changing the height of a single page

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I want to chnage the tile of the height page of my document while
keeping the height of the other pages static. Please can someone
advise me on how I can change the height of a single page.

Thanks

0
Reply monika.solanki (7) 7/12/2007 9:36:12 AM

See related articles to this posting

monika.solanki@gmail.com wrote:
> I want to chnage the tile of the height page of my document while
> keeping the height of the other pages static. Please can someone
> advise me on how I can change the height of a single page.
>
> Thanks

at the beginning of the page

\vspace*{-1cm}        % lifts everything 1cm up into the header area
\enlargethispage{1cm} % extends the length of the page 1cm down into the footer area

--

/daleif (remove RTFSIGNATURE from email address)

LaTeX FAQ:      http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
LaTeX book:     http://www.imf.au.dk/system/latex/bog/    (in Danish)
Remember to post minimal examples, see URL below
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=minxampl
http://www.minimalbeispiel.de/mini-en.html
0
Reply daleif2 (2648) 7/12/2007 9:40:54 AM
comp.text.tex 36572 articles. 70 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Change Page Size On Single Page
Is it possible to change the page dimensions for a single page? For example, I want to place an extremely large pstricks graphic...and 'letter' paper is way too small. I'd like to have a square page of 15x15in. Thanks. "Tom Jones" <thomasjones@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:fhomcd$t19$1@skeeter.ucdavis.edu... > Is it possible to change the page dimensions for a single page? > > For example, I want to place an extremely large pstricks graphic...and > 'letter' paper is way too small. I'd like to have a square page of > 15x15in. ...

changing the margins of a single page in document
I am using a journal style file and would like to change the margins of one page such that my sideways table would fit. Each page has a running title and footnote. I have tried several ways, and have failed. Thanks. Vumani Vumani Dlamini wrote: > I am using a journal style file and would like to change the margins > of one page such that my sideways table would fit. Each page has a > running title and footnote. I have tried several ways, and have > failed. Vumani, Assuming you are preparing a document for submission to this journal, you are probably not supposed to change th...

Subreport Height not Grow/Shrink when change Page
Hello, I have a calendar report which uses 30 copies of a sub-report to build each day. Working just fine except: Let's say January 16th, there are 2 items to be listed for that date and the sub-report grows to a height of 0.5". I hit Next Page, go to February. There are now 4 items that need to be listed in that box. But instead of growing to accomodate these 4 items, the box stays at the 0.5" from January, and thus cuts off the February data. The subreport hieghts are being set on Page #1, and will not grow or shrink to adjust to the page 2 data. Any ideas on how to force ...

change style.height stops loading of page in IE
Hi, I have a little Flash app that needs to change the size of its height once it loads. It works in Firefox, Opera and Internet Explorer but I have come across an issue I need help with. Once the size changes in IE, it won't load the rest of the page (if the page hasnt' finished loading all the content). Has anyone else come across this issue? Any ideas of a workaround I could use? Thanks! Kris You can see it here: http://www.krisrange.com/port_test.php here is the code I am using the change the height: document.getElementById('flash_portfolio').style.height = newH+"...

temporarily changing page height in landscape mode (for a long table)
I'm using lscape and longtable to display rather wide and very long tables that over many pages. I would like to reduce the portrait side margins, ie the landscape top and bottom margins, so that my multi-page table takes up fewer pages. The package adjustwidth package changes the *other* margin, ie it could allow a wider table when the table is in landscape. Does anyone have an idea for how to do this for the landscape table height? I just want the expanded margins on designated pages (e.g. with a landscape longtable, or even just for the entire Appendix). Thanks!! table fiend Chris...

Splitting 2 pages/page landscape postscript file into two single page portrait pages
Hi, I am a newbie. I have a book.ps file which has all the pages, having two facing pages per portrait page like this: +---------------+--------------+ | | | | | | +---------------+--------------+ I want to split the two pages. I dont want to scan the pages and then make bulky images out of compact pdf file. The file was generated from a dvi and latex that are no longer available. The author has died. The ps was made to save the number of printed pages in an era before pdf. So there are two problems: (1) split the ps into single p...

