Change caption label text with caption package

Hi,

I couldnt make out how to modify the label caption text while using the
caption (caption2) package.

At the moment, my captionsetup looks like this:

\DeclareCaptionLabelSeparator{period-newline}{\newline}
\captionsetup{singlelinecheck=true, width=0.9\textwidth,
  justification=raggedright, labelfont={bf,small}, labelsep=endash,
  textfont={small}, format=hang}

I would be thankful for any help.

regards,
matthias

How can I set the caption text of picture controls inside an array or how can I choose which array element is assigned using the array elements caption text property.
I have 8 picture controls inside an array and I would like to set the caption text of these controls. I have used the property node of the array and used the array elements property caption text to set the text.   The problem is however that I set the same text to all the picture controls inside the array. My question is how to set caption text of specific elements (Picture control) that I have so far only been able to access using the array elements caption text property.       Some more help   1 You could use the caption of the array and...

Captions and text.
Sometimes my documents render in such a way that it's not always clear where the caption ends and the text resumes. Is there some standard way of making sure they're distinct? Like margins, font, size, spacing? -- "Let us learn to dream, gentlemen, then perhaps we shall find the truth... But let us beware of publishing our dreams before they have been put to the proof by the waking understanding." -- Friedrich August Kekul� On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 22:02:18 +0000 (UTC), glhansen@steel.ucs.indiana.edu (Gregory L. Hansen) wrote: > >Sometimes my documents render in such a way that it's not always clear >where the caption ends and the text resumes. Is there some standard way >of making sure they're distinct? Like margins, font, size, spacing? You could try the caption package. The documentation gives several examples on different looking captions. Chris In article <noo1r0te9s7090s3pikeoq1644g04h52c0@4ax.com>, Christian Auner <mca@nurfuerspam.de> wrote: >On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 22:02:18 +0000 (UTC), >glhansen@steel.ucs.indiana.edu (Gregory L. Hansen) wrote: > >> >>Sometimes my documents render in such a way that it's not always clear >>where the caption ends and the text resumes. Is there some standard way >>of making sure they're distinct? Like margins, font, size, spacing? > >You could try the caption package. The documentation gives several >examples on different lookin...

How to change text color after caption (Beamer)
Hi all, I am using Beamer. I want to change text color after caption name . Here is my code \begin{figure} \includegraphics{fig1.pdf} \caption{flower sample} \end{figure} I want to change color of the text "flower sample" to Blue (the same as caption color). I try to use \setbeamercolor{caption name}{fg=blue} Nothing is changed. Thank you in advance. Chat ...

floatflt package: text and caption run through
I wanted to use the floatflt package, so I've the following in the preamble: \usepackage{epsfig,floatflt,afterpage} The I define a new command: \newcommand{\ffig}[5]{ \begin{floatingfigure}{#5cm} \epsfig{file=eps-figuren/#1.eps, height=#4cm} \caption[#2]{#3} \label{fig:#1} \end{floatingfigure}} When I use this command, the problem is that the caption runs through the text which should be wrapped around the figure (and caption!). Example: http://atlas.et.tudelft.nl/auberge/stage.pdf Figure B.1, next to equations B.8 and B.9 When I increase the width of the floatingfigure, it becomes...

text + text

Mouse changes when Tab label is Text[] vs normal text. Why?
Hello experts; This is not a big deal thing for me, I just was curios on what this behavior occur more than anything. If you enter the following command: TabView[{"1" -> 1, Style["2", FontSize -> 16] -> 2}] and then move the mouse over the Tab with '2' on it, and notice the mouse shape, you'll see it stays an arrow shape (standard on windoz). Now if you enter this command instead: TabView[{"1" -> 1, Text[Style["2", FontSize -> 16]] -> 2}] and do the same, you'll notice that the mouse, when it is ...

text-text

[memoir] Changing caption width also changes the vertical space above the caption
Hi everybody, In the Memoir class, the default caption width is \linewidth and if I want it shorter I define \captionwidth{shorter} and issue \changecaptionwidth to implement the new width (Memoir documentation, section 10.6 "Caption styling"). However, I noticed that changing the caption width has the side-effect of slightly shortening the vertical space above the caption. Does anybody know why? And how to prevent it? Changing caption width basically should not change the space above the caption, so I am probably missing something. Minimum example below. Thanks in ...

