changing the height of a single page

I want to chnage the tile of the height page of my document while
keeping the height of the other pages static. Please can someone
advise me on how I can change the height of a single page.

Thanks

monika.solanki@gmail.com wrote:
> I want to chnage the tile of the height page of my document while
> keeping the height of the other pages static. Please can someone
> advise me on how I can change the height of a single page.
>
> Thanks

at the beginning of the page

\vspace*{-1cm}        % lifts everything 1cm up into the header area
\enlargethispage{1cm} % extends the length of the page 1cm down into the footer area

--

/daleif (remove RTFSIGNATURE from email address)

LaTeX FAQ:      http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
LaTeX book:     http://www.imf.au.dk/system/latex/bog/    (in Danish)
Remember to post minimal examples, see URL below
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=minxampl
http://www.minimalbeispiel.de/mini-en.html
0
daleif2 (2648)

Changing the Change File Feature.
Is there a way to turn off the feature in Windows XP Home where, when a shortcut can't find its target file, it gets changed to point to a similarly-named file in another directory? Thanks. It does not get changed automatically. Just Click NO! -- Hope this helps. Let us know. Wes MS-MVP Windows Shell/User In news:bPVue.8700$NX4.8680@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net, Neil <nospam@nospam.net> hunted and pecked: > Is there a way to turn off the feature in Windows XP Home where, when a > shortcut can't find its target file, it gets changed to point to a > simila...

Changing the initial layout
Hi All, Trying to build my first Cocoa project, I'm having lot's of fun, but there is this thing I can't figure out. I'm building a game, on the right I have an openGL thing and on the left I have Tabpages. Now I've created 4 different Tab's no problems there. The problem is that now allways all tabs are applicable, when the application just started, I just want to show 2 of them. So I've to do something like: [menuBar->AdvancedTab retain]; [menuBar removeTabViewItem: menuBar->AdvancedTab]; But the thing is I've no clue where to put ...

Can't update Pages, iMovie, Numbers
I installed 10.10 on my wife's MacBook Air this morning. It installed fine, and the iPhoto, Keynote, and HP printer software updates installed fine too. But Pages 5.5.1, iMovie 10.0.6, and Numbers 3.5 that the App Store is offering up are not installing. If I click Update All, the spinning gear appears in the toolbar for 2-3 minutes, and then nothing gets installed. The App Store continues to offer them up. I click Update All again and the same happens. The installed Pages, iMovie, and Numbers are still versions 5.2.2, 10.0.4, and 3.2.2. Nothing is logged in Console...

Re: change value #3
Here's the (I think) analogous sql: proc sql ; update test set age = 20 where age = 200 ; quit ; -Roy -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of data _null_; Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 11:19 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: change value Here is a way, that works based on the information you have provided. Let's see if any one it paying attention :-) data work.test; input age sex:$1. @@; cards; 21 M 23 F 200 M ;;;; run; proc editor data=work.test; find 1,last age=200; list...

ComboBox change
I want the user to be able to have full functionality of a comboBox but with the ability to change the text. Does any of the attributes allow this? "Jules" <news@burnsville.freeserveXXX.co.uk> wrote: > >I want the user to be able to have full functionality of a comboBox but with >the ability to change the text. Does any of the attributes allow this? > > Jules, I believe you want to set the Style property to "0 - Dropdown Combo". This allows the user to pick an item from the list or type into the combo box. Regards, Eric Sorry, my mistake, I m...

change of career?
Hi, I currently work as a software engineer on quite complex signal processing code which really does stretch the old grey matter. I'm finding that I'm not enjoying it and would like to pursue a career in something a bit less technically challenging. Does anyone have any thoughts about what would be a good move into? I'd like to say what motivates me.... but i'm not too sure. Thanks, James. Home Depot. You can do it. We can help. LOL <blokedownpub@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:1168290930.424513.48240@q40g2000cwq.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I currently work...

