") This is no language I know of. I assume you want to know what is selected in the select element. That would *probably* be something like the following (but I can't know for sure without seeing the code): var a = this.form.elements['combobox'].selectedIndex + 1; (the "+ 1" is to match your tests, since the selection index starts at zero. > If (a==1) The keyword "id" is lower case and Javascript is case senesitive. > { > event.value = "Test1" What is this event that you try to assign a property to? It *probably* refers to the event object of the event that triggered...

Highlighy text in Text Box
Using an InputBox, there is the option to *suggest* text (Default). It appears highlighted and can be accepted or replaced by the user. I am attempting to create my own input form which has one Text Box, one command button (cmdAccept ) and a simple label to tell the user to make an entry. What I cannot do is to mimic that suggested default input string. Can someone show me how to do it? The following code is from a test program with two forms. '#### this is on FrmMain Private Sub Option1_Click() ' Other Event selected - 14 character maximum With FrmBGOther ...

Fit text in a Text Box
Hello friends, I have a curious doubt, imagine I have a text box, and inside, a text that I dont know the lenght. Depending on the box's size and letter's size, I can fit the box. But the box's size is fixed, so I just can modify the size's letter. How can I be right with letter's size, if I dont know the lenght of string (text)? Is there any simple function for this case? Thanks in advance, greetings. Pedro Moreno On 10-08-31 04:25 PM, pedro moreno wrote: > I have a curious doubt, imagine I have a text box, and inside, a text > that I dont know the lenght. Depe...

Highlight text in text box
I want to highlight any existing text, in a text box, when I click on it, like when I Tab into the text box. I can't find anything in the help. Any help is appreciated ShyGuy You can use selstart and sellength properties of a textbox in order to select any existing text. In order to select the whole text of textbox01, use, me.textbox01.selstart=0 me.textbox01.sellength=len(nz(me.textbox01)) Regards, Ramesh ShyGuy <shyguy@shytown.com> wrote in message news:<44nhi0d9qnsvdru1lu5l0d3ncuvuqsi39p@4ax.com>... > I want to highlight any existing text, in a text box, when I click on > it, like when I Tab into the text box. I can't find anything in the > help. > > Any help is appreciated > > ShyGuy I tried to send this twice and couldn't figure out why it wasn't showing up. The I checked and realized that it was going to your email address. Don't know why.. anyway... Thank you very much. That works great with my text box. I tried it with a combo box but it didn't work. I tried adding SelText but it still didn't work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ShyGuy On 23 Aug 2004 01:39:41 -0700, bhandaritwo@yahoo.com (Ramesh Kumar Bhandari) wrote: >You can use selstart and sellength properties of a textbox in order to >select any existing text. In order to select the whole text of >textbox01, use, >me.textbox01.selstart=0 >me.textbox01.sellength=l...

combo box with Text box
I have a combo box and a text box. Text to be display will be contigent upon what is selected via the combo box. How do I do this for Acrobat 4.0? I put the following code in the text box object: var a = get thisField("combobox") If (a==1) { event.value = "Test1" } if (a==2) { event.value = "Test2" } What I am doing wrong? ...

Access Report Footer displaying the sum of a text box values in the Detail in another text box in the page's footer
How can I (if I can) display the sum of a text box values in the Detail in another text box in the page's footer? For example, I have a text box called "txtPoints" in the detail which displays the total points for a current activity. As it cycles through all the activities it displays the various points for each activity. In the page's footer I want to display the total points. Here's what I have in the control source for the totals textbox: =Sum([txtPoints].[Text]) but that doesn't work. Any suggestions? On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 23:17:03 GMT, Richard Hollenbe...

Re: How can labview update the string control (text-edit box) after we have pressed the carriage return key on the keyboard during text-editing within that box?
Hello Alberto, &nbsp; I have trouble to edit an exited text file and save it after the content changed. Can you please&nbsp;help me out? &nbsp; Thanks, Jason&nbsp; ...