Change Label Caption
Form: frmInputData Want to change the caption of one label while the program is running. Form Sub: cmdCalculate_Click() Code . . . lblDisplay.Caption = "Program is Running" 'default value is: "" Sub1 Sub2 Code . . . End Sub. The caption in the label does not change until the cmdCalculate sub as been completed. Ideally I'd like to set the label display back to "" after Sub2 is finished. Tried putting lblDisplay.caption inside Sub1 first, then inside both Sub1 and Sub2. Same result. Label caption does not chang...

Graphics in caption text
Dear NewsGroup, I would like to include an eps-figure in the caption text (for example a figure which shows a dashed-pointed-line). Is there a possibility to do this? Would be glad for any kind of help! Thank you very much in advance! Charman wrote: > Dear NewsGroup, > > I would like to include an eps-figure in the caption text (for example > a figure which shows a dashed-pointed-line). > Is there a possibility to do this? > > Would be glad for any kind of help! > Thank you very much in advance! you can include graphics almost anywhere, try and see what happens, if you run into problems, make a minimal example and post it here -- /daleif (remove RTFSIGNATURE from email address) LaTeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq LaTeX book: http://www.imf.au.dk/system/latex/bog/ (in Danish) Remember to post minimal examples, see URL below http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=minxampl http://www.minimalbeispiel.de/mini-en.html Lars Madsen <daleif@RTFSIGNATUREimf.au.dk> writes: >Charman wrote: >> Dear NewsGroup, >> >> I would like to include an eps-figure in the caption text (for example >> a figure which shows a dashed-pointed-line). >> Is there a possibility to do this? >> >> Would be glad for any kind of help! >> Thank you very much in advance! > >you can include graphics almost anywhere, try and see what happens, if >you run into problems, make a minimal example ...

Scrolling text: Changing text color, etc.
Hi: I have scrolling text in Mathematica 6.0.1, using Animate: Animate[Dynamic@ Row[RotateLeft[{C, a, l, c, u, l, u, s, " ", III, ",", " ", P, g, " ", 109, " "}, cc]], {cc, 0, 33, 1}, AnimationDirection -> Forward, AnimationRepetitions -> 2] How can I make the scrolling letters to be red, and bold? I tried Style[ ], but without success. Thanks, Bill PS. Win XP on a pc. Animate[Dynamic@Row[ RotateLeft[ Style[#, Bold, Red] & /@ {C, a, l, c, u, l, u, s, " ", III, ...

how to change foreground color of text in text widget
hi, i have a program in which i am reading from a file and displaying contents of file in a text widgets now on a particular event i read one line of text widget & i need to change color of that line same as it occurs during debugging a program what i feel a tag has to be created suppose .t is my text widget ..t tag configure color1 -foreground red now how do i change color of the line which i have read and how to use this tag if so now i am able to do that what i did is while inserting line in text widget i added diff tag names to each line and while reading each line i configured tag o...

Change the text of a 'Static Text'
Hello, I work now at a GUI in matlab. And I have the following code (function) for a Button Callback: function Button_Callback(hObject, eventdata, handles) set(handles.Status,'String','Busy!'); .... %.. some code that requires several seconds .... set(handles.Status,'String','Idle'); handles.Status is the handle for a StaticText control. What I want to do is to change the Text(Label) for the static text at the beginning (in "BUSY") and when everything is done to change it to "IDLE". My problem is that the Label/Text is changed only at t...

Newbie: changing text of static text control
I am using DialogBlocks to design my gui. The code DB creates discards the pointers to the controls. I assume this is reasonable because 1) wx takes care of destroying controls, and 2) you still have control IDs to reference the controls with. Changing the DB-generated code to preserve pointers creates maintainence problems if you later edit the gui. So, how do you alter the text in a control? I have a pointer to the parent window and a control ID. In this specific case I am updating a static text box. If I still had a pointer to the control I would use SetLable(). Thank...