Is there an easy way to put two single pdf pages side by side in a single pdf page?
I have a number of pairs of pdf pages. The pdf pages in each pair are of the same height or same width. I want to combine them into a single pdf file side by side (without spacing in between) (left-right if they are of the same height, and top-bottom if they are of the same width). I could includegraphics in latex to have two pdf pages in a single pdf pages. But the adjustment of the page margin and final pdf page size may not be straightforward. Could you please let me know what is the easiest way to put two pdf pages in side by side in a single page? Le 11/04/2010 22:00, Peng Y...

Web-page that *BOTH* changes current page + displays a Pop-up page from JavaScript
I'm having trouble accomplishing the subject task in an HTML JavaScript. When I initially spec'd the function, I envisioned JavaScript source with the following flow: 1) Create pop-up window via popupWindow = window.open(...) 2) Change current page via window.location.replace(URL) 3) Change focus to put pop-up window back on top via popupWindow.focus () I did not anticipate that my JavaScript would terminate upon the completion of the method in #2 above. As a result, I have created a pop-down window, hidden behind the new page. Is there a methodology I can use to accomplish the ...

Web-page that *BOTH* changes current page + displays a Pop-up page from JavaScript
I'm having trouble accomplishing the subject task in an HTML JavaScript. When I initially spec'd the function, I envisioned JavaScript source with the following flow: 1) Create pop-up window via popupWindow = window.open(...) 2) Change current page via window.location.replace(URL) 3) Change focus to put pop-up window back on top via popupWindow.focus () I did not anticipate that my JavaScript would terminate upon the completion of the method in #2 above. As a result, I have created a pop-down window, hidden behind the new page. Is there a methodology I can use to ...

put multiple pages on a single page?
I have a 50 slide presentation which I want to review on paper. To save paper I'd like to print 4 slides per page. Can I do this within LaTeX? Or is there some windows utility I can use to achieve the same? Mark P wrote: > I have a 50 slide presentation which I want to review on paper. To save > paper I'd like to print 4 slides per page. Can I do this within LaTeX? > Or is there some windows utility I can use to achieve the same? how i do this is to adjust the pages per sheet settings for the print job (ie. in print dialogue, select properties, and then adjust to ...

Printing a single page document twice on the same page
I have a single page PDF document that I would like to print twice on the same page. Example: a small one page flyer that could be printed off twice on the same page and cut in half to save paper. This is failrly easy to do with a two page document (just print 2-up). I'd rather not have to double the size of the pdf by recreating the single page and making a two page document with duplicate data. Any ideas? ...

Changing color of a single line as the values change?
Hello I want to plot a single line in a figure and the only difference between the usual plot(t,y) and what I want is: as the values of y change with time so does the color (something like what happen in the 3D mesh plots). If the difference between one point and the one just behind it in time is small the color is blue whereas if the difference is large the color is red. Any ideas? Many thanks Ed ...

Extract page size from a single-page pdf
Hi all, I'm using PHP (on Windows) to extract data from a bunch of single-page PDFs. They are created as such and never subsequently edited (so they were never, for instance, multipage PDFs from which pages were then deleted). What's the simplest way of extracting the page size from these files? (I'm not particularly fussed about page orientation.) At present, I'm using a combination of XPDF and pdftk to extract other information from these files. On Mar 4, 9:59=A0am, strawberry <zac.ca...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I'm using PHP (on Windows) to extr...

How to do Single page/double page on Duplex Printer.
I know it must be possible, but Ive never seen example Postscript code on how to do the equivalent of 'showpage' to generate only a single sided page on a DUPLEX printer. (actually I want to switch back an forth inside the document, doing some pages duplex, and a few single sided). For reference, this is a Level 2 printer. Reg.Clemens reg@dwf.com On 2008-04-11, Reg Clemens <clemens@dwf.com> wrote: > I know it must be possible, but Ive never seen example Postscript code > on how to do the equivalent of 'showpage' to generate only a single > sided pag...