Highlighting part of the text in a text box
Hi all, I've been struggling with this for days. How can I use javascript to high light a part of the text in a textbox or a textarea? OR if the user highlights a part of the text in a textbox or a textarea, how can I say which part of the text is highlighted? (ie: at what character the highlight starts and at what character the highlight ends). thanks in advance. Aria wrote: > if the user highlights a part of the text in a textbox or a textarea, > how can I say which part of the text is highlighted? (ie: at what > character the highlight starts and at what character the hig...

format bold text in a text box
I have a text box with this: =" Your name is: " $ [Name] $ " and last name is " $ [Lname] I want ONLY the [Name] and [Lname} to format bold and the other text not. Could I do this? You would needt use an RTF control for this. Hav a look at http://www.lebans.com/richtext.htm -- Terry Kreft "yiannis" <postnews@freemail.gr> wrote in message news:eeatc8$oql$1@volcano1.grnet.gr... > I have a text box with this: > =" Your name is: " $ [Name] $ " and last name is " $ [Lname] > > I want ONLY the [Name] and [Lname} to form...

Working with list box and text boxes
I am a novice to visual c++. I created a text box, a list box and a button. What am trying to do is to make the information I typed in the text box appear in the list box when I click on the button. I try to do it like you would in visual basic 6, but it is not working. Any help will be greatly appreciated. By the way, am running a dialog application. Victor Kareem > I am a novice to visual c++. I think you will find MSDN, or a Microsoft group, more helpful (wrt Windows Gui's) than a C++ group. ...

Check box and text box disable
I have a text box and a check box, by default the page should load and the text box be disabled..I want it so that when you click the check box the text box diabled = false...but, when you uncheck the check box I want the disabled to = true again..heres what I have so far <input type="checkbox" name="chxrequest" onclick="javascript:enableField()" value="ON" style="float: "left" > <script language="javascript"> function enableField() { if (chxrequest.checked)= true { document.frmcallreport.txtrequest.disabled= ...

Conversion of text box as list box
I shud giv som character/char's in the textbox 1.depend upon the key press it wil go n cal som jsp 2 get the data(result set hav more than one line data)----from database here i hav one doubt tht shal v cal jsp in key event functions....i'm not getting....it......if anybody hav it plz fwd it.k. 2.After generate this jsp we wil get the data that i shud put into dropdown list.For tht how shud i convert textbox as dropdown list after generate the jsp...here i'm getting mainly 2 probs a) how shud i convert textbox as dropdown b) on the sam page n in the sam place i shud put tht dropdown list ... c)How can v refresh the sam page? I need this one urgently.....i need the requirement lik this...is it possible..if yes...how cud i approach it? If No,any alternate 2 get it? Plz ...help me...4 this Neelu wrote: > I shud giv som character/char's in the textbox > > 1.depend upon the key press it wil go n cal som jsp 2 get the > data(result set hav more than one line data)----from database here i > hav one doubt tht shal v cal jsp in key event functions....i'm not > getting....it......if anybody hav it plz fwd it.k. > 2.After generate this jsp we wil get the data that i shud put into > dropdown list.For tht how shud i convert textbox as dropdown list after > generate the jsp...here i'm getting mainly 2 probs a) how shud i > convert textbox as dropdown > b) on the sam page n in the sam place i shud p...

Combo box fills text box
Hello again, I have a form that fills a text box with data according to the selection in the combo box. Two questions please: 1) The combo box does not have a control source so when opening the form, the combo box is empty but the text box already contains the first record. What do I need to do to either have both the combo box and text box empty on open or have both contain the first record on open. (If it takes VBA code, please point me in the right direction as I have not worked with it since '99). 2) I'm getting a runtime error 3077 on one of the records. I checked it to see i...

Remove extraneous text in a text box
I get text in a text box that looks like this: Hello On computer COMPNAME the following happened: New File: C:\Folder1\Folder2\LockBox\Usr\ClientName\FileName.xls 7/25/2011 1:25:10 PM How do I remove everything except the folder path and file name? It's too much for me. C:\Folder1\Folder2\LockBox\Usr\ClientName\ = Foldername FileName.xls = Filename Bjarne "musicloverlch" skrev i meddelelsen news:3b273dd8-e1c7-43e9-84dc-2b9aee46ded6@e40g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... I get text in a text box that looks like this: Hello On computer COMPNAME the following happened: New File...

Box of text with width of another text
Hi, how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of another? For example, is there a command like \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? Best regars, Paul Paul Kaletta <paulkaletta@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of > another? > > For example, is there a command like > > \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} > > which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? \usepackage{calc} \makebox[\widthof{$T$}]{$T_a$} Ciao Enrico Paul Kaletta <paulkaletta@googlemail.com> writes: > Hi, > > how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of > another? > > For example, is there a command like > > \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} > > which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? \llap{$T_a$}\phantom{$T$} -- Change “LookInSig” to “tcalveu” to answer by mail. Paul Kaletta <paulkaletta@googlemail.com> writes: > Hi, > > how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of > another? > > For example, is there a command like > > \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} > > which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? \rlap{$T_a$}\hphantom{$T$} -- Change “LookInSig” to “tcalveu” to answer by mail. ...