wrapping text in table captions?
\begin{table} \begin{tabular}{|l|c|} \hline .... \end{tabular} \caption{Some not so short text...} \end{table} How do I tell LaTeX to wrap the long caption text? <kalium@gmx.de> wrote: > \begin{table} > \begin{tabular}{|l|c|} > \hline > ... > \end{tabular} > \caption{Some not so short text...} > \end{table} > > How do I tell LaTeX to wrap the long caption text? It does it. Unless the caption text is shorter than the current line width. Which is not the width of the tabular, of course. Look at the caption package, if you need to do something unusual to your captions. Ciao Enrico How do I force the caption line width to the tabular width? <kalium@gmx.de> wrote: > How do I force the caption line width to the tabular width? Pardon me, but this is nonsense. A table is a table, a caption is a caption; they are distinct, albeit related, typographical objects. Captions in a document should have a uniform appearance. In the usual practice, however, short captions are centered, in order to avoid a "dangling line". Yesterday Robin Fairbairns presented a trick, but it needs some editing. Use it, but, please, think to the consequences for your document. <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.tex/msg/d56b492a7c1d274d> In the preamble put \newsavebox{\savedtabular}; then write the table as follows: \begin{table} \centering \hbox{\begin{tabular}{cc} aaa&aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa \end{tabular}} \setbox\savedtabular...

Change Label Caption in Frame
Hi all.. This may seem simple..but I am stuck here! I have a frame in which I have a label. I was trying to change the caption of that label via code (I mean at runtime & not design time). But there is always an error saying "Compile error: Method or data member not found" I have no idea how to solve thsi problem. I have created my label on the frame itself. I tried to do it witha text box instead of a label...but in vain...the same error occurs. Though it may be very simple, I am not able to crack it. Can someone please help me out.I am stuck!!! Thanks in advance for any ...

text 2 text

Changing label caption in Frame?
Hi all.. This may seem simple..but I am stuck here! I have a frame in which I have a label. I was trying to change the caption of that label via code (I mean at runtime & not design time). But there is always an error saying "Compile error: Method or data member not found" I have no idea how to solve thsi problem. I have created my label on the frame itself. I tried to do it witha text box instead of a label...but in vain...the same error occurs. Though it may be very simple, I am not able to crack it. Can someone please help me out.I am stuck!!! Thanks in advance for any suggetsions or help. Regards, Pavan > This may seem simple..but I am stuck here! I have a frame in which > I have a label. I was trying to change the caption of that label via > code (I mean at runtime & not design time). But there is always an > error saying "Compile error: Method or data member not found" I have > no idea how to solve thsi problem. I have created my label on the > frame itself. I tried to do it witha text box instead of a label...but > in vain...the same error occurs. Though it may be very simple, I am > not able to crack it. Can someone please help me out.I am stuck!!! > Thanks in advance for any suggetsions or help. You didn't supply any code to show what you were trying, so it is hard to know exactly what you are doing wrong. I'll try a guess though... to change the caption of a Label, you use its Caption pr...

Re: Scrolling text: Changing text color, etc.
Even though Paneled and AnimatorElements are not listed options for Animate (and they are highlighted in Red), they nevertheless work (at least on my platform version). This is very fragile since in a future version they could legitimately filter these unsanctioned options. Also, eliminating the appearance of the control requires that the cell be reevaluated for each sequencing of the animation. $Version 7.0 for Mac OS X x86 (64-bit) (February 19, 2009) Animate[Row[ RotateLeft[ Thread[ Style[ Characters["Calculus III, Pg 109 "], Bold, Red]], c...

Encryption from text to text...
I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into another form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out there? Thanks. In article <418f03f8@news.starhub.net.sg>, Kelvin <thefatcat28@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. You can look on CPAN (<http://search.cpan.org>) for various Crypt:: modules. FYI: this newsgroup is defunct. Try comp.lang.perl.misc in the future. On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:35:46 +0800, Kelvin wrote: > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into > another > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out > there? > > Thanks. I'm not sure how secure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decode, (there's 26 letters). Not secure, but nice easy and simple.mine not sure how sercure you need it to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the same method of to decoed, (theres 26 letters). Not sercure, but nice easy and simple. -- Andre...

Changing a Label Caption in a report
I've searched through the posting and found what should be the solution to changing the value of a label.... Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer) Me.lblTest.Caption = "I love Access" End Sub However, when I go to type a similiar thing into the code underlying my Access report, it doesn't offer the option of 'Caption' after the 'lblTest.'. I notice that at the start (after Me.), 'Caption' is on the list. Once I put in the label name, it isn't there. I report form opens. The obvious conclusion....I believe I have a poltigeist running around i...