Trying to change ID value in @array
Hi, I'm trying to replace the ID number in my @array. Each entry of addressbook.txt has an ID number, a name and an email address separated by a "|" in this format: 1|Robert|rob@email.com 2|Gerry|gerry@email.com 3|Frank|frank@email.com A user simply inputs a number in a web form, then the data is passed to this deletion script: # Get array entries open (ADDRESSES, "<data/addressbook.txt") or die "Can't open file: $!"; @recipients=<ADDRESSES>; close(ADDRESSES); # Loop to locate and delete entry based on form data foreach $recipients(@recipien...

how cani change font at console window
windows nt 4.0 i edit Lucida console and after that i cant see this font in property ...

changing CPerl indenting
I would like this: my $vars = { cgi => $cgi, pagetitle => 'SBAMentor', }; Changed to this: my $vars = { cgi => $cgi, pagetitle => 'SBAMentor', }; My eyes are blurry from looking for the answer. :-) I have cperl-mode on by default and I have the following in .emacs: ;; CPerl not Perl! (fset 'perl-mode 'cperl-mode) (add-hook 'cperl-mode-hook '(lambda () (cperl-set-style "PerlStyle"))) (setq cperl-hairy t) (setq cperl-indent-level 4) (setq cperl-continued-statement-offset 4) (setq cperl-brace-o...

How to change PCI interrupts?
We are trying to duplicate an experiment setup which uses QNX 6.1 and I am having some problems with the new computer. I am mostly a software guy, I don't know much about hardware but I believe the problem is about some interrupts clashing. The problem is when the PCI card is initialized and some FIFO open is attempted over the network with another QNX machine, the network goes down. The same cards and programs works fine with the current computers. I tested the new card with the old computers and it works fine. I tested the FIFO part without the PCI initialization and the netwo...

To change password in Eudora? URGENT!
Hi, I have just changed my password to my principal account (on the web) and Eudora is not able anymore to download my emails. How can I change password in Eudora too? Thanks <st.lucky@katamail.com> wrote... > Hi, I have just changed my password to my principal account (on the > web) and Eudora is not able anymore to download my emails. > How can I change password in Eudora too? > Thanks I think this'll do it: In Eudora, click on "Special", then "Forget Password(s)". Now then next time you try to retrieve your email, Eudora will ...

Changing the field of specialization in Computer Science
Hi all, I have done computer system engineering. I chose the Grid Computing field for doing my undergrad senior design project and worked on an OGSA compliant Replica Location Service for grids. But now I feel that back then I made a wrong choice as I found out later that I wasn't much interested in Grid Computing and found it hard to work in that field. Now I want to pursue Artificial Intelligence during my future work/studies. I want to pursue a masters degree with specialization in AI. My question is that is it possible to change lanes under the above mentioned circumstances...

DAQ change frequency while continously outputing sine wave
I have an NI USB DAQ and I can continuously generate a signal. I need to be able to continuously generate a signal and change the frequency from when desired, while still generating a signal. I have not been able to figure out how to change the frequency without shutting down the output first. This is the code I use to continuously generate the data: function [source, lh] = daqWvformControl(freq, signalVoltPk, squareWv, sampleRate, Dur) source = daq.createSession('ni'); source.IsContinuous = true; source.addAnalogOutputChannel('Dev1', 0, 'Voltage'); source.Rate...

[UNIFACE-L:4038] AW: Result to be showm on Last Page
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C37470.070B01A8 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Kumar, =20 You have to use break frames. =20 Regards =20 Pfeil GmbH Dipl.-Ing. Bernd Pfeil Gesch=E4ftsf=FChrender Gesellschafter Obertorstra=DFe 4-6 66111 Saarbr=FCcken Fon: +49 681 37985-0 Fax: +49 681 37985-13 E-mail: bpfeil@pfeilgmbh.de www: www.pfeilgmbh.de =20 -----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht----- Von: Rakesh Kumar Singh [mailto:rksingh@metro.com....

cms 4 static pages?
hi folks! m looking 4 a framework, that allows to build static community software (similar to facebook) without having to start scripts, database connects, admin cookies, e.t.c. means - should be dynamic without really being dynamic, delivering just static pages. (yes, i know e.g. nginx does that by caching, thats not what i want!) features wanted: a not database driven b password access ist done by just renaming users home directory. User at logout will receive new secret subdirectory name 4 new login. c no clientside scripting. changing layout will be done by rebu...

Trace on change/Signal on change/Call on change
Is ooRexx getting any closer to having a mechanism which could be used to trace when a particular variable or stem variable gets changed (to a particular value)? I don't know whether I'm writing cleverer bugs, or my debugging skills are waning with age, but it is starting to take me days to track down some problems that would be a snip with a variable monitor. I've just fixed such a bug. It took me about three years, because it happened only once a year, on average. Phew! -- Steve Swift http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html http://www.ringers.org.uk Swifty wrote: > Is ...