Different text styles in the same text box
I am developing a bibliographic database. I am creating a report with bibliographic references like this: - Joyce, Ulysses, London, Penguin Press, 2002. The last string has been obtained by an expression like this: [author] & [text] & [city] & [publisher] & [date] Now there's a problem. I'd like to get different styles for the different fields (ex: italics for the author, underlined for the book title, etc). Is it possible? Thanks in advance Davide If I'm not mistaken there is a rich-text control that comes with VB that would allow you to do this, but I don't t...

Deselecting text in input text box
I have a text input box and I don't want the text to be selected either when the user tabs to the item or if the user clicks on it. Now the function below which I found from 2002 in the archive works fine for IE 6 but it works in neither Netscape 7 nor Firefox 1.0. I'm hoping some of you might have an alternative suggestion or insight for Netscape and Firefox. Code that works in IE6: function clearSelection () { if (document.selection) document.selection.empty(); else if (window.getSelection) window.getSelection().removeAllRanges(); } <input type="text" name=...

Displaying text boxes from a check box
I want to make visible two or more text boxes once a user has ticked a checkbox. I know javascript will come in here, but am a newbie. However, I want to maintain the variables and move them back to PHP for updating in the relevant tables. Can anyone please give me ideas. On Mar 7, 9:53 am, chima...@googlemail.com wrote: > I want to make visible two or more text boxes once a user has ticked > a checkbox. I know javascript will come in here, but am a newbie. > However, I want to maintain the variables and move them back to PHP > for updating in the relevant tables. Can anyone ple...

Text box linked to combo box
Good day, I am new to Access and need a question answered please. I have a form based on a table (tblQualityEmployees), for some of the fields it looks up a value in another table (tblGroups). The tblQualityEmployees consists of the following: EmployeeID FirstName LastName Group1 Group2 Group3 Group4 Group5 The tblGroups consists of the following: GroupID Groups Description What i want to do is, in the form have text box that displays the Group description next to each group. I tried making the "Control Source" field Group1 combo. This brings in the relevant ID number which is...

Web resources about - Box - comp.text.tex

Beyond the Box Score - A Saber-Slanted Baseball Community
We use numbers and stuff. Community Guidelines Why be a member?

Jack in the Box - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the restaurant. For the toy, see Jack-in-the-box . For other uses, see Jack-in-the-box (disambiguation) . San Diego, California ...

Box Rising: Street Likes Growth, Cash Flow; An ‘Elite’ Story?
Shares of cloud file sharing technology makers Box ( BOX ) are up 41 cents, over 3%, at $12.93, after the company yesterday afternoon reported ...

Box shares jump almost 11% on big earnings beat
Shares of file-sharing company Box rose as much as 12% after the company blew the door off earnings expectations for the last quarter of its ...

Box Announces Record Fiscal Year 2016 Revenue of $303 Million, Up 40% Year-Over-Year
Box, Inc. (NYSE:BOX), a leading enterprise content management platform, today announced financial results for the fiscal fourth quarter and full ...

Shares of Box pop on earnings beat
Shares of Box were up as much as 16 percent in after-hours trading on Wednesday.

Five-Passenger Brawl Breaks Out Over Loud “Boom Box” On Spirit Airlines Flight
... Baltimore to Los Angeles had ringside seats to quite a brawl, reports say, after five women apparently got in a fight over a loud boom box. ...

‘Zootopia’ Turnstiles Still Spinning, But ’10 Cloverfield Lane’ Also A Hot Destination – Box Office Preview ...
Despite Paramount/Bad Robot’s 10 Cloverfield Lane coming on strong this weekend with an industry projected opening between $25M-$30M, that monster ...

Box Stock Hops Up 12 Percent as Earnings Beat Projections
Box recorded its first positive operational cash flow as a public company in Q4 2016, with $5 million to the good.

Box Inc (BOX) Issues Quarterly Earnings Results
Box Inc (NYSE:BOX) announced its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday. The company reported ($0.26) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, ...