Breaking (wrapping) Caption Text
Hi , How can I reformat the caption of the figure below xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxFigurexxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Figure 1. some very long caption foo bar foo bar foo bar into a wrapped caption like this: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxFigurexxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Figure 1. some very long caption foo bar foo bar bar -- Regards, Edward WIJAYA ewijaya@gmail.com wrote: > Hi , > > How can I reformat the caption of the figure below > > > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > xxxxxxFigurexxxxxxx > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > > Figure 1. some very long caption foo bar foo bar foo bar > > > into a wrapped caption like this: > > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > xxxxxxFigurexxxxxxx > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > > Fig...

Caption in List of Figures, but not in text
Hello, I already searched a lot, but I cannot find the right solution for my problem. I want to print my figures on separate pages without any caption. I however want to refer to these figures and put them in a List of Figures with captions. For example: \begin{figure}[h]\center\includegraphics[width=13cm]{Figure-CT.eps} \caption{\label{fig:CT_WP} \small Schematic overview of the working of a CT~scanner.} \end{figure} I would like Latex to draw this figures without any comment under it, but with the caption text ("Schematic overview of the working of a CT~scanner.") mentioned in the List of Figures. Thank you in advance!!! Arunaman wrote: > Hello, > > I already searched a lot, but I cannot find the right solution for my > problem. I want to print my figures on separate pages without any > caption. I however want to refer to these figures and put them in a > List of Figures with captions. > > For example: > > \begin{figure}[h]\center\includegraphics[width=13cm]{Figure-CT.eps} > \caption{\label{fig:CT_WP} \small Schematic overview of the working > of a CT~scanner.} > \end{figure} > > I would like Latex to draw this figures without any comment under it, > but with the caption text ("Schematic overview of the working of a > CT~scanner.") mentioned in the List of Figures. > > Thank you in advance!!! > \caption[text for list for figures]{} \label{key} might help -- /daleif (remove RTFS...

Why does $TEXT() not return text?
I am looking at a file I have created named TMGUSRI2.m This is with GT.M 6.2-002A Here is a stat of the .m file and the .o file kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EHR/p$ stat TMGUSRI2.m File: `TMGUSRI2.m' Size: 19171 Blocks: 40 IO Block: 4096 regular file Device: 821h/2081d Inode: 705008 Links: 1 Access: (0744/-rwxr--r--) Uid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Gid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Access: 2015-08-10 20:50:51.000000000 -0400 Modify: 2015-06-23 20:23:12.000000000 -0400 Change: 2015-06-23 20:23:11.000000000 -0400 Birth: - kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EH...

Web resources about - Change caption label text with caption package - comp.text.tex

Wikipedia:Manual of Style/Captions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... conventions (capitalization) . For the style guideline on capitalization generally, see Wikipedia:Manual of Style/Capital letters . A caption ...

Instagram Adds People Tab to Explore Menu, Allows Users to Edit Captions
Instagram released two new features for its iOS and Android applications: Users can now edit their captions , and a people tab was added to the ...

BBC World News - Captions Welcome: Obama meets the Pope - Facebook
Pope Francis (R) and US President Barack Obama shake hands after exchanging gifts during a private audience on March 27, 2014 at the Vatican. ...

Photo Frame Maker HD - Pic Collage + Border Styles, Caption Text Label, Filter Effect, Image Editor on ...
Get Photo Frame Maker HD - Pic Collage + Border Styles, Caption Text Label, Filter Effect, Image Editor on the App Store. See screenshots and ...

Caption Contest: The Force Is Strong With This SCOTUS Justice
What do you get when you cross galactic supervillain Darth Vader with judicial superhero Ruth Bader Ginsburg?

Riffsy’s keyboard app now lets you add captions to GIFs
... still isnt enough for you, then you can now go ahead and add a few more words to your GIF with the newly updated GIF Keyboard by Riffsy . Caption ...

Caption This: Obama Tours Original Shinola Store In Detroit
“Interesting. So this appears to be… um… some sort of excrement?” (Image courtesy of Valerie Jarrett)

Republican debate caption contest time!
Ever wonder what these guys are talking about when the microphones are dead during commercial breaks at the debates? Does this picture make you ...

These Hilarious Captions Lampooning Ludicrous Tech Company Decor Are Simply Perfect
Seriously, what other industry makes its most important decisions while sitting on fake hay bales at Pac-Man tables in pirate-ship themed treehouses? ...

Facebook Releases New Video Ad Features, Including Automated Captions
Plus more research and tips on making the most of video campaigns on Facebook where most visitors are on watching on smartphones. Please visit ...