How to change the distance between page number and bottom of the page?
Hello, texer: I want to make the distance between page number and bottom of the page to be 0.5 inch. Thanks. Vol wrote: > Hello, texer: > I want to make the distance between page number and bottom of the page > to be 0.5 inch. Thanks. See the FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=changemargin or get the package geometry from CTAN. Alan ...

Changing all Page Views in Previously Bookmarked Pages
I am producing pdf files from SAS using their output delivery system. SAS produces bookmarked pages using "by" groups; e.g., "by State;" might produce bookmarked output pages for Alabama, Alaska, etc. My problem is that I want the pdf file to display using bookmarks and the 'fit width' view. SAS seems to open in "Default" view but clicking on a bookmark takes you to a page with about a 160% enlarged view. SAS has no option for changing this and I have not found a simple procedure in Acrobat to change the view of all bookmarked pages at once (I have to go t...

Printer loads multiple pages for a single page
Hi. I have a recurring problem with my printer (HP deskjet 845c). While it prints well enough for my needs, many times it loads two or three pages (A4, normal quality) and prints a single page on them, as if they were one. For example, if I set it to print an HTML file with a header at the top right (indicating, say, url) and then a title, followed by the main text, it prints the header on the lowermost of the three pages loaded together. The title is split between the three, and the main text starts on the uppermost one. Is there a way to solve this without setting really larg...

Running Perl From Web Page W/out Changing Page?
Is there any way to run a Perl script from a web page without changing the web page? I'd like to be able to click a button on a web page and have it run a script in the background, but not have to re-load the page or change anything.��Is this possible? Thanks! Hal Hal Vaughan wrote: > Is there any way to run a Perl script from a web page without > changing the web page? > > I'd like to be able to click a button on a web page and have it run > a script in the background, but not have to re-load the page or > change anything. Is this possible? Yes. Provided that ...

Blank Pages in Printing Reports (Page Height Mismatch?)
I am having a minor but annoying problem with some reports in Access 2003. (I had the same problem with Access 97, so it isn't version-dependent.) Some of the reports that I originally developed with the Report Wizard but have since edited now print so that there is a blank page after each actual page. I assume that this is because the page size is slightly larger than the Page Setup for the LaserJet. I assume that I need to adjust some parameter to change the height of the report page. However, I can't find a control that is the page height. What do I adjust to do this? - ...

i am trying to setup a link in my page that will change my page

Run Perl From Web Page W/out Changing Page?
Is there any way to run a Perl script from a web page without changing the web page? I'd like to be able to click a button on a web page and have it run a script in the background, but not have to re-load the page or change anything. Is this possible? Thanks! Hal ...

height:=PaintBox1.Height; magically changes the size of the form?
As soon as i read the Height property of a paintbox inside a from as shown below the whole Form is resized (it seems to the configured minimum). How come? akLeft,akRigth,aktop,akbottom of the paintbox are all true. Or what is right object to use inside a form to paint things into? Robert --- procedure TForm1.OnChartPaint(Sender: TObject); Var i,heigth,width:integer; //c:^TCanvas; begin //c:=@PaintBox1.Canvas; ... height:=PaintBox1.Height; // form resized - why?? exit; ... robert wrote: > As soon as i read the Height property of a paintbox in...

wxWizard dynamically changing current page to last page
Hi all, I am using wxWizard for the first time and haven't been able to figure something out. I have a Wizard where the first page offers the user a choice using radio buttons. The first page derives from wxWizardPage (not Simple). Some of the choices should have additional pages, some should not. The default option does, so a Next button shows initially. When the user clicks an option that has no further pages, I modify my virtual GetNext method to return NULL. The user clicks Next, and the Wizard closes as expected. Unfortunately, the button label on "Next"...

IE6 changes page font size when button value changed?
Hi All, I've come across a strange IE6 issue in which I'd love to get your opinion. My IE6 is set to use smallest fonts (view=>text size). When clicking the following submit button, the text grows back to normal until the new page arrives. <input type="submit" value="Next" onClick='this.value="Please Wait"'> Any remedy here? Thanks! Tal ...