Changing UDCs online
Hello 3000-l Haven't done this in a long while, have searched the Archives, for more time than I care to relate, zero results: I have a UDC that is being accessed by, say, 70 Users, yet I need to implement a File command and save it so that they get the new version when they next logon. Of course the UDC is set to "*" and I can't save the file- someone know the method of doing this, sorry for any bandwidth- is it in the Archives? Timestamp? Best to all, esp those who got to go to Atlanta! John M Penney Systems Programmer Production Services Information Servi...

ttk::treeview item height changeable?
If the font is very large (e.g. 16 points) the tree content is not fitting into the rows. Can the height of the rows for the whole widget be changed? Googling around for a solution I found the following note (Mon, 28 Apr 2008): > ttk::treeview item height > is essentially hardcoded: there's (currently) no (convenient) way > to change it for individual items, or even for the widget as a whole. > --Joe English Is this still the actual state? Trying "ttk::style element options treearea" doesn't show any option ... στις 12/7/2010 20:45, O/H Zb...

Changing to Applemac
Hi, Could you help me please? I am considering changing to an Applemac from a Dell PC. I have three kids at school who will need to use it too, for homework/internet etc. No big requirements for gaming or anything like that, standard Office accessories used, nothing really fancy, but maybe Dreamweaver. Currently we have a quite powerful Dell PC (loads of memory/disk space etc) and would not want anything less powereful than that. Broadband internet access, whilst needed for several hours per day, is mainly for email, some music, and web research etc. So, what do I need to make the transition...

Changing the "Zoom" from Ctrl-Alt-Keypad plus/minus
hello, world\n I would like to change the key combination used to "zoom" (cycle through the resolution list). The xorg.conf manpage only says how to disable it: Option "DontZoom" "boolean" This disallows the use of the Ctrl+Alt+Keypad- Plus and Ctrl+Alt+Keypad-Minus sequences. These sequences allows you to switch between video modes. When this option is enabled, those key sequences have no special meaning and are passed to clients. Default: off. I need ...

I need a script that will use the DOM to change an actors lines to ....
bold when the actor clicks on his name at the top of the play,,,,,,,,no idea how to start this,,,,,I can trade original music for this info,,,,,I'm very good with Reason software "grasshopper" <rodger@peguesmusic.com> wrote in message news:1141624160.564209.154880@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > bold when the actor clicks on his name at the top of the play,,,,,,,,no > idea how to start this,,,,,I can trade original music for this > info,,,,,I'm very good with Reason software > I would approach it with a combination of css and javascript. tag each actor&...

change color in a bmp image
Hi, I'm a newbie in matlab and i want to write a program that loads and image and then changes the color at specified pixels.The pixels that I want to change are saved in a 2d array like that 332 64 332 65 356 67 etc. The original image that i load is pure white and I want to change the pixels color at pixel (332,64),(332,65),(356,67)and so on to black. Is there a function that can change a pixel from 255 to 0 value?How can I do that? Any help would be appreciated. :) kudrah wrote: > Hi, I'm a newbie in matlab and i want to write a program that loads > and image and then chang...

changing the GT system ?!
Hi all, is it possible to change the screen refresh to whole screen refresh instead of changed byte refresh which can help DBC code to work with lastest CVS of xharbour ? I have try to look into the GT source code, but have no idea on how to change it Thanks Try to update the GTWIN.C from GTwin, by changing screen update changed character into update whole line which work perfect and display DBC characters correctly. these make me step forward from Dec 2007 CVS, to latest CVS :-) Thanks ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Changing SMTP Port In Evolution
All: Sorry if this is a bit OT, but I'll be dead before anybody answers this in the Novell support group... I need to change my SMTP port in Evolution 2.0.2 and I can't seem to find where to do that. Please advise. Thanks, John "John" <john_tilly@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:pan.2005.01.26.16.00.11.772179@hotmail.com > Sorry if this is a bit OT, but I'll be dead before anybody answers > this in the Novell support group... > > I need to change my SMTP port in Evolution 2.0.2 and I can't seem to > find where to do that. > > Ple...

man pages
Hello, When I'm entering man pages (M-x man) xemacs hangs for about 2 minutes. How to avoid this? (XEmacs 21.5.18 "chestnut") TIA, jimmij -- I come from the Land Of Imagination jimmij <jimmij@jj.jj> writes: > Hello, > When I'm entering man pages (M-x man) xemacs hangs for about 2 minutes. > How to avoid this? Hi jimmij, M-x toggle-debug-on-quit then cause the hang again. Press C-g (keyboard-quit) after 1 minute or so. Send us the *Backtrace* buffer content. That should give us some clues. Good Luck, Adrian > (XEmac...